Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 06:19:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Please vote for a duckNote ticker you like. Remember your vote may be decisive.
[duck]
[quak]
[quack]
[duk]
[duc]
[xdn]
[dknt]

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XDN] duckNote [ANN]. Anonymous, CPU-efficient, Smart Economy  (Read 156839 times)
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 01:40:40 AM

duckNote is a great coin with great future, just look at emission curve and other network specs, also look at duckNote popularity in Asia, especially in China, i hope marketing will include growing Asia markets, and i believe it will.
If Ducknote was popular it would be going up in price. Ducknote is going down in price, which means it is not popular.
If Ducknote falls any further it may get de listed.

Now ducknote may be a good coin, and I think it is,  but that wont matter if it goes down and gets de listed.
So the important thing is to make sure that doesn't happen.
Ducknote is also very very cheap, but that wont matter either if it gets delisted
its not going to get de listed after one down day.  It just barely got listed anyways.  patience everyone.  this is how markets work.

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
joewills

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:45:01 AM

someone have buy XDN by 3 sat of all .
I think the price will not go down.
It's cheap.
Mouse020

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

No one like you

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:10:57 AM

It is too hard to mined!
And it too cheap..
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:07:13 AM

its not going to get de listed after one down day.  It just barely got listed anyways.  patience everyone.  this is how markets work.

One issue is this. The coin has buyers at 2 satoshi's and sellers at 3 satoshi's. If you buy at 3 and then decide to sell then you lose one third of your money.
Ducknotou buy at 2 and then have to sell you lose half your money. This is ahuge problem!!!es are moving down about 1 satoshi every day so soon there will buy could easily be sellers at 2 satoshi and buyers at 1 satoshi. This makes it even worse.
If we reduced the number of coins it would solve this problem.. If every 10 ducknotes turn into 1.
What would help if if we could trade at 1.1sat or 1.5 sat or 1.8 sat. Bt the excahnges we trade on dont have that function (coinedup does)

Maybe someone has some better ideas?
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 08:14:10 AM

One issue is this. The coin has buyers at 2 satoshi's and sellers at 3 satoshi's. If you buy at 3 and then decide to sell then you lose one third of your money.
Ducknotou buy at 2 and then have to sell you lose half your money. This is ahuge problem!!!es are moving down about 1 satoshi every day so soon there will buy could easily be sellers at 2 satoshi and buyers at 1 satoshi. This makes it even worse.
If we reduced the number of coins it would solve this problem.. If every 10 ducknotes turn into 1.
What would help if if we could trade at 1.1sat or 1.5 sat or 1.8 sat. Bt the excahnges we trade on dont have that function (coinedup does)

i don't think you understand how markets work.

you don't but at 3 and sell at 2.  If you investing you buy at 3 and wait for it to go up.

Also you can not randomly adjust or reduce the number of coins to solve any problem.

There are coins with way less volume that ducknote that are still alive on the exchanges.  There is no reason to worried that this coin will be delisted, ups and downs in the markets are normal.

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
joewills

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:22:08 AM

you don't but at 3 and sell at 2.  If you investing you buy at 3 and wait for it to go up.

Also you can not randomly adjust or reduce the number of coins to solve any problem.

There are coins with way less volume that ducknote that are still alive on the exchanges.  There is no reason to worried that this coin will be delisted, ups and downs in the markets are normal.

buy XDN and make the price higher .than the problem will be solve
PVmining

Activity: 330
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:21:36 AM

@ 33zer0w0lf

...sometimes the ducknote stats on your extremepool.org does not work anymore + last block found a hour ago...
does the pool work in that moment further, because the stratum messages shows everything is fine?
RaitR

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 10:24:59 AM

The wallet doesnt even work and you worry about the price? Meh...
Been trying to sync it for days now just to transfer from one market to another and I cant, its such a trap.
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:55:02 AM

Been trying to sync it for days now just to transfer from one market to another and I cant, its such a trap.

Works fine here. I even sent some duckNotes to a couple exchanges to play with, both arrived quickly.

You've got to know that syncing can take a long time if you sync the whole blockchain. If you stop in the middle of syncing, do so by typing "exit" in the daemon, so it will save the blockchain, and will restart from there the next time you run it - otherwise it will restart from scratch again.

Once the daemon is synced, the wallet should talk to it fine. Type "refresh" to sync to the daemon and see your balance. Do it from time to time as the daemon receives more blocks. If the daemon isn't running, the wallet won't do much.

_o<
RaitR

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 11:29:24 AM

Works fine here. I even sent some duckNotes to a couple exchanges to play with, both arrived quickly.

You've got to know that syncing can take a long time if you sync the whole blockchain. If you stop in the middle of syncing, do so by typing "exit" in the daemon, so it will save the blockchain, and will restart from there the next time you run it - otherwise it will restart from scratch again.

Once the daemon is synced, the wallet should talk to it fine. Type "refresh" to sync to the daemon and see your balance. Do it from time to time as the daemon receives more blocks. If the daemon isn't running, the wallet won't do much.

_o<

Had to start from the beginning, daemon is giving me alot of red, just said 0 days behind, now its 5 days behind and my coins still not appearing. Total bummer.
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:46:11 PM

Had to start from the beginning, daemon is giving me alot of red, just said 0 days behind, now its 5 days behind and my coins still not appearing. Total bummer.

0 days behind sounds good. Did you not type exit to stop hte daemon when you started from the beginning ? 5 days sounds like you had a 5 day old blockchain, synced it, then stopped the daemon without saving (exit will save, but closing the window it's running in will not).

Lots of red should be OK, though it depends on the actual  messages. Wait them out.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:27:58 PM

I do, I've worked professionally as a trader in financial markets, off and on for over 20 years.

you don't but at 3 and sell at 2.  If you investing you buy at 3 and wait for it to go up.
Not every trade is for long term investment. Plus any long term investment approach must have some risk management. Risk management means knowing when to cut a loss. This applies even moreso in the highly speculative world of crypto currencies. What investment fund manager or what investor does not have a strategy to cut a loss?
But not only are we in the highly speculative world of crypto currencies. We are at the speculative end of that world.

I'm not suggesting anything "random" happen
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:34:31 PM

I do, I've worked professionally as a trader in financial markets, off and on for over 20 years.

you don't but at 3 and sell at 2.  If you investing you buy at 3 and wait for it to go up.
Not every trade is for long term investment. Plus any long term investment approach must have some risk management. Risk management means knowing when to cut a loss. This applies even moreso in the highly speculative world of crypto currencies. What investment fund manager or what investor does not have a strategy to cut a loss?
But not only are we in the highly speculative world of crypto currencies. We are at the speculative end of that world.

Agree... you're the one that clearly understands the problem.

And the situation is even worse than it looks...
Because there are probably a billion or more coins on the sidelines...
With people deciding whether to dump them at 2 sats or even 1 sat.

We are very close to a zero bid market... and/or delisting.

For traders, it's all about not wasting time...
*** When there are dozens of GREAT coins to trade out there 24/7 ***.
So traders walked away from XDN many days ago (only 2 BTC/day of miner dumping going on).

Unless the Dev comes on here and shows some understanding of this broken market...
And announces a plan/fork to address this death spiral with a reverse split...
I'm gonna dump my 3-4 million and never look back... getting 1 sat is better than zero.
joewills

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:50:40 PM

Agree... you're the one that clearly understands the problem.

And the situation is even worse than it looks...
Because there are probably a billion or more coins on the sidelines...
With people deciding whether to dump them at 2 sats or even 1 sat.

We are very close to a zero bid market... and/or delisting.

For traders, it's all about not wasting time...
*** When there are dozens of GREAT coins to trade out there 24/7 ***.
So traders walked away from XDN many days ago (only 2 BTC/day of miner dumping going on).

Unless the Dev comes on here and shows some understanding of this broken market...
And announces a plan/fork to address this death spiral with a reverse split...
I'm gonna dump my 3-4 million and never look back... getting 1 sat is better than zero.

wait.
joewills

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:02:13 PM

http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade.html 
Vote it @BTC38
dNote (OP)

Activity: 896

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 03:36:58 PM

Next week updates = bytecoin updates, that moves blockchain out of RAM and other small fixes.
Developers are working on moving that changes to duckNote and testing it. Also working around GUI wallet, but that is not the priority now, the main thing now is to make network more scalable in terms of rewards and fees.
There will be no change of coin amount or supply.
There is no hardfork in plans. 

In next 2 weeks marketing phase will begin, means giveaways, coin promotion, etc.
As for now - network is really stable, block intervals are perfect, all is going according to THE PLAN.

For those who can`t see differences from other cryptonote coins - look at source code, check % of orphans in the network, check % of "bad shares" on pools, you will see that duckNote is a winner. Like

24 hours of mining with the same mining software and hardware gives:
4% of bad shares on Monero
2% of bad shares on Bytecoin
0.5% of bad shares on duckNote.

Orphans in above networks 6/2/1.

As for the prices: now it is absolutely about speculation, because there is NO services yet and NO markets yet.
Also low prices now means that coin goes to more hands - that is good for further decentralization.

duck ducked before tiger jump.

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
joewills

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:09:19 PM

Next week updates = bytecoin updates, that moves blockchain out of RAM and other small fixes.
Developers are working on moving that changes to duckNote and testing it. Also working around GUI wallet, but that is not the priority now, the main thing now is to make network more scalable in terms of rewards and fees.
There will be no change of coin amount or supply.
There is no hardfork in plans. 

In next 2 weeks marketing phase will begin, means giveaways, coin promotion, etc.
As for now - network is really stable, block intervals are perfect, all is going according to THE PLAN.

For those who can`t see differences from other cryptonote coins - look at source code, check % of orphans in the network, check % of "bad shares" on pools, you will see that duckNote is a winner. Like

24 hours of mining with the same mining software and hardware gives:
4% of bad shares on Monero
2% of bad shares on Bytecoin
0.5% of bad shares on duckNote.

Orphans in above networks 6/2/1.

As for the prices: now it is absolutely about speculation, because there is NO services yet and NO markets yet.
Also low prices now means that coin goes to more hands - that is good for further decentralization.

duck ducked before tiger jump.

Good .
pwstegman

Activity: 169

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:34:09 PM

Anyone know how many confirms bittrex requires?
babybonobo

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:23:08 PM

I'm surprised some are so quick to call a coin dead when it has hardly been around for a month.  Not everybody is selling their coins and people aren't necessarily buying because they can mine fairly efficiently at this moment in difficulty.  I've been mining for like a month straight, haven't sold anything and don't plan to for a long time.  I also haven't bought any off exchanges because I don't feel I need to.

I haven't ever had problems with the wallet, the coin has less orphans than some other coins, and it is silly.  Obviously if you want this coin to be worth a lot right off the bat, YOU are the pumper/dumper.  I still like this coin and would be down to help with promotion.
makyoo

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:30:30 PM

I've noticed very good things about the wallet.
No problems with transactions between my address and exchanges (Bittrex, Poloniex).
Very fast!
Route Bittrex - Wallet - Poloniex took only about 20 minutes without any problems like with XMR ("transaction too big" errors and such).

I really like cryptonote idea. I started with Monero and see that this coin have improvements.
Dev is honest (very important!) and active.
Coin is about one month old and it trades on two big exchanges. Voting open on btc38.com (yesterday was about 40 votes, today 97 votes)
Also we have big list of bounties, explorer, forum and reddit. All this in one month. There is a lot of other coins without all those things which are popular and its price increased.

To people who talk about the price. I think now is the time to support the coin (buy, mine, buy support orders) not to trade.
Either you believe in it or not. If you are looking only for a quick profit, like yous said there is a lot of other coins.
I'm in.
Buying from couple of days (good prices + to create buy support) and mining from today (3 machines (16 cores) to support the network and see how it goes).
Waiting for improvements and future news.

I think it could be a good idea to put creating GUI wallet on higher priority. Lot of people don't understand how those cmd-line works and there is not many information about it.

QUACK!  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: