Bitcoin Forum
October 01, 2026, 09:44:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Please vote for a duckNote ticker you like. Remember your vote may be decisive.
[duck]
[quak]
[quack]
[duk]
[duc]
[xdn]
[dknt]

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XDN] duckNote [ANN]. Anonymous, CPU-efficient, Smart Economy  (Read 156981 times)
makyoo
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 51
Merit: 0


View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:14:14 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 11:50:22 AM by makyoo
 #961

In theory is it possible to have multiple addresses in this wallet like your general qt wallets?
As far as I know you have only one address for one wallet. But maybe dev will clarify this.


Wow! After those movements on bittrex and poloniex we have stable 5-6 sats price and hashrate jumped from around 300KH to 630KH Smiley
I see more people realized that duck is not a joke, but real player on cryptonote field.
Thank you dev for taking care of project and community. I think the community will grow.
Good luck Duck!

Edit:
687KH now. More than Bytecoin Smiley
Cyriaque5962
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 140
Merit: 100


View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:12:25 PM
 #962

I have this message error and my ducknoted.exe seems unable to synchronize.
I tried to delete it and reinstall, same problem :


makyoo
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 51
Merit: 0


View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:50:46 PM
 #963

I have this message error and my ducknoted.exe seems unable to synchronize.
I tried to delete it and reinstall, same problem :

http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2014/07/06/140706022103787485.jpg

I think those errors means that the block reward will be lower beacuse of penalty (transaction too big).
You should not worry about it.
Just wait till you download all blockchain (now you are 13days behind) It can take a while. On my dual xeon and 10Mb internet connection it took about 30min few days ago.
Check my tutorials to see how it should work:
here on bitcointalk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632595.msg7568976#msg7568976
or on youtube http://youtu.be/Q2WmegytjYA
dNote (OP)
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000



View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 03:16:44 PM
 #964

Another duckNote feature, unlike other cryptonote coins - keeping small blockchain size.
Explanation:
1. duckNote block interval is 4 min ~ 11000 blocks/month or ~ 132000 blocks/year. = small blockchain size.
2. Due to the duckNote integer BASE_REWARD rewards structure - 320000 ->160000->800000->etc
average duckNote generation transaction (or "mining transaction") have only 2 OUTPUTS or 1 OUTPUT
E.G https://minergate.com/blockchain/duck/transaction/462c1042633294154ef38bb43bc99692d34b97ffa4a24dcbd5781608e8d51170
160000 reward = 100000+60000 (2 outputs)
That keeps general "mining transactions" = 132 bytes, unlike other cryptonote coins with > 300 bytes average sized "mining transaction" and >5 outputs.
3. duckNote blockchain is less then any other cryptonote coin.

D<

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
T.Stuart
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 644
Merit: 500


One Token to Move Anything Anywhere


View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:24:44 PM
 #965

In theory is it possible to have multiple addresses in this wallet like your general qt wallets?
As far as I know you have only one address for one wallet. But maybe dev will clarify this.


Thanks  makyoo.

I was wondering, would you be able to give instructions explaining how to use the new HTML GUI as a wallet?

This would have to be step by step, to cater for non-technicals like me.  Grin

                                                                               
███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
.
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
pwstegman
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 169
Merit: 100


View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:37:52 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 08:14:34 PM by pwstegman
 #966

I have a vm with over a gig of memory, but when I try to compile from source, I get "virtual memory exhausted"... how much memory does this take to compile?!
Edit2: I ran it again to see how much swap space it used.  I gave the vm 1 gig of ram, and it used almost 2 GB of swap, so I would recommend that the total of memory and swap is at least 3.
Edit3: Well it's been a few hours now of compiling...  I hate using swap.

Edit:

Okay, so I ended up having to add more swap space.  For anyone else who runs into this issue too, here's (one way) to add more swap space.  I added 3 gigabytes:

To check how much swap space you currently have in megabytes:
free -m

To add more swap space (again, I added 3G):
sudo fallocate -l 3G /swapfile
sudo chmod 600 /swapfile
sudo mkswap /swapfile
sudo swapon /swapfile


Now preserve this over reboots:
sudo nano /etc/fstab

Add the following line to the end of the file, then save and close the file:
/swapfile none swap sw 0 0

Make sure that swap is only used when it is absolutely needed:
echo 10 | sudo tee /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
echo vm.swappiness = 10 | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf
dNote (OP)
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000



View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 07:28:24 AM
 #967

I have a vm with over a gig of memory, but when I try to compile from source, I get "virtual memory exhausted"... how much memory does this take to compile?!
Edit2: I ran it again to see how much swap space it used.  I gave the vm 1 gig of ram, and it used almost 2 GB of swap, so I would recommend that the total of memory and swap is at least 3.
Edit3: Well it's been a few hours now of compiling...  I hate using swap.

Edit:

Okay, so I ended up having to add more swap space.  For anyone else who runs into this issue too, here's (one way) to add more swap space.  I added 3 gigabytes:

To check how much swap space you currently have in megabytes:
free -m

To add more swap space (again, I added 3G):
sudo fallocate -l 3G /swapfile
sudo chmod 600 /swapfile
sudo mkswap /swapfile
sudo swapon /swapfile


Now preserve this over reboots:
sudo nano /etc/fstab

Add the following line to the end of the file, then save and close the file:
/swapfile none swap sw 0 0

Make sure that swap is only used when it is absolutely needed:
echo 10 | sudo tee /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
echo vm.swappiness = 10 | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf



1GB swap:
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=1024 count=1048576
mkswap -f /swapfile
swapon /swapfile

add following to /etc/fstab:
Code:
/swapfile   none   swap   sw 0 0


Using new HTML GUI:

1.Download and compile the latest version of duckNote or use precompiled (will be available soon):
Code:
git clone https://github.com/ducknote/ducknote
cd ducknote
make

Get your compiled "ducnoted" and "simplewallet" in ducknote/build/release/src folder.

2. run
Code:
./ducnoted
wait until sync.
3. run ./simplewallet in JSON-RPC enabled mode:
Code:
./simplewallet --wallet-file=YOUR_WALLET_FILENAME --password=YOUR_WALLET_PASSWORD --rpc-bind-port=42082

That command will start ./simplewallet in JSON-RPC mode binding on localhost.

4. Just open wallet.html file in any browser and enjoy GUI.

Next step is a bash script that makes all the mentioned above in 1 click. And duckNote OS, that have all lucky ducky tools to go.D<

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
T.Stuart
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 644
Merit: 500


One Token to Move Anything Anywhere


View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:08:44 AM
 #968


Next step is a bash script that makes all the mentioned above in 1 click. And duckNote OS, that have all lucky ducky tools to go.D<


Thank you very much for the explanation dNote.

Being non-computer literate, to be on the safe side I will wait for the layman's UI!

                                                                               
███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
.
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
joewills
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 182
Merit: 100


View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:41:10 PM
 #969

XDN will be added to HitBTC soon.
XDN rank 11.

Please vote XDN.
BTC38:  http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade.html
           An account can vote 1 vote. If you have BTC, you will vote more votes.
Bter:     http://cn.bter.com/voting
           An account can vote 1 vote. If you have BTR, you will vote more votes.
HitBtc:  https://hitbtc.com/vote
           An account can vote 10 votes.If you have different IP,you can changed IP to vote.One IP,One vote.

Donate:
     BTC: 15PDeeieBTR7vNHYJWFkKVifTXVq9WE3Jn
     XDN:
          Deposit address: ddddecTXF5B9PDwqZXP4Bs1FwttZbhF2YTRstruKctMoFJTE3VgD5uKd4RzmTHdzkv52wWWK2NYmfJe aiTuut2Pe2RVimGCvZ
          Payment ID: 051133d03249b12ba61bff4f7ad171ee4b7838fb9bc07f3dfa32fdd844c67803
joewills
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 182
Merit: 100


View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:21:56 AM
 #970

XDN will be added to HitBTC soon.
XDN rank 11.

Please vote XDN.
BTC38:  http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade.html
           An account can vote 1 vote. If you have BTC, you will vote more votes.
Bter:     http://cn.bter.com/voting
           An account can vote 1 vote. If you have BTR, you will vote more votes.
HitBtc:  https://hitbtc.com/vote
           An account can vote 10 votes.If you have different IP,you can changed IP to vote.One IP,One vote.

Donate:
     BTC: 15PDeeieBTR7vNHYJWFkKVifTXVq9WE3Jn
     XDN:
          Deposit address: ddddecTXF5B9PDwqZXP4Bs1FwttZbhF2YTRstruKctMoFJTE3VgD5uKd4RzmTHdzkv52wWWK2NYmfJe aiTuut2Pe2RVimGCvZ
          Payment ID: 051133d03249b12ba61bff4f7ad171ee4b7838fb9bc07f3dfa32fdd844c67803


BTC38:  rank 12 by 177 ticket. Rank 1 by 767 ticket.
Bter   :  rank 90 by 0 ticket.Rank  1 by 9559 ticket.
Hitbtc:  rank  11 by 859 ticket.Rank  1 by 13886 ticket.

 Everybody,Hurry up! Everybody,
joewills
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 182
Merit: 100


View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:39:59 PM
 #971

Do you know why the price is so low and the hast rate pump and dump?
Because the pool is a shit pool.
The pool can't afford the coin right now,everyone give up XDN to mine other coin.
dNote (OP)
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000



View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 03:35:29 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 04:11:06 PM by dNote
 #972

Do you know why the price is so low and the hast rate pump and dump?
Because the pool is a shit pool.
The pool can't afford the coin right now,everyone give up XDN to mine other coin.

there are lots of pools, and number of is working correct, like minergate, xminingpool, extremepool, etc. Network hashrate is following the price.

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
33zer0w0lf
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 224
Merit: 100


View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 03:59:59 PM
 #973

Do you know why the price is so low and the hast rate pump and dump?
Because the pool is a shit pool.
The pool can't afford the coin right now,everyone give up XDN to mine other coin.

there are lots of pools, and number of is working correct, like minergate and xminingpool. Network hashrate is following the price.
What does a pool have to do with the price of the coin?

http://duck.extremepool.org

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
Rew0k
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 23
Merit: 0


View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:34:07 PM
 #974

hey guys! I do not understand why this coin is not yet a absolute favorite?
I see that she is developing quite actively. but why do people still mined Monero, and so on?
joewills
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 182
Merit: 100


View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:49:01 PM
 #975

hey guys! I do not understand why this coin is not yet a absolute favorite?
I see that she is developing quite actively. but why do people still mined Monero, and so on?
The pool is bad  and  we need something to support the price.
33zer0w0lf
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 224
Merit: 100


View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 12:15:11 AM
 #976

hey guys! I do not understand why this coin is not yet a absolute favorite?
I see that she is developing quite actively. but why do people still mined Monero, and so on?
The pool is bad  and  we need something to support the price.
I don't understand you comment.
what pool is bad?
and what do pools have to do with supporting the price of the coin? other than given the smaller miners the ability to mine?

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
joewills
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 182
Merit: 100


View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:18:52 AM
 #977

hey guys! I do not understand why this coin is not yet a absolute favorite?
I see that she is developing quite actively. but why do people still mined Monero, and so on?
The pool is bad  and  we need something to support the price.
I don't understand you comment.
what pool is bad?
and what do pools have to do with supporting the price of the coin? other than given the smaller miners the ability to mine?
Some miner think extrempool is the biggest pool of XDN,so we mining  XDN in e-pool.
But we realize extrempool can't afford us coin right now with mining.Even though Extrempool can't afford me the coin which I have.
So many miner think the coin is a shit coin and they chose to mine XMR,ACN and other coin.
Do you understand?

Please remember U have not afford me 3,700,000 XDN in June 29.
This is my address :

dddT2BxKT12Fo3bwSrxYDbAr6Le1cptxk85gGnm7bj5uTuWxArrLve3241V1kyiH35KdW7xbaGc5E5i SuGPMGUkg1RRk7kF5Z


In the last,give me a explication .
Why the hast rate of extempool often is more than  the hast rate of all network?

What a shit pool. waht a shit man.
joewills
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 182
Merit: 100


View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:24:53 AM
 #978

The hast rate come back  490.09 KH/sec.
I'm pleasure.
33zer0w0lf
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 224
Merit: 100


View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 01:33:03 AM
 #979

hey guys! I do not understand why this coin is not yet a absolute favorite?
I see that she is developing quite actively. but why do people still mined Monero, and so on?
The pool is bad  and  we need something to support the price.
I don't understand you comment.
what pool is bad?
and what do pools have to do with supporting the price of the coin? other than given the smaller miners the ability to mine?
Some miner think extrempool is the biggest pool of XDN,so we mining  XDN in e-pool.
But we realize extrempool can't afford us coin right now with mining.Even though Extrempool can't afford me the coin which I have.
So many miner think the coin is a shit coin and they chose to mine XMR,ACN and other coin.
Do you understand?

Please remember U have not afford me 3,700,000 XDN in June 29.
This is my address :

dddT2BxKT12Fo3bwSrxYDbAr6Le1cptxk85gGnm7bj5uTuWxArrLve3241V1kyiH35KdW7xbaGc5E5i SuGPMGUkg1RRk7kF5Z


In the last,give me a explication .
Why the hast rate of extempool often is more than  the hast rate of all network?

What a shit pool. waht a shit man.
if afford is another word for paid, then you are incorrect all payments are working just fine, ask any of the 77 people mining there.
 Total Paid: 28664250.00000000 XDN
I show that is the total amount I have paid you. You have a small pending balance.

As for the rest of your comments I can't understand what your saying.  Miners can choose to mine whatever coin they wish.

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
MoneroMooo
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001


View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:47:54 AM
 #980

In the last,give me a explication .
Why the hast rate of extempool often is more than  the hast rate of all network?

The hash rate of the network is in fact NOT the hash rate of the network. It is an estimation of what the hash rate of the network should be in order to keep blocks coming at an average of 1 every 4 minutes. After looking at that hash rate over days, it seems to have a fair amount of hysteresis, so will wobble around as actual network hash rate (which is unknown at any point in time) varies. If a pool has the vast majority of the network hash rate, this will cause that pool's hash rate (which it knows) to sometimes be above the estimated (from difficulty, itself a function of recent past block times) network hash rate.

If you try any other pool, this effect will be the same, but you will not notice it if the pool is a lot smaller (like mine, for instance, hovering at 4 or 5 kH/s currently), because the values are so different.

By the way, this effect, if what I described is real, causes the pool's "luck" factor to give me really lucky blocks (eg, my pool found a block at 1469% luck recently) when that hysteresis causes the difficulty to go keep going up when the actual network hash rate starts going down. So it's all a bit inexact/approximate.

(OK, the 1469% is mostly down to actual luck, but I'm pretty sure the hysteresis effect also plays a role).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!