Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:03:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will people feel comfortable using BTC ?  (Read 12174 times)
Averim

Activity: 515
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:25:04 PM

When will people spend BTC as easily as fiat , not seeing it as an investment opportunity but a better currency for them to use ? Most of my friends that I have currently told about Bitcoin are most intrigued by its rapid rate of growth and not its outstanding features as a currency. They don't really care that it is free from government control , but are more focused on the fact that it has risen xy%

I don't really spend much of my Bitcoin , because I am always in fear.
I am not talking about cashing out , but for digital goods.

How do you spend 10 mBTC on a 5$ digital good when you believe that the same 10mBTC is worth atleast 15$ , probably more.
How much of your Bitcoin have you hoarded , and how much have you really spent ?
I am under the impression that people tend to hoard more with BTC than with fiat , considering it an investment more than a currency

I don't know how to make a poll here , so :- http://strawpoll.me/1793917
This is not referring to your blockchain.info statistic , which includes money you have moved around. I am looking at money you have truly spent vs total amount of BTC you have received.

Overall , I'm trying to look at how much my guess is true by the poll and your estimates of when majority of people will start looking at BTC as a currency.

EDIT : I'm not sure this is the right section , tell me if this should go in General Discussion or so.
you are right, the cryptocurrency are more an investment tool. Regarding your question people was happy when in the last winter, almost after a warm night they earned 10 000 $ doing nothing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
techbill

Activity: 65
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:28:54 PM

I don't think that point will come anytime soon. The majority of public will consider it as an investment, so I don't think we will reach that point where they will spend it in their everyday life.
PHPSELLER

Activity: 318
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:08:44 PM

Feeling comfortable when using BTC is hard, because the price always fluctuates so people didn't know if they will make a profit or not in the next days. I am sure that everyone of us wants that bitcoin value increase all the days to make a good profit later, few of the people they want that bitcoin price will decrease a lot to be able to buy bitcoin with cheap price and make a good investment, There are a lot of different opinions of people and it's hard to be always comfortable when we talk about the crypto field.
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:47:24 PM

I think it will take time for the people to get comfortable using bitcoin since this is something new and when you talk about its deep core mostly people don’t understand it but I think this is something we dont need to worry. Adjustments is always there whenever something new is introduced so lets just take our time.. Slowly but Surely.
Batask

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:08:02 AM

I think it will take time for the people to get comfortable using bitcoin since this is something new and when you talk about its deep core mostly people don’t understand it but I think this is something we dont need to worry. Adjustments is always there whenever something new is introduced so lets just take our time.. Slowly but Surely.

For those beginners who join in bitcoin, Maybe I think they need some time to get comfortable since they are new here in bitcoin, but for me I'm comfortable of bitcoin because i can assumple what bitcoin movements will do, though not all my assumption success sometimes it failed but most of it are success.
Tukmol29

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:30:17 AM

everyone would be comfortable using bitcoin of course that is when everyone can accept the existence of bitcoin to serve as a transaction tool. I say that because I do not think everyone can accept the existence of bitcoin because I do not think everyone can fully understand the world of crypto so they will think more about using fiat currencies as in general.

Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:36:21 AM

For those beginners who join in bitcoin, Maybe I think they need some time to get comfortable since they are new here in bitcoin, but for me I'm comfortable of bitcoin because i can assumple what bitcoin movements will do, though not all my assumption success sometimes it failed but most of it are success.

For me Bitcoin is not of the most comfortable crypto currency to use since you don't need to do anything really on Bitcoin, you just invest wen it dumps or you just wait until the price pumps when you can sell. Other crypto currencies requires your knowledge in the market since some you just buy for some time and then you trade it when the time is right.
wolffy0216

Activity: 120

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:19:19 AM

I think this can probably go in the main forum IMO.

I think the price fluctuations either way could be a big problem. Why would you spend money today when it could be worth a lot more tomorrow, and why would you spend money today if it's worth less than it was yesterday?
This is an important issues to note. Price fluctuations will surely make it difficult to use Bitcoin in our daily lives. It will be like that economy that is very unstable and has low value which causes prices to constantly decrease and increase in matter of seconds. I think for BTC to be used in our daily lives it has to gain more stability.

This important issues may never been resolve because we cannot really force the price to become stable, so the best thing to do is study the flow and and its trends so that more of us can understand the flow of crytocurrencies.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
burnchan

Activity: 240

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:22:53 AM

When will people spend BTC as easily as fiat , not seeing it as an investment opportunity but a better currency for them to use ? Most of my friends that I have currently told about Bitcoin are most intrigued by its rapid rate of growth and not its outstanding features as a currency. They don't really care that it is free from government control , but are more focused on the fact that it has risen xy%

How do you spend 10 mBTC on a 5$ digital good when you believe that the same 10mBTC is worth atleast 15$ , probably more.
How much of your Bitcoin have you hoarded , and how much have you really spent ?
I am under the impression that people tend to hoard more with BTC than with fiat , considering it an investment more than a currency

This is not referring to your blockchain.info statistic , which includes money you have moved around. I am looking at money you have truly spent vs total amount of BTC you have received.

Overall , I'm trying to look at how much my guess is true by the poll and your estimates of when majority of people will start looking at BTC as a currency.

EDIT : I'm not sure this is the right section , tell me if this should go in General Discussion or so.

People will embrace Bitcoin if it will be fully supported by the government. in that case, all the establishments will accept Bitcoin as payment. However, some of the government have a great resistance to Bitcoin because of some issues like price fluctuation and the use of Bitcoin to illegal transactions.
sicnarfwb

Activity: 116

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:28:58 AM

I feel comfortable using my BITCOIN BTC, since i started playing online games, some online games already adopted the payment of BITCOIN BTC thats why i used this as my business for top up games. Heres the catch, online games mostly required credit card, e-payment, banking payment, and some accepted BITCOIN as payment, thats why in South East Asia Countries majority dont have credit card, e-payment, banking payment system which they only relay-on offline payment or mobile load payment so i used there load payment or sending smart money in my account which i used to convert cash to BITCOIN with an ineterest so may BITCOIN wallet always rising.. Im comfortable using BITCOIN in may business transaction which give profit and holding the coin until im satisfied in the market value and convert it for cash for good.
udana123

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 02:41:24 AM

I think most of the people still do not have an idea about cryptocurrencies. Even though the knowledge about new technologies spread rapidly but the group of people who acquire that knowledge is very low. I think that is the main reason why cryptocurrencies specially the BTCs are not still accepted as a regular currency. One day that  there will be a majority of people who knows about BTCs and willing to pay with them, and it will be the beginning of the real cryptocurrency era.
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:38:40 PM

Holder, investor, the trader will feel comfortable if we can use the bitcoin worldwide or maybe the regulation about the crypto is good news to use. For myself, I can feel comfortable when I gain more experience, knowledge, and of course an income and when I notice that something improves to myself. But mostly on us, are comfortable if gain profit for our hard work. Some others people they feel comfortable when they get out of the comfort zone.
Rakesh_alejandro

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:10:06 PM

I think,people will feel comfortable when they're using their bitcoins freely anywhere,anytime,they can pay anything what they want to buy even at the mall restaurants,fast foods chains and a lot more. We know,that it is really difficult to happen,but who knows,one day,bitcoin will be legalized in many countries.

I think There's no way everyone will use bitcoin until FIAT exists and It's virtual currency so maybe only people from 18 to 65 will feel comfortable to use it and older people can not switch we need a new generation for this.
When Bitcoin will make big strides to the market, as more markets will receive bitcoin as soon as possible. It will be accepted by the world. But it will not replace FIAT anytime soon, at least for another 20-30 years.
nickwen

Activity: 261
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:14:51 PM

I believe the answer to your question would be when the big supermarkets accept some form of btc for their goods.
Not only supermarkets, clothing stores, and electronics stores can also use bitcoin as a form of payment like cash. Those are our wishes when the government accepts bitcoin
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1130

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:34:24 PM

Holder, investor, the trader will feel comfortable if we can use the bitcoin worldwide or maybe the regulation about the crypto is good news to use. For myself, I can feel comfortable when I gain more experience, knowledge, and of course an income and when I notice that something improves to myself. But mostly on us, are comfortable if gain profit for our hard work. Some others people they feel comfortable when they get out of the comfort zone.
Getting out of your comfort zone wont really be nice anymore. Who would be the one doest like for bitcoin to be used or applied on our daily living? None for sure but coming into this point would really took long time or even doesnt come to a point on where its already being generally adapted when it comes to traditional transactions in our daily living yet fiat currency is already there which is centralized ones and decentralized things wont really have the space for that matter.

Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:39:50 PM

I believe the answer to your question would be when the big supermarkets accept some form of btc for their goods.

Yes it was a good example, i think that people are already comfortable on using cryptocurrency or bitcoins, there are huge companies and business such as amazon that are allowing a cryptocurrency payment method in their business so i think that bitcoins is safe for everyone to use.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:04:03 PM

I think I take bitcoin in a very different way. I don't think of it as an investment or a currency instead it's just a shopping method for me. even if I exchange money at somewhere still I feel like I pay some extra bucks as shipping charges. Its almost the same as all the other payment method but with bitcoin, I am free in many ways. all it matters is I like using it a lot and I don't care if the money going up or down. I will still spend bitcoins as usual.
MinMan

Activity: 608
Merit: 154

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:16:12 AM

everyone would be comfortable using bitcoin of course that is when everyone can accept the existence of bitcoin to serve as a transaction tool. I say that because I do not think everyone can accept the existence of bitcoin because I do not think everyone can fully understand the world of crypto so they will think more about using fiat currencies as in general.

That’s cool if you made great predictions with bitcoin and we are sure that bitcoin is going to boom again by the coming months. I feel really happy when see people still believing into bitcoin and not going against it because of some decrease in its value or more precisely because of the hard times of bitcoin. Only our support can take bitcoin out of this decrease in values. Keep supporting bitcoin!
ngano ba

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:33:19 AM

That’s cool if you made great predictions with bitcoin and we are sure that bitcoin is going to boom again by the coming months. I feel really happy when see people still believing into bitcoin and not going against it because of some decrease in its value or more precisely because of the hard times of bitcoin. Only our support can take bitcoin out of this decrease in values. Keep supporting bitcoin!

People then will be comfortable when bitcoin will be recognized and accepted by the different sectors ,like business , the government , the finances sectors , that bitcoin will be a part of the the economy and part of our daily living, that when you want to use your bitcoin, it will be accepted easily and thats comfort.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:45:43 AM

Assuming that supermarkets start to accept bitcoin as an alternative payment for their products, they must first solve the problem about the transaction speed with regards to the payment.
Every time you transact using your bitcoins, each spends relatively 8-10 minutes per transaction which makes it timely for most individuals, resulting to clogged and long lines. Next, when businesses use bitcoin as an alternative payment, every transaction also includes a fee for miners which again, is costly for the side of the business. Lastly, the volatile price of bitcoin can be a boon or a bane to the business and to the consumer as bitcoin does not have a stable price to begin with.

I doubt that supermarkets will accept bitcoin as an alternative payment soon but once the aforementioned problems have been solved, then large supermarkets and other services as well may come into the picture and accept it as an alternative payment.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: