Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:19:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRE] GreenCoin | On Bittrex now!  (Read 83604 times)
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:08:46 AM

Thanks for the helpful replies. Is this the same greencoin mentioned in this article? http://www.greenbankcapitalinc.com/press-releases/greenbank-acquires-greencoin-cryptocurrency-software/

No.....that's something different.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackfruit

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:12:15 AM

Thanks for the helpful replies. Is this the same greencoin mentioned in this article? http://www.greenbankcapitalinc.com/press-releases/greenbank-acquires-greencoin-cryptocurrency-software/

No.....that's something different.

Thanks  Wink
jackfruit

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:35:21 PM

Another question, is there a address for the foundation's GRE funds?
ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:10:26 PM

Yes, and it is mentioned in the OP.

The coins for those payoffs come from GreenCoin's splitting algorithm, which sends 50% of every block to a central address, GZdib7W1cxd2VaEfYAw4ppe6dXhkhbScE2, which is then sent automatically to verified renewable energy producers at the end of each business day.

Note that this address is found in every coinbase transaction, and is hard coded into the source.
jackfruit

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:13:16 PM

Yes, and it is mentioned in the OP.

The coins for those payoffs come from GreenCoin's splitting algorithm, which sends 50% of every block to a central address, GZdib7W1cxd2VaEfYAw4ppe6dXhkhbScE2, which is then sent automatically to verified renewable energy producers at the end of each business day.

Note that this address is found in every coinbase transaction, and is hard coded into the source.

Thanks!
biodieselchris

Activity: 579
Merit: 500

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 05:06:59 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 05:47:03 AM by biodieselchris

Windows wallet:

If you download and it doesn't sync:
-- Close the client
-- Copy the code from the OP (in the box labeled "coin.conf") but put it in a file named "greencoin.conf" in this folder:
C:\User\[YOU]\AppData\Roaming\GreenCoin

-- delete blocks and chainstate folders, and peers.dat
-- Reopen the client

I got this to work on Windows 7 and 8

DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 12:22:51 AM

Hey there,

I'm the lead developer of GreenCoin. The investors backing GRE are interested in purchasing your coin so that we can change our name to Carbon Coin.

Please contact me regarding the matter.

Thank you.

Ncsupanda,

With the greatest respect I had already been active on the Carboncoin for about 4 months when Biodieselchris decided to get you to throw up Greencoin in July, very largely using the same rhetoric I originally posted on the thread I started, which he actually posted on calling us worthless, before you come back to me with anything about the originality of your idea...

wow - MC of $12k. Totally worthless.

@Chris that's about where you are now isn't it?

Carboncoin is still very much a going concern with an active community, as it was long before your project started. I am actually trying to help the environment with what we are doing here - we have had only very modest backing at this stage, and have achieved what we have as me working full time for 6 months on no income with a lot of help from the community, because we believe in what we are doing and believe we might be able to have a positive impact on the problem of soaring carbon emissions.

Anyone wishing to support us or invest should send me a personal message and I will initiate direct contact with them. Alternatively you can visit our website carboncoin.cc and forum carboncointalk.org to find out more about joining the movement.

The existence of Greencoin does absolutely nothing to help me, my project/community or, to my mind, the environment (if you would like me to highlight some of the flaws in your model from an environmental perspective then please let me know) ; the fact that you would send me a personal message to ask to purchase the name of our active cryptocurrency and environmental project, Carboncoin, is frankly outrageous (if not somewhat delusional) and irritating to the point where it has actually caused me to venture onto your thread for the first time, in spite of having been well aware of what you've been doing since your and Chris' launch 2 months ago.

If your investors wish to have some exposure to Carboncoin without helping with infrastructure you might refer them to our online media presence or any of the several exchanges we are listed on.

You are welcome to come and help with what we are trying to do here at any point. It strikes me that having someone with your energy active over here would be of great value to our environmental objectives. I am totally open to a collaboration, but it is Carboncoin as it is now and shall continue, and the structure that I have designed and implemented personally, which will have the impact needed by everyone on the environment.

AM

This guy is a complete buffoon.  Carboncoin is a scam that has no intention of helping anything.  Axis thinks photoshopped pictures count as proof.  Do your own thing and nothing with carbon coin.

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha
biodieselchris

Activity: 579

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 06:00:14 AM

Producers and owners: GreenCoin grows by telling your friends. The website is up and live. It isn't really visually wonderful yet but it does have a good backend that services the coin well. It does what it needs to for right now: allows users to sign up their renewable system and get paid free coins. It has been paying out every day for over 100 days. GreenCoin operates under a very simple mechanistic premise:
1) sign up your renewable system
2) get verified
3) bank free coins

Check out the network page, we've offset 9,451 kg CO2 by paying out 143.06M greencoins to renewable producers.

Allcoin's last is 12 satoshis, and bitcoin's last is $427, so that's 286 M GRE * 12 * 1e-8 * 427 = $14,600 at these current prices, which is the market cap of GreenCoin. But GreenCoin isn't just a coin, it's a commodity-backed asset and dividing the market cap by 9,451.7 kg CO2 = $1.55 per kg CO2. The total value number ($15k) is obviously small potatoes on a global scale but the per kg CO2 is not, and is actually pretty interesting. This type of value provides for $0.75 per kWh of PV solar generated (481 g CO2 offset per kWh) and a whooping $11 for a gallon of biofuel (~7 kg CO2 offset per gallon for biodiesel versus petrodiesel). Do you think biofuel producers would struggle against petroleum if they had an $11 dollar incentive ON TOP of their usual and customary sales revenue? Granted, the coin is very small and relatively unknown and the prices above could very well be more associated with general speculation around what may become of it, but that's interesting in itself; that a newly created asset can price BOTH the future value of it's impact as well as it's current base value (in this case in carbon offset). And this is the real value in my opinion, the coup de grace of a market based carbon offset system in one sentence: Governments price carbon at its face value and GreenCoin prices it at its social value. Why is the latter so important? Because we have no chance of reigning in the problem given the current price of carbon and the lack of a global authority to enforce it. Changes will not occur fast enough. We need to hit 2050 emission targets by 2022 and 2100 targets by 2030. Our current efforts (read: lack thereof) will not get us there. In fact, they are not even close. If we want to change the direction we must develop and utilize a mechanism of pricing and trading the value of the problem with each other.

sigwo

Activity: 656

Go Jupiter!

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 04:21:32 AM

Has this coin gone merged mining yet? I would like to add it to my pool.
ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:27:53 PM

I'm excited to say that we finished the stratum for Merged Mining last night. Here it is, straight from Ahmed, the king of Stratum:

https://github.com/ahmedbodi/p2pool-gre

We will be working to finish all of the setup on our own P2Pool tonight, and all of the merged mining changes have been pushed. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
sigwo

Go Jupiter!

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 06:41:40 AM

I'm excited to say that we finished the stratum for Merged Mining last night. Here it is, straight from Ahmed, the king of Stratum:

We will be working to finish all of the setup on our own P2Pool tonight, and all of the merged mining changes have been pushed. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
So Greencoin is able to be added to merged mining pools now? If so, that's great!
ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:35:48 AM

So Greencoin is able to be added to merged mining pools now? If so, that's great!

It can be, yes. We are right now working with our pool operators to make a quick switch over to P2Pool (since that's what you need for MM) and should have that done within a day or so. At that point, some of the larger P2Pools, such as those for Doge and LTC can work with us to merged mine as well.
sigwo

Go Jupiter!

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 02:03:27 PM

It can be, yes. We are right now working with our pool operators to make a quick switch over to P2Pool (since that's what you need for MM) and should have that done within a day or so. At that point, some of the larger P2Pools, such as those for Doge and LTC can work with us to merged mine as well.

I already have a merged mining pool with 5 other merged coins. I have greencoin loaded, but it does not sync. I'm assuming there are no dnsseed nodes, so is there a list of known good nodes? As soon as I get this, I'll add greencoin to my pool and you will also be able to mine:

Rubycoin (main coin for now, they are about to go PoS, Potcoin is probably the next main coin)
Dogecoin
Syscoin
Umbrella-LTC
Pesetacoin
Tacocoin

7 coins for the price of one! If the community supports the pool, and it is decided as a community that Litecoin is wanted as the main coin, I will make the coin switch.

Check out the server at http://sigwo.x64.me. You may get a warning because I'm using a DNS redirection service. If you want to bypass the dns service, use http://bemining.net (but the site icons will look funny)

If you have any questions, the best way to get a hold of me is via email, not the PM system here. steven@bemining.net
ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:25:11 PM

I already have a merged mining pool with 5 other merged coins. I have greencoin loaded, but it does not sync. I'm assuming there are no dnsseed nodes, so is there a list of known good nodes? As soon as I get this, I'll add greencoin to my pool and you will also be able to mine:

Rubycoin (main coin for now, they are about to go PoS, Potcoin is probably the next main coin)
Dogecoin
Syscoin
Umbrella-LTC
Pesetacoin
Tacocoin

7 coins for the price of one! If the community supports the pool, and it is decided as a community that Litecoin is wanted as the main coin, I will make the coin switch.

Check out the server at http://sigwo.x64.me. You may get a warning because I'm using a DNS redirection service. If you want to bypass the dns service, use http://bemining.net (but the site icons will look funny)

If you have any questions, the best way to get a hold of me is via email, not the PM system here. steven@bemining.net

GreenCoin won't sync yet - we haven't updated all of our pools and so nobody has switched to the new wallet yet. I'm expecting that to happen tonight.

I'll get you a list of nodes ASAP. We will also be pushing some dnsseeds, and I'll inform everyone of when those changes have been pushed.
ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:02:30 AM

Please note that the GRE network is seemingly down until our pools are all synced and ready. Thanks all.
sigwo

Go Jupiter!

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 01:58:25 PM

http://sigwo.x64.me is ready when you give the word.

EDIT: Greencoin will roll out at 1030 EST today. The front end is ready to input your greencoin addresses for payout. Visit the site today!
Freenhult

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

★ BitClave ICO. Join NOW ★

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:07:38 PM

http://sigwo.x64.me is ready when you give the word.

EDIT: Greencoin will roll out at 1030 EST today. The front end is ready to input your greencoin addresses for payout. Visit the site today!

Were you able to get P2Pool up and running? I'm seemingly stuck on random errors :/

Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:18:40 PM

My wallet has been saying 'No block source available' for more than two days. It's stuck at block 148599. Do I need to update the wallet, and if so from where?

ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:42:54 PM

My wallet has been saying 'No block source available' for more than two days. It's stuck at block 148599. Do I need to update the wallet, and if so from where?

Please do a getinfo and give me the version, please.
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:41:46 PM

Please do a getinfo and give me the version, please.
Version 80602

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: