Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:20:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 [386] 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 ... 953 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CLOAK] Cloakcoin | No Premine | X13 | Decentralized Market and PoSA  (Read 1266168 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nyktalgia

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:36:18 AM

Yea I fucked myself with this coin, i panic' sold way to earlier, then somebody told me it was going to .002 so i bought in again at the worst fucking time... now Im in the hole at least 2 BTC, when I should be up around 3-4 BTC on this coin......... FUCK MAN This is starting to make me nervous.............

I am no expert investor, but if you buy for a reason like "someone told me it was going to 0.002", you probably should rethink your investment strategies.  But anyway, 2 BTC is not a life changing loss.  It may go up from here, it may go down, but just try to learn a lesson.  I could tell you it's going back up to 0.0012, but I have no way of knowing this, so I won't say it.  I hope it does, but we will see.

Ya man I was emotional cuz it went double and I lost out on HUGE profits, then I was like its too late to buy in now, but I panic'd again and fucked myself....   Im sick of having these hard lessons costing me thousands of dollars though...  This is pretty much all I have Sad   Everytime I'm about to make huge profits I end up breaking even or losing my ass......  I  was gonna sell out at 12 because I saw the decline, but I hesitated.  Lot of bad moves on my part, but I'm just hoping to break even at the moment.  I could have made so much money by now if I just did what I knew i was supposesd to... ugh... shitty ass lesson.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cloak1

Activity: 623
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:41:05 AM

Whenever I click "Verify APIs", the wallet crashes! Now even worse, it crashes whenever I click the tab "CloakTrade".

Any solution to this?

I am using 1.9.6 wallet BTW

I think I know why this is occurring, out of curiosity do you have a firewall active or did you prevent any outgoing connections from the app? I have since fixed a crashing bug related to 'non-data' coming in from Bittrex.  So this will be fixed in the next update.  This can happen if a connection failed to Bittrex for example.  Expect the fix to come out probably right after PoSA, but Cloaktrade does work otherwise.

my computer FW is disabled but it's behind company's FW though. However, my brother is having exact same problem with PC at home with FW disabled.
1,Scan computer with your AV and online AV.2.Clean computer with Ccleaner.3.Reinstall wallet
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:48:11 AM

Hey guys just checking in here as i bought some Cloak a week ago since i figured that it was not smart to have all my eggs in a drk basket (risk management etc).

Quick q: Is PoSA live yet? If so, why is price declining. If no, why not?

I checked their twitter and it seems posa is live?
mrrgnome

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:50:08 AM

Yea I fucked myself with this coin, i panic' sold way to earlier, then somebody told me it was going to .002 so i bought in again at the worst fucking time... now Im in the hole at least 2 BTC, when I should be up around 3-4 BTC on this coin......... FUCK MAN This is starting to make me nervous.............

It's cool man. CoolStoryTeller and all the other butthurts in this thread will bring the price back down so you can buy in again if you want.

Don't listen to Kitaco/ocatocat/tacoFUD. She is just running you around by her own admission:

<ocatocat> Ok so, you're stifling discussion so THEY don't see that kind of discussion?
<MrRGnome> No, I don't think I am stiffling discussion
<MrRGnome> I can see why you feel censroed, but you're clearly acting out. Any tone of reasonability is entirely absent from your text.
<MrRGnome> It's fine now, but it wasn't before
<MrRGnome> it isn't often
<ocatocat> I wasn't in the channel
<ocatocat> cst should've been banned as well
<MrRGnome> Maybe, he did get pretty damn butthurt
<MrRGnome> but you were having a go at him
<ocatocat> But, everyone targeted me. Of course Smiley
<MrRGnome> you know you love running him around
<ocatocat> Yep, just him.
<MrRGnome> Of course they did! you're as subtle as a cow in heat
<ocatocat> Nah, they were all butthurt!
<MrRGnome> Yeah, just like me?
<ocatocat> Just like you
<ocatocat> I saw it
<ocatocat> You even wanted my bot banned!
<ocatocat> And said I'd be back!
<MrRGnome> I am pretty butthurt, I've been having trouble pooping.
<MrRGnome> little bit of spotting, I don't like to see that. Needs more fiber
<ocatocat> Oh that wont be good for your investors
<MrRGnome> Yeah, well you are all over bct crying
<ocatocat> You'll need fiber, prep h, and bleach
<MrRGnome> so you are back
<ocatocat> Nah I'm not back
<ocatocat> And I'm not crying. I'm making others look like fools and wasting their time on a boring sunday night
<MrRGnome> I don't feel like I'm wasting my time any more than you do
<MrRGnome> I'm having fun, I've got archer going on, my wife is beside me cruising around minecraft. Life is good
<MrRGnome> That and you are fun to watch, if nothing else.
<ocatocat> I just keep CST going Cheesy
x11joe

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:50:44 AM

I'm not the developer working on the PoSA side of things, so for those wondering, the other Dev is working on it, its in the testing phase now.

So I'm working on the OneMarket Interface right now and just realized that we need some community guidelines for this.

So I need the community to come together and come up with a general list of rules for what listings we decide are acceptable and which are not.  Ultimately, the reviewers will decide, but they would be wise to follow the guidelines since most the other reviewers would.

I'll put some sample guidelines, so people don't wonder why their listing was not accepted.

OneMarket does include Trustless Escrow, but this will not help for bigger purchases like cars, as putting down double money for the seller and buyer is impractical here.  Therefore, for bigger purchases someone will need to take up the charge for creating OneMarkets first Escrow Service to facilitate transactions for buyers and sellers.  Good business opportunity here for someone, whoever wants to start working on that website Wink.

::Community Guidelines::

Items with a * are subject to interpretation by the reviewer and considered risky listings to attempt to get on the network and you will need to supply evidence to prove your claim that your listing is legal where you reside.

- No Violence (This is NEVER accepted)
- No Illegal Drugs* (Again, legal in certain locations, marijuana in Colorado, USA for example)
- No Prostitution* (Certain locations this is legal, Nevada, USA for example)
- No Illegal Weapons* (Buying certain types of firearms might be legal, Texas, USA for example)

This is what I could think off very shortly off the top of my head.  Please feel free to add to this.  I'll edit this thread with suggestions.
YackBallz

Activity: 236
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:53:36 AM

Whenever I click "Verify APIs", the wallet crashes! Now even worse, it crashes whenever I click the tab "CloakTrade".

Any solution to this?

I think I know why this is occurring, out of curiosity do you have a firewall active or did you prevent any outgoing connections from the app? I have since fixed a crashing bug related to 'non-data' coming in from Bittrex.  So this will be fixed in the next update.  This can happen if a connection failed to Bittrex for example.  Expect the fix to come out probably right after PoSA, but Cloaktrade does work otherwise.

my computer FW is disabled but it's behind company's FW though. However, my brother is having exact same problem with PC at home with FW disabled.
1,Scan computer with your AV and online AV.2.Clean computer with Ccleaner.3.Reinstall wallet

I had this problem and fixed it. Do the following:
1. Go to the folder where your wallet exe file is located and delete the keys file (This will stop your wallet from crashing when you click the CloakTrade tab)
2. Go to Bittrex, login, and go to the API page
3. Copy the API key
4. Open notepad and paste it
5. Delete the extra space that cutting and pasting creates (The extra space is what is causing your wallet to crash)
6. Cut the remaining key from your notepad and paste it in your wallet's api key field
7. Repeat steps 3-6 for your secret key, pasting the secret key in your wallet's secret key field
8. Verify API
9. Witness the power of CloakTrade
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:59:07 AM

Have the devs stated an approximate date for onemarket to be released?

It'd actually be smart for the devs to sort of stagger the release of each sort of close to one another... release posa when onemarket is about a week away. That way you get a bounce from posa, plus a general build-up in price during the wait until onemarket is released. It's sort of like how dark did their rc releases, but without the dropoff in price in-between waits.

Although those drop-offs, like now, do serve a purpose too, for those who sell at a high, buy back in low, wait for next rise... repeat.
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:59:54 AM

same here, the nervous part
i just want the attention of the devs, just hurry up on this POSA thing and make it HACK PROOF
sorry guys for the negative posts

i do trade with emotions. cant help it.

No worries man. Just next time you decide to make a gigantic red text post. Take a step back from your rig smoke a ciggy and then come back and you'll be ok. xD Negative posts unless backed up by valid proof have no place in any intelligent discussion. At the end of the day you might scare off one or two investors because they see the negativity in the thread and move their money elsewhere. But for the most part you're just hurting yourself because a lot of people will put you on ignore.. Then when you have a legitimate problem there will be less people there to help you out.

As far as I can tell the devs are using test driven development. This method of coding takes a bit longer but results in less bugs overall. The time factor isn't to much of an issue unless you're just looking for a quick profit. Personally I'd prefer some delays and have a rock solid product then something that was rushed because of investor pressure.

Best of luck.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
YackBallz

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:02:39 AM

Your guidelines have just removed all silk road (etc.) users from ever using OneMarket, severely hurting it in the long run. Why else would you need such anonymity? To buy a car? Really? You didn't technically say no stolen vehicles. At that point, you might as well just use Bitcoin and the services already out there.

First you cried about the government coming after OneMarket users if they do illegal things, now you're crying that illegal things are all that's good about OneMarket.
Lucif3r

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:05:32 AM

Any solution to this?

I had this problem and fixed it. Do the following:
1. Go to the folder where your wallet exe file is located and delete the keys file (This will stop your wallet from crashing when you click the CloakTrade tab)
2. Go to Bittrex, login, and go to the API page
3. Copy the API key
4. Open notepad and paste it
5. Delete the extra space that cutting and pasting creates (The extra space is what is causing your wallet to crash)
6. Cut the remaining key from your notepad and paste it in your wallet's api key field
7. Repeat steps 3-6 for your secret key, pasting the secret key in your wallet's secret key field
8. Verify API
9. Witness the power of CloakTrade

Thank you genius!

Next wallet update should take care of this whitespace problem

DoubleEagle Coin - Only 100 XDE - Get your free XDE now!
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:05:42 AM

I am no expert investor, but if you buy for a reason like "someone told me it was going to 0.002", you probably should rethink your investment strategies.  But anyway, 2 BTC is not a life changing loss.  It may go up from here, it may go down, but just try to learn a lesson.  I could tell you it's going back up to 0.0012, but I have no way of knowing this, so I won't say it.  I hope it does, but we will see.

Ya man I was emotional cuz it went double and I lost out on HUGE profits, then I was like its too late to buy in now, but I panic'd again and fucked myself....   Im sick of having these hard lessons costing me thousands of dollars though...  This is pretty much all I have Sad   Everytime I'm about to make huge profits I end up breaking even or losing my ass......  I  was gonna sell out at 12 because I saw the decline, but I hesitated.  Lot of bad moves on my part, but I'm just hoping to break even at the moment.  I could have made so much money by now if I just did what I knew i was supposesd to... ugh... shitty ass lesson.
Hey man, I feel your pain. When I started out I had 4 btc and promptly lost 2. I didn't have much money so this was horrible. The key to the game is not to listen to anyone saying get in this, or get out of this. You must make decisions based off of sound reasoning. The ones who yell loudest are just the shepards wrangling the sheep to slaughter. Fear is no way to make a decision. If you believe in a coin, let your conviction be the guide. If you start to doubt a coin, rethink your strategy. If a coin is down, re-access the situation. If it's like cloak, then it's probably a lot of people cashing out who bought when it was .0002. All in all, I made the majority of my money by riding two huge trains. i caught both when they were cheap. Look out for the new coins and check out what they have to offer. Look at the coin specs. A lot of coins or a little. POS POW. Look at the devs and what they aim to accomplish. I have made and lost money chasing. I guarentee you though, if you buy in early and hold, you will have an easier time. Now I don't mean when a coin hits mintpal, but before. There are so many rackets that get run to bilk everyon out of money. The latest is now the fud game. Big angry words with false accusations. You want to make money? that's the time to buy. Buy when you ask yourself, why is this so cheap? As Buffet said "be fearful when others are greedy, greedy when others are fearful". The fud of cloak, I added 10 btc worth without trying. Shieldcoin? The fud netted me a shit load at insane prices. I may look foolish now, but check back in two months. Cloak will be banging that .0025 like a hooker on coke looking for .005 for some anal. This game isn't won on the quick swings. Consistency, evaluation and holding. I held drk for 4 months to net a sum of insanity. I would hold your dick in my butt cheeks for 5 years to net that same amount. Crypto is full of hot air and dudes who think they're hotshit on twitter. Simple thing is to not listen to them. They don't know shit. They don't have the artillery to keep a crypto down. They may pump it, but only because they ARE SELLING INTO PEOPLE WHO READ THEIR TWEETS. AGAIN, THEY BUY SOMETIME BEFORE, ACCUMULATING, FOR DAYS, THEN YELL PUMP!!!!!! EVERYONE RUSHES AND BUYS THEIR COINS. All in all, it's your money. Invest it wisely. If I told you to buy a dildo and stick it in your ear, you'd tell me to fuck off. That's exactly what you should be saying to anyone who anonymously tells you to buy or sell. Heck, you'd probably get more out of the dildo in the ear. Sorry for rambling.
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:11:48 AM

+1 ^^^^^

Lucif3r

Activity: 180

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:13:12 AM

I am no expert investor, but if you buy for a reason like "someone told me it was going to 0.002", you probably should rethink your investment strategies.  But anyway, 2 BTC is not a life changing loss.  It may go up from here, it may go down, but just try to learn a lesson.  I could tell you it's going back up to 0.0012, but I have no way of knowing this, so I won't say it.  I hope it does, but we will see.

Ya man I was emotional cuz it went double and I lost out on HUGE profits, then I was like its too late to buy in now, but I panic'd again and fucked myself....   Im sick of having these hard lessons costing me thousands of dollars though...  This is pretty much all I have Sad   Everytime I'm about to make huge profits I end up breaking even or losing my ass......  I  was gonna sell out at 12 because I saw the decline, but I hesitated.  Lot of bad moves on my part, but I'm just hoping to break even at the moment.  I could have made so much money by now if I just did what I knew i was supposesd to... ugh... shitty ass lesson.
Hey man, I feel your pain. When I started out I had 4 btc and promptly lost 2. I didn't have much money so this was horrible. The key to the game is not to listen to anyone saying get in this, or get out of this. You must make decisions based off of sound reasoning. The ones who yell loudest are just the shepards wrangling the sheep to slaughter. Fear is no way to make a decision. If you believe in a coin, let your conviction be the guide. If you start to doubt a coin, rethink your strategy. If a coin is down, re-access the situation. If it's like cloak, then it's probably a lot of people cashing out who bought when it was .0002. All in all, I made the majority of my money by riding two huge trains. i caught both when they were cheap. Look out for the new coins and check out what they have to offer. Look at the coin specs. A lot of coins or a little. POS POW. Look at the devs and what they aim to accomplish. I have made and lost money chasing. I guarentee you though, if you buy in early and hold, you will have an easier time. Now I don't mean when a coin hits mintpal, but before. There are so many rackets that get run to bilk everyon out of money. The latest is now the fud game. Big angry words with false accusations. You want to make money? that's the time to buy. Buy when you ask yourself, why is this so cheap? As Buffet said "be fearful when others are greedy, greedy when others are fearful". The fud of cloak, I added 10 btc worth without trying. Shieldcoin? The fud netted me a shit load at insane prices. I may look foolish now, but check back in two months. Cloak will be banging that .0025 like a hooker on coke looking for .005 for some anal. This game isn't won on the quick swings. Consistency, evaluation and holding. I held drk for 4 months to net a sum of insanity. I would hold your dick in my butt cheeks for 5 years to net that same amount. Crypto is full of hot air and dudes who think they're hotshit on twitter. Simple thing is to not listen to them. They don't know shit. They don't have the artillery to keep a crypto down. They may pump it, but only because they ARE SELLING INTO PEOPLE WHO READ THEIR TWEETS. AGAIN, THEY BUY SOMETIME BEFORE, ACCUMULATING, FOR DAYS, THEN YELL PUMP!!!!!! EVERYONE RUSHES AND BUYS THEIR COINS. All in all, it's your money. Invest it wisely. If I told you to buy a dildo and stick it in your ear, you'd tell me to fuck off. That's exactly what you should be saying to anyone who anonymously tells you to buy or sell. Heck, you'd probably get more out of the dildo in the ear. Sorry for rambling.

+1

DoubleEagle Coin - Only 100 XDE - Get your free XDE now!
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:15:31 AM

the seriously big +1 on this. Trust your judgement and take responsibility. Stay informed. And always ask : Quo Bono ?

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
YackBallz

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:17:57 AM

I was with you until "I may look foolish now, but check back in two months." After that it was all hookers and anal - I think the drugs kicked in Wink
Seio1

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:21:13 AM

Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:25:16 AM

+1

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:30:38 AM

Cloak will be banging that .0025 like a hooker on coke looking for .005 for some anal. This game isn't won on the quick swings. Consistency, evaluation and holding. I held drk for 4 months to net a sum of insanity. I would hold your dick in my butt cheeks for 5 years to net that same amount.

eatenbyagrue

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:34:12 AM

I'm not the developer working on the PoSA side of things, so for those wondering, the other Dev is working on it, its in the testing phase now.

So I'm working on the OneMarket Interface right now and just realized that we need some community guidelines for this.

So I need the community to come together and come up with a general list of rules for what listings we decide are acceptable and which are not.  Ultimately, the reviewers will decide, but they would be wise to follow the guidelines since most the other reviewers would.

I'll put some sample guidelines, so people don't wonder why their listing was not accepted.

OneMarket does include Trustless Escrow, but this will not help for bigger purchases like cars, as putting down double money for the seller and buyer is impractical here.  Therefore, for bigger purchases someone will need to take up the charge for creating OneMarkets first Escrow Service to facilitate transactions for buyers and sellers.  Good business opportunity here for someone, whoever wants to start working on that website Wink.

Items with a * are subject to interpretation by the reviewer and considered risky listings to attempt to get on the network and you will need to supply evidence to prove your claim that your listing is legal where you reside.

- No Illegal Drugs* (Again, legal in certain locations, marijuana in Colorado, USA for example)
- No Illegal Weapons* (Buying certain types of firearms might be legal, Texas, USA for example)

This is what I could think off very shortly off the top of my head.  Please feel free to add to this.  I'll edit this thread with suggestions.

Maybe also a catchall that nothing illegal may be bought or sold.  The last thing you guys want is criminal charges that you helped set up another Silk Road, so the clearer you make it from the start that this is intended to not be that, the better.

But as long as we have your attention, I have some other suggestions.  I read the whitepaper, but it has been a while, so I aoplogize in advanced if any of this is addressed there.  Also I apologize if some of this is impossible due to the nature of anonymous wallets.  But just some ideas.

* do not overlook the value of ratings - buyers should be able to rate their sellers and probably vice versa.  I think this is the strongest assurance ebay buyers have.  To me, this is more valuable than the trustless escrow.  Trustless escrow is good, but the problem is if your run into a difficult person and you guys just can't agree, you both lose your escrow and you both end up losers, and I guess as a buyer it is some consolation knowing the seller lost money too, but it is still not a good situation

* there should be a history of how many successful transactions parties have

Also, I have some questions on the interface.  How will the listings be organized?  Will search work well?  With all of this being decentralized, will there be a lot of lag bringing up listings?

socket

Activity: 259

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:48:59 AM

Maybe also a catchall that nothing illegal may be bought or sold.  The last thing you guys want is criminal charges that you helped set up another Silk Road, so the clearer you make it from the start that this is intended to not be that, the better.

But as long as we have your attention, I have some other suggestions.  I read the whitepaper, but it has been a while, so I aoplogize in advanced if any of this is addressed there.  Also I apologize if some of this is impossible due to the nature of anonymous wallets.  But just some ideas.

* do not overlook the value of ratings - buyers should be able to rate their sellers and probably vice versa.  I think this is the strongest assurance ebay buyers have.  To me, this is more valuable than the trustless escrow.  Trustless escrow is good, but the problem is if your run into a difficult person and you guys just can't agree, you both lose your escrow and you both end up losers, and I guess as a buyer it is some consolation knowing the seller lost money too, but it is still not a good situation

* there should be a history of how many successful transactions parties have

Also, I have some questions on the interface.  How will the listings be organized?  Will search work well?  With all of this being decentralized, will there be a lot of lag bringing up listings?

I think it should be very simple that all listings are policed by the community. Put in a system that removes listings that are flagged by enough wallets with staking balances and have a record of successful market transactions.  At first you put a zero weight on the transactions requirement since no one will have really had successful listings.  As more people use the system and transact successfully you start to increase the weighting of that part of the requirement. You can also use days destroyed on a per wallet bases as well to determine how much weight to give to a wallet on their vote to de-list something on the market.
Pages: « 1 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 [386] 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 ... 953 »
  Print  

Jump to: