Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:25:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 ... 953 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CLOAK] Cloakcoin | No Premine | X13 | Decentralized Market and PoSA  (Read 1266176 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
thcmakaveli

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:37:31 PM

Help community !

My coins has been stolen by a hacker. I have lost 28`184 Cloak coins. It was everything I had. Everything I have worked for during my time in Crypto. I don`t like the idea of asking for donations but I am lost what to do. Any help, financially or otherwise, would be appreciated greatly !

C3dKv42yAG7QdWUhMaTR45yTeW4CRXcWxy
ClutchThese

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:41:07 PM

Help community !

My coins has been stolen by a hacker. I have lost 28`184 Cloak coins. It was everything I had. Everything I have worked for during my time in Crypto. I don`t like the idea of asking for donations but I am lost what to do. Any help, financially or otherwise, would be appreciated greatly !

Bxb4APcJSVdRk5MQ7gACRpdxbDM8j1LHVr

Ya, me too!

Please send help!

Bxb4APcJSVdRk5MQ7gACRpdxbDM8j1LHVr

Signature for Rent - PM if Interested
DutchTrades

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 07:44:31 PM

Help community !

U serious? Or are you raising money for the thcmakaveli-foundation?
thcmakaveli

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:48:16 PM

Help community !

Yes I am serious. I am taking care of the facebook page and I am big supporter of this community you can check my previous posts, cloakcoin facebook page, IRC, and cloaktalk forum .... I feel so bad now ... Everything is gone ... This is my last chance and I hope that some of you guys will consider a small donation. Thanks
DutchTrades

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 07:50:46 PM

Help community !

Yes I am serious. I am taking care of the facebook page and I am big supporter of this community you can check my previous posts, cloakcoin facebook page, IRC, and cloaktalk forum .... I feel so bad now ... Everything is gone ... This is my last chance and I hope that some of you guys will consider a small donation. Thanks

Thats quite sick man.. Where did you keep your cloaks? In your wallet or on an exchange? I'll see what i can do for you!
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:52:51 PM

I'm buying and taking 70k as the new floor, get that posa out and we'll be looking at 160-175k

As for one market i'm not so sure. To be blunt i don't think cloak needs it. By all means a separate application, however i won't be comfortable with a wallet that also allows trading illegal items or services, there are other ways of doing that  Tongue

bulletproof working anon is much more desirable.

Pretty soon, many coins will have bullet-proof working anon. IMHO, One Market gives a compelling reason to use and invest in Cloakcoin.
There are many anon coins. A decentralized market is more than a place to buy items that politicians label as illegal. It's a place where two parties don't need to ask permission to conduct an economic transaction. It offers economic freedom free from censorship of centralized powers. With the OneJury system it won't just become the go to site for drugs, it has the potential to become the site people in countries with centralized economies can break free from the economic control of banks and governments and are free to conduct trade with whomever they choose.
It may not become a libertarian utopia and might just become a new silk road but it has the potential to be much much more. Also with the Onejury system if you aren't comfortable with drugs being listed you can turn down the reviews and if the majority don't want a silk road it won't become a silk road. There's no one person approving or banning a listing, which is what I think will make it great.
Anyway just my 2 cents, back to buying up cheap cloak  Grin

tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:58:12 PM

Help community !

how did you get hacked?
negamus

Activity: 245
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 07:59:22 PM

Help community !

So what happened that you got hacked, did you download something, teamviewer . . ? What was your original address?

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
karkkis

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:12:31 PM

- I Still have a few stupid questions for those just in case scenarios...

What if the listee with bad intentions is prepared? for example He/She/entity owns let's say 25 % of the coins in 15000 staking wallets. Doesn't this mean that his chances of getting 6 out of the 11 review invitations are greatly enhanced ? And if he keeps on pushing and trying, at some stage He will get those 6/11 reviews, and can control the vote?.... Not saying this will happen, and probably plutonium dealers have other sources of selling it than cloak, but who's to say? ( I guess there is nothing to do and that is just the way it is..)

- What about outright bribery ? The listee proposes to pay 1 btc to the reviewers upon proof of voting for his successful cause? etc..

Thanks for your time and effort in answering these bothersome questions..

After a long talk on the IRC channel, I've come to some solutions to this issue.  This will be extremely technical in nature so if someone wants to sum up what I write here in an easy way to explain please do so.  This is a rough draft so if you see any errors point them out and I'll fix it.

Anyone can be a reviewer, they simply broadcast out their public key of their cloak address saying they are a reviewer.  This gets stored in a separate ledger database on everyones computer in the p2p network.  If your broadcast does not appear within 2 hours of your last broadcast your account is removed from the ledger until you broadcast to the network again.  This will prevent bloating of the review ledger and keep only active reviewers.

To prevent spam, listings are required to pay a transaction fee that has to be approved by at least 11 confirmations before a listing is eligible for reviewers to accept.  Since this has to occur anyways, during each of the staking processes, the stakee can elect two* (arbitrary value, will be explained later) random reviewers from the ledger using a basic random function for each listing that needs a review.  :: (Yes this vote could be manipulated, but read on) :: They secure their vote by signing it into the blockchain with their public key and in this way decide what reviewers they want for 'what listing'.  In this way separate reviewers are constantly selected for listings and can be verified to be random by anyone reading the blockchain.  The trick is... a reviewer can NOT be assigned again for the same listing OR by the SAME PERSON STAKING for (Expiration time of the listing calculated by hours worth of blocks).  So if the listing expires in 7 days, each block in Cloakcoin is 60 seconds, that would be 60 blocks an hour multiplied by 24 hours in day for 1440 blocks.  Multiply that by 7 and every 10080 blocks the original Staker will be eligible to vote again.

Reviews are accepted on a first come first serve basis as they populate into their review cue in the client and only active reviewers are being sent reviews so it will be competitive to pick them up quickly.

The following above would be hard to game since you would need to control a massive amount of the stake in cloak to get a chance of getting a manipulated vote in for the reviewer and even then you could only hope to gain '1' vote and your stake vote only counts once every (Expiration time of listing hours worth of blocks).  Your listing would either be disapproved or approved by that point.  Because certain individuals will control stake more often, this is why I believe two* should be chosen at once since some block rounds won't be generating any new reviewers for a listing.  I may need to adjust this number to three or four, we'll have to play around with it.

Doing this makes it impractical to try and game the system and the votes, especially since you can not vote for a reviewer on the same stake more than (Expiration time of the listing calculated by hours worth of blocks) time.

Let me know if this makes any sense and if you have any questions.

EDIT **

I would like to mention that the person who stakes can not vote period again until the expiration time.  If they win stake simply they do not vote, which is why multiple reviewers should be selected at one time by a valid staker.

Apologies to everyone for the long quote, but I think it is a necessity so that new readers understand what this is all about.

Sincere thanks for a quick response and a workable solution. This is getting better all the time. To be honest, I didn't think you could have solved the problem this fast, and so thoroughly !

I have a feeling that you need to setup a "mock" one market to test these concepts in reality, and then publish a good marketing video to youtube about how it works, how it is anonymous, the random votes etc. etc.

Thank you very much. Much appreciated.

igor107th

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:17:03 PM

Help community !

Thats quite sick man.. Where did you keep your cloaks? In your wallet or on an exchange? I'll see what i can do for you!
is that your wallet adres i can sent al litle donation
thcmakaveli

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:22:06 PM

Help community !

The coins were in my wallet, on my computer which is in another country. The hacker somehow accessed  my laptop ( hacked the router in my home maybe ?! ) , then my teamviewer and somehow got my password to unlock the wallet. The wallet was closed and didnt stake. I have never used this password in any other exchanges, wallets, etc. Maybe I got malware on my laptop and he saved my password somehow when I typed it in my Cloakcoin wallet trough Teamviewer...

My address was - CDpu31HAxmMcfcd9JBtYPDBf2cCxnunfmS
thcmakaveli

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:23:34 PM

Help community !

is that your wallet adres i can sent al litle donation

Yes this is my address and one of the devs already donated to me 100 Cloaks, for what I am VERY thankful !
YackBallz

Activity: 236
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:24:13 PM

Vote for the top coin in the category of anonymous technology

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568166.220
igor107th

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:32:43 PM

Vote for the top coin in the category of anonymous technology

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568166.220
100 tho  Wink
igor107th

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:35:02 PM

i lost 3 btc whit torcoin scam lol dont like it hah
i hope dit is not a scam coin  Wink Wink
surgexvb

Activity: 445
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:51:00 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 09:11:27 PM by surgexvb

Help community !

how are you connecting to TeamViewer?  Through an encrypted VPN?  Are you 100% sure your connection through TeamViewer is encrypted?  If you are connected through an unencrypted connection,  like many freeware screen sharing Aps allow, someone can EASILY see everything you are typing, like your password.  does anyone else besides you have physical access to the computer that had your wallet on it?  What operating system did it use? With crypto becoming more popular, hackers are going to be coming up with new clever ways to steal coins.  

Some basic things to remember:
1.)  encrypt, always always encrypt
2.)  encrypt with a password uncommon to any other you use and contains numbers, letters, AND symbols.  A password longer than 8 characters is infinitely hard to bruteforce.
3.)  never download anything you are not 100% sure is legit, and always preform a md5 checksum on said download when you can.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
ClutchThese

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:12:17 PM

Cloak-AV  You heard it here first.

Cloak AntiVirus.

Signature for Rent - PM if Interested
Wumm

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:13:13 PM

Help community !

Sorry for your loss. You are understandably upset, but can we not have this message as headline news on the official Facebook Group for Cloak that you run? Getting responses like:

"Rob Behnke:oh no! Are you the dev? How did this happen?"

is inevitable and doesn't look very good for the community.
Trinibits

Activity: 635

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:16:32 PM

Hi

Can someone give me the link to sort out that LIBEAY32.dll message from comming up. I was seeing it all the time on the thread and then when I decide to upgrade to the 1.9.5.2 wallet I cant bloody find it lol

Many Thanks
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:18:55 PM

Hi

Can someone give me the link to sort out that LIBEAY32.dll message from comming up. I was seeing it all the time on the thread and then when I decide to upgrade to the 1.9.5.2 wallet I cant bloody find it lol

Many Thanks

http://cloaktalk.org/t/latest-wallets-pin-it/79

^ I am with STUPID!
Pages: « 1 ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 ... 953 »
  Print  

Jump to: