Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:56:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742152 times)
MiMiMiner

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:22:24 AM

Did you click on the countdown timer (2nd line)??  Try the left mouse button, it's not hard.

Ok thanks in how many hours is the official launch?

If you are too stupid to read the OP (2nd line).  I'll tell you.  It's next Tuesday.....  Tongue

I know it says today 15 GMT. But I'm from europe so I want to know when exactly this is here?

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/to/cet/
dominikf

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:22:42 AM

Did you click on the countdown timer (2nd line)??  Try the left mouse button, it's not hard.

If you are too stupid to read the OP (2nd line).  I'll tell you.  It's next Tuesday.....  Tongue

I know it says today 15 GMT. But I'm from europe so I want to know when exactly this is here?

Oops :-p
Kenta

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:24:50 AM

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/to/cet/

CET is GMT+1+DST
15GMT is 17:00 CET

Trade your cryptocoins at: ◣ bleutrade.com ◢◣ C-Cex.com ◢
Minerals (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:26:44 AM

Let me explain how the limits will work:
1.For now there is per worker hashrate limit of 50 MH/s. We can change this and make the limits be per IP rather then per worker but it is not clear that this is the correct way to go as people might have multiple rigs and it is possible to have 50 MH/s from a single rig. Anyway, if we notice that the system is being abused we will turn per IP limits on.
2.Hashrate limitation work the following way. Suppose there is a worker with 100 MH/s hashrate. During each 1 minuter interval our stratum checks how many shares the worker has sent and with what difficulty and if this number is bigger than what 50 MH/s worker can send per minute the 100 MH/s worker will be banned until the end of the interval. For example, if during the first 30 seconds 100 MH/s worker has solved as many shares as 50 MH/s worker would for the remaining 30 seconds the worker would be temporarily banned and every share it sends will be rejected with the following message "Worker is temporarily banned, hashrate is above the limit". These rejected shares will not show up in the pool's statistics (the pool's statistics will only show rejects that are not due to hashrate limits) but will show up in the miner's statistics. That means that 100 MH/s worker will have around 50% rejected shares in his/her statistics that will show up in sgminer but not in the pool's statistics.

MVNWT9QtaryFdzexcHNyiJa3hzZB5Ja85P
tz

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:28:19 AM

"Hashing power of each worker and IP will be limited to not more than 50 MH/s (see the poll) by limiting the number of shares that a worker can send to the pool per unit of time."

Really? So I am not able to mine this coin? Because I have my miners behind one single ip.....

You will be able to mine it, but it wouldn't make sense to put in more than 50 MH/s. Set up an instance of your miner software on this coin, using 50 MH/s and use another instance of the miner software on another coin, using the remaining power. It should work...
dominikf

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:29:18 AM

1.For now there is per worker hashrate limit of 50 MH/s. We can change this and make the limits be per IP rather then per worker but it is not clear that this is the correct way to go as people might have multiple rigs and it is possible to have 50 MH/s from a single rig. Anyway, if we notice that the system is being abused we will turn per IP limits on.
2.Hashrate limitation work the following way. Suppose there is a worker with 100 MH/s hashrate. During each 1 minuter interval our stratum checks how many shares the worker has sent and with what difficulty and if this number is bigger than what 50 MH/s worker can send per minute the 100 MH/s worker will be banned until the end of the interval. For example, if during the first 30 seconds 100 MH/s worker has solved as many shares as 50 MH/s worker would for the remaining 30 seconds the worker would be temporarily banned and every share it sends will be rejected with the following message "Worker is temporarily banned, hashrate is above the limit". These rejected shares will not show up in the pool's statistics (the pool's statistics will only show rejects that are not due to hashrate limits) but will show up in the miner's statistics. That means that 100 MH/s worker will have around 50% rejected shares in his/her statistics that will show up in sgminer but not in the pool's statistics.

Great for the small miners  Grin
MiMiMiner

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:30:02 AM

Thanks for the explanation. So we are really talking about workers right. So I can have one main account and add for example 10 workers and all the workers will have the limit of 50 mhs.

Thumps up
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:33:10 AM

Thanks for the explanation. So we are really talking about workers right. So I can have one main account and add for example 10 workers and all the workers will have the limit of 50 mhs.

Thumps up

No, he still wants to restrict it by IP too so you can only have 50 mh/s max output on all of your workers.

I like the idea so that no one will own a big % of the coin from the start. But people will still be able to rent mining rigs, make new accounts on the pool and mine with them. So I don't think this is something that can be controlled. Will only piss off the people that have bigger farms at home and want to mine it.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:33:37 AM

whoever say this coin lead to centralization is an idiot, this coin actually help decentralization lol, by getting rid of those 2 giga farm

i think big farm are just mad because their mass rigs would be useless
merc84

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:37:57 AM

Ummm why is one of the pools reporting shares being submitted???
johndec2

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:39:48 AM

It's probably too close to launch to change it but 50mh/s per worker and unlimited workers is a joke. Unless you have a heap of 290s strapped to a 6 card motherboard you aren't going to get close to 50 mh/s per worker even in x11.  So it is basically open slather.  FMD.....
HardwarePal

Activity: 565

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:40:37 AM

Mineral Coin For Dummies :

1. Rent 20+ of friends rigs for x11 that all have +-50mh/s from different IP's.

2. Mine with 1gh/s like a boss.

3. Teamview into there PC's and accounts to transfer coins to exchange or wallet.

Result = EXACTLY THE SAME like any coin

DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:41:33 AM

OCminer is a very reputable pool owner, couldn't we just agree to let him host the pools for this coin and keep them at 0% fee? This way no one gains anything from it and this experiment can be fulfilled.

plan to mine some of this coins. i don't have a problem if all pools are from dev team if done right.

however supernova? lost about 1/3 or 1/4 of my cloak coins there .... i've learned my lesson
CalePrakto

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:42:58 AM

You think these pools have DDOS protection? Think again.

We charge 2% because we are a premium pool where shit just works.

We'll see on launch :p

If there is no competition among pools DDoS just makes no sense. Why would anyone DDoS our pools if one cannot profit from it?

Sorry, not going to work.  Already contacted exchanges and gave them the heads up.

Nobody is going to host this coin on a major exchange.

If you mine this coin you are killing crypto.  And in fact, since you won't be able to trade it, you're just wasting electricity.

But why are you doing this? We are trying to have some innovative way of distributing coins and you want to kill this idea because pool operators, like yourself, can't participate? We were going well in discussion with Bittrex of listing us from the launch but I am afraid that they might not do it given your reputation.
This is just sad and makes no sense to me.

People will DDoS your pools because of the threat this coin poses to all other coins, if the system you introduce turns out to be more attractive than what is considered "normal" up to this point. If you bring something new to the table that revolutionizes the way the silent majority thinks, the ones who were in control will do everything in their power to remain in control.

Limiting the hashrate is a wonderful idea, but it's also a threat to the big wales out there. It is also a threat to every coin that uses the old system, and, along with it, to every pool owner that has a pool set up for any of those coins. If people find your coin more attractive than the others, they will migrate to it and abandon anything else.

If you mine this coin, you are SAVING crypto, not killing it. All people should be able to acquire coins at the same rate. There should be no difference between miners due to the fact that some can afford expensive equipment while others can't. Being able to increase the amount of coin one gains by selling the mined coins and reinvesting into mining equipment should not be possible, because this leads to an exponential increase in reward for that person. This is wrong, and it represents one of the main reasons why crypto cannot be seriously considered to replace real currencies in it's current state.

I think it's better to stay away from Dedicatedpool after this. If they are using their power to control the revolution cryptocoins were supposed to be, like the mafia of crytocoins. Then it's probably better to avoid them.

I'll mine this coin, it's become important to support it

This is the second time this week that DedicatedPool threatens to use their influence to stop a coin from being registered at exchanges. This should be a warning signal to anyone. Trying to influence the market by being the dominating pool should make people avoid them.

Last time it was Millionairecoin that was the target of Binaryclock's/DedicatedPool's rage when the source code was like an hour late at launch...

This being said I still think the fact that all pools are controlled by the coin owner is a cause for concern, but I will personally be mining this with my private rigs and see what happens.
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:45:57 AM

OCminer is a very reputable pool owner, couldn't we just agree to let him host the pools for this coin and keep them at 0% fee? This way no one gains anything from it and this experiment can be fulfilled.

plan to mine some of this coins. i don't have a problem if all pools are from dev team if done right.

however supernova? lost about 1/3 or 1/4 of my cloak coins there .... i've learned my lesson

That's weird, I've never had a single problem with the suprnova pools, and I've used those pools through 15-20 coins.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:49:16 AM

It's probably too close to launch to change it but 50mh/s per worker and unlimited workers is a joke. Unless you have a heap of 290s strapped to a 6 card motherboard you aren't going to get close to 50 mh/s per worker even in x11.  So it is basically open slather.  FMD.....

one 6 x 750ti is 12MH/s already, this mean 4 rigs for 50, mmh yes 50 is still a bit too much

Mineral Coin For Dummies :

1. Rent 20+ of friends rigs for x11 that all have +-50mh/s from different IP's.

2. Mine with 1gh/s like a boss.

3. Teamview into there PC's and accounts to transfer coins to exchange or wallet.

Result = EXACTLY THE SAME like any coin

not really, because 300mega farm are out in this one, unless they have their rig on multiple ip
HardwarePal

Activity: 565

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:52:56 AM

I have alot of friends with under 50mh/s pretty simple 
Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
Stormbringer

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:53:11 AM

Ummm why is one of the pools reporting shares being submitted???

which one?

BTC:14aefvedNKjJJoHZ8Pv5LqXqjj5Nprd89d
tz

Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:55:14 AM

whoever say this coin lead to centralization is an idiot, this coin actually help decentralization lol, by getting rid of those 2 giga farm

i think big farm are just mad because their mass rigs would be useless

You are only partially correct. From one point of view, it is a step against decentralization because, as you mentioned, there will be no farms and whales.
On the other hand, and this is where you are wrong, there is no solo mining and, currently, the pools are controlled by the development team. This is, in itself, the worst case of centralized monopoly. It's like having a single bank, with several offices, that controls the production and distribution of a currency.
In this case, you may choose to trust those who control the system. In a perfect world, this could work, but I'm not sure we are there yet.

PS: my total hashing power is 2,1 MH/s on X11.
johndec2

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:56:58 AM

Amph. They are talking per worker, not per IP.  My 3 x270s workers put out at best 6 mh/s.  If I had 100 of them, I could pump 600mh/s at the coin and be within the rules with 100 workers.  I thought the limit was supposed to be 50 mh/s per IP.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: