Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:20:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742149 times)
Minerals (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:57:37 AM

I've seen rigs with up to 7x7990, that is close to 50 MH/s

MVNWT9QtaryFdzexcHNyiJa3hzZB5Ja85P

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:59:03 AM

OCminer is a very reputable pool owner, couldn't we just agree to let him host the pools for this coin and keep them at 0% fee? This way no one gains anything from it and this experiment can be fulfilled.

plan to mine some of this coins. i don't have a problem if all pools are from dev team if done right.

however supernova? lost about 1/3 or 1/4 of my cloak coins there .... i've learned my lesson

That's weird, I've never had a single problem with the suprnova pools, and I've used those pools through 15-20 coins.

well i was not the only one ..
you can see this here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637704.msg7170140;topicseen#msg7170140

it maybe was bad timing (had a rented rig for 24hrs) but i lost enough money there to avoid the pool for now
and i can not understand why he installed the newest  MPOS on a live server .....
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:08:22 AM

Amph. They are talking per worker, not per IP.  My 3 x270s workers put out at best 6 mh/s.  If I had 100 of them, I could pump 600mh/s at the coin and be within the rules with 100 workers.  I thought the limit was supposed to be 50 mh/s per IP.

they said they could add a limit per ip also, if "per worker" will not work as expected
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:09:04 AM

OCminer is a very reputable pool owner, couldn't we just agree to let him host the pools for this coin and keep them at 0% fee? This way no one gains anything from it and this experiment can be fulfilled.

plan to mine some of this coins. i don't have a problem if all pools are from dev team if done right.

however supernova? lost about 1/3 or 1/4 of my cloak coins there .... i've learned my lesson

That's weird, I've never had a single problem with the suprnova pools, and I've used those pools through 15-20 coins.

you can see this here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637704.msg7170140;topicseen#msg7170140

it maybe was bad timing (had a rented rig for 24hrs) but i lost enough money there to avoid the pool for now
and i can not understand why he installed the newest  MPOS on a live server .....

Forks can happen, at least there was no fee at all at the pool, so it could have been worse.

There are always haters around..  Even If you provide a free Service.

Suprnova is around for long time now, we never had any serious issues, we actively Support coin devs and Most of the time the pools are free. If you're in crypto you are always talking about a certain risk when mining or investing, even If there was a  little flaw with a New Mpos Version, it was no total loss..  So things are cooked bit too hot sometimes.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Minerals (OP)

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:11:19 AM

Forks can happen, at least there was no fee at all at the pool, so it could have been worse.

There are always haters around..  Even If you provide a free Service.

Suprnova is around for long time now, we never had any serious issues, we actively Support coin devs and Most of the time the pools are free. If you're in crypto you are always talking about a certain risk when mining or investing, even If there was a  little flaw with a New Mpos Version, it was no total loss..  So things are cooked bit too hot sometimes.

Guys, could we please keep this thread clean and talk about Minerals. Please, discuss other issues on their respective threads.

Kenta

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:12:31 AM

You think these pools have DDOS protection? Think again.

We charge 2% because we are a premium pool where shit just works.

We'll see on launch :p

If there is no competition among pools DDoS just makes no sense. Why would anyone DDoS our pools if one cannot profit from it?

Sorry, not going to work.  Already contacted exchanges and gave them the heads up.

Nobody is going to host this coin on a major exchange.

If you mine this coin you are killing crypto.  And in fact, since you won't be able to trade it, you're just wasting electricity.

But why are you doing this? We are trying to have some innovative way of distributing coins and you want to kill this idea because pool operators, like yourself, can't participate? We were going well in discussion with Bittrex of listing us from the launch but I am afraid that they might not do it given your reputation.
This is just sad and makes no sense to me.

People will DDoS your pools because of the threat this coin poses to all other coins, if the system you introduce turns out to be more attractive than what is considered "normal" up to this point. If you bring something new to the table that revolutionizes the way the silent majority thinks, the ones who were in control will do everything in their power to remain in control.

Limiting the hashrate is a wonderful idea, but it's also a threat to the big wales out there. It is also a threat to every coin that uses the old system, and, along with it, to every pool owner that has a pool set up for any of those coins. If people find your coin more attractive than the others, they will migrate to it and abandon anything else.

If you mine this coin, you are SAVING crypto, not killing it. All people should be able to acquire coins at the same rate. There should be no difference between miners due to the fact that some can afford expensive equipment while others can't. Being able to increase the amount of coin one gains by selling the mined coins and reinvesting into mining equipment should not be possible, because this leads to an exponential increase in reward for that person. This is wrong, and it represents one of the main reasons why crypto cannot be seriously considered to replace real currencies in it's current state.

I think it's better to stay away from Dedicatedpool after this. If they are using their power to control the revolution cryptocoins were supposed to be, like the mafia of crytocoins. Then it's probably better to avoid them.

I'll mine this coin, it's become important to support it

This is the second time this week that DedicatedPool threatens to use their influence to stop a coin from being registered at exchanges. This should be a warning signal to anyone. Trying to influence the market by being the dominating pool should make people avoid them.

Last time it was Millionairecoin that was the target of Binaryclock's/DedicatedPool's rage when the source code was like an hour late at launch...

This being said I still think the fact that all pools are controlled by the coin owner is a cause for concern, but I will personally be mining this with my private rigs and see what happens.

Same think happened with Pyramidecoin as well, same guy threatening to ruin their chances with Bittrex and other exchanges, since they "held back the code". Even after the code was published and the really humble dev had apologized in the forum and promised "never to do it again", the humiliation kept going! The coin is still not on Bittrex, wonder why? Who is this mafioso with so much power? Who is Bittrex accepting to be controlled by mafia? We should stop giving power to such mental's. I've seen too much of this in Easter Europe and how it can really ruin peoples lives. Disgusting!!!

Trade your cryptocoins at: ◣ bleutrade.com ◢◣ C-Cex.com ◢
Lordoftherigs

Activity: 313

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:14:41 AM

watching.
Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:18:12 AM

Same think happened with Pyramidecoin as well, same guy threatening to ruin their chances with Bittrex and other exchanges, since they "held back the code". Even after the code was published and the really humble dev had apologized in the forum and promised "never to do it again", the humiliation kept going! The coin is still not on Bittrex, wonder why? Who is this mafioso with so much power? Who is Bittrex accepting to be controlled by mafia? We should stop giving power to such mental's. I've seen too much of this in Easter Europe and how it can really ruin peoples lives. Disgusting!!!
Some pool ops responses here are seriously disgusting.
CalePrakto

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:20:06 AM

You think these pools have DDOS protection? Think again.

We charge 2% because we are a premium pool where shit just works.

We'll see on launch :p

If there is no competition among pools DDoS just makes no sense. Why would anyone DDoS our pools if one cannot profit from it?

Sorry, not going to work.  Already contacted exchanges and gave them the heads up.

Nobody is going to host this coin on a major exchange.

If you mine this coin you are killing crypto.  And in fact, since you won't be able to trade it, you're just wasting electricity.

But why are you doing this? We are trying to have some innovative way of distributing coins and you want to kill this idea because pool operators, like yourself, can't participate? We were going well in discussion with Bittrex of listing us from the launch but I am afraid that they might not do it given your reputation.
This is just sad and makes no sense to me.

People will DDoS your pools because of the threat this coin poses to all other coins, if the system you introduce turns out to be more attractive than what is considered "normal" up to this point. If you bring something new to the table that revolutionizes the way the silent majority thinks, the ones who were in control will do everything in their power to remain in control.

Limiting the hashrate is a wonderful idea, but it's also a threat to the big wales out there. It is also a threat to every coin that uses the old system, and, along with it, to every pool owner that has a pool set up for any of those coins. If people find your coin more attractive than the others, they will migrate to it and abandon anything else.

If you mine this coin, you are SAVING crypto, not killing it. All people should be able to acquire coins at the same rate. There should be no difference between miners due to the fact that some can afford expensive equipment while others can't. Being able to increase the amount of coin one gains by selling the mined coins and reinvesting into mining equipment should not be possible, because this leads to an exponential increase in reward for that person. This is wrong, and it represents one of the main reasons why crypto cannot be seriously considered to replace real currencies in it's current state.

I think it's better to stay away from Dedicatedpool after this. If they are using their power to control the revolution cryptocoins were supposed to be, like the mafia of crytocoins. Then it's probably better to avoid them.

I'll mine this coin, it's become important to support it

This is the second time this week that DedicatedPool threatens to use their influence to stop a coin from being registered at exchanges. This should be a warning signal to anyone. Trying to influence the market by being the dominating pool should make people avoid them.

Last time it was Millionairecoin that was the target of Binaryclock's/DedicatedPool's rage when the source code was like an hour late at launch...

This being said I still think the fact that all pools are controlled by the coin owner is a cause for concern, but I will personally be mining this with my private rigs and see what happens.

I totally agree. And I was wrong, it was not Millionairecoin, it was Pyramidscoin that was the last one, but still, he is trying to destroy/harm coins for which he has been unable to set up pools.
johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:25:49 AM

OP. Please 50mh/s per IP not per worker.  Those that are determined enough will still get around it but may as well make it hard rather than really easy.
therealbigcoin

Activity: 729
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:32:37 AM

Short Question: The title of this Thread say "X11 POW/POS" but the pool say i need to use scrypt http://drone.minerals.pro/index.php?page=gettingstarted so what algorithm do i need to use now? Scrypt would be very shitty ^^

Greetings
TRBC
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:37:20 AM

Short Question: The title of this Thread say "X11 POW/POS" but the pool say i need to use scrypt http://drone.minerals.pro/index.php?page=gettingstarted so what algorithm do i need to use now? Scrypt would be very shitty ^^

Greetings
TRBC

Probably says scrypt by default.
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:37:44 AM

So the coin is launching today then? I thought it was going to be postponed?
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:39:28 AM

In Mineral's defence, even the mighty DRK has proprietary code. Not everything from DRK is open source.
Minerals (OP)

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:39:52 AM

So the coin is launching today then? I thought it was going to be postponed?
The launch is today, pools are ready.

Vampiro4L

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:40:37 AM

I think the limits should be 50 mh/s per account/ip.  The worker limit will lead to the system being abused, exactly as pointed out by people who rent a ton of rigs.  I really liked the idea of everybody getting a somewhat fair shake on mining, really peaked my interest and made me want to help mine for the next several days with my 25 mh/s. Good luck
therealbigcoin

Activity: 729
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:45:06 AM

Greetings
TRBC

Probably says scrypt by default.

So its deffinitly not X11 and i can leave this shit away?
louiseth1
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:52:55 AM

This look like a big scam, stay away.

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
shadow3277

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:54:59 AM

This look like a big scam, stay away.
Wow a pool owner. Wonder why you would say that?  Roll Eyes
zlobaio

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:56:01 AM

At the drone pool it looks like scrypt algo. Please provide any specifics how to mine, scrypt is too hot for the summer Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: