Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:53:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742153 times)
iru786

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:00:06 AM

please show me the better coin to buy right now
What coin did provide more innovation last month? Every fucking coin dev claims to invent anonymity and other bunch of bullshit but in the end just dumps his premine and disappears. Minerals coin have already showed us an innovative approach by cutting off all ASICs, multipool and big farms which allowed fair distribution of coins

You are right but unfortunately that does not count now a days... People are only interested in riding profit trains. But if AltCoins need to flourish, We need to support coins that tries to do something different not just in terms of functionality about also in terms of process because this is the only way we will learn and improve.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:01:11 AM

just clone coin, no innovations, no new features Undecided

I feel like Minerals provide great innovation!
ASICs and multipools were raping and killing every coin. With minerals it is not possible. Wait for the bigger exchange and the price will skyrocket.
Actually, why am I telling you this? The more weak hands now - the lower price for me to buy Minerals  Grin

No ASICs and multipools not mean this coin become valuable.
If the DEV team have no plan for the next step..It will dead after POW

have you seen the crap coins released recently(the lineup after boostcoin i mean), they become valuable without offering anything new, just useless promises

this coin isn't certainly worse than those
ZacharyComstock

Activity: 210
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 10:04:48 AM

In general i don't have issues with the way coins are selected at MP... Its been mostly working fine in terms of what jc12345 mentioned.

But recently, i have seen that MP is moving away from their own criteria in terms of coin selection. Because of this coins like Boost and others are not added on MP even with Hugh trade volume. While other coins are added to the exchange when its been clear from the start that they are being pushed to exchange only because they can be dumped by big whales when they hit MP.

+1

Its interesting how some coins hit MP very quickly while other 100% airdrop coins are ignored because of low value.
MyCoin is an example, now Ive never mined MyCoin and I have zero MYC to my name, but Ive never know a coin push so hard to be on Mintpal and so far the plea of MYC has been ignored. MYC deserves to be on MP more than most at the moment.

Would it hurt MP to list Mycoin? How difficult is it to add a coin to the exchange? About 5 minutes work Im guessing.

I would be expecting it to be listed Monday, MP have no excuse now.

Mintpal not listing coins huts themselves alot. Bittrex got few bitcoins of volume a month ago, but now its just 2 times smaller then Mintpal
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/info
And I expect to see bittrex to be larger then Mintpal pretty soon

iqacid

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:08:47 AM

Dev are you still with us?

As I kno hes Human, and what do humans need? you caught me Grin you alrdy kno the answer! Some sleep!
ZacharyComstock

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 10:10:37 AM

ASICs and multipools were raping and killing every coin. With minerals it is not possible. Wait for the bigger exchange and the price will skyrocket.
Actually, why am I telling you this? The more weak hands now - the lower price for me to buy Minerals  Grin

have you seen the crap coins released recently(the lineup after boostcoin i mean), they become valuable without offering anything new, just useless promises

couldn't agree more. I have no idea why people buy all the shitcoins that are listed on bittrex every day. Obviously I am not a professional trader and I may not see the big picture here, but all that I see is 99% coins has nothing new and die in few weeks. Not the case with Minerals here

lanshop2010

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:13:13 AM

If a developer or group of developers were able to launch a coin and profited from it, whether the coin was a success or not (most of them are not anyway), it is only logical that they will do it again and again and again under different handle names. The same is true for those setting up pool servers.

One of the questions we should ask is if the developer did something to undermine or compromise the integrity of the coin.
alphateam

Activity: 1036
Merit: 531

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:23:16 AM

couldn't agree more. I have no idea why people buy all the shitcoins that are listed on bittrex every day. Obviously I am not a professional trader and I may not see the big picture here, but all that I see is 99% coins has nothing new and die in few weeks. Not the case with Minerals here

Probably, but not sure.

I think a massive dump come when pow end and when a bigger exchange list this one.
Lot of people wait to sell this one, and with one weeks of mining, big amount will dump.
Hope i'm false.
btcforthefuture

Activity: 158

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:27:58 AM

In general i don't have issues with the way coins are selected at MP... Its been mostly working fine in terms of what jc12345 mentioned.

But recently, i have seen that MP is moving away from their own criteria in terms of coin selection. Because of this coins like Boost and others are not added on MP even with Hugh trade volume. While other coins are added to the exchange when its been clear from the start that they are being pushed to exchange only because they can be dumped by big whales when they hit MP.

+1

Its interesting how some coins hit MP very quickly while other 100% airdrop coins are ignored because of low value.
MyCoin is an example, now Ive never mined MyCoin and I have zero MYC to my name, but Ive never know a coin push so hard to be on Mintpal and so far the plea of MYC has been ignored. MYC deserves to be on MP more than most at the moment.

Would it hurt MP to list Mycoin? How difficult is it to add a coin to the exchange? About 5 minutes work Im guessing.

I would be expecting it to be listed Monday, MP have no excuse now.

MYC is already dead before it arrives on mintpal. It only has a little volume because of its #1 spot on mintpal list. It is 100% premine, the btctalk thread is dead, price is on a downtrend even though it can be added to mintpal any moment. No one is interested in it, but people payed for votes so I agree mintpal has to add it, although its a waste of space.  
Minerals (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 10:52:24 AM

Guys,
I would like to confirm that Minerals is affiliated with pool.mn. Pool.mn helped with setting up the pools, implementing limits and tweaking stratum. The idea was to keep the two projects unaffiliated until after the end of the POW stage, as we were concerned about potential attacks from other pools (which actually did happen even without the knowledge of this affiliation (read the first couple of pages)). The guy from pool.mn was supposed to monitor the thread and reply to any issues with the pools, however he exposed his identity.

1. Regarding mining – I’ve been saying this from the very beginning: there is no mining outside 6 pools and accusations that pool.mn or someone else is mining on their own is easy to check by looking at the block explorer and which addresses are credited for newly found blocks (the links are in the OP).

2. The idea behind the Minerals is to show that without competition among pools it is possible achieve fairer mining that is much less vulnerable to network (ASICs) and/or DDoS attacks. Moreover, pool ops do not add much value, if any, to the coin development and I hope that future coin devs and communities will start to think about this. I think that we showed for future coin devs how to avoid premine/instamine and IPOs and yet still keep the interest in their coin by running pools and collecting standard fees. Actually, the cost of running these pools is lower because:

a) there is no need for DDoS protection as there is no competition  
b) there are no other coins on the same server which lowers the hardware requirements
c) for coins with limited POW stage the hardware is required only during the POW stage, which is often quite short nowadays

Stratum modifications will be uploaded to github so that anyone can use it in the future.

3. Pool.mn agreed to help as they share the above beliefs and I think they will offer their help as a service for future coin devs. Of course, any other pool op could offer the same service and I hope that crypto-community will move toward less fees/instamine/premine.

MVNWT9QtaryFdzexcHNyiJa3hzZB5Ja85P
ZacharyComstock

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 10:54:32 AM

Actually, why am I telling you this? The more weak hands now - the lower price for me to buy Minerals  Grin

Probably, but not sure.

I think a massive dump come when pow end and when a bigger exchange list this one.
Lot of people wait to sell this one, and with one weeks of mining, big amount will dump.
Hope i'm false.

In theory with the 50MHS limit we should see dumping limited to 7 days of 50mhs coins per dumper.

If we see absolutely no difference in the kinds of trading compared to other coins then we know for a fact that limiting this coin to 50MHS has had zero effect.

Ill be watching closely. I don't see anyone snapping up a million coins on c-cex so that shouldn't have any influence.

the problem with c-cex is that it is ~100 times smaller then bittrex. There are no serious investors there. Bittrex guys said that they will be listing Minerals after POW ends and this is where I am planning to return my investments  Grin

USScrypto

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:55:26 AM

Guys,
I would like to confirm that Minerals is affiliated with pool.mn. Pool.mn helped with setting up the pools, implementing limits and tweaking stratum. The idea was to keep the two projects unaffiliated until after the end of the POW stage, as we were concerned about potential attacks from other pools (which actually did happen even without the knowledge of this affiliation (read the first couple of pages)). The guy from pool.mn was supposed to monitor the thread and reply to any issues with the pools, however he exposed his identity.

1. Regarding mining – I’ve been saying this from the very beginning: there is no mining outside 6 pools and accusations that pool.mn or someone else is mining on their own is easy to check by looking at the block explorer and which addresses are credited for newly found blocks (the links are in the OP).

2. The idea behind the Minerals is to show that without competition among pools it is possible achieve fairer mining that is much less vulnerable to network (ASICs) and/or DDoS attacks. Moreover, pool ops do not add much value, if any, to the coin development and I hope that future coin devs and communities will start to think about this. I think that we showed for future coin devs how to avoid premine/instamine and IPOs and yet still keep the interest in their coin by running pools and collecting standard fees. Actually, the cost of running these pools is lower because:

b) there are no other coins on the same server which lowers the hardware requirements
c) for coins with limited POW stage the hardware is required only during the POW stage, which is often quite short nowadays

Stratum modifications will be uploaded to github so that anyone can use it in the future.

3. Pool.mn agreed to help as they share the above beliefs and I think they will offer their help as a service for future coin devs. Of course, any other pool op could offer the same service and I hope that crypto-community will move toward less fees/instamine/premine.

Thanks for clearing up things, so now everyone can calm down and keep mining Cheesy
Stormbringer

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:56:39 AM

http://explorer.minerals.pro/ is not working

BTC:14aefvedNKjJJoHZ8Pv5LqXqjj5Nprd89d
cryptoangel

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:57:51 AM

Guys,

THANK YOU!.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█                         █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █
           ▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        █
█                         █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
ROLLBIT●  Instant Deposits & Withdrawals
●  Rakeback & Level Up Bonuses
●  Live Customer Support
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
ASICrefugee

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:00:21 AM

Guys,

Sounds good to me. Im still mining!

I never stopped  Grin Grin
prix

Activity: 750
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:00:33 AM

@Dev, thanks for detailed explanation.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:02:45 AM

Actually, why am I telling you this? The more weak hands now - the lower price for me to buy Minerals  Grin

Probably, but not sure.

Hope i'm false.

what dump you are talking about, the coin is already in a dump state, 300 lol
USScrypto

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:04:52 AM

That simply means more cheap Minerals to buy...  Grin
ZacharyComstock

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 11:11:08 AM

just look at this picture and the future of minerals will become clear to you

30% of all trades on C-Cex are trades for BTC/MIN

USScrypto

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:13:35 AM

just look at this picture and the future of minerals will become clear to you

30% of all trades on C-Cex are trades for BTC/MIN

With the current volume it is over 40% actually.
Minerals (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 11:15:43 AM

Fixed

MVNWT9QtaryFdzexcHNyiJa3hzZB5Ja85P
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: