Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:15:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742147 times)
liominer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:29:19 PM

It would seem that the minerals launch has made a lot of people pool owners angry.

[15:06] <guest01> are you a pool owner?
[15:06] <nik0lay> i run private pools
[15:06] <nik0lay> and have couple p2p nodes
[15:06] <guest01> ok bye
[15:06] <CryptoKidd> LOL
[15:06] <nik0lay> lulz
[15:07] <nik0lay> bye bye

LOOOOL  Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ASICrefugee

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:30:53 PM

It would seem that the minerals launch has made a lot of people pool owners angry.

[15:00] <nik0lay> Barryzand, was not my will to attack you.
[15:01] == icecube45 [~icecube45@unaffiliated/icecube45] has joined #bittrex
[15:01] <nik0lay> i just wanted to explain why it s not a good coin when you have closed sources.
[15:01] <nik0lay> this makes it not decentralized.
[15:01] <nik0lay> at least the PoW distribution was not decentralizied
[15:01] <nik0lay> so the MINERALS-dev have launch a unfair coin.
[15:01] <nik0lay> only my opinion
[15:02] <nik0lay> sorry when i attacked you personally.
[15:02] <guest01> unfair for who?
[15:03] <nik0lay> unfair cause it s not a real decentralized project. - closed source in the most important stage of a coin (PoW) is making it a very bad system
[15:04] <guest01> only the pow was centralized
[15:04] == jwinterm [~quassel@cpe-76-184-247-51.tx.res.rr.com] has quit [Ping timeout: 240 seconds]
[15:04] <guest01> after that you have open source wallet
[15:04] <nik0lay> don't you understand it? the PoW is the most important stage
[15:05] <guest01> the distribution was a lot fairer than other coins
[15:05] <CryptoKidd> I think you guy had not got your pool fees
[15:05] <nik0lay> MINERALS even didn't have a linux wallet
[15:05] <CryptoKidd> so you are hating here
[15:05] <Fun> :PPPPP
[15:05] <Fun> or he likes open source
[15:05] <Fun> could it be?
[15:05] <guest01> minerals is open source
[15:05] <nik0lay> so it was a centralized, unfair distributed, closed source, anit-linux shitcoin
[15:05] <nik0lay> *anti-unix
[15:06] <nik0lay> guest01, since when?
[15:06] <CryptoKidd> look at the thread in BTT PLZ
[15:06] <nik0lay> it s open source since yesterday
[15:06] <guest01> yes
[15:06] <guest01> are you a pool owner?
[15:06] <nik0lay> i run private pools
[15:06] <nik0lay> and have couple p2p nodes
[15:06] <guest01> ok bye
[15:06] <CryptoKidd> LOL
[15:06] <nik0lay> lulz
[15:07] <nik0lay> bye bye

It would be funny if wasn't so sad.
One of the fairest distributions I think I have ever taken part in, but pool owners are just all greedy, greedy no-coin-for-me wankers!
Like there isn't enough shitcoin for them to rape and pillage, they want something from EVERY coin - like it is their divine right  Angry
What's the bet - even now - that at least one of the greedy monkey-ball suckers is planning a clone coin based on what just happened here. I wish I could take bets Smiley
I'm off for a smoke before my BP gives me a real headache
nfox

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 12:33:38 PM

I don't get it, from where this influence of pool owners? Probably same guys running exchanges? There are X coins, so pools and exchanges are owned by whales and closed groups. I can bet they are making private disclosures before listing new coins, so they know when and what to buy, and after just manipulate weak hands..
Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:37:48 PM

It seems like the altcoin scene is heavily monopolized by big pools and some exchanges. I wonder if the rest of the community is aware of this.
Will probably make a bigger thread about this if Bittrex doesn't list it in the next few days.

I think what we're seeing here deserves a lot more attention. It's bigger than the coin itself at this point.
bep42

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:40:33 PM

It seems like the altcoin scene is heavily monopolized by big pools and some exchanges. I wonder if the rest of the community is aware of this.
Will probably make a bigger thread about this if Bittrex doesn't list it in the next few days.

I think what we're seeing here deserves a lot more attention. It's bigger than the coin itself at this point.

Are you talking about the exchange with 0.25% fees on each trade?  Grin
btler420

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:42:44 PM

we can trade this coin on kingcoiny now!!!

y1.
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:50:57 PM

as i mentioned early in the thread we will see this coin enjoy some success. already we are seeing a community building around it to be larger than some asic minable coins. this provides evidence that the crypto community is made up largely of gpu miners with a few risk takers investing heavily.. and perhaps too heavily into asic machines, causing the asics to bring centralization to many coins due to how much they can get for next to nothing with their mining power.

it is quite hypocritical to state that this method creates centralization. quite the opposite is true. it is the most fair mining method as it gives more people the opportunity to obtain a share. this distribution is the true decentralization of crypto as it prevents any one person from owning the majority of stock without purchasing on the market giving them the ability to manipulate that entire market as they see fit.

we must convince bittrex and poloniex etc of this view. mintpal.. dont pay them.. when they see minerals success they will rush to add it some time in the middle of the week or on any given sunday... for free.

tip: the multipool is operational. you should set very high sell orders so that we can set the options for margin trading at a higher level. if you sell low you provide opportunity for someone to downtrade the margin heavily once the value rises. have some patience and let's work together as a community.. show those asic miners how it's done. 1000satoshi is too low. we should start on an absolute minimum of 10,000 satoshi. and even that, by the capabilities and intentions of this project by the dev is too low if you ask me.
ASICrefugee

Activity: 432

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:53:58 PM

as i mentioned early in the thread we will see this coin enjoy some success. already we are seeing a community building around it to be larger than some asic minable coins. this provides evidence that the crypto community is made up largely of gpu miners with a few risk takers investing heavily.. and perhaps too heavily into asic machines, causing the asics to bring centralization to many coins due to how much they can get for next to nothing with their mining power.

it is quite hypocritical to state that this method creates centralization. quite the opposite is true. it is the most fair mining method as it gives more people the opportunity to obtain a share. this distribution is the true decentralization of crypto as it prevents any one person from owning the majority of stock without purchasing on the market giving them the ability to manipulate that entire market as they see fit.

we must convince bittrex and poloniex etc of this view. mintpal.. dont pay them.. when they see minerals success they will rush to add it some time in the middle of the week or on any given sunday... for free.

tip: the multipool is operational. you should set very high sell orders so that we can set the options for margin trading at a higher level. if you sell low you provide opportunity for someone to downtrade the margin heavily once the value rises. have some patience and let's work together as a community.. show those asic miners how it's done. 1000satoshi is too low. we should start on an absolute minimum of 10,000 satoshi. and even that, by the capabilities and intentions of this project by the dev is too low if you ask me.
+1
powersup

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:55:58 PM

Has the dev been in contact with Bittrex?  It was my understanding they would add Minerals once the source was made public.
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:56:25 PM

Are you talking about the exchange with 0.25% fees on each trade?  Grin

Your right there Starscream, the response to this coin has been something I didn't expect. Basically what the big players are saying is,

"We make lots of money from you, and unless you let us continue to monopolise this we wont let you make any money"

That's not what Bitcoin was about, and to quote "open source" and "decentralisation" as excuses is just criminal at this stage.

If anything it affirms what we already knew but have been powerless to prove.

What "they" have done is offered themselves up for the slaughter by showing how 'community' to them means nothing. Its beyond good business, its robbery, and they have shown their true colours -  and all it took was a little limitation on the hash rate per miner.

I would never have guessed in a million years that they were so vulnerable.

But rather than embrace it they have chosen to fight it, which is not a good move at all.

If they had supported legitimate developers from the start, then think where we could be now?

yeah we didnt create crypto to escape the banking cartels to come now and have to face cryptocartels. tell them to fuck right off and i hope many more coins come out like this.. especially pos coins abandoning asic minable algorithms. let them stop sucking out of crypto and reinvest.

im looking for investors for a very similar coin. please check out my thread. and if any of you would like to help or join the community that would be great. this one uses some advanced thinking to allow asics to mine with smaller hashrates yet still giving each solid value for the coin and not harm its exchange value even if large asic farms jump on board.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=611996.0
barryzand

Activity: 574

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:56:44 PM

yes.. indeed.... I got a few fierce reactions on irc when I asked about minerals being added on bittrex... turns out it were pool owners/private pool owners... guess they are afraid this could be the next standard..
szwagiercz

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:57:12 PM

+1.
Bojcha

Activity: 848

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:03:58 PM

What a crap i read today...
Don't know what to say and not to be rude.

Let's all go to bittrex channel and start talk.
powersup

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:12:02 PM

There are plenty of 100% pre-mine coins which bittrex has added in the past, so how are these coins any less centralized then Minerals during the distribution phase?

I honestly don't believe Bittrex will refuse to add Minerals due to "centralized" distribution, as this would present a high level of double standard and hypocrisy on their behalf.

joe.sixer

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:13:42 PM

do you need to use x11mod kernel in multipool? I was using darkcoin kernel, same as I had in other mineral pool which worked fine, but no payouts and no earnings in multipool for ~12hrs mining.

All of my miners are mining at the multipool, so lets try the basics.

Have you registered at http://multipool.minerals.pro/index.php - this is the multipool address, all the other Minerals pools are not functioning.
Once you have registered you need to create workers.

Are you using SGMINER - CGminer won't do it. I am using sph-sgminer_x11mod
The workers need to point to the right place - which is:  

sgminer -k x11mod -o stratum+tcp://multipool.minerals.pro:7777 -u YourWorker.WorkerName -p YOUR PASSWORD

I hope that helps you some  Smiley

Yes, to all. Thanks for the effort!
I'm registered at the multipool, using sph-sgminer, using correct stratum/port. Config is exactly the same as I used when mining on the original minerals pools other than the stratum address, the workers show the correct hashrates on the multipool site and all, just no coins. No option for manual payout because there's no balance. I emailed dev, will follow-up here with outcome.
cryptoangel

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:15:25 PM

do you need to use x11mod kernel in multipool? I was using darkcoin kernel, same as I had in other mineral pool which worked fine, but no payouts and no earnings in multipool for ~12hrs mining.

Have you registered at http://multipool.minerals.pro/index.php - this is the multipool address, all the other Minerals pools are not functioning.

sgminer -k x11mod -o stratum+tcp://multipool.minerals.pro:7777 -u YourWorker.WorkerName -p YOUR PASSWORD

I'm registered at the multipool, using sph-sgminer, using correct stratum/port. Config is exactly the same as I used when mining on the original minerals pools other than the stratum address, the workers show the correct hashrates on the multipool site and all, just no coins. No option for manual payout because there's no balance. I emailed dev, will follow-up here with outcome.

Dev said payout twice a day. We mine a altcoin, sell for BTC and buy minerals.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█                         █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █
           ▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        █
█                         █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
ROLLBIT●  Instant Deposits & Withdrawals
●  Rakeback & Level Up Bonuses
●  Live Customer Support
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
szwagiercz

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:18:34 PM

Other exchanges will list us after the end of POW stage. We have assurance from Bittrex that they will list us once the POW stage ends.
DEV can you explain what kind of assurance you have? Today you say they didn't answer you, but we all we wan't know what they say past.
Stormbringer

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:18:42 PM

I am here for the goodness of Crypto.  I have been here much longer than anyone and have tried to form a society that is good to move forward.  Privatization of crypto will not been tolerated.  You may or may not know there is a society of over 150 people, pool owners, exchanges, leaders in crypto that all VETO'd your coin - it is just not me.  People will not stand for stuff like this - the scams are already too bad and developers are trying to gain more and more control.  It won't happen. 

You seem like a nice guy and for that I feel bad that it worked out like this for you.  Your idea was probably good on paper but you probably never considered the backlash from the engineering community that created these walelts and crypto in general.  Sure miners will mine anything under the sun - they have no idea of the implications.  But the people who created crypto are looking out for them.  Private sources are not accepted, under any circumstance - that is not crypto anymore.. it is paypal or whatever.  We don't want paypals.  People want to be able to control their wallets and review source codes.  We want public ledgers and pools and exchanges, not backroom bargins and developer 100% control.

If anyone didn't read, this is how owner of dedicatedpool.com threaten this coin.

BTC:14aefvedNKjJJoHZ8Pv5LqXqjj5Nprd89d
joe.sixer

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:20:29 PM

Dev said payout twice a day. We mine a altcoin, sell for BTC and buy minerals.

Right, but been mining since multipool restart yesterday and nothing. Seems others have received payouts.
Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:20:34 PM

Are you talking about the exchange with 0.25% fees on each trade?  Grin
Sorry, did not mean to offend you in any way, shape or form. If it's any consolation I did register at Kingcoiny immediately when I saw you guys added MIN to your exchange.
Reason I mentioned Bittrex is because they are one of the biggest if not the biggest exchange right now for altcoins and it would be helpful for the coin to be added there, however, it's not mandatory.

Also, Bittrex started small like everyone else, and I joined them back then when their trade volume was under 1 BTC and no-one would even look at them, just to support them as Cryptsy was (and still is) a horrible exchange service and quite franky I'm disappointed with Bittrex now.
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: