Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:45:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Legal complaint against bitcoinica.com  (Read 13936 times)
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 08:38:49 PM

Parapain opened up a channel to the police in regards to a bitcoin business. If anything, he has an opportunity to learn directly from working officials on bitcoin laws in Spain. When everyone's done being angry and realizes that there is nothing the Spanish inquisition can do about a business in Singapore, why not ask Parapain to relay some questions to the police (since they're already looking into it)?

Use opportunities people. The door's already open, let's just walk through it.

I think everyone understands the little significance of his legal filing.  Users are merely outraged at the silliness/hipocracy shown. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 08:44:15 PM

Wow. Is it that hard to find a different Spanish language translator?

How you like it if someone filed a report with the police that Bitcoin Magazine is a scam to collect advertising and subscription revenue without delivering?

Other than that, there is absolutely nothing wrong with inquiring to the police to look into something you personally feel could be a scam

I see how your magazine could be a scam, should I file a police report, just in case?  That would be ridiculous, and borderline harassment.

I feel like you are defending him because of concerns about your magazine's brand, but you would feel differently if you weren't preparing to do business with him.
chsados

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 08:46:21 PM

@zhoutong thanks for answering some questions. Can you show us some paperwork on bitcoinica.com, like company registration with the local authorities, and your position in the company ? Contract or similar will do, you can blackout very sensitive information.

Can you do the same for your "business" Huh

indeed but that would be only for my person, as i don't have a company. please keep on topic dude

do it..

you have been asked multiple times, yet wont do it!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 08:52:38 PM

@zhoutong thanks for answering some questions. Can you show us some paperwork on bitcoinica.com, like company registration with the local authorities, and your position in the company ? Contract or similar will do, you can blackout very sensitive information.

indeed but that would be only for my person, as i don't have a company. please keep on topic dude

do it..

Dude, give the man a break, it's not easy to get €300 to have a registered company, mind you...
chsados

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 08:55:21 PM

Someone help me understand.

I see some people here raving against the OP; to some extend even the same people that accuse(d) Butterfly Labs from running a scam and (rightfully) demanding correct information about the company's registration, legal status, location, contact data etc. Some even going so far as putting a bounty on pictures or video of the people behind the alleged scam. Butterfly lab at that time probably held less than a few $1000 of customers money, all of which was protected by paypal policy anyway.

Then we have Bitcoinica, a financial service provider which holds significantly larger sums of money and btcs with zero customer protection and operating in a legal vacuum. All we know about the company is .. nothing (afaik), other than a pseudonym of the guy running it. Its not even disclosed what country its operating from, what legal status the company, if any, has, nothing. Not even the name!

I dont know, but demanding such information is absolutely the right thing to do IMO. If said company is not forth coming with that info, I see no harm in pursuing legal options to ensure Bitcoinica's customers at the very least know who to sue if something goes terribly wrong.

I certainly hope no one here will have to thank paraipan one day for getting that info out, but its not exactly unthinkable. Have we learned nothing from mybitcoin.com?

my god man, have you not read this thread?  nobody disagrees with what you said above.  yes we expect bitcoinica to publish proper docs.  zhou has told us mulitple times it is coming very soon.  we are outraged in the manner OP has gone about it.

do it..

Dude, give the man a break, it's not easy to get €300 to have a registered company, mind you...

i dont actually expect him to, nor do i think he should.  im just trying to point out how hypocritical this guy is.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 09:00:07 PM

I see how your magazine could be a scam, should I file a police report, just in case?  That would be ridiculous, and borderline harassment.
If you think the magazine could be a scam, you should ask your police to check into it (unless you're someone like yourself or myself who would probably just check into it ourselves and maybe do a better job than the police).

I feel like you are defending him because of concerns about your magazine's brand, but you would feel differently if you weren't preparing to do business with him.
Not at all. I am thinking with a very clear head, and here's why:

Zhou Tong did the same thing parapipain is doing but to Cryptoxchange in a thread here, literally the same exact thing, and later apologized for it after I showed him the details and did the research myself. The only difference is that I cleaned that mess up and got the people he did it against to forgive him for potentially costing them business. I see this as just bad Karma for Zhou and a good reminder of how the price of Bitcoin affects people's emotions.

Forget what you think my reasoning is for defending this principle, and instead focus on this point: Paripipain is not a 'traitor' to bitcoin. If so, Zhou Tong is also a traitor himself.

Chew on that for a while.

teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 09:26:08 PM

Ahhhhhhh so Parapain has something to do with crypto exchange...

I see where this stupidity comes from...

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
chsados

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 09:32:34 PM

I see where this stupidity comes from...

how did you learn this?
RaggedMonk

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 09:46:04 PM

No. Zhou had suspicions about CryptoX which he raised in this forum when they first launched.  I agreed, the announcement was misleading, but they clarified and all was well.

This is the proper way to deal with this situation.

I consider raising suspicions in the forum and filling a complaint with the police to be whole different ballparks.
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 11:17:36 PM

No. Zhou had suspicions about CryptoX which he raised in this forum when they first launched.  I agreed, the announcement was misleading, but they clarified and all was well.

This is the proper way to deal with this situation.

I consider raising suspicions in the forum and filling a complaint with the police to be whole different ballparks.
+1
Clear heads agree
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 11:46:22 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2012, 12:04:50 AM by Otoh

Quote from: Otoh on Today at 22:59:28

Quote from: paraipan on Today at 22:52:17

Quote from: Otoh on Today at 22:50:59

Quote from: paraipan on Today at 22:23:00

Hi, sorry to bother, i will send you a copy of the complaint on bitcoinica where my name and last name is stated as promised. My email is redacted@gmail.com, what is yours, i will not use the forum messaging for this. Do you have an OTC market profile or just the forum account.
my otc is http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=paraipan

Waiting for your response, thanks

Hi, my email is otoh@hushmail.com
nope as yet I haven't made an OTC market profile
Thanks, Otoh

ok got it, anything else you may have to check on your reputation ?
you can check mine at http://paraipan.myopenid.com

I don't care to disclose any info, the offer to provide an unredacted copy of your denuncia came from you, so if you do so or not is up to you also, I shall check out if this document is filed publicly & if so I shall request a copy of the original

Cheers, Otoh

Ok, i'm not convinced really, you put up a while ago a SR account for sale, just checked up you post history, and give me a hushmail email.
I will send you a redacted copy where my names and last name show up only.

Otoh

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 11:59:46 PM

@Otoh great, i send it to you as requested so posting it here doesn't matter, it's already in the OP.
Do you mind removing my email from your post ?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 12:04:18 AM

@Otoh great, i send it to you as requested so posting it here doesn't matter, it's already in the OP.
Do you mind removing my email from your post ?

sure np

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
RaggedMonk

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 12:13:31 AM

I think paraipan's full name is Alexandru Bogdan Semenciuc, if it helps in trying to find the police report.
paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 01:41:31 AM

This is going out of hand, i'm locking this thread until further notice Undecided

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 01:45:59 PM

MtGox response:

Mt.Gox Support, Feb 20 12:24 (JST):
Hello,

Our apologies for the delay in response due to the weekend. Thank you very much for the heads up. We will keep this in mind. According to our new Terms of Service, all of our users are now supposed to comply with AML regulations and we are a legally registered company. We are now working on obtaining a financial service license from the Japanese FSA. Thank you very much for your continued support to Mt.Gox.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: