Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:00:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRO] PAYPROCOIN  (Read 138140 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
paypropool.com

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:26:37 AM

so whats going down on our coin here? i quit mining a bit ago just pondering hitting it again?

Come mine at PayProPool!

High performance, load balanced mining farm
PROP (proportional) pool system. Equal payout for equal shares.
Fast payouts after 32 confirmations
Automatic miner difficulty adjustments each 30s
Professional data center and responsive admins
Low 0.5% fee : supports pool operations and development

http://paypropool.com

We just gave 100 PRO to each mining address at our pool!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PayProCoin (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:49:54 PM

@PayProCoin

https://twitter.com/PayProCoin
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:54:20 PM

so whats going down on our coin here? i quit mining a bit ago just pondering hitting it again?

Come mine at PayProPool!

I was wondering where that came from  Smiley

paypropool.com

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:58:13 PM

Come mine at PayProPool!

I was wondering where that came from  Smiley

.... shall we do it again?

SHossain

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:16:46 PM

YES Please!!!
PayProCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:24:22 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT 1:

After weeks of negotiations, we are excited to announce that PayProCoin have struck a deal with a well known gift card company to allow us to ...

• Add a PayProCoin wallet with every digital card purchased
  • Add a PayProCoin paper wallet with every physical card purchased

On either occasion PayProCoin will add a small faucet amount to the wallet and a link to our PayProGift website (to be ann).
Also the card sender will be able to add funds to the wallet easily.

We expect this service to be available to the public before this Christmas and will announce the launch of PayProGift on this thread in the very near future.

Our partner in this service has requested it is allowed to announce the service officially and publicly when the service is up and running later this year.

ANNOUNCEMENT 2:

PayProCoin is also pleased to announce the start of our college and university project on Friday 11th July 2014.
Students and teachers will be able to register themselves and their schools for inclusion to the projects first event this Christmas.
paypropool.com

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:47:11 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT 1:

After weeks of negotiations, we are excited to announce that PayProCoin have struck a deal with a well known gift card company to allow us to ...

On either occasion PayProCoin will add a small faucet amount to the wallet and a link to our PayProGift website (to be ann).

We expect this service to be available to the public before this Christmas and will announce the launch of PayProGift on this thread in the very near future.

Our partner in this service has requested it is allowed to announce the service officially and publicly when the service is up and running later this year.

ANNOUNCEMENT 2:

PayProCoin is also pleased to announce the start of our college and university project on Friday 11th July 2014.
Students and teachers will be able to register themselves and their schools for inclusion to the projects first event this Christmas.

Congratulations Darren on these achievements.  Your track record makes us easily optimistic that you will hit all of the targets on your PRO roadmap.
Cheers!

notsoshifty

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:17:30 PM

Quote from the bittrex delist thread:

Are you really trying to get out on this technicality? Should we conclude you are incompetent, or outright scammers?

Every 64 years a bug in the block halving code will cause another 290 million coins to be mined. This bug has already been fixed in Bitcoin (despite it not affecting that coin for another 200+ years) and can clearly be fixed in PayPro very easily. Without a fix, the total number of coins is not 8 billion, it is infinite (with obvious caveats about 64 bit storage of numbers). With a fix, the total number of coins is not 8 billion, it is 290 million.

I ask again, what is your basis for stating that the total number of coins is 8 billion? If 8 billion total, what is the expected number of coins as a function of time (or block number), and why isn't that reflected in the code?

Im the CEO, not a programmer - but with your second explanation i understand what you are trying to get across better.

Our head dev came with outstanding references which we checked and his work has been faultless on every project we give him and his team.
When we set the volume I was assured there would be no problem and after you brought this issue up before... was assured again there is no issue.

If there is something you did not understand when speaking directly to our developer I would be more than happy to set up a 3 way meeting as suggested earlier.

If you decline this offer, I will still put your posts here to him and post my findings.

Kind Regards
Darren

To be honest, my only issue is the disagreement between the code and the communication coming from the PayPro team, rather than a lack of understanding of the code (which is quite clear). In the interests of transparency and full disclosure of information to investors / potential investors, I'd rather keep discussions on a public forum rather than a private meeting. But yes, please post the findings either here or a less heavily moderated thread that the main PayPro one.

Do you have any feedback from the head developer yet on this point about the total number of coins?

ctya

Activity: 297
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:51:02 PM

Quote from the bittrex delist thread:

Are you really trying to get out on this technicality? Should we conclude you are incompetent, or outright scammers?

Every 64 years a bug in the block halving code will cause another 290 million coins to be mined. This bug has already been fixed in Bitcoin (despite it not affecting that coin for another 200+ years) and can clearly be fixed in PayPro very easily. Without a fix, the total number of coins is not 8 billion, it is infinite (with obvious caveats about 64 bit storage of numbers). With a fix, the total number of coins is not 8 billion, it is 290 million.

I ask again, what is your basis for stating that the total number of coins is 8 billion? If 8 billion total, what is the expected number of coins as a function of time (or block number), and why isn't that reflected in the code?

Im the CEO, not a programmer - but with your second explanation i understand what you are trying to get across better.

Our head dev came with outstanding references which we checked and his work has been faultless on every project we give him and his team.
When we set the volume I was assured there would be no problem and after you brought this issue up before... was assured again there is no issue.

If there is something you did not understand when speaking directly to our developer I would be more than happy to set up a 3 way meeting as suggested earlier.

If you decline this offer, I will still put your posts here to him and post my findings.

Kind Regards
Darren

To be honest, my only issue is the disagreement between the code and the communication coming from the PayPro team, rather than a lack of understanding of the code (which is quite clear). In the interests of transparency and full disclosure of information to investors / potential investors, I'd rather keep discussions on a public forum rather than a private meeting. But yes, please post the findings either here or a less heavily moderated thread that the main PayPro one.

Do you have any feedback from the head developer yet on this point about the total number of coins?

Are you really trolling about a halving bug that won't affect the coin for years?
The source code is constantly being developed and patches will make their way into the code as priorities permit.

Calling someone a scammer because their posted software repository has an irrelevant bug really isn't fair.
Point out the bug in a PM and give him a chance to patch it before it causes problems.  For this particular bug, the problem would not arise until much later than now.

notsoshifty

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:07:37 PM

Are you really trolling about a halving bug that won't affect the coin for years?
The source code is constantly being developed and patches will make their way into the code as priorities permit.

Calling someone a scammer because their posted software repository has an irrelevant bug really isn't fair.
Point out the bug in a PM and give him a chance to patch it before it causes problems.  For this particular bug, the problem would not arise until much later than now.

No, I'm not. You can find the full conversation in the bittrex thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=635824.msg7740789#msg7740789).

I'm calling out the PayPro development team on their claim that the total number of coins is 8 billion, and the premine of 80 million is a reasonable 1% of this, whereas the source code clearly shows that the total number of coins will be 290 million, with the premine of 80 million being over 27% of this. Darren stated he would check with the head developer about this discrepancy.

The halving bug (which means there is no limit to the number of coins mined) would clearly be fixed long before it had any impact, and so is not relevant to the point in question. For all practical purposes, the maximum number of coins with the current codebase is 290 million.

EDIT: my question "Are you really trying to get out on this technicality? Should we conclude you are incompetent, or outright scammers?" was due to Darren's response at one point of "If your stating that 'without limit' ... then 8 billion coins must be reachable?" as if the halving bug someone justifies the claim that the total number of coins is 8 billion.
ctya

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:47:34 PM

Point out the bug in a PM and give him a chance to patch it before it causes problems.  For this particular bug, the problem would not arise until much later than now.

No, I'm not. You can find the full conversation in the bittrex thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=635824.msg7740789#msg7740789).

I'm calling out the PayPro development team on their claim that the total number of coins is 8 billion, and the premine of 80 million is a reasonable 1% of this, whereas the source code clearly shows that the total number of coins will be 290 million, with the premine of 80 million being over 27% of this. Darren stated he would check with the head developer about this discrepancy.

The halving bug (which means there is no limit to the number of coins mined) would clearly be fixed long before it had any impact, and so is not relevant to the point in question. For all practical purposes, the maximum number of coins with the current codebase is 290 million.

EDIT: my question "Are you really trying to get out on this technicality? Should we conclude you are incompetent, or outright scammers?" was due to Darren's response at one point of "If your stating that 'without limit' ... then 8 billion coins must be reachable?" as if the halving bug someone justifies the claim that the total number of coins is 8 billion.

But we can't grant your premise because it is complete contradicting in two statements:

First, you are saying that there is a total of 290 Million through block 630000 after which no coins can be mined.
Next you admit that there is a bug in the code which does not prevent the mining to continue after block 630000.

So you are correct that the halving bug does indeed exist in PayProCoin and does not exist in Bitcoin.
You are not correct about the subsidy count because there is still plenty of time left in the coin to fix the end date of mining, which was announced in the OP as decades.
We are all certain that the code updates that follow between now and decades will allow us to mine Billions of coins as stated in the OP.

So you will just have to wait to find out about the dev team's production efforts.  But calling them a scam or incompetent based on something that may or may not occur years from now is quite unfair.

I will add that based on Darren's professionalism so far on this forum and everywhere else on the planet, you sound like a crazy person when you throw such weak scam accusations.

The next sound you heard will be the rest of this forum clicking the ignore link under your profile.

poppys

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:51:18 PM

The autism is strong with this one.
notsoshifty

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:53:39 PM

But we can't grant your premise because it is complete contradicting in two statements:

First, you are saying that there is a total of 290 Million through block 630000 after which no coins can be mined.
Next you admit that there is a bug in the code which does not prevent the mining to continue after block 630000.

So you are correct that the halving bug does indeed exist in PayProCoin and does not exist in Bitcoin.
You are not correct about the subsidy count because there is still plenty of time left in the coin to fix the end date of mining, which was announced in the OP as decades.
We are all certain that the code updates that follow between now and decades will allow us to mine Billions of coins as stated in the OP.

So you will just have to wait to find out about the dev team's production efforts.  But calling them a scam or incompetent based on something that may or may not occur years from now is quite unfair.

I will add that based on Darren's professionalism so far on this forum and everywhere else on the planet, you sound like a crazy person when you throw such weak scam accusations.

The next sound you heard will be the rest of this forum clicking the ignore link under your profile.

First off, let's ignore the halving bug. It would certainly be fixed long before it becomes an issue, and so is almost totally irrelevant.

The important points are:
 - The development team claims that the maximum number of coins is 8 billion, and that the premine of 80 million is 1% of this
 - Ignoring the halving bug, the code clearly shows that the maximum number of coins is 290 million, and the premine would be 27% of this. If we weren't to ignore the halving bug for some reason, then the number of coins has no limit.

I am not calling the team scammers. I am instead asking them to explain why they state that the maximum number of coins is 8 billion, when according to the code it is actually 290 million (or infinity, with the bug not fixed).
notsoshifty

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:55:20 PM

Is it not relevant that the premine is claimed as being 1%, but actually appears to be 27%? I don't see why Darren can't explain how the figure of 1% is reached, i.e. how the figure of 8 billion total coins is reached, when the code shows a maximum of 290 million coins (or infinity, if the bug isn't fixed, which it clearly would be).
ctya

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:56:09 PM

First off, let's ignore the halving bug. It would certainly be fixed long before it becomes an issue, and so is almost totally irrelevant.

The important points are:
 - The development team claims that the maximum number of coins is 8 billion, and that the premine of 80 million is 1% of this
 - Ignoring the halving bug, the code clearly shows that the maximum number of coins is 290 million, and the premine would be 27% of this. If we weren't to ignore the halving bug for some reason, then the number of coins has no limit.

I am not calling the team scammers. I am instead asking them to explain why they state that the maximum number of coins is 8 billion, when according to the code it is actually 290 million (or infinity, with the bug not fixed).

You are again contradicting yourself.

You say you are not calling the team scammers, but quoting yourself as writing "Should we conclude you are incompetent, or outright scammers?"

ctya

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:57:31 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT 1:

ANNOUNCEMENT 2:

Very exciting progress Darren and team.
Keep up this great work!

ctya

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:04:32 PM

Is it not relevant that the premine is claimed as being 1%, but actually appears to be 27%? I don't see why Darren can't explain how the figure of 1% is reached, i.e. how the figure of 8 billion total coins is reached, when the code shows a maximum of 290 million coins (or infinity, if the bug isn't fixed, which it clearly would be).

I simply can't take the bait and argue your faulty premise.
The present code does not prevent present day mining at the agreed rate.
The OP spells out the 8 Billions and that is the agreement.
Surely the code will be consistently updated to meet this agreement when necessary.  Just as Darren will have developers update the code to meet his other business objectives when necessary.

Now stop being ridiculous, please.
OMALLEY-CRYPTO

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 09:49:59 PM

Premine seems to be an issue, Why is notsoshifty veiwing from a negitive angle... He says even him self that it could, how it is now end up with an infinate number of coins.  So I can mearly assume his mind, instantantly latched on to the easiest caculaction avalable(not saying easy in terms of simple).  You assume the patch that will be added will be the same as the patch used on Bitcoin!  It appears correct the code at this stage is not consistant with the Dev team statements.  Saying that, the amount of time to sort the issue, an the knowlege that the knowlege to do so, is out there.  Kind of makes your concerns negligible at this stage of the coins overall developement!  Maybe worth looking out to see if a fix has been applied closer to the time the issue is expected, if it is really that important to you. Granted you do know what you are talking about and you have been around for a while, but please don't mis-use your knowlege to slam others, maybe   Roll Eyes  
PayProCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:31:13 PM

Official Statement

REF : Max Coins

As some of the community are aware there are accusations that our launch statement declaration of 8 billion coins max and our source code do not match.

I have spoken in brief to our head developer today and he re-assured me that this is not the case and that he would respond to the thread.

I have asked him NOT to respond until we have had a proper discussion in terms that I would understand and that I would make an accurate statement thereafter.

As the CEO I must look objectively at situations, consult and act accordingly.

Should the code NOT reflect our launch statement then there are several options available to rectify this.

But for now it is important that I am in possession of ALL the facts.

Kind Regards
Darren Palmer
CEO

paypropool.com

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:33:24 PM

YES Please!!!

Within the next three hours after this post, we will be giving free PRO to all mining addresses on our pool.

PayProPool.com

0.5% fee : supports pool operations and development
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: