Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:55:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRO] PAYPROCOIN  (Read 138140 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PayProCoin (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:49:06 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 03:35:49 PM by PayProCoin

As a new investor, I have some questions and suggestions, before I am confident to invest more.

The launch statement seems to be cluttered with a lot of irrelevant information which makes it hard to find the relevant stuff (like, it still talks about pre-launch, about when ICO will be available etc), might wanna clean it up?

And might want better visibility for points such as:

It claims adoption as a method of payment is the main attraction of PayProCoin - where is it accepted so far and what is being done to make the adoption spread more, who will be next?

What are the innovations PayProCoin brings to the crypto market where many choices between various different currencies exist?

What is something that PayProCoin can be used for, that no other currency can?

https://www.instant-bitcoins.com/order_payprocoin.php page has a "Last checked at
16-07-2014 12:05" statement - what does that mean exactly? Also there's a "Best price" note there, which is far from the truth, when on the exchanges people are selling PRO for under 100 satoshis and nobody is buying them?

Where is a wallet for Linux OS?

Why was there a need for premine AND an ICO? How is just one of those not enough?

What is the address premine coins are kept in? You said it was going to be public, but I can't find it?

Where is a report of how much Bitcoin was earned through ICO and how exactly, in details, the funds are being allocated and spent?

You are the owner of instant-bitcoins, but over there you pretend to be a "partner" of PayProCoin, why is that?

The marketing website which as I understand is also promoting PRO, has no mention of PayProCoin on it and it also looks very incomplete and amateurish, are they even promoting PRO anywhere? Maybe you want someone else to promote PRO?

Linking to instant-bitcoins.com looks bad when all it seems to do is sell PRO at over 50 times the market price...

Also, why hand-drawn icons? That style doesn't seem to fit the premise of the coin. Just my opinion.

And lastly, your signature seems to ask for donations to the faucet address, while you have a HUGE premine and ICO funds that would make sense to be used for that?

Transparency is essential, if you want people to take us seriously!

Basically you want me to recap on everything that has happened in the last month that is well documented in the thread!

The launch statement seems to be cluttered with a lot of irrelevant information which makes it hard to find the relevant stuff (like, it still talks about pre-launch, about when ICO will be available etc), might wanna clean it up?

Agreed, new investors should not have to search for information and as I stated in this thread only yesterday, a road map is to be published.

https://www.instant-bitcoins.com/order_payprocoin.php page has a "Last checked at
16-07-2014 12:05" statement - what does that mean exactly? Also there's a "Best price" note there, which is far from the truth, when on the exchanges people are selling PRO for under 100 satoshis and nobody is buying them?

Instant Bitcoins is free to sell and buy coins as and when it sees fit at prices it sets.... as is everyone.
Instant Bitcoins (UK) Limited is run by its share holders and not PayPro Coin investors.
PayProCoin was created by Instant Bitcons (UK) Limited but is owned by the coin holders.

Where is a wallet for Linux OS?

We currently do not have one. Anyone can request builds etc on this thread or by emailing dev@payprocoin.com

Why was there a need for premine AND an ICO? How is just one of those not enough?

The ICO is the premine coins sold before launch which helps fund the initial development of the coins.
The premine is for long term dev funds, bounties, projects.. as described in the launch statement.

What is the address premine coins are kept in? You said it was going to be public, but I can't find it?

The main addresses are clearly marked @ explorer.payprocoin.com
This is well advertised and documented.
At times we do need to update the addresses if coins are used as the addresses are altered by the source.

Where is a report of how much Bitcoin was earned through ICO and how exactly, in details, the funds are being allocated and spent?

The ICO only ran for a few days and was not properly advertised. The launch date was also shared with several other coins.
A total of 3 BTC was raised and was spent on the 5 servers we operate for PayProCoin, among other things!

You are the owner of instant-bitcoins, but over there you pretend to be a "partner" of PayProCoin, why is that?

I am the owner of Instant Bitcoins (UK) Limited.
I also own other companies!
Instant Bitcoins (UK) limited is a partner of PayProCoin!
PayProCoin is also partnering with several other companies.

The marketing website which as I understand is also promoting PRO, has no mention of PayProCoin on it and it also looks very incomplete and amateurish, are they even promoting PRO anywhere? Maybe you want someone else to promote PRO?

You going to have to tell me what website your talking about?

Linking to instant-bitcoins.com looks bad when all it seems to do is sell PRO at over 50 times the market price...

Instant Bitcoins has a single banner on the explorer website along with the exchanges.
Again, its a free market and anyone can sell at whatever price they wish.... you don't have to buy it!

And lastly, your signature seems to ask for donations to the faucet address, while you have a HUGE premine and ICO funds that would make sense to be used for that?

Many people has asked for the faucet address to thank our devs for work we have done for them among other things.
The funds go directly back to the community via faucets!
I really don't see your point.

Transparency is essential, if you want people to take us seriously!

Transparency is in abundance as shown throughout this thread... otherwise just ask!

I think most of your points seem to dance around the ICO / premine.
The coin clearly states at launch the volume and usage, giving people the option to buy-in or not.

Thank you for your interest and I hope I have been of some assistance,
Kind Regards
Darren Palmer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PayProCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:07:17 PM

@Nyterax

Please feel free to call, email or Skype me for information or reconstruct your questions.
Your questions are mainly constructed in a fashion to try and shed a bad light on this project or companies I own.

Kind Regards
Darren Palmer

Nyterax

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 04:30:52 PM

@Nyterax

Please feel free to call, email or Skype me for information or reconstruct your questions.
Your questions are mainly constructed in a fashion to try and shed a bad light on this project or companies I own.

Kind Regards
Darren Palmer

I would appreciate it if you answered my deleted questions in a PM, then.
I have no intentions to falsely accuse a project I have invested money into myself, that would make little sense, wouldn't it?
I just want clarification.

@Nyterax
BTC: 1McgGk69g82epdnxAdDQfMSXtUygZfL4vZ
PayProCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:47:42 PM

@Nyterax

Kind Regards
Darren Palmer

I have no intentions to falsely accuse a project I have invested money into myself, that would make little sense, wouldn't it?

Please email any questions to boss@payprocoin.com
I'll be happy to answer any questions.
I'm sorry I had to delete one of your posts but you must be aware of the implications you were implying by the way you constructed the questions!

Kind Regards
Darren Palmer
Nyterax

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 04:50:27 PM

@Nyterax

Kind Regards
Darren Palmer

I'm sorry I had to delete one of your posts but you must be aware of the implications you were implying by the way you constructed the questions!

Kind Regards
Darren Palmer
I prefer to use the forum for this so I will PM you the questions again, if you don't mind.

@Nyterax
BTC: 1McgGk69g82epdnxAdDQfMSXtUygZfL4vZ
abc333

Activity: 267

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:46:22 PM

@Nyterax

Kind Regards
Darren Palmer

Kind Regards
Darren Palmer
I prefer to use the forum for this so I will PM you the questions again, if you don't mind.
The best public discussion of problems.We also have the same doubt.

paypropool.com

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:13:46 AM

Just a quick note to let you know that we set up a cluster of PAYPROCOIN nodes for public access at our pool.

You can add us by using addnode=paypropool.com in your payprocoin.conf file or by simply typing 'addnode paypropool.com add' in the help-debug-console section of the wallet.

paypropool.com
ctya

Activity: 297
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:15:38 AM

Just a quick note to let you know that we set up a cluster of PAYPROCOIN nodes for public access at our pool.

You can add us by using addnode=paypropool.com in your payprocoin.conf file or by simply typing 'addnode paypropool.com add' in the help-debug-console section of the wallet.

paypropool.com

I used this node address and it worked for me.  On the MAC it was easiest to use the debug console.
On Linux, it was easiest to just type 'payprocoind addnode paypropool.com add' at the command line.

baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:16:19 AM

the main goals  is to be widely adopted as method of payment,
how long will be achieved?
PayProCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:16:27 AM

The PayProCoin development team has completed an update the PayProCoin source code.
This is not the final revision.  Rather it is a large undertaking of code revisions to the wallet and source which will enable us to complete other features in the near future.

A massive commit to the github repository was completed today to make this new base code available to all.

Binaries compiled for Linux, Mac and Windows are available at https://github.com/PayProCoin/PayProCoin/tree/master/binaries

Mining pools are encouraged to update as soon as possible to stay current with upcoming features.

Also this update does not address the mining subsidy issue, but we do expect to have a resolution that will allow mining of billions of coins soon too.
PayProCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:27:37 AM

@Nyterax

Kind Regards
Darren Palmer

Kind Regards
Darren Palmer
The best public discussion of problems.We also have the same doubt.

What doubt would that be?
paypropool.com

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:28:52 AM

http://i59.tinypic.com/23rwzk4.png

The PayProCoin development team has completed an update the PayProCoin source code.
This is not the final revision.  Rather it is a large undertaking of code revisions to the wallet and source which will enable us to complete other features in the near future.

A massive commit to the github repository was completed today to make this new base code available to all.

Binaries compiled for Linux, Mac and Windows are available at https://github.com/PayProCoin/PayProCoin/tree/master/binaries

Mining pools are encouraged to update as soon as possible to stay current with upcoming features.

Also this update does not address the mining subsidy issue, but we do expect to have a resolution that will allow mining of billions of coins soon too.

Nice job Devs.
PayProPool.com will start updating our nodes immediately and we don't expect any downtime.
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:36:40 AM

So this is basically a clone of litecoin in a way but with a more active dev team? I thought SHA-256 was a nono lately.
PayProCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:37:36 AM

the main goals  is to be widely adopted as method of payment,
how long will be achieved?

You are correct.
To do this we need to ensure the infrastructure is in place.
We enjoyed our 1st month birthday yesterday and we have already come along way.
However, we will probably be looking at the end of the year to start achieving tasks that demand this volume of admin and developer man power.

PayProCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:42:40 AM

So this is basically a clone of litecoin in a way but with a more active dev team? I thought SHA-256 was a nono lately.

Because?
HasHe

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:46:44 AM

Not hating, like your coin and enthusiasm. Just as far as I know, theres not much innovation in sha-256 that can be done ~.~. But then again, I dont know anything. x) will be watching!
PayProCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:53:06 AM

Not hating, like your coin and enthusiasm. Just as far as I know, theres not much innovation in sha-256 that can be done ~.~. But then again, I dont know anything. x) will be watching!

There's a lot of hype over the X? source atm and much controversy.
We decided that the tried and tested sha-256 would be a solid platform to base PayProCoin on.

HasHe

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:06:32 AM

cant seem to buy any on coinswap :|
paypropool.com

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:08:09 AM

http://i59.tinypic.com/23rwzk4.png

PayProPool.com has completed all server node updates and happy to be running 100% on version 0.9.2 for the entire mining farm.

psychocoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:09:30 AM

Hey Darren, I have sent you a private message with a tempting business proposal that all stakeholders of PayProCoin could soon benefit from.

Win up to $200 every hour in BTC and DOGE! Trade MOTO, MIN, and other alts on C-CEX!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: