Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:01:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New 400 BTC Bounty Pales Roger Ver's 37.6 BTC Bounty for Return of Stolen BTC  (Read 18341 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 06:05:30 PM

Phinnaeus just one question:

How can you prove that the BTC is yours? I have not seen signed transaction from the originating address in any of your many rants about this and, it's not that I don't believe you, but I am slightly surprised that you havn't volunteered this as it seems to be the sort of evidence you might call for yourself if the shoe was on the other foot...?

Anyway, good luck either way.

That's exactly the center of the question discussed publicly in french meetup.
No one have seen this proof...

I don't understand why phinnaeus would pay 400BTC for 50K$, but I can write the agreement with him and make the deal

Davout will send to trusted escrow 50K$ (in dollard or BTC)
Phinnaeus will send to escrow 400 BTC

when escrow have both, he will send me 400 BTC and send Phinnaeus is 50K$

I will then send 300 BTC to Davout

We will all waive the right to terminate this agreement and to all actions regarding the instawallet service

My english is king of crappy, but you will have a real agreement translating this in good english by an international lawyer speaking flawless english  Smiley

Phinnaeus never said he would pay a 400 BTC bounty for 50k. Read post number 29 again. He said he would pay a 400 BTC bounty if he recovers the entire 1100+ BTC, and would pay a 1k bounty if he recovered 50k.

Honestly, it's a bit unrealistic to expect to retrieve over 1100 BTC. I suspect he should be going after the fiat value of the coins at the time they were stolen, which was probably ~50k.

As I've tried to clarified in re. the $50K deal (at the time), anybody acting as a liaison is more then welcome to anything over and beyond that said amount I was willing to settle for, albeit it's now $100K, seeing that these fuckers are going all out to hide their tracks, making my claim more valid, thus worth more.

If somebody close to Team Paymium's camp is able to convince them to settle, then they would be paid whatever they can get from Paymium over and beyond what I'm currently asking for, of which I have a feeling that sum may go up even higher as I dig further. Depending on when and how much I finally recognize, I may be inclined to toss an added bone toward any liaison's way for their gallant efforts to further fatten their wallet with what Paymium may dole out.

~Bruno Kucinskas
mangodream

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:08:16 PM

What is it about FRENCH GUYS and Bitcoin?

Karpeles, those Dealco guys out of HK, now these scammers

French Bitcoiner = AVOID
The fucking French are a fucking nightmare.  Do not do any deals with French.  This is the only way they know how to profit because they have ZERO technical ability.

What, 'muricans are too dumb so they always get fucked by frenchies Grin ?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 06:08:37 PM

Like I said if I was Davout, I would pay out the 50K and make a public notice that PG (just like other members) was refunded some of the lost money from the InstaWallet hack.

Like I said, Davout has accepted the deal I proposed here, so let see if OP will honor is bounty

I'm available here or by PM to write agreement in the stone

I have a lawyer available to settle the agreement, that I will pay on my part of the Bounty.

I highly doubt davout is going to come through. But hey lets wait n see.

Davout is ready to give 50000$ to get 300btc, but Phinnaeus is not going to accept sardokan's deal.

That's a good one. I pay davout 300 BTC, then he pays me $50K USD outta that, over and beyond the 1,132 BTC he stole from me. And he I thought since I was a kid that Frencies had tiny balls.  Roll Eyes
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 06:11:13 PM

This deal is retarded.

I concur! I was a tad tired when I penned, but was being realistic too, and would have stood by it till I learnt that Lemon Way deleted the one post that could incriminate them, now the deal is no less than $100K USD, not as retarded... but still.

~Bruno Kucinskas
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:12:26 PM

I personnaly think that if phinneas have proof, he should start immediatly an action in justice. If he don't, we have nothing to know the truth.

If Phin knows the BTC are his AND other party knows the BTC are Phin's AND Phin knows other party knows AND there is no proof, what is Phin's recourse?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:15:55 PM

roger ver is the exact reason why i wouldn't want to be broadcasting myself as some bitcoin millionaire.. but i can't blame him if he wants to do some startups, and people start noticing him. all i'm saying is i rather stay in the background if possible.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 06:25:42 PM

Phinnaeus just one question:

How can you prove that the BTC is yours? I have not seen signed transaction from the originating address in any of your many rants about this and, it's not that I don't believe you, but I am slightly surprised that you havn't volunteered this as it seems to be the sort of evidence you might call for yourself if the shoe was on the other foot...?

Anyway, good luck either way.

That's exactly the center of the question discussed publicly in french meetup.
No one have seen this proof...

I don't understand why phinnaeus would pay 400BTC for 50K$, but I can write the agreement with him and make the deal

Davout will send to trusted escrow 50K$ (in dollard or BTC)
Phinnaeus will send to escrow 400 BTC

when escrow have both, he will send me 400 BTC and send Phinnaeus is 50K$

I will then send 300 BTC to Davout

We will all waive the right to terminate this agreement and to all actions regarding the instawallet service

My english is king of crappy, but you will have a real agreement translating this in good english by an international lawyer speaking flawless english  Smiley

I highly doubt the 400 btc bounty would apply to a settlement of 50k.

edit: nevermind what I just wrote above this was just dealt with.

On the main topic:

It's bs if they're claiming he doesn't have proof.

He has the urls, the exact btc amounts, they can check the logs for ips ect. In this case that's all more than enough because with instawallet having the url is equivalent to have a private key. If he has these urls it's effectively the same as having ownership of the wallet. Especially when you can combine it with other evidence.

But davout, acting as InstaWallet's independent auditor, claims no such wallet addresses exist associated with the URLs he was keenly aware of prior to the "hack". When InstaWallet came back online, I, among others, was not seeing the entire page, with wallets IDs missing. That was ture with all three of my URL wallets, but the lesser one https://www.instawallet.org/w/sMceOus2wYrDVAHxA5BssBwB7kgDqC9r4Q containing 0.835 BTC mysteriously started to include the wallet address after I brought it up and shown proof that the wallet address was public record. Then, for some reason, two foreign claims were made against it that held my refund up, of which I believe was Paymium's plan. I resubmitted all three claims in Oct., Nov., and Dec. It wasn't until I started another ruckus on this forum did davout take the time to finally contact me via email late last December to somehow get a handle on this. I firmly believe that at the time I was going to get reunited with my bitcoins, but I was mistaken, for davout kicked all three claims to the curb, all three have the same IP associated with them.

It wasn't until I had to go step-by-step via email to show davout that the 0.835 BTC URL wallet was indeed mine, reshowing him proof for the 4th/5th time before he allowed it to be returned.

The last transaction of that URL wallet doesn't even coincide with what actually transpired, i.e. the last BTC I sent out from it for, ironically, a bounty.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 06:28:20 PM

I hope that 400BTC is incentive enough for you to catch this guy...i really do.

That's the objective, along with draggin' their not-so-good name further through the mud the longer they take to refund me. I can now clearly see why they act like assholes - because it's fun. And now I'm having the time of my life.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 06:31:22 PM

I don't know what's your claim really for. Roger offers a bounty because he doesn't even know who the hacker is. However, you know who's holding your bitcoin. Just use the 400BTC to pay a lawyer to sue them, or pay whoever to do whatever you want

He very likely doesn't have the 400 btc and the 400 btc are going to be coming out of the 1132 btc or whatever that Davout has.

This is more interesting then the average bitcoin theft/scam whatever, because the accused still participates in the community and apparently is continuing to do so with no ill effects.

Unless there are pieces of the puzzle I'm missing here that paint Davout in a better light. Because it looks pretty bad so far. But we've only heard one side of the story(which is somewhat telling).

I specifically remember when instawallet shut down and the owners were saying on this forum something along the lines of 'relax, everyone who was not affected by the address leak will be repaid'. And it's been a very long period of complete silence as far as I can tell. Has there been any progress at all, or even communication?

The last statement Paymium said on the matter pertaining to the ~20K users still awaiting payouts is that the next payout was going to be in June.

FUCK ME! I just looked at a calendar and you guys ain't goin' to believe what month is it, but take a guess nonetheless. Hint: It starts with J.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 06:34:48 PM

Bounty is quite clear for me. Whatever the means, if Phinnaeus Gage get its 1132btc back, the bounty will be given to the one who did the necessary for that.

400btc is so much money, that everything could happen, and it could ends badly for people related to the case.

And, I will do every motherfuckin' thing in my power to make sure it doesn't end happy for Paymium and their principals and employees, along with any entity that associates with them, including Lemon Way and Gilett or any other VC having more money then brains that backs them. I WILL dig them a new asshole.

That said, Paymium best hurry up, for I'm dying to make this an even uglier mess.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:49:17 PM

I think you take the issue by the wrong end.

You should try to find evidences. I know Davout a little bit, and attacking him won't turn is mind.

I'm pretty sure that if you have more consistant hint, you will be fully refunded.

I'm thinking.

In the irc quote you posted, maybe I spoted a way to found evidence.

I have to think more and will offer you and Davout a deal.

Will you help me help you both found evidence and be the one abble to intermediate between you both?

The onus should be on Davout to provide the means for an independent evaluation of Bruno's claims.

Why state you are going to have an auditor(or the originally intended auditors) and then either not actually have one, or have someone audit and then release absolutely no results?

Am I going crazy or is this not shady as fuck? I can't be the only one here who thinks this is ridiculous?

Either way I hope both Bruno and Davout take you up on your offer to help find evidence.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 07:17:42 PM

Because he said he would?

Let me explain more deeply

whithout proof, If I go find Davout To have a thousand BTC, the only solution I have is steal them from him

Once I would have stolen a thousand BTC, why the hell would I want to give 6 hundreds to someone else after having done the bad bad job (I won't steal, it's just to make a picture)

He has the urls, the exact btc amounts, they can check the logs for ips ect. In this case that's all more than enough because with instawallet having the url is equivalent to have a private key. If he has these urls it's effectively the same as having ownership of the wallet. Especially when you can combine it with other evidence.

If the URLs was leaked, where is the proof this belong to him

I also have the URL and amount, does this make me owner of the wallet ?

Davout don't have said anything publicly that I'm aware of on this subject, but what is said in the french community is Phinneas ask a refund but as no transaction ID.

that's something I have also read on this topic.

I personnaly think that if phinneas have proof, he should start immediatly an action in justice. If he don't, we have nothing to know the truth.

What transaction ID am I suppose to have when Paymium deleted the wallet address from generated URL pages?

https://www.instawallet.org/w/rL2DhMWW9tDvs24oFwtiq99zhh7A3ii6bg
https://www.instawallet.org/w/gZh1afVVl5aAtjNwXo0BiYChTxjwln33ab

Paid in full: https://www.instawallet.org/w/sMceOus2wYrDVAHxA5BssBwB7kgDqC9r4Q

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/instawallet.org

With ~20K claims yet to processed and next payout in June, the above is what InstaWallet customers are currently met with, in spite of the below.

InstaWallet's claim thread is locked, hence: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167215.msg6015535#msg6015535

The URL you reported matches no such walllet.
In order to look into it deeper I requested some more information about the wallet : public address, blockchain-related information etc.

You weren't even able to point me to one, or a set of, transactions funding said wallet that would total to the amount you claim.
Such information might have been a first step and allow us to check for its existence.
I invested a reasonable amount of time in trying to help you, but as far as our data goes this wallet does not exist.

For the record, our server hard-drives were given to law-enforcement when our complaint was filed, if I remember correctly you were given a copy of the receipt.
We're not "hiding" anything, neither are we "covering our tracks".

The next payout is scheduled for the beginning of june, I'll post more information here whenever it is available and if applicable.

In re. the bolded text above, the following...

My settlement will now be a minimum of $100K USD via BTC, NO LONGER ONLY $50K USD via BTC.

You now fuckin' tell me these fucks at Paymium and Lemon Way have nothing to hide.

https://twitter.com/lemonway/status/316873425778012160

https://twitter.com/lemonway

There is no motherfuckin' way in hell that Lemon Way would have a reason to delete their tweet requesting where they - Sebastien Burlet - could obtain bitcoins three days prior to the InstaWallet "hack" unless they are in on Paymium's scheme.

If the tweet was nothing but mundane, then why delete it after it's been up for over a year, but rid it only after I brought attention to it about a month back? By all accounts, I shouldn't be on Lemon Ways RADAR, but I guess I am, either via their own eyes or from Paymium, et al.

I suggest that Paymium best get this episode behind them ASAP, otherwise ANY plans they have in France or the European theatre pertaining to Bitcoin is going Bye-Bye, and that's not a threat. By the time I get done with you assholes, you'll pay out more than 1,132 BTC equivalent to your French lawyers to defend the charges I'll continue to make via the various internet options at my disposal, and I'll use my real name when I do such. Not to mention the moneys you're going to lose over and beyond lawyer fees. And, I almost forgot to mention future VC funding of the likes of Galitt.

https://angel.co/paymium

https://angel.co/galitt/followers

http://bensonsamuel.com/bitcoin-3/bitcoin-goes-to-cartes-2012-paymiums-newest-offering/

Pierre Noizat

These days, we are actively preparing the “Cartes 2012″ trade show where we are exhibitors on the Galitt booth (Galitt is an investor in Paymium with over 20 years of payments expertise).

We will be introducing our “Paytunia” app (web and mobile) in its “multicurrency” version: Payments in Euro are processed through the Bitcoin network.

Merchants using “Paytunia Pro” can accept payments from Paytunia app users and/or from Bitcoiners using any other “Bitcoin-enabled” payment app.

Merchants do not need to display prices in Bitcoin because Paytunia Pro will calculate the equivalent Bitcoin amount from a price denominated in Euro.

Paytunia Pro provides merchants with the benefits of using Bitcoin (easy set up, no chargebacks, low fees, immediate payments, regardless of a customer’s country of residence) without the need to display prices in Bitcoin (a difficult step to take for most merchants).

To roll out its new payment app to the consumer market, Paymium has signed an agreement with a banking partner.

Thanks to this agreement, funds deposited in Euro to Bitcoin-central or Paytunia will enjoy the same level of legal protection as any other bank account in France.

Paymium Offerings

Paymium has some of the most talked about products in the Mobile Bitcoin Space.

-          Paytunia – Bitcoin Wallet with cloud based storage. No download of Blockchain required. <GONE!>

-          Instawallet – Anonymous Bitcoin wallet. 1.3m wallets in existence at the time of writing this article. <GONE!>

-          Bitcoin-Central – Bitcoin Exchange

-          Instawire – Purchase Bitcoin directly via Wire Transfer <GONE!>

Paymium bridges the gap between legacy payment companies and the newer generation of Bitcoin companies by providing solutions for Consumers, Developers and Enterprise.

With Paytunia Pro, now allowing POS & Multi-Currency capabilities in EUROs, we can expect viral growth in the company as well.

With the financial backing of a payments veteran & exposure to CARTES, It would be great to watch the Paymium growth across Europe and the rest of the world.

Closing

Needless to say, Mobile wallets are a large area for Bitcoin to penetrate and Paymium seem to be getting it right on every count.

This is a tremendous victory for Bitcoin to be introduced at this massive Payments stage at CARTES.

No doubts that Paymium will be one of the stronger Bitcoin players going forward.

Must be nice to receive $400K USD in funding to back your 4 entities, of which only 1 entity remains - Bitcoin-Central - of which is backed by a bank named Lemon Way which inquired about how to obtain bitcoins via a tweet three days prior to InstaWallet's "hack" and only has some fuckin' app as their claim-to-fame. I guess one needs to be French to get in on this wonderful action.

Full Disclosure: I've only begun to dig into these lying pieces of shit, and can't wait to share with the world the dirt I'd uncover on these bastards.

Continue with your motherfuckin' lies, davout/David François, for they'll be your Waterloo (almost injected 'bane', but my hole-in-head brain kicked into high gear at the last second).

~Bruno Kucinskas

It ain't goin' to take much for me to add another $50K USD to the bare minimum I'll accept in any settlement arrangement.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 07:30:21 PM

whithout proof, If I go find Davout To have a thousand BTC, the only solution I have is steal them from him

Once I would have stolen a thousand BTC, why the hell would I want to give 6 hundreds to someone else after having done the bad bad job (I won't steal, it's just to make a picture)

We can imagine another story.
Suppose the bad guy is an honest one. I can't imagine how he could get BTC from davout without threatening him or doing illegal stuffs...
Even if "Bad guy" give back the money, it's certain that he'll will have a lot of problems with justice while the "backer" (I'm not sur it's the good word) will be drinking a Martini at home...

The best way is to sue Davout if he's the real thief.

I'm goin' for the throat, wishing/wanting Paymium to sue me first for libel and defamation of character, for they seem to have more than enough proof that what I've been claiming is nothing but falsehoods. Obviously, they have more info than I have, having deleted any records from their servers showing that my two URL wallets never existed, if I understand that being the case correctly.

Until then, the course of action I'm taking is to destroy their brand and anybody/anything associated with them. David, et al. may desire to be the Bitropolis of France, but when I get done, they be the Bitropolis of some jail cell with a cozy cellmates to boot, at worst, or shunned in France/Europe, at best, not even able to get VC funding for a busker tin, regardless of their singing abilities.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 07:34:15 PM

This is pretty interesting. And it's really funny how these hackers think they are hard asses but back down when the tables are turned on them. 20K in Bitcoin is a hefty sum to bring the guy back to his senses and make him back down.

It's now $100K USD due to Lemon Way deleting a mundane tweet asking where they could obtain bitcoins, when the answer was walking distance to Paymium's back door, a back door, I may add, that used to launder bitcoins.

I'm sure somewhere in France there's a DA getting a hard-on right about now. If not, there soon will be. Then again, maybe that's what Paymium desires so that they'll have a reason to lock down Bitcoin-Central. Hmmmmmmmmm!

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 07:40:34 PM

I understand what you are saying with the first point but some people would still give him his money out of a sense of justice. Maybe not many people. But some.

With the second point. If his urls were leaked then there should be blockchain evidence of someone removing the 1000++ btc away from addresses that are controlled by instawallet. It sounds like the wallets related to this event have ~1300 btc in them if I'm understanding Bruno's posts correctly.

Has Davout posted evidence of the 1000 btc wallet having that btc moved from the wallet before instawallet was shut down?

For first step, requesting a thief to stole money and have a sense of justice is a bit unrealistic. So I guess Phinneas is not looking for a thief. But whitout proof, who will do something? (except thiefs?)

I think the issue is no one knows what is the wallet, no one has blockchain transaction ID, that's why nothing moves. If you read the irc log, you clearly see that Davout says he has tried to identify the wallet, has searched the blockchain, but there is no sign of this wallet. And having transaction ID would have helped, but there is no.

From my point of view, I don't see any proof anywhere. I have no reason to believe Davout has stolen BTC.

I can easily pen at least three dozen lies davout, et al. has penned in the past pertaining to the infamous InstaWallet "hack", among other issues. Then I'll juxtapose them lies with what he has stated, that being that he personally looked for such-and-such, but to no avail. I feel so Goddamn bad that I messed up his two days worth of plans while my plans for hundreds of thousands of dollars remain in limbo for only a year now that I entrusted InstaWallet with, even champion their name at the time up to the "hack" that if one did occur, they orchestrated.

~Bruno Kucinskas
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:40:56 PM

Gavin Andresen (still have some trust for him)
FYI:

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 07:43:28 PM

i'm waiting for phinneaus to show up on -assets again, so i can pierce him a second butthole in front of everyone
HIRE SOME SERBS TO GET IT
Definitly made my day  Cheesy

Well, seems like a complex story with complex evidences.
Phinnaeus Gage , if those coins really belongs to you, I hope you'ill take them back and get davout recognized as a scammer.
If not, I hope davout will offer a counter bounty of 401 BTC to shut your mouth down for false accusations. ' Cause heh, reputation is everything in the small bitcoin ecosystem ..
Good luck to the truth teller among you guys  Wink

Reputation is everything, and I'm putting mine on the line with this quest, and at the same time destroying their venerable brand.
mangodream

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:44:20 PM

It's been a long time i haven't seen a thread with so much action

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 07:52:06 PM

I understand what you are saying with the first point but some people would still give him his money out of a sense of justice. Maybe not many people. But some.

With the second point. If his urls were leaked then there should be blockchain evidence of someone removing the 1000++ btc away from addresses that are controlled by instawallet. It sounds like the wallets related to this event have ~1300 btc in them if I'm understanding Bruno's posts correctly.

Has Davout posted evidence of the 1000 btc wallet having that btc moved from the wallet before instawallet was shut down?

For first step, requesting a thief to stole money and have a sense of justice is a bit unrealistic. So I guess Phinneas is not looking for a thief. But whitout proof, who will do something? (except thiefs?)

I think the issue is no one knows what is the wallet, no one has blockchain transaction ID, that's why nothing moves. If you read the irc log, you clearly see that Davout says he has tried to identify the wallet, has searched the blockchain, but there is no sign of this wallet. And having transaction ID would have helped, but there is no.

From my point of view, I don't see any proof anywhere. I have no reason to believe Davout has stolen BTC.

Yeah, it is unrealistic to assume someone is going to steal the btc. I was just addressing your hypothetical about the incentive for the person to give Bruno back his money rather than just keep it all for himself.

So after reading the chat log Davout claims that there is no address for two of the three that Bruno gave him. What was the point of having an audit if not to have the auditor as an impartial source do the searching themselves and make a statement reflected the lack of associated address. At this point it's just Davout's word saying there's nothing there versus Bruno's. For this amount of money there really should be an independent source confirming these things.

Regardless of whether Davout is guilty or he genuinely can not locate any funds related to any of the information given to him by Bruno, for Davout's own sake as a professional who obviously intends to continue his career in bitcoin, he should have these things confirmed independently. Personally, it would be my first priority to remove all doubt as to my involvement with Bruno's claim by having an audit. Otherwise you're only left with two possibilities, one being Davout being completely unable to find any link to Bruno's claimed funds, or an opportunistic theft where the evidence is completely controlled by Davout and there's no definitive way to determine guilt. Why make people wonder?

This is exactly what was asked of them directly after the "hack", but davout opted to withhold the name of any independent auditor for whatever fucked up reason, of which doesn't make sense. No motherfuckin' auditor is going to not want their good name out there, coupled with they know exact what to say and what not to say. Since no auditors were named, there simply weren't any, thus we've all been forced to take davout's word for ALL the events that happened, just like we were all forced to take Mark Kapeles' (David's friend) word for what was happening behind the scenes at Mt Gox. Guess what! Virtually none of Mark's words were true.

Now, I'm the one holding the key while I push these motherfuckers into a corner with few exits available to them. My biggest fear is that they're not that attached to Paymium, and am willing to let it go to the wayside, whereupon I hunt these fuckers down and attempt to destroy their next brand, along with any VC that funds them.

~Bruno Kucinskas
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:52:21 PM

Gavin Andresen (still have some trust for him)
FYI:

+1

That being said, a friend of mine once said "I don't even trust my own asshole".
When I asked why he replied: "I had attempted to fart once, but instead I shit myself".

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: