Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:04:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [FRAC] Fractalcoin | **Added to Cryptsy** | X11 | Slingshield | % fees  (Read 129683 times)
earlz

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 04:19:21 AM

Thank you for taking the time to respond Skunky, I appreciate it.

Here's the thing.  As we all know, there are a ton of altcoins out there.  Slingshield is what attracted me to this coin as it shows me the devs are capable of innovation.  And while innovative, it isn't going to cause widespread adoption of this coin.  Neither is advertising/marketing as there are hundreds of other altcoins out there trying to market their ways to the top.

What will drive adoption is innovation.  

As devs, the only thing you should be thinking about is how to make this an innovative coin; a coin that stands out from the rest.  If you do that, the community will build around you and take care of everything else.  If you focus on bounties and advertising and stuff like that, this coin will be left in the dust.

Look at my post history.  I'm not afraid to donate substantial amounts to bounties in support of innovative coins.  Look back far enough and you'll find a post by me where I donated 1000 DRK to someone for their work.

I see potential in Fractalcoin and you devs.  But if you're not coming up with software solutions to make this coin better, then you're not utilizing your talents.  And it is that talent that will make this a $xx,xxx,xxx coin.  Nothing else.

Yes, I am asking a lot from you guys.  But the thing is, if you put a lot into this, this coin can make you millionaires.  There's a reason Evan Duffield of Darkcoin became a full time Darkcoin dev.  He trusted his coding talent enough to know that if he worked hard on innovating his coin, he would be a millionaire.  And that has become a reality.
Question: what are the innovations you are expecting?

I don't know.  What I'm curious about is if the devs have anything in the works or planned, thus the desire for a roadmap.

If they want ideas, I have them.  For example, at this point, developing anonymity from scratch isn't a good idea.  However, one idea would be to look to the darkcoin masternode system.  It is just about ready and the code could be added to Fractalcoin.  Utilize masternodes with Fractalcoin to help secure the network, take Fractalcoin out of circulation, and add some sort of feature that taps into the masternode system that is innovative. 

Hmm, good to know, hope dev will take this into consideration if any possible, looks like they more concern about the percentage fee right now to improve it further.

We will keep an open mind, but I don't think anonymous transactions will be implemented anytime soon unless a clear and obvious need is shown for them. If you want to remain anonymous, it's quite easy to make transactions ambiguous and difficult/impossible to provably track what funds was spent where, assuming you're not dealing with the volumes of coins that would be required for laundering money.

Yes, darksend as an additional feature would be nice, but we feel there are much more important priorities. Also, the darksend master node system required for anonymity is currently closed source. We may evaluate it's worth and compatibility with Fractalcoin when it's code is made public. 

Check out my full list of Coin Reviews
Currently working on the Qtum Project
My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:24:14 AM

Thank you for taking the time to respond Skunky, I appreciate it.

Here's the thing.  As we all know, there are a ton of altcoins out there.  Slingshield is what attracted me to this coin as it shows me the devs are capable of innovation.  And while innovative, it isn't going to cause widespread adoption of this coin.  Neither is advertising/marketing as there are hundreds of other altcoins out there trying to market their ways to the top.

What will drive adoption is innovation.  

As devs, the only thing you should be thinking about is how to make this an innovative coin; a coin that stands out from the rest.  If you do that, the community will build around you and take care of everything else.  If you focus on bounties and advertising and stuff like that, this coin will be left in the dust.

Look at my post history.  I'm not afraid to donate substantial amounts to bounties in support of innovative coins.  Look back far enough and you'll find a post by me where I donated 1000 DRK to someone for their work.

I see potential in Fractalcoin and you devs.  But if you're not coming up with software solutions to make this coin better, then you're not utilizing your talents.  And it is that talent that will make this a $xx,xxx,xxx coin.  Nothing else.

Yes, I am asking a lot from you guys.  But the thing is, if you put a lot into this, this coin can make you millionaires.  There's a reason Evan Duffield of Darkcoin became a full time Darkcoin dev.  He trusted his coding talent enough to know that if he worked hard on innovating his coin, he would be a millionaire.  And that has become a reality.
Question: what are the innovations you are expecting?

I don't know.  What I'm curious about is if the devs have anything in the works or planned, thus the desire for a roadmap.

If they want ideas, I have them.  For example, at this point, developing anonymity from scratch isn't a good idea.  However, one idea would be to look to the darkcoin masternode system.  It is just about ready and the code could be added to Fractalcoin.  Utilize masternodes with Fractalcoin to help secure the network, take Fractalcoin out of circulation, and add some sort of feature that taps into the masternode system that is innovative. 

Hmm, good to know, hope dev will take this into consideration if any possible, looks like they more concern about the percentage fee right now to improve it further.

We will keep an open mind, but I don't think anonymous transactions will be implemented anytime soon unless a clear and obvious need is shown for them. If you want to remain anonymous, it's quite easy to make transactions ambiguous and difficult/impossible to provably track what funds was spent where, assuming you're not dealing with the volumes of coins that would be required for laundering money.

Yes, darksend as an additional feature would be nice, but we feel there are much more important priorities. Also, the darksend master node system required for anonymity is currently closed source. We may evaluate it's worth and compatibility with Fractalcoin when it's code is made public. 
What are the more important priorities?

Thank you.
savale

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 12:00:01 PM

This coin is going to be big, love the idea of Slingshield. Will be a solid replacement for POS!

JasonSW

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:40:09 PM

SkunkMonkey, please take a look PM about our plan.
guolong9988

Activity: 179

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:22:54 PM

http://FRAC.nmgpool.com/

Reward System: Full Stratum/Vardiff system with PROP
Server Location: China/America
Pro Hardware: Connections: 10 gigabit network hypervisor/storage. Direct connection to AIMX, MSX
Storage: Fast ZFS based environment with SSD cache and 32 disks.
CPU: Xeon 64bit / 16 powerful CPU cores
Ram: 128 GB RAM.

Security:
Two different geo-locations Hot wallets (primary and instant back-up).
Offline secured cold Wallet.
Automated back-ups and warning system for operators.
Ddos protecion.

Welcome friends to join our team!

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Oldsonofabit

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:07:28 PM

Looking forward to seeing this make it to the top of the vote at PoloniEx. Seems like a cool coin and likely to take off when word gets out.
Fractalcoin (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:00:03 PM

Want to get some free FRAC? Check out the giveaway over at altcoingiveaways!
JasonSW

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:38:28 PM

Giveaway:

http://altcoingiveaways.com/index.php/topic,1762.0.html
http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?topic=668.0
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:12:08 PM

where is the big hash coming from ... what is the pool
onetwentyfive

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:52:27 PM

Been mining FRAC since day #1.. I haven't stuck with a coin for this long in a while! FractalCoin is one of those sleeper coins that when it blows up people will curse themselves for not buying when it was cheap!
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1111

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:16:33 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 04:39:17 AM by jpouza

Been mining FRAC since day #1.. I haven't stuck with a coin for this long in a while! FractalCoin is one of those sleeper coins that when it blows up people will curse themselves for not buying when it was cheap!

Same here...I think this coin will became well ranked in near future, it's just the beggining.

It needs more "propaganda"...
jpouza
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:22:07 PM

where is the big hash coming from ... what is the pool

Multipools I guess...
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Kaspa

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:28:09 AM

dedicated only has 2.5 out of 26 g/h's... I checked all the pools on the list last night looking for the big pool (I only have 1.4 m/h) but couldn't find it... your prob right probably big multi pool, hmmm or maybe big assed farm solo mining it?

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
jpouza
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:37:54 AM

dedicated only has 2.5 out of 26 g/h's... I checked all the pools on the list last night looking for the big pool (I only have 1.4 m/h) but couldn't find it... your prob right probably big multi pool, hmmm or maybe big assed farm solo mining it?

xHash have only 500MH/s heheh....

I don't think there is such a huge farm/solo miner with all that hash power (15GH/s or more), must be multipools...if there is such a centralized X11 monster FPGA like H/W like this we are in big trouble...it could destroy the coin whenever it wants.
originalchilli

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:55:44 AM

just 17 votes off 3rd place on polo voting, getting there slowly and steady

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER -  @originalchilli
batty634

Activity: 233

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:04:07 PM

xHash have only 500MH/s heheh....

I don't think there is such a huge farm/solo miner with all that hash power (15GH/s or more), must be multipools...if there is such a centralized X11 monster FPGA like H/W like this we are in big trouble...it could destroy the coin whenever it wants.

i think it will be a few multipools rather than one
guolong9988

Activity: 179

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:26:34 PM

http://FRAC.nmgpool.com/

Reward System: Full Stratum/Vardiff system with PROP
Server Location: China/America
Pro Hardware: Connections: 10 gigabit network hypervisor/storage. Direct connection to AIMX, MSX
Storage: Fast ZFS based environment with SSD cache and 32 disks.
CPU: Xeon 64bit / 16 powerful CPU cores
Ram: 128 GB RAM.

Security:
Two different geo-locations Hot wallets (primary and instant back-up).
Offline secured cold Wallet.
Automated back-ups and warning system for operators.
Ddos protecion.

Welcome friends to join our team!

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
feng45

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:28:44 PM

can't  open  the  wallet!

JasonSW

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:49:20 PM

What errors you got Huh
earlz

Activity: 439

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 02:51:00 PM

What error and what platform?

Check out my full list of Coin Reviews
Currently working on the Qtum Project
My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: