Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:10:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [FRAC] Fractalcoin | **Added to Cryptsy** | X11 | Slingshield | % fees  (Read 129685 times)
hokus_pokus

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:51:07 PM

Message from bittrex looking at frac market:

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on Aug 29th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.1 BTC.

Game over.
That's pretty harsh...I wouldn't say game over-  but we could use some good news. Or any news for that matter
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1116

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:08:05 PM

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on Aug 29th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.1 BTC.

Game over.
That's pretty harsh...I wouldn't say game over-  but we could use some good news. Or any news for that matter

Unfortunatly this coin has no interest at all, no news of any kind, no activity.

I dumped at the last pump (32k) half of my coins and invested in some BTCD, believed in a bright future for FRAC and just couldn´t get a good sign, so dumped the other half at 8k... now price is almost 1k...decide yourselves.

Very proud with BTCD at 640k sats, get already my target price, time to dump and get my BTCs and search another decent coin to invest.

Cheers
JasonSW

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:36:59 AM

What a shame of this coin; people have so trusted you. You shoul lock this thread now.

For people who still hold FRAC, it is time to dump, no hope at all. It appears dev has abandoned this coin. What I get to invest now is not about how good the coin is, but how trustful the dev is. I am on Magi XMG, and hope some of you guys turn to that and get a hype; though this coin not yet launched, but dev seems all around since April and do have a decent profile, surely many advantages investing at the beginning. I'm done here, time to move on.
hero18688

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:58:32 AM

riosober

Activity: 38
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:54:27 AM

good news!dump to hole.
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:57:18 PM

All of you claiming that Earlz has abandoned this coin without making an announcement are no doubt mistaken.  Earlz (Jordan Earls) hasn't bothered hiding his identity and as such, he no doubt knows that what he does with Fractalcoin is part of his resume going forward and searchable on the net.  Having read up on him quite a bit, I have no doubt he is more professional than to abandon a coin without an announcement.

Earlz, my guess is you're quiet because you're sick of having to say you're around more than once per week.  But could you please let us know what direction you've decided to go with Fractalcoin?  The POS direction or some other direction?

Thanks!
ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:36:53 PM

sold my coins. i think it's time to move on, better now than when it's delisted ^^ thx for the info btw. I would have missed that I guess...
at least one coin less to watch :>

Battareus

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:54:44 AM

Sold. Forgiven. Forgot.
NSA360

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Crypto Collector

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:57:42 AM

ded  Angry
roozifus

Activity: 249

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:12:53 AM

Sorry to interrupt all the misery - don't worry I'm feeling it too  Tongue

But I've been trying to figure out what FRAC's main problem was.

I'm thinking now that the 1 month core PoW phase in which the majority of the coins were produced was way too short.

Once we switched over to slingshield (which otherwise went brilliantly), there were no new coins coming in.

Investors had bought up all the supply and so nobody was able to trade, and that has effectively killed everything.

So I would suggest the only real way to get the coin back on track would be to increase the coin cap to something like 10 mil, mined over the next year.

Any thoughts? .. other than "ded"  Roll Eyes

Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:14:33 AM

I'm thinking now that the 1 month core PoW phase in which the majority of the coins were produced was way too short.

Once we switched over to slingshield (which otherwise went brilliantly), there were no new coins coming in.

Investors had bought up all the supply and so nobody was able to trade, and that has effectively killed everything.

So I would suggest the only real way to get the coin back on track would be to increase the coin cap to something like 10 mil, mined over the next year.

I tend to agree with you but would make it something like more 9M more coins with a reward scaled over something like 20 years.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
riosober

Activity: 38
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:57:37 PM

I tend to agree with you but would make it something like more 9M more coins with a reward scaled over something like 20 years.

good idea! it's always need more people join &  more time to observe how it works,when we wanna a coin to be successed.
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:42:01 PM

I'm keeping mine.  I just like fractals  Cool
jpouza
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:06:06 PM

I'm keeping mine.  I just like fractals  Cool

Fractal's last survivor.Smiley
JasonSW

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:02:55 PM

All of you claiming that Earlz has abandoned this coin without making an announcement are no doubt mistaken.  Earlz (Jordan Earls) hasn't bothered hiding his identity and as such, he no doubt knows that what he does with Fractalcoin is part of his resume going forward and searchable on the net.  Having read up on him quite a bit, I have no doubt he is more professional than to abandon a coin without an announcement.

Earlz, my guess is you're quiet because you're sick of having to say you're around more than once per week.  But could you please let us know what direction you've decided to go with Fractalcoin?  The POS direction or some other direction?

Thanks!

were you in the irc talk, no? they are saying they need to make money to survive,
@SkunkMonkey> no real money in developing coins, so got to do something for food and rent :p
send them some btc to show ur support. they have a real life to cope with, us too; that's why people sold frac.
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:25:04 PM

were you in the irc talk, no? they are saying they need to make money to survive,
@SkunkMonkey> no real money in developing coins, so got to do something for food and rent :p
send them some btc to show ur support. they have a real life to cope with, us too; that's why people sold frac.
Earlz, if you want to make money developing Fractalcoin, PM me.  I have plenty of BTC to support you as you develop Fractalcoin if that's what you need.
JasonSW

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:18:39 AM

Earlz, if you want to make money developing Fractalcoin, PM me.  I have plenty of BTC to support you as you develop Fractalcoin if that's what you need.

Hey man, I really like your faith in FRAC, but this is the time to move on; we all have a real life and life needs to move on. Noboday here cares about what you have suggested in prior posts, that's the problem: dev doesn't pick community's suggestions, what is the thread for? I did not sell any cents when FRAC was high and held my faith till the moment Bittrex is about to remove FRAc. Even at this time, dev keeps silence. Can we call this coin scam? Putting your faith in any other coins with trustful devs. That's it!
jpouza
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:01:54 AM

Hey man, I really like your faith in FRAC, but this is the time to move on; we all have a real life and life needs to move on. Noboday here cares about what you have suggested in prior posts, that's the problem: dev doesn't pick community's suggestions, what is the thread for? I did not sell any cents when FRAC was high and held my faith till the moment Bittrex is about to remove FRAc. Even at this time, dev keeps silence. Can we call this coin scam? Putting your faith in any other coins with trustful devs. That's it!

I wouldn´t say it is a scam, more like an abandoned one. Sad
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 11:32:46 AM

I noticed someone on the Bittrex BTC/FRAC market deliberately buying the ask and selling to the bid-- effectively taking a loss equal to the spread each time-- in order to put the daily volume up to prevent delisting. That observation was the kiss of death, for me. I dumped.

As a supporter of the team since the coin's release, I've thought about it a lot, and I think the proof-of-work period should have lasted much, much longer, with a much more gradual transition to fee-only coin rewards. During this time period the devs could have sorted out a marketing or implementation plan to get people trading FRAC and generating fees, so there would be hard proof of what a fees-only block would be worth (and for maximum promotional value, it would be worth more than normal PoW blocks).

People will pay if they think it's valuable. A 2% FRAC trade fee could have worked if there were some other incentive to pay that much to trade: side investment into some other kind of property (shares in assets like with SYNC, partnership with an exchange's shares like Bleutrade's, etc.). I don't think there was ever a concrete plan in place to ensure sufficient trade volume that whatever the fee structure, it was worth pointing rigs at. I suppose the FRAC team thought they'd get the coin working first, and general altcoin excitement would buoy the price and interest until they could figure something out. Instead, waning demand for all but new altcoins diluted the marketplace incredibly quickly, and with insufficient progress, there were too many other shiny new options for miners.

Nice try, FRAC team, good luck.

twitter.com/notsofast
roozifus

Activity: 249

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:38:42 AM

We just got added to coinwarz Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: