Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:35:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero Support  (Read 82926 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
thelibertycap

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 08:14:14 PM

I bought a raspberry pi 3 recently and was wondering what kind of sync speeds I could get with one of those fast 90MB/s cards and the pi3's 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU.
It seems like it could be usable for monero but I am not sure if its worth a try if sync speeds take ages or there are some other unwanted reliability, ease of use or whatever other problems.
Full disk encryption seems like a must though, that could slow things down a lot.
You could have a full secure environment with full blown linux environment on a chip the size of a cent bootable from the most cheap and commodity hardware there is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 08:18:56 PM

I think compiling for arm might be a bit of a pita, haven't actually tried it myself tho
hyc

Activity: 88
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 01:42:11 AM

Last I checked, the pi3 still only ships with a 32bit OS. A bit of a waste for a 64bit cpu.

I've been running on a geekbox, 8-core Cortex-A53 with 2GB RAM and a "fast" microSD card. Works fine.
altcoiner-

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 12:03:27 PM

cross post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg16256658#msg16256658

Trying to sync monero on linux ubuntu 16.04 and I'm getting so many problems.
I did it normally, started ./bitmonerod and got first 300k blocks nice and reliatively fast. I come back the next day and it's on 320k?
so i wait 3 more days, 380k. something isn't right.

Downloaded the boot strap (took less than 5mins on high speed VPS) and follow instructions blockchain_import
I tried
 ./blockchain_import --database lmdb#nosync --verify 0 --input-file ~/blockchain.raw
 ./blockchain_import --database lmdb#nosync --verify=0 --input-file ~/xmr/blockchain.raw
 ./blockchain_import --verify 0 --input-file ~/xmr/blockchain.raw
 ./blockchain_import --input-file ~/xmr/blockchain.raw

You name it I tried around 10 different combos of those commands and each and every one failed. The "database" command was the fastest, but the last block would not be existent or corrupt and wouldn't allow the daemon to function. Massive PITA.

The rest of them would get to 200-350k blocks and simply start hogging resources and STILL not move anywhere in regard to progress. And then, not even being able to exit blockchain_import or bitmonerod (which ever one I was using and trying to sync with).

does anyone know the fastest way to sync on ubuntu 16.04. This is extremely frustrating.
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 03:20:01 PM

cross post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg16256658#msg16256658

Trying to sync monero on linux ubuntu 16.04 and I'm getting so many problems.
I did it normally, started ./bitmonerod and got first 300k blocks nice and reliatively fast. I come back the next day and it's on 320k?
so i wait 3 more days, 380k. something isn't right.

Downloaded the boot strap (took less than 5mins on high speed VPS) and follow instructions blockchain_import
I tried
 ./blockchain_import --database lmdb#nosync --verify 0 --input-file ~/blockchain.raw
 ./blockchain_import --database lmdb#nosync --verify=0 --input-file ~/xmr/blockchain.raw
 ./blockchain_import --verify 0 --input-file ~/xmr/blockchain.raw
 ./blockchain_import --input-file ~/xmr/blockchain.raw

You name it I tried around 10 different combos of those commands and each and every one failed. The "database" command was the fastest, but the last block would not be existent or corrupt and wouldn't allow the daemon to function. Massive PITA.

The rest of them would get to 200-350k blocks and simply start hogging resources and STILL not move anywhere in regard to progress. And then, not even being able to exit blockchain_import or bitmonerod (which ever one I was using and trying to sync with).

does anyone know the fastest way to sync on ubuntu 16.04. This is extremely frustrating.
I'm using this options during the first sync:

./bitmonerod --db-sync-mode fastest:sync:12000 --add-exclusive-node 94.23.55.211:18080 --detach

or

./bitmonerod --db-sync-mode fastest:async:12000 --add-exclusive-node 94.23.55.211:18080 --detach

94.23.55.211 is the moneroclub.com open node IP (I think), but you could use another node(s) of your choice (from bitmonerod.log for example). I use single exclusive node to save bandwidth during the initial sync. async should be faster on more then one core. After --detach you could use "./bitmonerod diff" or "./tail -f ~/.bitmonero/bitmonero.log" to see the progress, "./bitmonerod save", "./bitmonerod exit", etc... After the initial sync (and after "./bitmonerod exit") I'm using this to open the 18080 port and start the node for continuous use:

sudo ufw allow 18080
./bitmonerod --db-sync-mode fastest:async:12000 --detach

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 03:04:24 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2016, 03:25:28 PM by Millionero

I am trying to install monero on a chromebook c720p running galliumos.
I did this once before and didn't run into any problems, but I don't remember how I did it.  This time it's more complicated.
I downloaded the latest 64 bit linux monero.  I have a file ending in .tar.bz2 in my download folder, and I am trying to extract it.
got this
Code:
a@a-Peppy:~/Downloads$ tar -C /home/a/monero monero.linux.x64.v0-10-0-0.tar.bz2
tar: You must specify one of the '-Acdtrux', '--delete' or '--test-label' options
tar --help has this
Code:
  -A, --catenate, --concatenate   append tar files to an archive
  -c, --create               create a new archive
  -d, --diff, --compare      find differences between archive and file system
      --delete               delete from the archive (not on mag tapes!)
  -r, --append               append files to the end of an archive
  -t, --list                 list the contents of an archive
      --test-label           test the archive volume label and exit
  -u, --update               only append files newer than copy in archive
  -x, --extract, --get       extract files from an archive
Apparently I am required to append either --delete or --test-label.
What does "delete from the archive" or "test the archive volume label" mean?
I know I didn't have to deal with this stuff last time; I simply downloaded monero, extracted it, and ran it.  
Help me get this up and running.  I don't need to run a full node or download the blockchain right now, but I need to get a wallet going as soon as possible, because I am keeping coins on poloniex.

edit:  I used the gui file manager and seemingly extracted the file successfully.  I now have monero in a dedicated folder.
I am going to try running simplewallet, importing a seed, pointing to a remote node and using the wallet.  I may have more questions.
gipsy

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 03:42:52 PM

Hello, i try to install the miner on a Centos but im having problems... i get this error:

"[root@: cpuminer-multi-master]# ./autogen.sh
configure.ac:3: error: Autoconf version 2.68 or higher is required
configure.ac:3: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 63
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 63"

I try to install autoconf version 2.68 but still is not working. Can someone explain me step by step how to start mine Monero?

I had downloaded on CentOS this miner "cpuminer-multi-master" and when i hit ./autoget.sh i get the error above.

Thank you.
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 03:52:57 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2016, 04:07:55 PM by Millionero

I installed the latest monero on a linux machine.
I need to run simplewallet (never have done so before).
I googled "how to start simplewallet."
At this link
https://getmonero.org/knowledge-base/user-guides/simplewallet
it says,
"The guide assumes you have already created an account according to the other guides."
At this link
https://monerobase.com/Simplewallet
it says,
"This guide assumes you already have created an account, according to the other guides, and will show how to perform various operations from the simplewallet UI."
Okay, try again.
I googled
"create account simplewallet"
which brought up the same links, saying they assume you have already created an account.

What is the first step on a fresh install, to start the wallet?  How am I to create an account?

My specifics:
* I am going to restore from an already existing mnemonic seed.
* I need to point to a remote node.
c789

Activity: 850

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 04:07:24 AM

I installed the latest monero on a linux machine.
I need to run simplewallet (never have done so before).
I googled "how to start simplewallet."
At this link
https://getmonero.org/knowledge-base/user-guides/simplewallet
it says,
"The guide assumes you have already created an account according to the other guides."
At this link
https://monerobase.com/Simplewallet
it says,
"This guide assumes you already have created an account, according to the other guides, and will show how to perform various operations from the simplewallet UI."
Okay, try again.
I googled
"create account simplewallet"
which brought up the same links, saying they assume you have already created an account.

What is the first step on a fresh install, to start the wallet?  How am I to create an account?

My specifics:
* I am going to restore from an already existing mnemonic seed.
* I need to point to a remote node.

The "This guide assumes you have already created an account..." text should probably be rephrased. It means it assumes you have created a Monero wallet.

Follow the steps I listed in the ANN thread about how to extract the tar.bz2, download the blockchain, and create a Monero wallet: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg16341466#msg16341466

To create a new wallet: Run the ./monero-wallet-cli command. It will prompt you to create a name for your wallet, then to create a password for your wallet, and then to select a language for your wallet. This creates your wallet (or as the pages you referenced call it, an account).

If you don't want to create a new wallet and instead you want to restore an older wallet from its seed, make sure you've downloaded the blockchain first, and in a separate terminal, run this command:

Code:
./monero-wallet-cli --restore-deterministic-wallet
reference: https://getmonero.org/knowledge-base/user-guides/restore_account  (note that v0.10 uses "monero-wallet-cli" instead of "simplewallet", which was used in versions <= 0.9.4).

To connect to a remote node, instead of running ./monerod, run ./monerod --daemon-host node.moneroworld.com

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
c789

Activity: 850

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 04:20:29 AM

Hello, i try to install the miner on a Centos but im having problems... i get this error:

"[root@: cpuminer-multi-master]# ./autogen.sh
configure.ac:3: error: Autoconf version 2.68 or higher is required
configure.ac:3: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 63
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 63"

I try to install autoconf version 2.68 but still is not working. Can someone explain me step by step how to start mine Monero?

I had downloaded on CentOS this miner "cpuminer-multi-master" and when i hit ./autoget.sh i get the error above.

Thank you.

I'm only familiar with debian-like GNU/Linux, but verify that autoconf is really installed by running the following command:
Code:
which autoconf
If autoconf is installed, it will show the path to its binary.

If autoconf is really installed, install automake to see if that helps. Also, be sure all of the dependencies listed in the miner's README have been installed.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 04:40:02 AM

Hello, I'm looking to make a coiniumserv pool for monero aswell as other coins, however the only implementation I can find of the cryptonight algorithm is in c/c++ whereas coiniumserv uses c# and the CryptSharp/HashLib libraries. I was wondering if there was any known implementation of the cryptonight algo in c# that I can add to the coiniumserv algo list, or if I wil have to find a way to port the algo over by hand (a tough job for a noob at both languages)
N-rG

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 05:06:11 PM

Polo does require a long Payment ID

When i use the 10.x "client" i can only get a short Payment ID with integrated_address which gives me somethings like this: Random payment ID: <0x40a6b11cdaa5b3>

How can i get an ID what Polo requires please?

Thanks
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2016, 06:55:02 PM

Polo does require a long Payment ID

When i use the 10.x "client" i can only get a short Payment ID with integrated_address which gives me somethings like this: Random payment ID: <0x40a6b11cdaa5b3>

How can i get an ID what Polo requires please?

Thanks

Polo provides a payment ID. You do not need to create a payment ID when sending mOnero to Polo.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
N-rG

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 07:24:03 PM

I meant how to get a payment ID from my wallet. I want to send from Polo to my wallet.
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 07:33:23 PM

I meant how to get a payment ID from my wallet. I want to send from Polo to my wallet.

You need to use the payment ID poloniex provides in order to send moneroj TO poloniex. That tells them which customer the received moneroj belongs to.

You do not need to use a payment ID to send moneroj FROM poloniex TO yourself.

You probably need a payment ID to send moneroj FROM poloniex TO another exchange or business, but that is the payment ID provided by the recipient, not poloniex.
N-rG

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 08:18:29 PM

Ok again, very simple Smiley

I want: Send XMR from POL to my Wallet (monero-wallet-cli.exe) -standart monero console client.

POLO want a Payment-ID and Wallet ID.

I have: my Wallet ID

I need: the Payment ID

Where to find the payment ID, which command it need to enter in the console?
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 08:33:53 PM

Ok again, very simple Smiley

I want: Send XMR from POL to my Wallet (monero-wallet-cli.exe) -standart monero console client.

POLO want a Payment-ID and Wallet ID.

I have: my Wallet ID

I need: the Payment ID

Where to find the payment ID, which command it need to enter in the console?

You do not need a payment ID to send to your wallet.  Polo has a field for payment ID but you don't need to fill it in.  You can leave it blank and they will still send your Monero.  They supply a payment ID field in case you want to send it to an exchange or business that requires a payment ID in order to identify your transaction from any other.  Since you are sending to yourself and you know the amount you don't need a payment ID to distinguish your transaction from any other.  Just leave the payment ID field blank and they will send it anyway.  They will send it even if it is being sent to a recipient that requires it.  In that case you have a problem but Polo has no idea if the recipient you are sending to requires a payment ID.  They will send it if you leave the field blank.  You don't need a payment ID to send Monero anywhere. 

TLDR: request a withdrawal without a payment ID and Polo will still send it.  
N-rG

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 09:10:49 PM

ah lol nice, thank you
r3lentleSs

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 09:44:19 AM

I've downloaded the blockchan on my other HD location.
And its SYNCED with the network.

I already made my wallet account.

This morning i opened it and its doing a refresh, but is it normal that it takes so long ?
And will it takes this long every time i open my wallet?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 12:21:25 PM

I've downloaded the blockchan on my other HD location.
And its SYNCED with the network.

I already made my wallet account.

This morning i opened it and its doing a refresh, but is it normal that it takes so long ?
And will it takes this long every time i open my wallet?

after you sync you need or to use command "save" or before you close use command "exit". if you just close deamon it dont save it. Maybe this was changed lately. But i think this might be you problem.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: