Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:49:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Toss - Flip a coin and win double your entry!  (Read 17063 times)
lulzplzkthx

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2011, 02:04:05 AM

One other thing I might suggest, doood, would be reducing the number of confirmations required before payment is sent out. I haven't seen any double spending, and it's becoming less and less viable by the day (it really isn't viable at all anymore,) by the amount of miners. It's just annoying when I win a bunch of bitcoins, want to bet with them, and can't because I'm waiting for my payment.

Thanks,
lulz

It only requires 1 confirmation of entry, then the next run of the updater script will send out the payment. The updater script runs every 10 minutes, so after your entry fee has 1 confirmation, you might have to wait up to an extra 9:59 after that.

Perhaps to get around your issue I could just give you a balance on site, which you could then continue playing with, and then when you're done allow you to withdraw them.

Ah, that makes sense.

And if you do take the route of having a balance on the site, you should make it optional to have an account. One beautiful thing about it is just having to enter a Bitcoin address and be able to play.

I guess the deciding factor for me and whether I would create an account or not would be based on how long it's taking to receive the bitcoins I won.

Again, thanks for Bitcoin Toss, it's very enjoyable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alex Beckenham (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 02:06:46 AM

And if you do take the route of having a balance on the site, you should make it optional to have an account. One beautiful thing about it is just having to enter a Bitcoin address and be able to play.

I have a few other domains, so it's more likely that I will just leave this one as is, then implement an additional login-style one which is almost the same, but with a deposit/withdrawal-type set up.

Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 12:55:13 PM

I think something is very wrong here..

Red = Bit toss (11 hours old)
Blue = From my other wallet. (30 min old)

So as you see they refuse to be confirmed so I can't get access to what I've won.. (over 0.Cool

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Alex Beckenham (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 12:59:50 PM

I think something is very wrong here..

Red = Bit toss (11 hours old)
Blue = From my other wallet. (30 min old)

So as you see they refuse to be confirmed so I can't get access to what I've won.. (over 0.Cool

I agree, however the 'something wrong' isn't related to the site.

Search the forum; there are several threads at the moment talking about the huge list of unconfirmed transactions at the moment.

Also check here: http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/

They'll all get confirmed eventually, and when they do, my site's updater script will see them, see their 'winning' status, and pay you for them.

lulzplzkthx

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2011, 05:35:25 PM

Please add the txfee of .01 as I don't trust Double Trouble and would prefer to use Bitcoin Toss, but it takes so long to receive funds that I have to resort to using Double Trouble.

thephfactor

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 07:16:33 PM

i won once but lost other times
Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 03:27:49 PM

27 hours.. still waiting or getting what I won..

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
The Script

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 10:40:43 AM

Dood, that refund was incredibly generous and great customer service.  I'm giving you a +1 rating because I want to support good businessmen like you.
Alex Beckenham (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 11:24:53 AM

Dood, that refund was incredibly generous and great customer service.  I'm giving you a +1 rating because I want to support good businessmen like you.

Thanks TS, it's appreciated.

The Script

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 11:36:20 AM

Thanks TS, it's appreciated.

Also, I played your game twice.  Spent 0.5 BTC each time and won the second time.  Tongue  I think I'll stop there....
Alex Beckenham (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 04:05:37 AM

Here's a little PM conversation I thought I'd like to share (emphasis mine)...

Hello doood,

I have been using your site, bitcointoss.com, for a short while and would like to make a request.  I feel a little backstory is in order so please bare with me.
   Recently I have dropped out of my 3rd year university engineering program due do to a dramatic worsening of my problems with anxiety and depression. I have moved back home and am now attending outpatient programs at my local hospital. While I have improved since returning home I still find myself unable to function properly. This has left me with a lot of free time. Recently I discovered bitcoin and found myself seeing promise in this novel form of currency. Due to my belief in its future succuss I made the decision to invest some of my money in it in the hopes that the value would rise over time.  Originally my plan was to simply let the money sit and accumuulate value. However recently I found your site, researched some basic betting stratagies and decided that your site was the ticket to easy money. Prior to recently I doubted the existance of psychological addiction and questioned the intellagance of those who claimed to be afflicted. Over the past week however I have seen how sorely wrong I was. I am truely amazed how quickly I surcome to compulsive gambling habits. In total I think I have lost around 80btc, nearly the entirety of my investment and have gone so far as to take out a btc loan in order to attempt to win my money back, most of which is lost.  I am terriably embarrased by my behavior and can hardly believe how far I have travelled down this road in such a small amount of time. I have now vowed to myself to never consider gambling as a way of earning money ever again.
   The reason I have written to you is to ask you to return some percentage of my losses. I in no way blame you or your website for what was purely my own stupidity and can see how it can be a lot of fun when used responsably and in moderation. Even if you don't return a single bitcent I'm sure that the value of the lesson I've learned far outweighs the value of my losses. If you do approve my request my address is 1DSGihdQyu9geRrm8ZDcZAnaVJS2d3CWdg and I have been mostly playing with the referal numbers 1655, 1755, 1927 and 2370.
   Thank-you for taking the time to read this letter.

Sincerly,
hackysackwizard

Even if you don't return a single bitcent I'm sure that the value of the lesson I've learned far outweighs the value of my losses.

Hi there,

I do truly believe your above statement and hence would be doing you an injustice if I were to refund any money.

I'm sure it's an experience you won't easily forget.

Keep safe and try to see the bright side of life.

Cheers.

Hello doood,

While I respect your decision I really wish you would reconsider. Seeing your generosity towards sat0pi on the forums by returning most of his lost 250btc I was optimistic that you would be sympathetic to my situation. As an unemployed student I don't have much to spend on ventures such as bitcoin and I am now forced to invest more in order to repay my loan. I am well aware that this burden is entirely self inflicted. Having some of my investment refunded would save from the crippling anxiety of having this new burden in addition to my existing mental health issues.  As it is I am already horribly embarrassed to be making this plea. I sincerely wish you would reconsider my request. Either way, thanks for your time.

hackysackwizard

Hi h,

If you have read that thread then you would have seen this post:

https://www.bitcoin.org/smf/index.php?topic=6526.msg95638#msg95638

There will absolutely be no other refunds from this point.

It would be extremely foolish of me to go back on my word.

I do hope you can put this experience behind you.

d

My dearest doood,

I do truly believe your above statement and hence would be doing you an injustice if I were to refund any money.

Thanks man, so glad I have you to look out for me.  Glad you saved me from the horrible injustice of being shown a little compassion.

Keep safe and try to see the bright side of life.

...says the guy whose 70btc richer.  I'm sure I'd be seeing the bright side of life if that dropped into my lap too.

You are truly without the slightest bit of sympathy you greedy bastard.

Get fucked,
hackysackwizard

error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 04:07:39 AM

What a nice guy.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
The Script

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 04:13:08 AM

The part that cracked me up was that he "researched basic betting strategies".  The hell?  It's a COIN TOSS, with just under a 50% chance of getting the right answer.  What kind of strategies can you possibly have? 

I have no sympathy for mr. hackeysack.  If you can't afford to gamble, don't.

Alex Beckenham (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 04:21:31 AM

The part that cracked me up was that he "researched basic betting strategies". 

Yes that bit's good too.

The part that cracked me up is how he equates 30 hours of non-stop photoshop work and php/ajax coding with 'dropped into my lap'.

Not to mention the forethought to buy the domain, get it hosted, blah blah blah.

It's a business venture, not free money.

Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 05:07:25 AM

The part that cracked me up was that he "researched basic betting strategies". 

Yes that bit's good too.

The part that cracked me up is how he equates 30 hours of non-stop photoshop work and php/ajax coding with 'dropped into my lap'.

Not to mention the forethought to buy the domain, get it hosted, blah blah blah.

It's a business venture, not free money.

considering the whole "coin flip" thing, I feel he wouldn't be asking for a small bit of generosity if he won 75 btc considering it has the same odds. Tongue

additionally, i'm pretty sure your referrals pay before any confirmations, just keep that in mind.
Alex Beckenham (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 05:37:30 AM

i'm pretty sure your referrals pay before any confirmations, just keep that in mind.

Hi, that's incorrect, but thank you. The referral fee gets paid after 1 confirmation of the entry, in the same code block that pays out winnings.

*looks into code to make sure*   ...yep

Noitev

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 06:04:12 AM

Well, I guess you guys have shown me what's what.  Now that my personal laundry is being aired maybe I should post my address so you can all come and kick me in the nuts too.

A phone number would be fine too Tongue
Noitev

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 06:05:49 AM

i'm pretty sure your referrals pay before any confirmations, just keep that in mind.

Hi, that's incorrect, but thank you. The referral fee gets paid after 1 confirmation of the entry, in the same code block that pays out winnings.

*looks into code to make sure*   ...yep

ok cool, just happened to get a referral of equivalent value right after a bet, lol coincidental
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 08:34:24 AM

Bet 0.8BTC and won on the first flip.  And, that's actually as much as I'm willing to gamble.  Not worth the risk to me.  I'll take my 1.6BTCs and walk away.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Dayofswords

Activity: 138
Merit: 11

Exchange BTC in Telegram https://bit.ly/2MEfiw8

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2011, 03:26:05 AM

So I bet 3, tried to flip and it hasn't loaded yet....

BTC Banker - Exchange BTC in Telegram bot https://bit.ly/2MEfiw8
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: