Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:43:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Mining  (Read 264625 times)
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:33:03 AM

I cannot comment on dwarfpool, as I have never mined there.

But, I have mined at monero.crypto-pool.fr for many months. Good pool with good devs.

As a side note, I just bought a GTX970 and I can hardly wait for it to arrive so I can mine (& game) with it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DStefanov

Activity: 425
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 10:37:13 AM

But, I have mined at monero.crypto-pool.fr for many months. Good pool with good devs.

As a side note, I just bought a GTX970 and I can hardly wait for it to arrive so I can mine (& game) with it.

Thanks for the comment!
Congratulations on the new acquisition and to use her good health!  Cheesy

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 11:03:22 AM

Please recommend me which of the two pools is more productive and reliable? Teeter between http://monero.crypto-pool.fr and http://dwarfpool.com
Thanks for your cooperation!

You should join a pool with low hashrate though. We need to spread the hash around. I mine at monerohash.com, which is US east coast based. You should check the latency of the pool you're going to hash at, and mine at the one with the lowest latency.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 10:34:34 AM

Is that 970 for mining only? Will that be profitable for you?
5w00p

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 11:24:58 PM

Well, since I did write:

I thought it would be clear to a reader that I will use it for both mining and gaming.
5w00p

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:48:37 AM

FYI:

Monero mining pool monero.crypto-pool.fr has begun making payouts with a mixin of 3.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658990.420

datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:34:55 PM

I haven't mined in over a year, and my 2 Radeon 7950's have just been collecting dust. I'm kind of interested in this though. What kind of kh/s are you guys getting with similar radeons, or how many coins a day? Is it worth it?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 06:36:28 PM

I haven't mined in over a year, and my 2 Radeon 7950's have just been collecting dust. I'm kind of interested in this though. What kind of kh/s are you guys getting with similar radeons, or how many coins a day? Is it worth it?

7950s get pretty good hashrate I think. THere was a google doc that had some numbers. The wattage of those things is a beast. At current XMR prices, u might be at profit though.

You'd probably be able to get ~1 xmr a day at the current network hashrate.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
osensei

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://monerohash.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 09:02:27 PM

7950s get pretty good hashrate I think. THere was a google doc that had some numbers. The wattage of those things is a beast. At current XMR prices, u might be at profit though.

You'd probably be able to get ~1 xmr a day at the current network hashrate.

Here's the doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MI-ic0Os25hgGUImW54sUIjZY_pUNQNa_W8Se5pRGBs/edit#gid=1726706747
According to that you could be getting between 257 and 388 H/s on each card, depending on your configuration.

Feel free to point them to https://monerohash.com  Grin

MoneroHash.com - U.S. Mining Pool
Lloydimiller4

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Monero

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 04:59:00 AM

Is there a way to mine with the CPU on a Mac? I have some friends who use iMacs who would like to mine

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 02:03:55 PM

Is there a way to mine with the CPU on a Mac? I have some friends who use iMacs who would like to mine

Certainly you can compile and use Wolf or lucasjones cpuminer. I'm not sure about yam or claymore precompiled versions.
osensei

https://monerohash.com

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 09:59:15 PM

Certainly you can compile and use Wolf or lucasjones cpuminer. I'm not sure about yam or claymore precompiled versions.

Yam also has builds for Mac: https://mega.co.nz/#F!h0tkXSxZ!f62uoUXogkxQmP2xO8Ib-g

MoneroHash.com - U.S. Mining Pool
Lloydimiller4

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Monero

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:55:51 PM

Yam also has builds for Mac: https://mega.co.nz/#F!h0tkXSxZ!f62uoUXogkxQmP2xO8Ib-g

Awesome, thanks to the both of you.

jwinterm, I messaged you on IRC, I don't know how to compile anything (lol), especially for Mac. Any tips would be welcomed, but I can probably just google it and not be a lazy bastard.

I will also check out the Yam builds for Mac, so thanks again. Grin

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
Sema89

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:58:58 PM

Hello everyone, I'm mining for now in dwarfpool, mine miners are in 1st and 2nd places. But I gues the pool is stealing a lot of my coins. How more coins I can earn by creating my own private pool?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:35:35 PM

Hello everyone, I'm mining for now in dwarfpool, mine miners are in 1st and 2nd places. But I gues the pool is stealing a lot of my coins. How more coins I can earn by creating my own private pool?

That's a significant accusation, perhaps you should provide some evidence.
Sema89

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 06:52:52 AM

That's a significant accusation, perhaps you should provide some evidence.

I have many pc's that mine monero and in all pc's have been installed monitor app that will check if one of pc's have problem. I have 330 PC's each one can mine at speed 1 kh/s = 330 khash/sec. So and then dwarfpool has turned off and then after 1 hours he turned back on. After this I'm had 220 khash/sec. It's pretty strange to steal roughly 100 khash/sec. About payments, with this h/s I'm earn ~5-30 xmr per hour. But yesterday I didn't recive any coins and in monitoring I can able to see last payment was in 16:40 and I didn't recive any coins at 17:00 and 18:00. And started earning again from 19:00. My miners work 24/7 hrs. And you can also read monero main theard at announcements.
P.S Can anyone help me to setup private pool with 0% fees? I will pay you.
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 12:37:02 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 12:51:33 PM by pandher

Guys, i have access to free electricity Grin Can anyone provide me with details to what kind of power is needed to mine around 200 XMR daily, and the ROI minus electricity cost. Thnx
5w00p

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 04:40:45 PM

Guys, i have access to free electricity Grin Can anyone provide me with details to what kind of power is needed to mine around 200 XMR daily, and the ROI minus electricity cost. Thnx

You can't read? You can't do math? You want us to do your homework for you?

I am all for a community helping out its members, but that doesn't imply doing legwork for able-bodied and able-minded members.

With that said, I think you will need in the neighborhood of 250 khash/sec to be able to mine around 200 XMR per day. The emission is steadily declining, and (in general) the higher the network hashrate, the less each miner gets.  Luck and other factors also influence reward.

ROI:

# XMR mined * selling price - hardware cost - sales commissions - electricity cost (which is apparently Zero for you) = profit or loss

Now, get mad that I asked you to do some of your own work, get over it, and then go do some research.

EDIT: ROI minus electricity cost?  You just said Guys, i have access to free electricity

Are you OK?

Here is a video for you to start doing this thing called mathematics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6M89-6106I
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 02:52:56 PM

You can't read? You can't do math? You want us to do your homework for you?

I am all for a community helping out its members, but that doesn't imply doing legwork for able-bodied and able-minded members.

With that said, I think you will need in the neighborhood of 250 khash/sec to be able to mine around 200 XMR per day. The emission is steadily declining, and (in general) the higher the network hashrate, the less each miner gets.  Luck and other factors also influence reward.

ROI:

# XMR mined * selling price - hardware cost - sales commissions - electricity cost (which is apparently Zero for you) = profit or loss

Now, get mad that I asked you to do some of your own work, get over it, and then go do some research.

EDIT: ROI minus electricity cost?  You just said Guys, i have access to free electricity

Are you OK?

Here is a video for you to start doing this thing called mathematics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6M89-6106I

Oh come on, dont be so negative. I assume that he already has done some basic research but by making a question he just wants to find if something is more efficient than what he has in mind. Like someone to tell him if it is better to use gpus or cpus, maybe create his own pool, what is the best miner etc...Discussion is not bad!
5w00p

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:55:03 PM

Then ask those specific questions.

I liken his question to something like this, just changing the type of mining:

GOLD MINING FORUM

Hey guys, I have access to free diesel fuel and I want to mine 100 ounces a day. Can you guys help me? What will be my profit minus cost of fuel?

---

Just a guess, but I think the other gold miners would tell him to GTFO.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: