Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:23:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Mining  (Read 264630 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 09:44:54 PM

Please tell me a cloud service for mining Monero Wink

AWS is fine if you're not paying for it.

On an unrelated note, would it be possible to implement something similar to Claymore's new dual ETH/DCR miner, but replace ETH with XMR?

What does that do?

Mines ETH and DCR at the same time with supposedly very little hashrate loss compared to regular ETH miner. Apparently it's possible because ETH is memory hard algo and DCR is not, which I thought maybe possible to do here since I think cryptonight is also memory hard. I haven't tried yet because it's Windows only and my AMD cards are all on Linux boxes, plus been busy/traveling lately.

Link here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0

from my experience, you definitely can't mine XMR and ETH on the same card - I tried to do it using my nvidia 750 ti's. You can get both to fit on the card memory wise, but the xmr miner wins out over the eth miner (for whatever reason, maybe because cuda has higher priority than openCL).

Not XMR and ETH, they're both memory hard, right? The idea was XMR and DCR.

I don't know whether XMR is memory hard on GPUs or not. It was mostly designed for CPUs with AES hardware, which GPUs don't have, so the AES calculations require a fair bit of CPU. It makes sense that something like DCR with a small hash function certainly don't use memory, so you could add a memory-intensive task to the mix without slowing it down (much). My guess would that ETH and DCR are a better fit, but it might still be worth a try.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hispano

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:57:16 PM

Hey, i'm hispano, a new user of monero.

let me tell you my problem.

I want to mine monero, and its the first coin i am going to mine, so i'll be surely mistaken about lots of things.

I downloaded the monero software from getmonero for 64 bits windows and i downloaded/synced the blockchain.
I'm even able to use "start_mining" in simplewallet and "in theory" the daemon starts mining.

I want to try solo-mining before considering any pool, and right now, i prefer solo-mining as per my understanding its much more decentalized, that is one of the features i love more about monero.

My problem is that while i have "bitmonerod.exe" opened anyone in my household is able to use internet. We all get DNS erros when opening browsers. Internet is working, as bitmonerod is updating the blockchain, but for some reason it blocks every other connection (any app cant connect to the internet).

Is this normal? I mean, i will never be able to use normally my internet while mining monero? Or i have something misconfigurated?

Thanks in advance,

hispano
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 04:28:05 PM

I want to mine monero, and its the first coin i am going to mine, so i'll be surely mistaken about lots of things.

I downloaded the monero software from getmonero for 64 bits windows and i downloaded/synced the blockchain.
I'm even able to use "start_mining" in simplewallet and "in theory" the daemon starts mining.

I want to try solo-mining before considering any pool, and right now, i prefer solo-mining as per my understanding its much more decentalized, that is one of the features i love more about monero.

My problem is that while i have "bitmonerod.exe" opened anyone in my household is able to use internet. We all get DNS erros when opening browsers. Internet is working, as bitmonerod is updating the blockchain, but for some reason it blocks every other connection (any app cant connect to the internet).

Is this normal? I mean, i will never be able to use normally my internet while mining monero? Or i have something misconfigurated?

Thanks in advance,

hispano

If you are using start_mining in the wallet, you are solo mining. I think you have to launch the wallet with the --trusted-daemon flag though.

Regarding the other things in your house not connecting to the internet - does this always happen? Or just during the initial synchronization? There are ways to limit the bandwidth that monero will use, and these might help. In your window with the daemon open, type help. It will show all of the commands you can enter. 3 of them are related to limit. ulimit, etc. Try modifying those parameters.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
hispano

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:36:17 PM

Thanks in advance,

hispano

If you are using start_mining in the wallet, you are solo mining. I think you have to launch the wallet with the --trusted-daemon flag though.

Regarding the other things in your house not connecting to the internet - does this always happen? Or just during the initial synchronization? There are ways to limit the bandwidth that monero will use, and these might help. In your window with the daemon open, type help. It will show all of the commands you can enter. 3 of them are related to limit. ulimit, etc. Try modifying those parameters.

The very same moment i open bitmonerod.exe (the file that syncs the blockchain) the internet connection stops working, and it does not work again until i re-start the router, even if i close everything and shutdown the pc.

I've tried to limit the max bandwith but it does not change anything - i still get a DNS problem when i open the browser and any other application works (neither in that device nor any other)

So at least i understand this is not how it should be, I should be able to use my internet conection while mining, am i right?.

As per my understanding (i am not a tech-guy at all) it seems when i run the file it changes something in my router configuration, is it possible?

Maybe you can recommend me a guide so i can learn a bit more (though i've already read some and i didn't manage to solve this)
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2016, 12:31:28 AM

Thanks in advance,

hispano

The very same moment i open bitmonerod.exe (the file that syncs the blockchain) the internet connection stops working, and it does not work again until i re-start the router, even if i close everything and shutdown the pc.

I've tried to limit the max bandwith but it does not change anything - i still get a DNS problem when i open the browser and any other application works (neither in that device nor any other)

So at least i understand this is not how it should be, I should be able to use my internet conection while mining, am i right?.

As per my understanding (i am not a tech-guy at all) it seems when i run the file it changes something in my router configuration, is it possible?

Maybe you can recommend me a guide so i can learn a bit more (though i've already read some and i didn't manage to solve this)

do you know how to get to a terminal?

open the folder containing the bitmonerod.exe . In the bar the top, delete everything and type cmd .

then try

bitmonerod.exe --no-igd

this will disable any port mapping that bitmonerod trying to do. Its essentially trying to open your firewall so that bitmonerod can function optimally. It can still work without the ports open.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 01:05:03 AM

Good post GingerAle, thanks.

I'm now wondering if the UPNP service on his router is disabled, since that's the only way i can see it messing with it. On mine, it's enabled but I can see them mapped so I know they work.

Interesting. I learn more about XMR every day, thanks, I'll try this too, just to see if it helps my own system not get bogged down when i sync up every few days.  Cool

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
hispano

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 11:48:35 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2016, 12:15:31 PM by hispano

Thanks in advance,

hispano

do you know how to get to a terminal?

open the folder containing the bitmonerod.exe . In the bar the top, delete everything and type cmd .

then try

bitmonerod.exe --no-igd

this will disable any port mapping that bitmonerod trying to do. Its essentially trying to open your firewall so that bitmonerod can function optimally. It can still work without the ports open.

Thanks a lot for your help.

The problem has not been solved but there have been changes.

Now when i have bitmonerod.exe runing and simplewallet running:
1. I can load some websites - atleast i can access to bitcointalk, but google is not working, getmonero is not working... (in Tablet anything is working, in my laptop neither)
2. Some applications are working - at least Skype is working (in Tablet anything is working, in my laptop at least Skype is working)
3. Now i get this error in bitmonerod.exe:
"[RPC0]Attempt to get block from height 73 failed -- block not in db"
"[RPC0]ERROR C:/msys64/DISTRIBUTION-BUILD/contrib/epee/include/net/abstract_tcp_server2.inl:355 Exception at [connection<t_protocol_handler>::handle_read], what=Attempt to get block from height 73 failed -- block not in db"

EDIT: I've manually changed my dns addresses in my laptop and now internet is working normally here.
EDIT2: I've also manually set my dns addresses in this pc and in the tablen and now they are both working, so i guess i've solved more or less my issue. Now would you say me what does that error means:
"[RPC0]Attempt to get block from height 73 failed -- block not in db"
"[RPC0]ERROR C:/msys64/DISTRIBUTION-BUILD/contrib/epee/include/net/abstract_tcp_server2.inl:355 Exception at [connection<t_protocol_handler>::handle_read], what=Attempt to get block from height 73 failed -- block not in db"
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 11:21:16 AM

Has anyone tried Hyc's solo ccminer?

https://github.com/hyc/ccminer-cryptonight

I'm getting error messages but I dunno if they are actually errors:

"[2016-05-22 22:41:13] HTTP request failed: Could not resolve host:"

or this if I point to the actual IP the daemon is bound to.

"[2016-05-22 22:46:37] HTTP request failed: The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"

hyc

Activity: 88
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 06:23:30 PM

Those look like real errors, yeah. Fix the url.
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 05:18:12 AM

New Monero Pool (in india!)

http://indianodejones.moneroworld.com/#

Features a 5 XMR minimum payout threshold. No more transactions with 0.2 outputs!

(let me put on my salesman voice)

Tired of spending all your monero on transaction fees when you move your mining rewards to the market for ultimate dumpage? Why not mine at indianodejones.moneroworld.com, where the minimum payout is 5 XMR? Spending monero to move monero is just ridiculous, so why not mine more efficiently? Point your miners at http://indianodejones.moneroworld.com/# to reduce your transaction fees today!

thiagorj

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 04:14:31 AM

You could help me with this problem? my GPU is a GTX 750Ti.

https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/capturar-jpg--958
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 12:04:09 PM

You could help me with this problem? my GPU is a GTX 750Ti.

https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/capturar-jpg--958

whats -q?

monero is not x11

use the instructions for ccminer listed here:

https://monerohash.com/#getting_started

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 07:08:53 PM

Best software and RAM/core settings for GTX 980?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Drhiggins

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 06:03:51 PM

Has anyone here ever configured a GPU specific server on a hosting platform or through a host provider to mine Monero.  Or configured a server running NVIDA Tesla GPU's?  Just wondering if it can be done and also what might the cost be to use one per month?   

Monerohash.com   U.S. Mining Pool
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:15:38 PM

Has anyone here ever configured a GPU specific server on a hosting platform or through a host provider to mine Monero.  Or configured a server running NVIDA Tesla GPU's?  Just wondering if it can be done and also what might the cost be to use one per month?   

It has been done by some miners on Monero long ago. They used nvidia GPU from Amazon but I don't think it's profitable anymore unless you have a very optimized mining software.

osensei

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://monerohash.com

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2016, 10:23:33 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2016, 10:48:04 PM by osensei

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that https://monerohash.com/ now supports mining directly to an exchange address using a payment ID.

Although I don't encourage mining to an exchange, I know there are some miners out there that prefer it that way, so feel free to give it a try.

Minimum payout is 7 XMR. Payments are run twice per day.

EDIT: To clarify, the mininum of 7 XMR and the frequency of 2 payments per day is for exchanges addresses. Normal minimum payout is 0.3 XMR.

MoneroHash.com - U.S. Mining Pool
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 12:06:42 AM

Why mine at mine.moneroworld.com?

The fees support the hosting of a block explorer, http://explore.moneroworld.com and the minimum payout is 1 xmr, so you don't spend all your money on those pesky fees! And the pool fee is only 0.5%.

Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 06:32:13 AM

The fees support the hosting of a block explorer, http://explore.moneroworld.com and the minimum payout is 1 xmr, so you don't spend all your money on those pesky fees! And the pool fee is only 0.5%.

I have a
HD 7700  - low end 3333
i5 6600k  - medium -5555
Raedon R7 370 - 5555

would these settings be correct?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 11:25:33 AM

I have a
HD 7700  - low end 3333
i5 6600k  - medium -5555
Raedon R7 370 - 5555

would these settings be correct?

The ports actually don't matter - it automatically adjusts. So you could send them all to the same port or split it up like you have.

GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 04:25:53 PM

Who wants to form a block relay network / pool alliance?

It's relatively easy with Monero - all you would need to do is add high-speed / high-hashrate nodes to the
Code:
--add-priority-node
flag when you launch the daemon that serves your pool instance (well, you do it in a conf file, with add-priority-node=IP:port). In my initial attempt to do this for my pool mine.moneroworld.com, I discovered that a striking majority of the pools listed here: https://monerohash.com/#network do not have their node ip's associated with their pool webpage IP or even the mining IP (fancy). Thus, forming this network would require those pool operators to publish their node IPs or communicate it with me or someone else directly.

Why form an alliance/ block relay network?

Well, in terms of decentralization, its not the greatest thing to do. However, this could also speed up block discovery for the network as a whole, and could also possibly increase the alliance's discovery of blocks compared to those not in the alliance (I'm looking at you, mysterious 8.5 MH/s of unknown hashrate).

Isn't this just pool collusion?

Yeah, it pretty much is. Well, its miner collusion, and the miners just happen to be pool operators.

Wait gingeropolous, i thought you hated pooling and were all about decentralization.

Yes, thats true. I still am. However, there's no good solution to prevent pooling that exists right now, so IMO the next best thing is to create a lot of pools and distribute the pool hashrate. And if these pools are directly relaying blocks to each other, then it does make the most sense for a miner to connect to a pool with the lowest ping, because they are (sort of) connecting to a meta-pool.

Won't smart mining help the pooling centralization problem?

Sure, smart mining will exist eventually, but it doesn't now. In the meantime, I try to work with the skills I have.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: