Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:00:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Mining  (Read 264624 times)
sparks2013

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 04:38:55 PM

Hey all,

Has anyone tested the p2.8xlarge or p2.16 series from amazon?  I know returns aren't likely to be had, but wondering what type of hashing power these produce.

Thanks!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clockbits

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 11:51:53 PM

I've only tested g2.8xlarge which gives a combined cpu +gpu of 1.8k or so

I'm guessing the p2.8xlarge would be somewhere near the 3-3.5k mark and p2.16xlarge twice that.

I'll check if there's a preexisting AMI with CUDA set up to launch a spot instance and run a benchmark....(if there isn't I can't be bothered to set it up from scratch ...sorry Smiley )
clockbits

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 12:46:25 AM

Hey all,

Has anyone tested the p2.8xlarge or p2.16 series from amazon?  I know returns aren't likely to be had, but wondering what type of hashing power these produce.

Thanks!

p2.8xlarge

CPU (xmr stak cpu 22 threads...46MB of L3 cache)

840 h/s

GPU

1.9KH/s

so total of 2.740KH/s

less than my previous estimate due to the fact i thought there was a higher L# cache on the p2 instance cpus...there isnt , so cpu performance is similar

p2.16xlarge would be twice that at 5.5KH/s

per cpu/gpu core the performance is almost identical to the g2 instances...(ie grid k520 is just as fast if not faster than a k80 when it comes to cryptonight)

a g2.8xlarge with 32vcpus and 4 grid k520s does 800 or so cpu and 1k GPU (from 4 gpu cores)..
sparks2013

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 03:50:14 PM

Hey all,

Has anyone tested the p2.8xlarge or p2.16 series from amazon?  I know returns aren't likely to be had, but wondering what type of hashing power these produce.

Thanks!

p2.8xlarge

CPU (xmr stak cpu 22 threads...46MB of L3 cache)

840 h/s

GPU

1.9KH/s

so total of 2.740KH/s

less than my previous estimate due to the fact i thought there was a higher L# cache on the p2 instance cpus...there isnt , so cpu performance is similar

p2.16xlarge would be twice that at 5.5KH/s

per cpu/gpu core the performance is almost identical to the g2 instances...(ie grid k520 is just as fast if not faster than a k80 when it comes to cryptonight)

a g2.8xlarge with 32vcpus and 4 grid k520s does 800 or so cpu and 1k GPU (from 4 gpu cores)..

Thank you! Exactly the information I was looking for! Smiley
nathalie20
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 09:14:49 AM

Is the reward for block is changing? if so, when will happen?
Regards Nathalie20
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 09:19:11 AM

Regards Nathalie20

It happens all the time.
nathalie20
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 09:25:31 AM

Regards Nathalie20

It happens all the time.

when it is next?
M5M400

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

supportXMR.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 02:43:25 PM

Regards Nathalie20

It happens all the time.

when it is next?

in about 2 minutes.

there is no halving or similar. reward declines steadily with each block

supportXMR.com :: EU(DE) based Monero pool :: 0.6% fee
nathalie20
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 01:42:55 PM

Regards Nathalie20

It happens all the time.

when it is next?

in about 2 minutes.

there is no halving or similar. reward declines steadily with each block

interesting solution.
too little time to follow the development of all coins.
Regards
lamak123

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 12:49:55 PM

This is a detailed guide to setup cloud miners (cpu+gpu) on Amazon EC2. I put together this guide for user oda.krell, who was kind enough to give me a very nice tip for it, so thanks should also go to oda.krell.

OK,
So here goes (assuming you have your ec2 account all set up and linked to credit card, which you can do here: http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/ ):
1) Click on EC2, and then click on Spot Requests under Instances on left sidebar.
2) Click Request Spot Instances blue button near top, and then click Community AMIs and search for XMRminer. Select XMRminer2.
3) For Instance Type, select GPU instances g2.2xlarge, click next and set your maximum price (kind of expensive now, need to do like $0.09 per hour, used to be more like $0.06).
4) Click Review and Launch and then click Launch. At this point you need to setup your ssh keys. I did this a while ago, so I don't remember exact details, but it should be pretty straightforward. Here is a link to Amazon's official tutorial on key pair creation:
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/ec2-key-pairs.html
Let me know if you have issues.
5) Make yourself a cup of tea and wait 30-120 seconds while your instance is prepared.
6) You'll need to ssh into your instance. On Linux you just put your ssh keys in ~/.ssh and set permissions for 400 (I think), and if you ssh from that folder, that's all you need to do. I think on Windows, using Putty, you need to maybe convert the key to putty's format using an extra putty tool. Let me know if you need additional help with this. Here are Amazon's official links on how to connect if you're having trouble:
ssh/Linux - http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/AccessingInstancesLinux.html
Putty/Windows - http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/putty.html
More Putty - http://docs.aws.amazon.com/gettingstarted/latest/wah-linux/getting-started-deploy-app-connect.html
7) Click on Instances in the left sidebar, and you should see a g2.2xlarge instance with green circle that says running. Click that and then click Connect at the top, and it should give you your IP address to connect to with some instructions.
8 ) On Linux your ssh command should look like:
Code:
ssh -i aws1.pem ubuntu@54.191.192.111
Use ubuntu as user not root.
9) Maybe it's more like 180-300 seconds. Drink some tea while waiting.
10) When it prompts you to permanently add key, click "yes".
11) Now, you need to edit cpustart.sh and gpustart.sh in your home directory using either vi or nano, unless you want to mine to my XMR address Wink It looks like if you want to mine directly to exchange, just replace my XMR address in both files with YourExchangeXMRAddress.YourExchangePaymentID.
12) You need to run two commands, one to make gpuminer work, and other to make cpuminer much faster:
Code:
sudo ldconfig /usr/local/cuda-5.5/lib64
sudo sysctl -w vm.nr_hugepages=24
13) I just made another script called start.sh to launch both miners at once, and it seems to work. So do:
Code:
touch start.sh
then vi or nano start.sh and add:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
screen /home/ubuntu/cpustart.sh
screen /home/ubuntu/gpustart.sh
then:
Code:
chmod 755 start.sh
and then launch with:
Code:
sudo screen ./start.sh
You need the screen so that when you disconnect your ssh session, the miners keep mining.

That's it. You can disconnect and both miners should be hashing away. You can ssh back in and run
Code:
ps -A
and you should see minerd and ccminer listed in the processes somewhere near the bottom.

If you want to launch a shitload of instances, then obviously you want to automate this process and not do it manually every time. In this case, you need to make sure you edit the files so that they have your XMR address and not mine, and create the start.sh script in home directory, then edit the rc.local file by doing:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/rc.local
and add the following lines:
Code:
ldconfig /usr/local/cuda-5.5/lib64
sysctl -w vm.nr_hugepages=24
screen /home/ubuntu/start.sh
This way, as soon as the instance boots up, it should autolaunch the miners. I haven't tried this final automation part (as I don't normally launch a shitload of instances), but I think this should work, and I'm gonna verify it now.

Now, go back to your EC2 console, right-click on the g2.2xlarge instance in your Instances window, and select Create Image. This will sever your connection and cause a reboot, but you will now have your own image/AMI that you can launch 10s or 100s or 1000s of, just by entering however many instances you want when filling out your spot request form.

I just tried the rc.local thing, and it seems to auto-launch ccminer and minerd Smiley

If you would like to send me some coins for tip, here is btc:
Code:
1Gy2BQKMVjvWdRnG3Ktwm2cXdEyL8ZdqvE
and xmr addresses:
Code:
49jkaP1xDZrEYaWxtoToPzitbQh6Z7Vv8c3MwtP49wsZhJUR5VojrxcKgb76zT8XRU5AAWHVptx4RgxgLb5fX7iM2vBSKXA

Let me know if you have any questions or anything. And if you want to repost anywhere, I don't mind. Good luck Smiley

Hello ;

please what can Add or Edit in  : (cpustart.sh and gpustart.sh) ?

Thank's for help ; u'r the best

-
manotroll

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 05:14:10 PM

This is a detailed guide to setup cloud miners (cpu+gpu) on Amazon EC2. I put together this guide for user oda.krell, who was kind enough to give me a very nice tip for it, so thanks should also go to oda.krell.

OK,
So here goes (assuming you have your ec2 account all set up and linked to credit card, which you can do here: http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/ ):
1) Click on EC2, and then click on Spot Requests under Instances on left sidebar.
2) Click Request Spot Instances blue button near top, and then click Community AMIs and search for XMRminer. Select XMRminer2.
3) For Instance Type, select GPU instances g2.2xlarge, click next and set your maximum price (kind of expensive now, need to do like $0.09 per hour, used to be more like $0.06).
4) Click Review and Launch and then click Launch. At this point you need to setup your ssh keys. I did this a while ago, so I don't remember exact details, but it should be pretty straightforward. Here is a link to Amazon's official tutorial on key pair creation:
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/ec2-key-pairs.html
Let me know if you have issues.
5) Make yourself a cup of tea and wait 30-120 seconds while your instance is prepared.
6) You'll need to ssh into your instance. On Linux you just put your ssh keys in ~/.ssh and set permissions for 400 (I think), and if you ssh from that folder, that's all you need to do. I think on Windows, using Putty, you need to maybe convert the key to putty's format using an extra putty tool. Let me know if you need additional help with this. Here are Amazon's official links on how to connect if you're having trouble:
ssh/Linux - http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/AccessingInstancesLinux.html
Putty/Windows - http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/putty.html
More Putty - http://docs.aws.amazon.com/gettingstarted/latest/wah-linux/getting-started-deploy-app-connect.html
7) Click on Instances in the left sidebar, and you should see a g2.2xlarge instance with green circle that says running. Click that and then click Connect at the top, and it should give you your IP address to connect to with some instructions.
8 ) On Linux your ssh command should look like:
Code:
ssh -i aws1.pem ubuntu@54.191.192.111
Use ubuntu as user not root.
9) Maybe it's more like 180-300 seconds. Drink some tea while waiting.
10) When it prompts you to permanently add key, click "yes".
11) Now, you need to edit cpustart.sh and gpustart.sh in your home directory using either vi or nano, unless you want to mine to my XMR address Wink It looks like if you want to mine directly to exchange, just replace my XMR address in both files with YourExchangeXMRAddress.YourExchangePaymentID.
12) You need to run two commands, one to make gpuminer work, and other to make cpuminer much faster:
Code:
sudo ldconfig /usr/local/cuda-5.5/lib64
sudo sysctl -w vm.nr_hugepages=24
13) I just made another script called start.sh to launch both miners at once, and it seems to work. So do:
Code:
touch start.sh
then vi or nano start.sh and add:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
screen /home/ubuntu/cpustart.sh
screen /home/ubuntu/gpustart.sh
then:
Code:
chmod 755 start.sh
and then launch with:
Code:
sudo screen ./start.sh
You need the screen so that when you disconnect your ssh session, the miners keep mining.

That's it. You can disconnect and both miners should be hashing away. You can ssh back in and run
Code:
ps -A
and you should see minerd and ccminer listed in the processes somewhere near the bottom.

If you want to launch a shitload of instances, then obviously you want to automate this process and not do it manually every time. In this case, you need to make sure you edit the files so that they have your XMR address and not mine, and create the start.sh script in home directory, then edit the rc.local file by doing:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/rc.local
and add the following lines:
Code:
ldconfig /usr/local/cuda-5.5/lib64
sysctl -w vm.nr_hugepages=24
screen /home/ubuntu/start.sh
This way, as soon as the instance boots up, it should autolaunch the miners. I haven't tried this final automation part (as I don't normally launch a shitload of instances), but I think this should work, and I'm gonna verify it now.

Now, go back to your EC2 console, right-click on the g2.2xlarge instance in your Instances window, and select Create Image. This will sever your connection and cause a reboot, but you will now have your own image/AMI that you can launch 10s or 100s or 1000s of, just by entering however many instances you want when filling out your spot request form.

I just tried the rc.local thing, and it seems to auto-launch ccminer and minerd Smiley

If you would like to send me some coins for tip, here is btc:
Code:
1Gy2BQKMVjvWdRnG3Ktwm2cXdEyL8ZdqvE
and xmr addresses:
Code:
49jkaP1xDZrEYaWxtoToPzitbQh6Z7Vv8c3MwtP49wsZhJUR5VojrxcKgb76zT8XRU5AAWHVptx4RgxgLb5fX7iM2vBSKXA

Let me know if you have any questions or anything. And if you want to repost anywhere, I don't mind. Good luck Smiley

Hello ;

please what can Add or Edit in  : (cpustart.sh and gpustart.sh) ?

Thank's for help ; u'r the best

-

What is the performance of each GPU?
tjox

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:04:29 PM

I have a problem to withdraw from  https://moneropool.com/#. Is there anyone who is mining there that had the same problem?
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:09:32 PM

I have a problem to withdraw from  https://moneropool.com/#. Is there anyone who is mining there that had the same problem?

Sometimes they can be late - I had one payment not sent until .63 xmr...

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
revenant2017

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

Healing Galing

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:34:16 PM

Hello. I'm new to Mining Monero. I have ASICMiner but i don't think it's possible. Can you suggest any hardware or rig that i can use for mining Monero?
Thanks.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:40:46 PM

Hello. I'm new to Mining Monero. I have ASICMiner but i don't think it's possible. Can you suggest any hardware or rig that i can use for mining Monero?
Thanks.

I just use 2 x AMD Radeon RX480's and I get about 1200H/s (Claymore GPU miner on windows 10).

That said - Does anyone have any idea why one is hashing more than the other? Both are the same exact part number, model & FW, and all settings in Radeon Manager are all the same?  Roll Eyes

Cards available: 2
GPU #0: name: Ellesmere, 4096 MB available, 36 units
GPU #1: name: Ellesmere, 4096 MB available, 36 units
Total cards: 2

GPU 0: HashCnt = 1024, time = 1750 ms, hashrate = 585 h/s
GPU 1: HashCnt = 1024, time = 1628 ms, hashrate = 628 h/s

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
pehoko

Activity: 232

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:31:56 PM

Is there asic miners for monero?
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:37:09 PM

No. CPU and GPU.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:43:07 PM

That said - Does anyone have any idea why one is hashing more than the other? Both are the same exact part number, model & FW, and all settings in Radeon Manager are all the same?  Roll Eyes

Back when I had two identical 6770's I also had different rates, with roughly the same percent difference as yours. And then when I had two BTC Jalepenos and later the BTC Block Erupters, those never had the same rates. I guess it's pretty normal but I'd also like to know what the reason is.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
pehoko

Activity: 232

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:50:16 PM

No. CPU and GPU.
Are you sure? Why there is so huge jump in difficulty?
revenant2017

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

Healing Galing

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:27:50 PM

Thanks.

I just use 2 x AMD Radeon RX480's and I get about 1200H/s (Claymore GPU miner on windows 10).

Cards available: 2
GPU #0: name: Ellesmere, 4096 MB available, 36 units
GPU #1: name: Ellesmere, 4096 MB available, 36 units
Total cards: 2

GPU 0: HashCnt = 1024, time = 1750 ms, hashrate = 585 h/s
GPU 1: HashCnt = 1024, time = 1628 ms, hashrate = 628 h/s
Thanks Mate. I will look into that and will see if it was profitable. Electricity cost won't be a problem with me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: