Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:11:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big scam in NXT hundreds of BTC stolen with a one post  (Read 16740 times)
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:05:39 PM

What can one except from 100% premined coins. Sad

There is no mining in Nxt. It is Proof of Stake, everyone have 60 days to express an interest, ask questions and join. Only 103 did and only 73 came forward to claim their stake.

About the scam (the real one, not the one in your imagination): John is not a public (or any) boss, he is someone who represented the community at PayExpo. He has attended less than half of the conferences Nxt has attended. It was not 250k, it was 74 BTC total, 49 from one person who was specificly targeted. There is no evidence at this point that it was John, more likely that his email account was hacked to reset passwords on nxtforum and twitter. It's being investigated.

But go on with your nonsense, facts just get in your way.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:06:43 PM

Are you people slow? Someone pulled a scam with a forum post. How is this about Nxt?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 12:39:31 PM

Are you people slow? Someone pulled a scam with a forum post. How is this about Nxt?
It's kind bad press for NXT. Scams related to a certain coins usually make people stay away from it (yes this goes for Bitcoin too, but it is worse for alts). It's not a problem in the coin though.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Daedelus

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:42:01 PM

The problem is misrepresentation: this scandel doesn't involve a single NXT, nor was the Nxt Platform used  Roll Eyes From what we know, it was a well targetted old fashioned hack.

Who'd of thought it, someone lying on BitcoinTrashTalk  Cheesy
Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:44:21 PM

It's kind bad press for NXT. Scams related to a certain coins usually make people stay away from it (yes this goes for Bitcoin too, but it is worse for alts). It's not a problem in the coin though.

Sure, it's bad press. But mostly because of threads like this, that don't present the facts, but ppl scream second hand information or outright lies.
I'm ok with any real critisism, but if it's done with an agenda or because of stupidity, that bugs me.
Wish people would be reasonable...
Daedelus

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:39:57 PM

I am enjoying the amount of attention that anyone mentioning Nxt attracts  Cheesy

And Nxt's multigateway decentralised crypto to crypto trading was moved to the mainnet yesterday. Perfect timing, not that it will need much promoting Grin Keep up the high profile everyone, people need to know Nxt Multisig is coming
Tai Zen

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 02:26:00 PM

The correct was the guy who supposedly lost password reimburse the sheeps.

another sign that NXT are essentially worthless.

-bm

1.  You just got involved in nxt and somehow or another you managed to convince the community to hand over 2 million nxt to help code nxt at 11274042109288826540.

2.   After accepting the nxt, you now choose to trash nxt.... You claim to be a coder, you know how to read the nxt code, you chose to join the community, no one forced you to adopt the nxt technology, you accepted nxt for development and now trash nxt?  You are a real joker and should not be trusted.  Either that or you have multiple personality disorder in which case you need to spend some of the nxt you hustled from the nxt community and get medical treatment.  If you need medical help, i'm sure the nxt can help get you medical attention.

3.  Otherwise, please state your true agenda here?

4.  Who are you working for and why are you trying to infiltrate the nxt community to spread fud?  especially after countless statements from multiple reliable sources stating that John is cooperating with the investigation?  John is being fully cooperative so what more do you want from the guy?  I can't remember the last time we had a scammer in crypto that was willing to cooperate with an investigation.

5.  Why are you trying to divide everyone in the nxt community?

6.  If you truly believe nxt are essentially worthless, you are always welcome to return the donated NXT back to its original donors and leave the project.

7.  If you continue to work on the NXT projects, then let's try to keep things in a professional level otherwise no one will want to work with you.

Tai Zen

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
VanBreuk

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:35:45 PM

bm - besides the points Tai Zen has brought up, I'm personally stunned at the importance you give to a silly feature like forum karma. There's several members in the Nxt forums that have gathered a lot of negative karma points and don't even give it a second thought. And regardless, if you insist in being hostile and confrontational (some times out of the blue) what do you expect?

I followed your initiatives in Nxt since day 1 and do my best to stay level headed with everything, but it's difficult not to suspect you have an agenda we ignore. Because I don't want to think that someone with your capabilities can rear up this face for a matter of ego.

bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 03:24:45 PM

the project has been overtaken by scam artists.  There are good people in NXT.  The forums at this point are virtually unusable.

note that John never mentioned Virtual Corporations.  There is a reason for that.

-bm

This was one scam, and the mods are working out the details right now but it is looking like John's email account was hacked.

Not sure why this is pushing you to trash talk NXT though.

If you look at his posts on nxtforum, he was increasingly adversarial to the community in the last few weeks. This was only a matter of time.

adversarial?  more like concerned.

-bm

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
Daedelus

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:27:31 PM

the project has been overtaken by scam artists.  There are good people in NXT.  The forums at this point are virtually unusable.

note that John never mentioned Virtual Corporations.  There is a reason for that.

-bm

This was one scam, and the mods are working out the details right now but it is looking like John's email account was hacked.

If you look at his posts on nxtforum, he was increasingly adversarial to the community in the last few weeks. This was only a matter of time.

adversarial?  more like concerned.

-bm

As we are. What's the story with you? Are you in or out, nobody knows.
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 03:46:54 PM

the project has been overtaken by scam artists.  There are good people in NXT.  The forums at this point are virtually unusable.

note that John never mentioned Virtual Corporations.  There is a reason for that.

-bm

-bm

these problems need to be fixed.  if they are fixed, I'm in.   Fact is, NXT needs some housecleaning.

-bm

trl55238

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:30:11 PM

-bm

-bm

these problems need to be fixed.  if they are fixed, I'm in.   Fact is, NXT needs some housecleaning.

-bm

'tis nothing a little money won't fix.
trl55238

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:31:29 PM

and time. Of course.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 05:08:53 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 05:29:45 PM by TwinWinNerD

the project has been overtaken by scam artists.  There are good people in NXT.  The forums at this point are virtually unusable.

note that John never mentioned Virtual Corporations.  There is a reason for that.

-bm

-bm

pay back the 1 Million NXT you stole from the NXT community.

https://nxtforum.org/nxtventures/nxtautodac-all-of-bluemeanie%27s-automated-profit-making-blockchain-companies/60/

farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:09:09 PM

The correct was the guy who supposedly lost password reimburse the sheeps.

another sign that NXT are essentially worthless.

-bm

What's wrong with you man??!  Huh
Daedelus

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:16:12 PM

-bm

-bm

pay back the 1 Million NXT you stole from the NXT community.

https://nxtforum.org/index.php?action=post;quote=47040;topic=1381.60;last_msg=47417

Problem with the link...
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 05:18:40 PM

unfortunately the sock puppet army is out in full effect right now.

just to give you an example, there was never a community payment of 1 million nxt.  I already claimed that I would be willing to refund(at my own cost) the payment from the Technical Development Committee.  

The fact is that I simply cannot be around these criminals.  Clearly a theft took place, and many deceptions aimed at robbing people of their money and I simply wont be a part of it.  I don't care if I am dirt poor as a consequence.  It's wrong.  It's unethical.

earlier in this thread, Evil Dave made an excuse for the theft of 1/4 million dollars.  I just couldn't stomach that at all.  This was some clueless kid's life savings no doubt.

-bm

Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:26:19 PM

It's kind bad press for NXT.

This scammer scammed bitcoins, not nxt.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 05:28:40 PM

just to give you an example, there was never a community payment of 1 million nxt.  I already claimed that I would be willing to refund(at my own cost) the payment from the Technical Development Committee.  

The fact is that I simply cannot be around these criminals.  Clearly a theft took place, and many deceptions aimed at robbing people of their money and I simply wont be a part of it.  I don't care if I am dirt poor as a consequence.  It's wrong.  It's unethical.

earlier in this thread, Evil Dave made an excuse for the theft of 1/4 million dollars.  I just couldn't stomach that at all.  This was some clueless kid's life savings no doubt.

-bm

You do have an excuse for everything don't you?

Fact is you got a community bounty and OTHER donations and raised funds for a total of 1 M.

You now decided to not deliver, now return it or be brandmarked as the scammer you clearly hat so much.

bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 05:31:36 PM

-bm

You do have an excuse for everything don't you?

sorry if your sock puppet spam isn't working.  Making up stories doesn't help you much.

-bm

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: