Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:52:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big scam in NXT hundreds of BTC stolen with a one post  (Read 16740 times)
Digicoiner

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

In Crypto I trust.

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:24:09 AM

Just feel that NXT is very dirty.

Lots of other coins have had their controversies.  It's an unregulated environment.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:20:49 AM

Wow just wow....202 BTC sent to the supposed BTC address.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 07:47:01 AM

I had a bad feeling about that guy from the start.  Most of the NXT people talk it up, but he was screaming how great it is.  Anytime somebody is screaming on these forums I think it is a scam.  But so far all the NXT people have been really honest and generally involved in the tech.  This guy though didn't have anything to do with developing.  So sad that one guy can pump the price so high and then rip people off. 

lopalcar

Activity: 312
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:24:09 AM

I had a bad feeling about that guy from the start.  Most of the NXT people talk it up, but he was screaming how great it is.  Anytime somebody is screaming on these forums I think it is a scam.  But so far all the NXT people have been really honest and generally involved in the tech.  This guy though didn't have anything to do with developing.  So sad that one guy can pump the price so high and then rip people off. 

It was a hacker which toke the control of Jhon's account, wasn't it? That could happen to anyone.... what we should do now is verify the identity when one of the community members asks for this amount of money.
It was a Hacker which have nothing to do with nxt security or the integrity of this guy... Is like one reputable member of btc community get hacked and ask for funds, no one doubt about his good intentios and everyone send money thinking that is the real account owner
Ivan166

Activity: 153
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:35:18 AM

Who will recover losses? CoinTropolis team should take care about scam consequencies.

Monero is your money privacy.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:36:53 AM

I had a bad feeling about that guy from the start.  Most of the NXT people talk it up, but he was screaming how great it is.  Anytime somebody is screaming on these forums I think it is a scam.  But so far all the NXT people have been really honest and generally involved in the tech.  This guy though didn't have anything to do with developing.  So sad that one guy can pump the price so high and then rip people off.  

It was a hacker which toke the control of Jhon's account, wasn't it? That could happen to anyone.... what we should do now is verify the identity when one of the community members asks for this amount of money.
It was a Hacker which have nothing to do with nxt security or the integrity of this guy... Is like one reputable member of btc community get hacked and ask for funds, no one doubt about his good intentios and everyone send money thinking that is the real account owner

There's no ascertained hacker - only speculation at the moment as no one can apparently get a hold of him.  John is apparently on the world's longest flight, probably has zipped around the equator a few times.   Wink

Shouldn't people have John's phone number?

BM's theory is likely the correct one - John is a crooked guy who saw an opportunity to build hype and now he's gone (in the wind) with $200K+.  He'll probably infiltrate another coin community and try to get money off them.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 08:39:15 AM

Holy crap!
It's Pirate all over again... There you go, people dealing with scamcoins, this is what you get.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:43:58 AM

Holy crap!
It's Pirate all over again... There you go, people dealing with scamcoins, this is what you get.

Parazyd, are you retarded? What has this to do with NXT? The same in the same exactly terms could be performed for BTC.

NXT stands clean. It is just greedy people who get assf**ed.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:49:53 AM

NXT doesn't care, NXT is a technology, like any other, and better than most if not the best. NXT/BTC going up steadily.
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

...until someone sells more than 100 NXT at once and hiccups the thin market  Roll Eyes

However i cant believe one thing. If there is so high virtual market cap and so low liquidity why there is no rat which sells its stake and gets it before the others can do. (and lets the others to cry over the value of their bag thousand times less than before). It is a really well working trust, sad but respect to this trust... Because one rat with so high bag can destroy the whole value being the only one profit maker. With so high bag you can just troll the other stakeholders. I think it didnt happen just because the liquidity is so low that even the one rat cant sell its bag. Or - more probable - just because the biggest bagholders are one big group, family or just one guy. The technical analysis of market value vs. price per NXT is the best evidence of this.

BTW this is not off-topic the weird liquidity was the only reason why this scam succeeded (and peoples stupidity of course).

In Pump and Dump we trust.
Ashbite

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:05:44 AM

Again a scamcoin in action, really wondering when this is gonna stop.
These things really hurt the trust in eachother Sad

Ive been scammed myself, and i really felt terrible.
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:30:20 AM

Again a scamcoin in action, really wondering when this is gonna stop.

You do realize that BITCOINS were stolen, right?
funnynews (OP)

Activity: 278

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:50:46 AM

I bet my balls that the guy up and will even convince idiots that was hacked.

CryptoGuu

Activity: 321

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:54:47 AM

Wow just wow....202 BTC sent to the supposed BTC address.

The hacker has sent himself bitcoins to this adress. We know about 70~ coins that are lost

NXT doesn't care, NXT is a technology, like any other, and better than most if not the best. NXT/BTC going up steadily.

+1
rajc

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:26:20 PM

It is so sad to watch some bitcoin guys trying so hard to rationalize why they did not buy in NXT sooner, or being afraid they are never going to repay their ASIC ..

arbitrary messages, alias system, asset exchange (with ton of great projects being funded), NO GHash.IO, multigateway (decentralized currency exchange) in beta test .. stable network with ~1 min blocks and instant transactions in development

it is going to get really hard for you ..

(that is the reason why no one is selling and this minor scam affair is not going to change it)
Tai Zen

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 06:42:55 PM

I had a bad feeling about that guy from the start.  Most of the NXT people talk it up, but he was screaming how great it is.  Anytime somebody is screaming on these forums I think it is a scam.  But so far all the NXT people have been really honest and generally involved in the tech.  This guy though didn't have anything to do with developing.  So sad that one guy can pump the price so high and then rip people off.  

There's no ascertained hacker - only speculation at the moment as no one can apparently get a hold of him.  John is apparently on the world's longest flight, probably has zipped around the equator a few times.   Wink

Shouldn't people have John's phone number?

BM's theory is likely the correct one - John is a crooked guy who saw an opportunity to build hype and now he's gone (in the wind) with $200K+.  He'll probably infiltrate another coin community and try to get money off them.

Here are some observations:

1)  It appears the majority of the btc in the account belong to the scammer and was used to "prime the pump" and create a sense of "social proof" to make it seem legit.  The bitcoins were sent into the account in roughly 3 min and roughly 15 min intervals which is weird.... statistically, it doesn't appear to be statistically probable that random people around the world would just send btc in precise time intervals like that which leads me to think that probably 175 of the those 202 btc already belong to the scammer.

2)  There has NOT been conclusive evidence that John Manglaviti is guilty nor innoccent.  I have friends sitting in u.s. prisons for being accused of drug crimes in which they did not commit or even know about so let's make sure we have irrefutable evidence before we start making judgement or accusations.

Having "feelings about the guy" or he "screaming about how great he was" will probably not constitute as "evidence" in most people's eyes or in any court.

3) I personally know that nearly half a dozen people are in direct contact with John investigating this matter at the moment and they will probably share their findings once they have some solid proof of guilt or innocence.

4)  John is not the "public face" or "public figure" or "leader" of nxt.  We have ricky james, myself, brian snyder, etc. and many others who have spoken publicly about nxt.  does that make us the public figure of nxt? probably not.  all it means is that we spoke about nxt in public.  Don't kid yourself about this "public" or "leader" nonsense.

5) Some say, "The statue of limitations for these sort of crimes is 7 years or less."  This is not true. In the U.S. if the police does not know that a crime existed there is no statue of limitation.  A statue of limitation begins when the police are fully aware that a crime happened and chose not to pursue it. in this case, a crime has occurred but no one knows who is the perpetrator so the crime can be picked up at any time when the police decide to investigate it.

6) The nxt community is made up of very talented and smart individuals n fairly experienced in crypto.  Accusing the nxt community of being foolish about giving up 200 btc to a scammer is retarded especiallly when the majority of the btc in the scammer's account was owned by the scammer himself.  Let's not make a mountain out of an ant hill.

7)  The best way to clear up this mess n move on is not to make accusations but to put yourself in the shoes of John and ask yourself.... if you were innocent... what would you do to provide conclusive evidence that you were innocent to the community?  Then ask John to provide the evidence.
If John is guilty then I do hope he gets what he deserves.  However, if he is innocent, it would be a shame to slam an innocent person with a lifetime ban in crypto.

My comments here are just my opinions based on the experiences I've had with the U.S. federal court systems.  Do not think that I believe John to be innocent or guilty.  I am simply stating what i observe and investigating the truth as well.

Tai Zen

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
rajc

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:44:59 PM

and btw
gocoin is integrating NXT (https://twitter.com/GoCoin/status/478603222945644544)
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:47:00 PM

I know firsthand that NXT was created as a 100% scam coin, but still can be used if the community want to push it forward. They made a lot of money out of the suckers.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:55:48 PM

I know firsthand that NXT was created as a 100% scam coin, but still can be used if the community want to push it forward. They made a lot of money out of the suckers.

U obviously have no idea what u talking about. nice post for a good laugh though Cheesy

KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:03:12 PM

U obviously have no idea what u talking about. nice post for a good laugh though Cheesy

I know what I am talking about Smiley

The bigger the effort the more you can make, I am not saying it was a effortless scam, these guys deserved it!  
They are the wolf of wallstreet in the alt world.

NEM will be Wolf of Wallstreet 2 on a lot larger scaler then NXT. 25% of BTCTALK will be hyping it when it's released as part of PMs to high profile community members who have been convinced to invest and join the ranks. NEM will be the ultimate scam... once again well deserved.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: