Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:16:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 [589] 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Litoshi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 11:00:34 PM

There is a trust system in place for delegates. DELEGATE VOTING

If you dont know who a delgate is owned by, dont vote for them

If a delegate has lousy up time, vote them down

Exactly, this information should be clearly visible and public when you are in the act of voting. At the moment, it is not. You would need to scour the crippled forums of forum.crypti.me to find who's the owner of which delegate.

Thats my point....... If the name of the delegate does not tell you who owns it, dont vote for it.  If a delegate owner wants votes, they need to make their ownership self-evident.  No one should have to do dep research for this.

GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 12:55:15 AM

There is a trust system in place for delegates. DELEGATE VOTING

If you dont know who a delgate is owned by, dont vote for them

If a delegate has lousy up time, vote them down

Exactly, this information should be clearly visible and public when you are in the act of voting. At the moment, it is not. You would need to scour the crippled forums of forum.crypti.me to find who's the owner of which delegate.

This is definitely an interesting aspect of future development options. I have often argued within the Foundation that we really need to focus on the dapp store and web presence (front-end) of the network as a possible avenue to increase the capability and function of the entire network. Storing descriptions of delegate accounts, avatars / photos, links, reviews, etc, would be a lot to store on the blockchain and over time might cause too much bloat. There is no reason why those features can't be run as a web property by the Foundation or a company to incorporate all of the information using traditional means. You could store the vote (for reviews) and ratings on the blockchain to ensure they were secure and as unbiased as possible. At the end of the day, developers want an easy to use system that allows them to distribute their applications with ease, in a feature rich environment, with a strong discovery system to allow people to find them. This is why my argument for months, is that now that we are nearing the completion of the core network features, our focus should be on expanding the functionality of the dapp store, discovery engine, and possibly even an advertising engine (or allowing one to be easily incorporated), as well as creating our own well developed and feature rich dapps for the store. I strongly believe that the dapp store itself is one of our strongest properties moving forward and has a lot of room for expansion of features.

Of course these are just my thoughts... But i'm always interested to hear from you guys about this stuff.

MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 03:27:51 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2016, 10:44:16 PM by MalReynolds

Getting the Crypti DPoS system healthy is the first priority for Crypti to survive.

A massive reshuffle of Crypti votes in the past few days has left the DPoS system reeling.  Currently over 30% of DPoS Active Delegates are offline, and soon an additional 35% of Active Delegates will go offline, too.

17 "Long-Time" Delegates That Are Currently Offline:

amanai
arman
Azkhabar
boris
cryptiNeo
Dragon88
escrow
Ferrari
HolyGrail
lead.developer
Lenticularis
LesPaul
masterforger
peanuts
poker
TwoTime
wsec

15 "New" Active Delegates That Have Apparently Not Yet Set Up A Node, So Also Currently Offline:

An additional 15 new recruits have apparently gone from Standby to Active, and they obviously have not set up a node yet.  Hopefully they will...if only they could be contacted. (THIS IS WHY I HAVE ADVOCATED GATHERING EMAIL ADDRESSES IN THE CLIENT WHEN SIGNING UP TO BE A DELEGATE - MAYBE YOU GUYS WILL IMPLEMENT THIS NOW?).  They will probably need help if / when they set up a node, a role previously done mainly by Max and Olivier...

belpheg
btc
checkraiser
eth
Gabes.bit
GermanWhite
hansolo
Karasur
Lemix
nrp
Pioneerbear
Ratnet
whit
xhipster
xortrox

32 Currently Forging Nodes By Olivier / Max That Will Go Offline Soon:

Olivier is currently running an additional 29 Crypti nodes he will be shutting down on March 21.  Max is running at least 3 more Crypti nodes, maybe more, that are going away also.

Aetherfields
AncientIsland
AuroraBorealis
BlackSands
CircularRuins
CryptiChain
CryptiChat
CryptiKit
Eden
EyesDown
Filaments
FirstRain
FoldedSpace
Helios
HiddenRefuge
InvisibleTemple
Kamoukie
Karmacoma
Karmacrypto
Kiara
Koronoko
LostCaverns
Lyra
Nyx
Olivier
Tchamantche
Telomere
Verbena
Zen

Max
CHIP
Raspberry Pi

Do the math.  To get to 101 Forging Delegates, 17 + 15 + 29 + 3 = 64 Crypti nodes need to be set up by March 21 - less than 60 days away.

26 Current Standby Delegates / New Community Members Who Could Go Online

Here's 26 current standby delegates who are not original Crypti Foundation nodes.  I recommend voting these individuals up.  We know nothing about them other than their demonstrated willingness to join Crypti and their desire to participate.  In desperate times, that's enough.  If only we knew their emails and could contact them...oh wait, I already ranted on that above.

Barie
Borpf
Crypti4all
DonaldTrump
dx101
ern
forykw
Hubtm.VR
Intrinsic1
Intrinsic2
ligaya9
maigj
NateDangerous
Nrp2
Pikachu
Roland
shop
Smalik
SwampAngel
team
Technologov
test_delegate
th40
Vinter
Wulfcastle
yuhiesirs

Keep Track Of The Numbers Here:

http://live.crypti.me/

Borpf

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 03:49:08 AM

I just started my Crypti Pi2 Node again. Named Borpf like here at Bitcointalk.
Its only one, but every one is a part of something bigger. Wink

Je kleiner der IQ, desto größer die Bildschirmdiagonale
Borpf

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 06:59:24 AM

We need something like that:  Grin

Je kleiner der IQ, desto größer die Bildschirmdiagonale
bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 12:11:33 PM

I was actually going to build a cluster of 10 Bitseeds (bitseed.org) to do this but it turns out multiple delegates can run on a single CPU since they run sequentially.

Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 05:30:17 PM

Getting the Crypti DPoS system healthy is the first priority for Crypti to survive.

A massive reshuffle of Crypti votes in the past few days has left the DPoS system reeling.  Currently over 30% of DPoS Active Delegates are offline, and soon an additional 35% of Active Delegates will go offline, too.

17 "Long-Time" Delegates That Are Currently Offline:

amanai
arman
Azkhabar
boris
cryptiNeo
Dragon88
escrow
Ferrari
HolyGrail
lead.developer
Lenticularis
LesPaul
masterforger
peanuts
poker
TwoTime
wsec

15 "New" Active Delegates That Have Apparently Not Yet Set Up A Node, So Also Currently Offline:

An additional 15 new recruits have apparently gone from Standby to Active, and they obviously have not set up a node yet.  Hopefully they will...if only they could be contacted. (THIS IS WHY I HAVE ADVOCATED GATHERING EMAIL ADDRESSES IN THE CLIENT WHEN SIGNING UP TO BE A DELEGATE - MAYBE YOU GUYS WILL IMPLEMENT THIS NOW?).  They will probably need help if / when they set up a node, a role previously done mainly by Max and Olivier...

belpheg
btc
checkraiser
eth
Gabes.bit
GermanWhite
hansolo
Karasur
Lemix
nrp
Pioneerbear
Ratnet
whit
xhipster
xortrox

32 Currently Forging Nodes By Olivier / Max That Will Go Offline Soon:

Olivier is currently running an additional 29 Crypti nodes he will be shutting down on March 21.  Max is running at least 3 more Crypti nodes, maybe more, that are going away also.

Aetherfields
AncientIsland
AuroraBorealis
BlackSands
CircularRuins
CryptiChain
CryptiChat
CryptiKit
Eden
EyesDown
Filaments
FirstRain
FoldedSpace
Helios
HiddenRefuge
InvisibleTemple
Kamoukie
Karmacoma
Karmacrypto
Kiara
Koronoko
LostCaverns
Lyra
Nyx
Olivier
Tchamantche
Telomere
Verbena
Zen

Max
CHIP
Raspberry Pi

Do the math.  To get to 101 Forging Delegates, 17 + 15 + 29 + 3 = 64 Crypti nodes need to be set up by March 21 - less than 60 days away.

26 Current Standby Delegates / New Community Members Who Could Go Online

Here's 26 current standby delegates who are not original Crypti Foundation nodes.  I recommend voting these individuals up.  We know nothing about them other than their demonstrated willingness to join Crypti and their desire to participate.  In desperate times, that's enough.  If only we knew their emails and could contact them...oh wait, I already ranted on that above.

Barie
Borpf
Crypti4all
DonaldTrump
dx101
ern
forykw
Hubtm.VR
Intrinsic1
Intrinsic2
ligaya9
maigj
NateDangerous
Nrp2
Pikachu
Roland
shop
Smalik
SwampAngel
team
Technologov
test_delegate
th40
Vinter
Wulfcastle
yuhiesirs

Keep Track Of The Numbers Here:

https://cryptichain.lisk.io/delegateMonitor

http://live.crypti.me/ is live, it is using Oliviers repository from the cryptichain.me site. No more linking into Crypti's temporary blockchain explorer Smiley

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 08:12:24 PM

Just a heads up, the Crypti Dapp docs on GitHub are outdated, or simply aren't correct. I tried to set up an environment on Linux (Ubuntu 15.04) following this tutorial to the tee : https://github.com/crypti/crypti-dapps-docs/blob/master/EnvironmentSetup.md, but was unable to. The Testnet Client simply doesn't install properly, with the current instructions.

Currently there are 0 DApps submitted by the community,  0. I'm trying to fiddle around with creating one, but nobody seems to care about this. Max and Olivier were the only people that used to respond to these questions, and it seems like once they've left nobody else wants to answer them.
GreXX

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 08:18:31 PM

Just a heads up, the Crypti Dapp docs on GitHub are outdated, or simply aren't correct. I tried to set up an environment on Linux (Ubuntu 15.04) following this tutorial to the tee : https://github.com/crypti/crypti-dapps-docs/blob/master/EnvironmentSetup.md, but was unable to. The Testnet Client simply doesn't install properly, with the current instructions.

Currently there are 0 DApps submitted by the community,  0. I'm trying to fiddle around with creating one, but nobody seems to care about this. Max and Olivier were the only people that used to respond to these questions, and it seems like once they've left nobody else wants to answer them.

We definitely apologize for the delay in getting an answer, but we are working to get through the immediate issues with delegates and materials that were removed or taken down in the last few days. As soon as we finish we will take a look at the docs. I will ask Boris if he can take a look sooner, but please be patient as we work through the immediately pressing issues. I believe this was brought up yesterday and we simply haven't gotten there yet. It's not being ignored I assure you.

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 08:44:51 PM

Currently there are 0 DApps submitted by the community,  0. I'm trying to fiddle around with creating one, but nobody seems to care about this. Max and Olivier were the only people that used to respond to these questions, and it seems like once they've left nobody else wants to answer them.

We definitely apologize for the delay in getting an answer, but we are working to get through the immediate issues with delegates and materials that were removed or taken down in the last few days. As soon as we finish we will take a look at the docs. I will ask Boris if he can take a look sooner, but please be patient as we work through the immediately pressing issues. I believe this was brought up yesterday and we simply haven't gotten there yet. It's not being ignored I assure you.

Considering the fact that there have been 0 submitted entries to the DApp contest, and I would like to build one, is there any chance the deadline could be extended? If I wasn't able to get anywhere on Linux with setting up the environment, I doubt others would have got anywhere too. The problem isn't with configuration, but with the actual client itself.
GreXX

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 08:54:58 PM

Currently there are 0 DApps submitted by the community,  0. I'm trying to fiddle around with creating one, but nobody seems to care about this. Max and Olivier were the only people that used to respond to these questions, and it seems like once they've left nobody else wants to answer them.

Considering the fact that there have been 0 submitted entries to the DApp contest, and I would like to build one, is there any chance the deadline could be extended? If I wasn't able to get anywhere on Linux with setting up the environment, I doubt others would have got anywhere too. The problem isn't with configuration, but with the actual client itself.

Definitely. I'd like everyone to keep bringing these and I am making an immediate list of action items to address with the Foundation. I am hoping we can have a meeting Saturday on Crypti Chat (Rocket Chat Server) so you guys can all sit in and add any additional issues / talking points.

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 09:04:07 PM

Definitely. I'd like everyone to keep bringing these and I am making an immediate list of action items to address with the Foundation. I am hoping we can have a meeting Saturday on Crypti Chat (Rocket Chat Server) so you guys can all sit in and add any additional issues / talking points.
Sure, decide on a time and I'll be there.
karmacoma24

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

LiskHQ CTO

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 09:32:06 PM

Hello,

Regarding Crypti.Chat, the domain was successfully transferred over to the foundation yesterday.

I didn't want to just shut it down, so it will stay online until you have the new instance ready.

However, please can you arrange for the new instance to be deployed asap, as I'm paying for the current one every hour.

I will obviously supply a snapshot of the database at your convenience.

Thanks...

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
GreXX

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 09:51:06 PM

Hello,

Regarding Crypti.Chat, the domain was successfully transferred over to the foundation yesterday.

I didn't want to just shut it down, so it will stay online until you have the new instance ready.

However, please can you arrange for the new instance to be deployed asap, as I'm paying for the current one every hour.

I will obviously supply a snapshot of the database at your convenience.

Thanks...

We were talking about it just now. We are working to switch it over. If need be, we will reimburse for up to now. I was informed we paid you for all the servers through 2015, but we can reimburse you for January/Feb as well. Send me a PM with the details.

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:45:33 PM

http://live.crypti.me/ is live, it is using Oliviers repository from the cryptichain.me site. No more linking into Crypti's temporary blockchain explorer Smiley

I've made the change in my delegate list post above, thanks for the link.
crypti (OP)

Activity: 511

Boris, Crypti Lead Developer, Lisk Advisor

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 10:53:05 PM

Thanks, we had problem with our obfuscation (now source code is opened and this is not required now) in the start of this year, because build in this documentation was broken.

I fixed docs, i still need to upload macos VM (linux VM already uploaded), but i will do it very soon.

If you are interesting, there is a lot of examples of dapps in our github - https://github.com/ . You can look.

There is token dapp and part of bitcoin integration in DApp Toolkit.
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 12:32:11 AM

http://live.crypti.me/delegateMonitor is not working.

https://cryptichain.lisk.io/delegateMonitor is working.

Just sayin'.
DrBeer
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1972

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 08:37:40 AM

Crypti4all

it is my account, if there are questions - PM
PS I hold the node NXT, HZ, Qora... (Win)

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 04:22:20 PM

Thanks DrBeer. We are working the delegate voting now.

Any other posts claiming existing delegates or starting new ones are very helpful as well.

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 01:19:20 AM

Thanks, we had problem with our obfuscation (now source code is opened and this is not required now) in the start of this year, because build in this documentation was broken.

I fixed docs, i still need to upload macos VM (linux VM already uploaded), but i will do it very soon.

If you are interesting, there is a lot of examples of dapps in our github - https://github.com/ . You can look.

There is token dapp and part of bitcoin integration in DApp Toolkit.

Hey Boris

I've given it another go, and I managed to get the environment setup and the Testnet client running, but the problem, this time, is that if I try to access: http://localhost:7040, it just times out, despite the client running perfectly.
Pages: « 1 ... 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 [589] 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: