Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:37:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 [583] 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804605 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 07:11:03 AM

Ethereum market cap is 600 times that of Crypti

anybody care to venture a guess as to the direction of this multiple in the future?

please dont be too public about this, thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lujunqing7890

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 11:53:05 AM

XCR technology where 600 times will come, someday.

loveyouforever

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:07:34 AM

Does Crypti support Smart Contract? If it does, what's the difference with Ethereum's?
crypti PR

Activity: 154

Crypti Public Relations

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 07:50:01 AM

Does Crypti support Smart Contract? If it does, what's the difference with Ethereum's?

Yes and no. We have a very different system as Ethereum. Check this image for a beginning point.

Crypti's Decentralized Applications and Dapp Store: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9o5X4xHJnc
Join our Chat: https://crypti.chat/
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:31:41 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2016, 09:53:17 AM by child_harold

Crypti is one of the names that comes up in the smart contract world.
A cursory glance suggests much work has gone into this project and without much recognition.

Is there a list of dapps under development for Crypti? Is Sia a Crypti dapp (if not whats the connection)?
Is Crypti in talks with any companies/orgs to trial its technology?

it strikes me the numbers below can be improved upon. Thoughts?

EDIT #1: I have just noticed you're running a dapp contest which ends in 10 days.
How many submissions have you had?
https://crypti.me/contest

EDIT #2: Read the following with great interest.
https://blog.crypti.me/crypti-responds-to-incorrect-cointelegraph-article/

I believe the following quote is powerful and provocative enough to stimulate quite some chatter/buzz:
Crypti provides the world's first framework for Turing complete decentralized applications and custom sidechains programmed in regular JavaScript, making it accessible to millions of developers who are already familiar with this language. Through the integrated Dapp Store and cryptocurrency/token system it is easy for developers to distribute and monetize their applications right after launch.

Finally, are you guys on Azure yet? You should be.

megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:18:38 PM

So pretty much Crypti is better than Ethereum, has been overlooked by most, and will be going up 20x in the near future. Smiley

child_harold

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 02:23:31 PM

So pretty much Crypti is better than Ethereum, has been overlooked by most, and will be going up 20x in the near future. Smiley

I'd imagine there are pros and cons to sidechaining dapps and Id imagine a pro of the Crypti approach might be to give devs more flexibility and control when designing their dapps. Is this the case? Either way Crypti seems ready for prime-time. So the question is: Who's using it?

child_harold

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:00:13 PM

Hello?

crypti PR

Activity: 154

Crypti Public Relations

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 08:34:59 PM

Hey child_harold, sorry for the late response. Smiley

Is there a list of dapps under development for Crypti? Is Sia a Crypti dapp (if not whats the connection)?
- Here is a dapp: https://forum.crypti.me/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=260
- This is a dapp I'm coding right now: https://github.com/maxkk/guestbookDapp
- Another dapp: https://github.com/crypti/EncryptiDApp
- The token dapp, still in alpha: https://github.com/crypti/TokenDApp

I don't know if there are others right now. Sia is a decentralized storage option which has a partnership with Crypti. If you coded your own dapp, you can store it on the Sia network. Check: http://www.sia.tech

EDIT #1: I have just noticed you're running a dapp contest which ends in 10 days.
Not many right now. Maybe we will get some last minute submissions or all the coders will send the dapps in at the last minute. Not sure.

No, we aren't. We know we should be. Smiley

I'd imagine there are pros and cons to sidechaining dapps and Id imagine a pro of the Crypti approach might be to give devs more flexibility and control when designing their dapps. Is this the case?
Your points are all right. Additionally, it keeps the Crypti network very lean and efficient. The blockchain is still very small in comparison to other systems. Smiley

Crypti's Decentralized Applications and Dapp Store: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9o5X4xHJnc
Join our Chat: https://crypti.chat/
child_harold

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:22:46 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2016, 09:35:16 PM by child_harold

- Here is a dapp: https://forum.crypti.me/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=260
- This is a dapp I'm coding right now: https://github.com/maxkk/guestbookDapp
- Another dapp: https://github.com/crypti/EncryptiDApp
- The token dapp, still in alpha: https://github.com/crypti/TokenDApp

I don't know if there are others right now.

This is a little disappointing. But it's a start. Did you expect to have more dapps by now?
And https://github.com/crypti/crypti-dapps-docs/blob/master/RedditDapp.md ?

Not many right now.

Could you be more specific? $5000 should be a good incentive.

Have you approached Microsoft?
Getting on Azure would be huge for you.

Thanks for your replies.

PS Your documentation and tutorials appear most thorough. kudos.
https://github.com/crypti/crypti-dapps-docs
Overall I'm slightly confused as to why you dont have a stronger following.
I hope (and suppose) that in time you will.

bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 07:42:09 PM

Have you approached Microsoft?
Getting on Azure would be huge for you.

Thanks for your replies.

PS Your documentation and tutorials appear most thorough. kudos.
https://github.com/crypti/crypti-dapps-docs
Overall I'm slightly confused as to why you dont have a stronger following.
I hope (and suppose) that in time you will.

Paperwork was submitted to Microsoft to join Azure several weeks ago. We are awaiting response.

LiskHQ

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 07:46:10 PM

Olivier and Max leave Crypti to establish Lisk!

Hello Crypti community,

With a heavy heart we (Olivier and Max) are announcing are immediate departure from the Crypti Foundation today. The past 18 months have been awesome, we learned and worked an extreme amount, formed great friendships with many community members, and created a strong bond with the Crypti network.

Unfortunately, our passion and combined work force couldn’t find full potential within the Crypti Foundation. Lengthy polls and no clear management resulted in a huge lack of progress. We are both big open source fans and tried our best to make Crypti more open and public. We created a proposal to build out Crypti into a popular open source project, but it wasn’t well received by the foundation.

Therefore we decided to leave Crypti and fork it. Make it better and take it to the next level. Fortunately Crypti is being released under The MIT License which makes our actions possible. This was the beginning of Lisk, an evolution of Crypti.

A new Ecosystem

To make Lisk a reality we worked over the past month to completely re-create the Crypti ecosystem under our new brand. You can check out our awesome new website and faucet. You can also take a look at our new Lisk.Chat and our Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Reddit pages. Obviously we also created our own forum, Bitcoin Talk and Bitcoin.com Thread.

To better cater for developers we started a GitHub organization and added a new documentation section to our website. The documentation page is still work-in-progress, so you may find a few links (e.g. the API’s) are offline. We will configure them as soon as possible.

New Features

During the past month we made significant efforts to improve the existing client. The design was re-branded and we cleaned out the whole frontend code base, in which we still found many fragments of very early Crypti versions. We also fixed many browser related issues, logical errors (e.g. that you can add yourself to the contact book), and generally improved the whole consistency of its design.

As a new feature of the network itself, we have implemented Forging Rewards which on the one hand creates a bigger incentive to secure our blockchain and on the other hand rewards the delegates for keeping their nodes online. More information about the forging rewards can be found in our FAQ > Economy > How are LISK created?.

We also changed the transaction fee to a constant 0.1 LISK, from the previously 0.1% of the transacted amount. This prevents dust from accumulating and makes performing exact LISK transactions much easier for the average user.

Financing our Plans

In order to kick start our platform, i.e. pay for developers and marketing, we will hold an ICO starting 22nd February 2016, in which we will accept Bitcoin, Crypti and Ethereum. At this point we can only say that we will keep a constant conversion rate for your Crypti at 1300 satoshi per XCR. We feel this provides a fair value to your XCR and creates an escape route to a fresh project for the whole Crypti community. More details will be published soon.

Much more to come!

There is still much work to do, if you want to help, please join our Lisk.Chat so we can take a look where you can help.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Max Kordek, CEO
Olivier Beddows, CTO

This is my (Max) official account now. You can find our Bitcoin Talk Thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1346646

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
child_harold

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 08:42:52 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2016, 08:56:26 PM by child_harold

OK, so my first reaction is WTF?

Thats gotta be a new personal best: I check out the project, ask a few Q's and 72 hours later…

Ill re-read your reasons for forking off but OMG I feel stupid. Thanks.

EDIT: I re-read your post and I still dont really get why you're leaving.

Fortunately Crypti is being released under The MIT License which makes our actions possible

Didnt you guys make Crypti? The good fortune being you chose that license? Forget about it, its too galling for words if the case.

Vega

Activity: 739
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 08:53:06 PM

I'm not sure what to think about this. It could go either way.
I'm frustrated with the lack of progress, after the original consensus system failed, the resulting delay pretty much killed this project's progress. By the time the new algo come around the community was not that interested.
I think interest can be revivied (and I'm holding a signficant amount of coin beliving that), but in the last few months not much happend in this regard.

So watching very closely.
If Lisk will truly offer a fixed rate buy offer for Crypty that will do some interesting things for both coins price and volume, at least. And with volume, comes interest.
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 11:12:34 PM

MY THOUGHTS

I just wanted to come and clear some air and post my thoughts.

The Crypti Foundation brought Max on over a year ago because he was motivated and we wanted community member involvement. From the minute he got into the foundation he worked very hard and was highly dedicated to the project.  Because I didn't have 100% of my time to devote, and I'll be honest, sometimes I had very little time at all to devote to the project as a hobby on my part, the foundation rewarded him continually with increased responsibility, involvement, and say in the project, to help alleviate my frequent absence. A few months ago (which according to the Lisk website, he began building Lisk at least a couple months ago), Max and Olivier made a proposal to the Foundation for a possible method of moving forward now that the initial obligations from the ICO (i.e. all core features) were ready to be launched. That proposal was met with initial enthusiasm by some, some thoughts on possible ways to move forward in that direction, but no one, at any time, shut down their proposal. Stas had another concept for how to move forward and proposed his initial thoughts on where he wanted to go with the project. His thoughts and ideas were immediately met with negative reaction by Max and I would say he greatly opposed the path Stas laid out for the future of Crypti. I believe this is where the animosity or disenfranchisement must have started. Although I will say, pieces of the plan Max opposed and shot down are in his way forward for Lisk, which I find somewhat perplexing and a bit questionable. At the end of the day, Stas was refining his proposal along with help from Mike so that we could make a final decision on where to go.

No one in the foundation knew that Max was planning this, no one authorized him to take the website materials (which he used for the Lisk website), nor did we at any point get any kind of notice or warning of his intentions. 

To be honest, I would say I personally feel a bit betrayed after everything the foundation has done for Max, but he has made his decision and his decision is to move on.

As far as the blog posts, tweets, Facebook posts, and other PR that Max put out using the Crypti branded media platforms, it was not authorized and was done behind our backs so most of it was removed.

I'm not here to wish Lisk any ill will, I love Olivier to death and think he is a great person, friend, and programmer, and he will do great things wherever he goes. I wish him the best in this endeavor and hope that they find some kind of path forward that works for them.

This issue, the one of how to move forward after completing all of our initial goals, has been one that has been sitting heavy on the foundation for quite some time. There were definitely two opposing sides to this matter, and I think this splintering is a result of the foundation fragmenting along those same lines. 

All programs that are open source eventually get forked. Bitcoin, Litecoin, NXT, they all have clones, forks, and other various projects that have used their technology because there will always be opposing ideas as to what is best for the future. Max believes his idea should be pursued and as he did not have consensus yet among the foundation to pursue it, he made his decision to try and do it his way and Olivier decided to help him get it off the ground.

The rest of the foundation is still in tact and working on a final proposal for where Crypti will go from here and the core team that created the vision for Crypti, built it from the ground up, and are the reason it exists today, are all still here and will continue to press as has always been the case.

DISCLAIMER

I don't speak for the foundation and am not their spokesman. These are my thoughts and mine alone. 

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 11:16:27 PM

With all due respect to Max and Olivier, but no core developers left Crypti, just PR guy and a tool dev. So let's not be too dramatic about it.

child_harold

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 11:47:43 PM

Who remains on the foundation?
How many are actively developing?
Who is Stas? Stas Oskin?

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 11:54:23 PM

hmm...

Avalanche is a must own
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 12:05:50 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2016, 01:46:33 AM by SyRenity

I fully support what Matthew said in the above above and wish the Lisk team success with their project.
Despite the recent difference in opinions, we worked with Max and Olivier during the last year, and their contribution to Crypti promotion and the supporting tools is very valuable.

I do sorry to see them go and launch a competing fork, also because it was done with a very short advance notice to the rest of us, however Crypti is open-source after all and anyone else could or can do it as well.

In general, competition is good, and we hope to see them introducing some interesting ideas we could also find useful  Smiley.

NOTE:
The above is my personal opinion only, and we will publish an official post outlining the Crypti position on the matter later on.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 12:41:09 AM

Guys, ANSWER THIS VERY CLEARLY.

Who is "LEFT" (because it's hard to keep track) and how important has their contribution been to the CODE?
I'm trying to gauge exactly WHO left the project and WHO is left fighting for the original visions we've funded.

Thanks,

Who remains on the foundation?
How many are actively developing?
Who is Stas? Stas Oskin?
Pages: « 1 ... 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 [583] 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: