Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:49:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804605 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:53:59 PM

I bought on the first day and the last it was open.  I had Crypti tokens in my account the entire time till I looked today.  How do they decide what terms and conditions they want to stick to and which they want to break as not everybody checks this thread daily.  It is disgusting to sell a product on the basis that it will be distributed at a later date, hold the funds and then decided to break the original conditions of the sale and refund on the justification that you can't break your original terms.

If you bought within the 750 cap, you should have received the XCR (including the bonus).
Please use your ID to verify that on the ledger:
http://crypti.me:2159/

If all listed fine and you still don't have the XCR in your balance, please PM me the ID, and we will check it with Bter ASAP.

As per the reasons to start the early-trades on the XCR tokens, please see both the following poll and blog-post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=708720.0
http://blog.crypti.me/pre-trade-announcement-ticker

In nutshell, we raised this option to community decision only after being approached multiple times by pre-sale participants, who looked to trade stakes, and tried escrowing their Bter accounts through us. The link to poll was also featured on the Bter site (CRSALE section).

Only after the community clearly confirmed that they prefer this option, we agreed to let Bter started the early-trading 10 days before the scheduled mainnet launch and genesis distribution start.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:02:59 PM

...Only after the community clearly confirmed that they prefer this option, we agreed to let Bter started the early-trading 10 days before the scheduled mainnet launch and genesis distribution start.

JUST stop it. 62 BCT accounts (not even proven to be investors) does not equate the investors clearly stating anything other than they did not want to participate or they were unaware. Your spreading lies and it detracts even more from the launch.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Litoshi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:04:50 PM

I guess the only sticky part is the 10 btc on the waiting list... they technically put their btc in now and would be entitled to a 24% bonus but there is no telling which day the return will happen that will let them come off the waiting list... So what % bonus do they get for having thier btc tied up for the next 3 weeks to potentially get them right back if no one returns...

Any purchase that was performed on Bter before the buy option was removed, is considered as finalized CRSALE purchase and will be eligible to the a 24% bonus, in case there are refunds.

Pretty disgusted in the Crypti team, This was the last I read on Crypti before I just left it as I thought it wasn't going to be made available till August 10th.  I had bought on the last day of the presale and thought I got in in time I RECEIVED Crypti tokens.  I took a break from bter and for the most crypto trading with the exception of a few threads.  I just logged onto my Bter account to find Crypti trading early and No Crypti in my account but my Bitcoin refunded.   How do you justify having to stick to the terms and conditions of the original post, overselling holding my bitcoin for weeks telling me I was going to receive Crypti ( I wasn't on any waiting list I had Crypti tokens)and then Refunding my account and opening trading early thus breaking the original Terms and conditions that it would not be traded early. This is disgusting behaviour!!  

There are two things in life that go away if you ignore them......... Your teeth and your investments.

You snooze, you lose

samsmith16

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 03:17:10 PM

3rd highest 24hr trading pair on Bter and only been trading for 3hrs

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 03:34:55 PM

What exactly did you expect?

samsmith16

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 03:43:39 PM

What exactly did you expect?

I don't expect... I just thought it worth posting...

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
BEECoinfan

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:49:20 PM

I guess the only sticky part is the 10 btc on the waiting list... they technically put their btc in now and would be entitled to a 24% bonus but there is no telling which day the return will happen that will let them come off the waiting list... So what % bonus do they get for having thier btc tied up for the next 3 weeks to potentially get them right back if no one returns...

Any purchase that was performed on Bter before the buy option was removed, is considered as finalized CRSALE purchase and will be eligible to the a 24% bonus, in case there are refunds.

Pretty disgusted in the Crypti team, This was the last I read on Crypti before I just left it as I thought it wasn't going to be made available till August 10th.  I had bought on the last day of the presale and thought I got in in time I RECEIVED Crypti tokens.  I took a break from bter and for the most crypto trading with the exception of a few threads.  I just logged onto my Bter account to find Crypti trading early and No Crypti in my account but my Bitcoin refunded.   How do you justify having to stick to the terms and conditions of the original post, overselling holding my bitcoin for weeks telling me I was going to receive Crypti ( I wasn't on any waiting list I had Crypti tokens)and then Refunding my account and opening trading early thus breaking the original Terms and conditions that it would not be traded early. This is disgusting behaviour!!  

There are two things in life that go away if you ignore them......... Your teeth and your investments.

You snooze, you lose

For a company wanting to be accepted in mainstream they need to stick to their terms and conditions.  They explicitly stated that IT WOULD NOT TRADE before August 10th so checking it 8 days previous to when it is supposed to be available is not ignoring an investment.

Its a double edged sword because they Said that even though it was Sold they could not break their terms and conditions and go over their cap (could have come out of their share) but its OK to break the terms and conditions of when it is available for sale robbing those who were awarded tokens of their tokens and the opportunity cost of having that Bitcoin tied up.

Either way I PM'ed Syrneity with my details and I will await his response before commenting further in case of a mix up or problem.  

SyRenity

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:53:22 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 04:06:52 PM by SyRenity

JUST stop it. 62 BCT accounts (not even proven to be investors) does not equate the investors clearly stating anything other than they did not want to participate or they were unaware.

There were actually 93 votes, and while I agree that it was far from ideal, together with the poll thread posts it still represented that most received the early-trade idea positively.
If the situation was otherwise (as with total cap opinion for example), we would never have proceeded with this scenario.
ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:59:03 PM

JUST stop it. 62 BCT accounts (not even proven to be investors) does not equate the investors clearly stating anything other than they did not want to participate or they were unaware.

There were actually 93 votes, and while I agree that it was far from ideal, together with the poll thread posts it still represented that most received the early-trade idea positively.
If the situation was otherwise (as with total cap opinion for example), we would never had proceeded with this scenario.

The ones who voted are the one who cared. 93 votes are not small number because newbie accounts are not allowed to vote. I agree that the vote should count.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:05:13 PM

If the situation was otherwise (as with total cap opinion for example), we would never had proceeded with this scenario.

The poll was meaningless, so not sure why it's even brought up at all. For  any IPO coin that sells out, if offered a poll, will invariably have lots of people voting for an early sale. Just the way it is ... and most voting don't own the coin, missed out on the IPO and are hoping for a cheap price before the the regular sale even starts. Of course there are those who gambled their rent money on an IPO and want to dump as soon as possible, so they too may vote for an early sale. Either way, the poll's results were pretty much a given before a single person voted.

The early sale was done, so we will just have to live with it. Breaking the rules of the IPO may not look so great, and for precisely the reason that BEECoinFan mentioned. Those over the cap and with a chance of still getting IPO coins then had no chance whatsoever.

If the team still wanted to do an early presale, they should have used some of their own crypti and sold them to all over-the-cap people, so everyone would have been happy.
SyRenity

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:18:37 PM

The early sale was done, so we will just have to live with it. Breaking the rules of the IPO may not look so great, and for precisely the reason that BEECoinFan mentioned. Those over the cap and with a chance of still getting IPO coins then had no chance whatsoever.

As I just have PM'ed BEECoinFan, our main goal with this move was to protect the buyers, looking to swap their Bter accounts. We felt it's a reasonable compromise to slightly advance the trades (due to Bter being the major genesis block destination), especially after seeing the poll thread responses.  It also why we did our best to refund these who had their CRSALE pending ASAP, so they could get their BTC back for other opportunities.

I do agree that we could have communicated it better, and perhaps the outcome of the opinions would be different then.
We are learning from this experience, and will apply additional communication mediums next time to reach as many buyers as possible, when such important decision is needed.
ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:22:34 PM

The poll was meaningless, so not sure why it's even brought up at all. For  any IPO coin that sells out, if offered a poll, will invariably have lots of people voting for an early sale. Just the way it is ... and most voting don't own the coin, missed out on the IPO and are hoping for a cheap price before the the regular sale even starts. Of course there are those who gambled their rent money on an IPO and want to dump as soon as possible, so they too may vote for an early sale. Either way, the poll's results were pretty much a given before a single person voted.

If the team still wanted to do an early presale, they should have used some of their own crypti and sold them to all over-the-cap people, so everyone would have been happy.

I voted no for trading pre-launch but I don't see allowing trading is such a big deal. If the team has no obligation with those over the cap. They come late when the theater is full so what do they expect ? those people can only getting in if someone chooses to refund and it is very unlikely given how hot the IPO was.

Late comers can buy a pretty good deal now which is just 50% above IPO price. In other scenario, if there is no pre-launch trading, the fund would be held up until launch with a small possibility of getting IPO price. But if those late comer don't get IPO price because there is no refund, they likely won't be able to get in at this price currently. More likely 3 or 4 time more expensive. It is much better to be able to buy now for these later comer imho.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:24:30 PM

As I just have PM'ed BEECoinFan, our main goal with this move was to protect the buyers, looking to swap their Bter accounts. We felt it's a reasonable compromise to slightly advance the trades, having Bter as the major genesis holder, especially after seeing the poll thread responses.  It also why we did our best to refund these who had their CRSALE pending ASAP, so they could get their BTC back for other opportunities.

I do agree that we could have communicated it better, and perhaps the outcome of the opinions would be different then.
We are learning from this experience, and will apply additional communication mediums next time, to reach as many buyers as possible.

Better communication may have helped, but again, your main mistake was expecting the poll to really mean anything. You should have paid more attention to what people were saying in that actual thread, and I don't mean the one sentence replies asking repeatedly when the coin would go on sale ... like they were sitting at a vegas table. The reasons why people said this was a bad idea was all that mattered. There were ways around it, go over the cap, use your own coins to cover over the cap people, and so on ... but really if you wanted to break the rules to allow early trading, you should have also figured out a solution for all of those people hurt by that decision too.

Anyway, as you say, consider it a learning experience.

Litoshi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:25:55 PM

With a price now of 1500 satoshi, XCR has a market cap of 1500BTC, making it #40.  The volume of 67 BTC, places XCR in the top 20.  

With additional trading today, XCR may make the top 10 or even #7 for past 24hrs

poornamelessme

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:28:25 PM

I voted no for trading pre-launch but I don't see allowing trading is such a big deal. If the team has no obligation with those over the cap. They come late when the theater is full so what do they expect ? those people can only getting in if someone chooses to refund and it is very unlikely given how hot the IPO was.

Late comers can buy a pretty good deal now which is just 50% above IPO price. In other scenario, if there is no pre-launch trading, the fund would be held up until launch with a small possibility of getting IPO price. But if those late comer don't get IPO price because there is no refund, they likely won't be able to get in at this price currently. More likely 3 or 4 time more expensive. It is much better to be able to buy now for these later comer imho.

It's probably not that huge a deal. But I can understand if someone bought the coin, figured they owned it... logged in days later to see early trading started and they had no actual coin, how they could be annoyed. The key problem was how the IPO was set up. Typically IPOs don't allow purchases once they go over the cap to begin with.

I also am not so fond of IPOs breaking their own rules, as it sets up fodder for trolls to use later on. But I do agree with you that overall the end result for most people as far as getting coins or not probably would have been the same. It just looks sort of bad, and people could use the argument that although the team was under no obligation to those over the cap, perhaps they should have been after they changed the rules for early trading.
Cannon Fodder

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:36:54 PM

fodder for trolls to use later on.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l103/Raventree442000/5y2gw9t.jpg

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/mooning/moon-from-car.gif
kelvng105

Activity: 267

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:37:29 PM

What was the price of the IPO per Crypti?

Bag Holding: BTC, VIA, XCH, SLG, VDO, SYS
BTC: 1MJSbm9r6tKUx3XGNeWyjue8AgCoYFhf6Z 
VIA: VrYnZm1Fk2dk3aSwByoro4kaV5gCcmPwva
VDO: VJzPMoyQ4NEXebn73t1ZGVPCCEtUGJjS8r
MadGhost

Activity: 294

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:38:21 PM

still not fail it has been recovering much and will be doing good.

profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 04:38:37 PM

With a price now of 1500 satoshi, XCR has a market cap of 1500BTC, making it #40.  The volume of 67 BTC, places XCR in the top 20.  

With additional trading today, XCR may make the top 10 or even #7 for past 24hrs

Looking at some of the coins in the top 40 for market cap, I think Crypti has plenty of space to grow from here.

Also really happy I managed to buy a bit more and am already in profit on that!
SyRenity

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:40:10 PM

Better communication may have helped, but again, your main mistake was expecting the poll to really mean anything. You should have paid more attention to what people were saying in that actual thread, and I don't mean the one sentence replies asking repeatedly when the coin would go on sale ... like they were sitting at a vegas table. The reasons why people said this was a bad idea was all that mattered. There were ways around it, go over the cap, use your own coins to cover over the cap people, and so on ... but really if you wanted to break the rules to allow early trading, you should have also figured out a solution for all of those people hurt by that decision too.

Anyway, as you say, consider it a learning experience.

Thanks for the feedback, it certainly helps to hear a thoughtful criticism of how we could have handled it better.

We are very welcoming such kind of feedback, and will apply it as we move forward.
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: