Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:24:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804604 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sharky444

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:04:04 PM

Some decent video to promote the coin, is still necessary.

Radix - just imagine

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
samsmith16

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 06:39:19 PM

Good work we just took the 34th place in Mcap   @ 2000 sat we bump Megacoin out of 31st place

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 06:40:52 PM

Some decent video to promote the coin, is still necessary.

As mentioned previously, we have a completed script for the video and it is almost ready for production. This will be one of the priority actions after the main net is launched and we ensure stability. Members of our team will be shifting to their post-launch functions very soon and you will start to see a lot more movement on other fronts. Some things we simply haven't talked about much yet because we have been focused on a smooth and successful launch.

samsmith16

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 06:56:46 PM

Hey Dev have you even heard word from Bter yet? I don't want to make it sound like they are holding our coins hostage for commision... But I feel like you guys should have heard from them by now.. if even a email like.. "hey we are working on it..."

Royalties
Quantumtangles

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:13:46 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2014, 07:50:33 PM by Quantumtangles

It would be really nice to have an exchange which lets you set the stop-limits/stop-orders as percentages of price so they can dynamically adjust to market conditions. Even better if there were the ability to add in an algorithm to factor in volatility and other measures.

Litoshi's advice is very sound for trading. It would be great to have him on the Foundation Board to help manage the portfolio.

We are considering diversifying funds as 1/4 Bitcoin, 1/4 precious metals, 1/4 national currencies from resource economies and non-debtor nations like Australia, Singapore, Canada, and Norway, and 1/4 Crypti, accumulated during dips to stabilize price and useful to give new development team members a stake in the success of the project. We welcome any suggestions from the investment community on how to invest and manage the funds.

Forget the BTC part. BTC has found its trading range around $600, and will move very slowly, if at all.  Also, the value of all ALTCOINS and XCR is pegged to BTC.  Any price change in BTC affects XCR.  So that makes 50% of your investment in cryptocurrency.  far too much.

Best investment right now is stock in Silver miners, especially Silver Wheaton, Endeavor Silver.  Reason is, the price of Silver is at the cost of production for the miners.  They are barely breaking even.  Any rise in the silver price is all profit, as production costs stay relatively the same in the short term.  Miner stock typically sells for 5 times earnings.

A $2000 investment can get you 100 ounces of silver bullion or about 325 shares of EXK, Endeavor Silver.  When the silver price rises from today's $20 to $30 an ounce, your silver is now worth $3000, but the stock would have risen from $6.13 to around $13.00 ($4200)

With a $50 silver price, your bullion is worth $5000, but the stock would be selling for around $80.00 a share ($26,000).

For updated analysis on mining stocks, I recommend you check the following:

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Matlack/2014-08-05-Metals-Mining-Analysts-Ratings-Estimates-Seniors.html

http://www.kitco.com/

Excellent advice on investment tactics Litoshi. The only point on which I disagree is the price of BTC. Yes indeed it has stabilised recently at circa $600, however, I reasonably believe it will rise sharply over the next 3-4 months. This is because major retailers and companies such as Dell now accept BTC. The reason it has not yet caused price rises is that, by way of example, serious tech people do not use Dell computers running windows and as many of us are electronic engineers, we are not as much in thrall to fancy expensive gadgets as the general population are. Why spend thousands of dollars on fancy looking kit from a retailer who now accepts BTC if you can build it yourself from stuff in your parts bin? In point of fact, geeks never run MS windows at all if they can avoid it, preferring to buy state of the art motherboards and modding them for relevant applications. Accordingly they normally build their own rigs and run Ubuntu, Linux distros or maybe Mint Cinnamon.

Conclusion: Powerful reasons for BTC to rise sharply in price have had little impact on committed geeks. However, allowing a 3-4 month time lag between geek awareness and general population awareness, this indicates to me that BTC will rise sharply in 3-4 months. I estimate a 75% probability BTC will hit $800- $1100 in that time frame. Regretably this is intuitive on my part and cannot be demonstrated empirically.

Thanks again for the excellent trading tips.

Edit: Dell began accepting BTC within the last week or so. A bunch of other mainly tech retailers also announced they accept BTC very recently. What impact does this have on real tech-heads? Nil. What impact will it have on the general population who have no clue how to build electronic gadgets and no real sense of how much integrated circuits, capacitors inductors and resistors really cost and no real sense of how to assemble them into useful devices? Significant impact even though they are much slower to react, having lost the 'guidance' of the tech heads they normally mimic who have responded to these announcements with riproaring indifference. Geeks may be outnumbered millions to one. Hence BTC price rise as soon as the herd has had enough time to react suboptimally to that to which geeks have already reacted optimally.
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:48:13 PM

Hey Dev have you even heard word from Bter yet? I don't want to make it sound like they are holding our coins hostage for commision... But I feel like you guys should have heard from them by now.. if even a email like.. "hey we are working on it..."

We are in constant contact with Bter, and know they are testing the integration before they will be ready to switch to the mainnet.

Once we hear their confirmation, we will post an update here as well.
samsmith16

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 07:49:35 PM

We in constant contact with Bter, and know they are testing the integration before they will be ready to switch to the mainnet.

Once we hear their confirmation, we will post an update here as well.

Great to hear!! Thank you

Royalties
wesdewayne

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 08:16:36 PM

Its ideas like this one, and developers that can follow through that make this coin extremely exciting.

From the Crypti whitepaper;

"A merchant may create an asset to represent an item he carries or a service he provides. The vendor may choose to create a custom network for his catalog, with an asset redeemable for each item for sale. These assets, once issued, may be exchanged.

An exchange service can create its own network and fee structure to issue and exchange assets on its own blockchain, offering redemptions in and out of the exchange in return for its Crypti based assets. With this technology, blockchain based digital gold, silver, fiat, commodities, even gems may be issued as warehouse receipts against secured physical inventory or holdings in secure vaulted storage."

Not only am I excited for my day 1 purchase to explode in value, but for the first time in quite some time, I'm actually excited to see what this system will become!  

Cheers,

Wesdewayne
Controller | Cryptomen.com
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:22:50 PM

Bter update

Bter has finished testing the testnet operations and has green-lit the switch to mainnet (with some minor remarks).

We are now preparing the mainnet package for Bter and for public download, and will post both here and in our blog once it released.
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:28:39 PM

ETA? Smiley

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:30:43 PM

Bter update

Bter has finished testing the testnet operations and has green-lit the switch to mainnet (with some minor remarks).

We are now preparing the mainnet package for Bter and for public download, and will post both here and in our blog once it released.

Nevermind. Yes they Posted on Twitter a couple Minutes ago

Bter :
We have done Crypti (XCR) transfer on the testnet. Crypti (XCR) withdrawal will be enabled soon on the mainnet for all users.

Avalanche is a must own
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:34:20 PM

Excellent advice on investment tactics Litoshi. The only point on which I disagree is the price of BTC. Yes indeed it has stabilised recently at circa $600, however, I reasonably believe it will rise sharply over the next 3-4 months. This is because major retailers and companies such as Dell now accept BTC. The reason it has not yet caused price rises is that, by way of example, serious tech people do not use Dell computers running windows and as many of us are electronic engineers, we are not as much in thrall to fancy expensive gadgets as the general population are. Why spend thousands of dollars on fancy looking kit from a retailer who now accepts BTC if you can build it yourself from stuff in your parts bin? In point of fact, geeks never run MS windows at all if they can avoid it, preferring to buy state of the art motherboards and modding them for relevant applications. Accordingly they normally build their own rigs and run Ubuntu, Linux distros or maybe Mint Cinnamon.

Conclusion: Powerful reasons for BTC to rise sharply in price have had little impact on committed geeks. However, allowing a 3-4 month time lag between geek awareness and general population awareness, this indicates to me that BTC will rise sharply in 3-4 months. I estimate a 75% probability BTC will hit $800- $1100 in that time frame. Regretably this is intuitive on my part and cannot be demonstrated empirically.

Quantum:

I used to build computers as well, Greenscreens even.  Loved those Weitek co-processors and the soundblasters.  14.4 modems......wheeeeeeeeee!!!!!   Dr DOS!!!  Newsgroups!!!  No spam emails or web ads!!!  Archie, not Google!!  AH... nothing like the sound of those tones when the modem got a clean 2400 baud connection.  ISDN anyone??

Linux... been there, done that... but the programs I needed for business, such as Primivera P3 and MS Project, did not work on Linux.  It was also difficult in the 90s to find peripherals that had Linux drivers.  WinModems....YUCK!

As for BTC, and XCR, the future of cryptocurrency has to evolve out of the "Tech heads" and to the "I turn the key and it goes" crowd, especially the unbanked.  It is estimated that 80% of the world population is unbanked.  A huge market for an alternative.

Did you know that there are billions of $ sent every month from first world countries to third world countries, and that many of the receivers do not have bank accounts.  The money transfers are usually accomplished thru forex dealers located in ethnic markets, with the money hand delivered to the receiver...... at a very competitive rate of 15-20%.   Shocked

However, many of those receivers have cell phones or even smart phones.  QR Codes are the future here.  Immediate sending and receipt of cybercash, then spent locally thru merchants accepting the cybercash.  The Philippines and Mexico alone are worth 2 billion a month. A SmartPhone APP for XCR will be the match on the fuse.

The one caveat here, is that the value of the cybercash has to be relatively stable.  The 10% daily swings in BTC value that we have seen in the past will only serve to drive users away.  Consumers that will drive across town to save 3 cents on a litre or gallon of gasoline, would not put up with a cybercoin that changes value so quickly.   Would you shop in a grocery market where the price changed as much as 10% up or down in a day?  

I assure you that Dell converts their BTC received in a sale immediately into USD, Reminbi, Euros or Krona.  They need to avoid the price fluctuations.  Likely they also treat the sale as happening in a tax haven country so as to divert the income away from the US tax collectors.

d34g13

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:45:00 PM

cant wait to see how price explodes when people realise that the future might not be a clone of a standard bitcoin wallet,
but a coin that is multiplatform and mobile by design
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

UPDATE

To coincide with the impending launch of the main net and the transition to a fully functioning platform, we would like to announce CryptiTalk - The Official Crypti Forums! Head over, create an account, and let's start up some great conversation!

For the announcement: http://blog.crypti.me/announcing-cryptitalk/

For the Forum: http://cryptitalk.com/

Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:29:30 PM

UPDATE

To coincide with the impending launch of the main net and the transition to a fully functioning platform, we would like to announce CryptiTalk - The Official Crypti Forums! Head over, create an account, and let's start up some great conversation!

Just signed up for the forum, just wanted to let you know that I am able to post something in the "official announcements" tab. Moreover, I am also able to start a new poll, maybe something to look into Wink.

Cheers
samsmith16

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 10:29:39 PM

UPDATE

Cool I will be going by "Mack" over there...

may be a good place to finish the name thread...

We left of at:
Make the smallest unit go to the 9th decimal, instead of the 8th. This way its all based on 1,000 goes to the next unit.
1                    Crypti        
0.001              microCrypti    
0.000001         milliCrypti  
0.000000001    Cryptoshi    

μϾ100 may be good enough same with mϾ100 or Ͼ100μ...
maybe just a symbol for each  Crypti Ͼ and  Cryptoshi ₡  

Ͼ100m
Ͼ100μ
Ͼ100₡

or

mϾ100
μϾ100
₡Ͼ100

or

100 mϾ
100 μϾ
100 ₡Ͼ

Bitcoin is like this now...
0.00000001   satoshi
0.000001      μBTC (microbitcoin)
0.001           mBTC (millibitcoin)

Royalties
samsmith16

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 10:35:11 PM

Here we go posted it over there as well

http://cryptitalk.com/index.php?topic=79.0

Royalties
samsmith16

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 11:04:22 PM

33rd

Royalties
Quantumtangles

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:26:20 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2014, 11:46:59 PM by Quantumtangles

As for BTC, and XCR, the future of cryptocurrency has to evolve out of the "Tech heads" and to the "I turn the key and it goes" crowd, especially the unbanked.  It is estimated that 80% of the world population is unbanked.  A huge market for an alternative.

Did you know that there are billions of $ sent every month from first world countries to third world countries, and that many of the receivers do not have bank accounts.  The money transfers are usually accomplished thru forex dealers located in ethnic markets, with the money hand delivered to the receiver...... at a very competitive rate of 15-20%.   Shocked

However, many of those receivers have cell phones or even smart phones.  QR Codes are the future here.  Immediate sending and receipt of cybercash, then spent locally thru merchants accepting the cybercash.  The Philippines and Mexico alone are worth 2 billion a month. A SmartPhone APP for XCR will be the match on the fuse.

The one caveat here, is that the value of the cybercash has to be relatively stable.  The 10% daily swings in BTC value that we have seen in the past will only serve to drive users away.  Consumers that will drive across town to save 3 cents on a litre or gallon of gasoline, would not put up with a cybercoin that changes value so quickly.   Would you shop in a grocery market where the price changed as much as 10% up or down in a day?  

I assure you that Dell converts their BTC received in a sale immediately into USD, Reminbi, Euros or Krona.  They need to avoid the price fluctuations.  Likely they also treat the sale as happening in a tax haven country so as to divert the income away from the US tax collectors.

I had not thought about any of this before. The unbanked percentage is stunning and therefore what you say makes perfect sense.

Perhaps XCR is best placed to be a candidate solution, provided, as you point out, that there is price stability.

My thoughts drifted towards the idea (however currently unworkable it might seem) of a single currency such as XCR with two tier or multiple tier price fluctuation parameters. What I mean to say is that XCR, having a BTC linked value on the one hand (as traded on international forex) might also have a parallel domestic fluctuation capability on the other, wherein fluctuations of value in certain jurisdictions may take place only at predetermined increments...depending upon the gross GDP of the country in question (as identified by the smartphone hardware). So for example if the forex price of XRC were to fall (or rise) dramatically (versus BTC) by say 10%, smartphone hardware having established the geographical location of the user could nonetheless adapt (within that specific jurisdiction) to retard price fluctuations (keeping them as low as 1000th of actual forex fluctuations) in low GDP countries to create stability for poorer people which might otherwise arise from non-trivial forex fluctuations. Just thinking out loud. The idea in current form is unworthy of those here present not least as there will always be some who would seek to exploit systems aimed at ensuring price stability in low GDP countries.

You got me thinking Litoshi, though perhaps I should keep poorly formed ideas to myself.

Edit: Neo-classical monetary theory is relevant here, that is to say, so called 'trickle down economics' wherein all are supposed to benefit from quantitative easing, even those at the base of the champagne fountain...whereas the truth of the matter is that those at the base of the fountain do not benefit at all because the money (the purchasing power of the money) has continued to devalue on its journey downwards even as more money is poured into the top of the fountain.

Neo-classical monetary theory (still taught in some Ivy League Universities) is nonsense. The poor get poorer because the money that eventually trickles down to them following quantitative easing, is worth less...has less purchasing power due to effluxion of time and constant replenishing of newly created money. Real monetary stability (stable purchasing power) is theoretically possible using cryptocurrencies and the serious minds here present may wish to give the matter their attention.
Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:32:58 PM

It would be a good idea to show a marketing plan, with some points where users can participate.

Radix - just imagine
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: