Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:31:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 [1551] 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984064 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Defender_Of_The_Ancients

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:59:50 PM

I would rather vote for NEM funds to be spent on new internal researches then looking for dev teams around the world to apply and develop new NEM technologies. Similar to what ETC is doing now. Any external requests for funds is a red red red flag!

Consider all the failing insecure Ethereum dapps that just sucked money from crowd funding. NEM dev funds should never get trapped in any sort of crowd funding for projects or Dapps that operates on NEM unless the project/research is a core NEM piece that initially been developed internally by the NEM dev team. Only then we can vote.

A third party request for funds should not even open the door for any sort of voting! I would rather vote and debate such principal first.

That's a very valid point. Always good to read smart posts Smiley

I start to read about XEM project and I see there's a massive community behind. I'm trying to find a project and enter it long-term, XEM is one of the things I start to track.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:08:07 PM

I would rather vote for NEM funds to be spent on new internal researches then looking for dev teams around the world to apply and develop new NEM technologies. Similar to what ETC is doing now. Any external requests for funds is a red red red flag!

Consider all the failing insecure Ethereum dapps that just sucked money from crowd funding. NEM dev funds should never get trapped in any sort of crowd funding for projects or Dapps that operates on NEM unless the project/research is a core NEM piece that initially been developed internally by the NEM dev team. Only then we can vote.

A third party request for funds should not even open the door for any sort of voting! I would rather vote and debate such principal first.

Everytime something like this comes up, I have not seen one developer in the thread asking for a vote or setting up a system for the initial investors to vote on.

We can discuss this all day long, but if we can't actually physically vote then all these are just words and we will be ignored.

Can anyone point me to where the voting is happening? Because I have yet to see it all these years.
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:11:45 PM

Everytime something like this comes up, I have not seen one developer in the thread asking for a vote or setting up a system for the initial investors to vote on.

We can discuss this all day long, but if we can't actually physically vote then all these are just words and we will be ignored.

Can anyone point me to where the voting is happening? Because I have yet to see it all these years.

I followed the NEM forum links and couldn't find any voting there. Can't wait to vote with a BIG NO.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:14:26 PM

If its for the development, I would actually allow the funds to be used, we might not wait for years for NEM to moon its demand. If you are to keep your NEMs anyway, you'd be patient to see price go up again. It started with less than a cent too.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:21:14 PM

That's a very valid point. Always good to read smart posts Smiley

I start to read about XEM project and I see there's a massive community behind. I'm trying to find a project and enter it long-term, XEM is one of the things I start to track.

Agree. WAVES platform has developed and supported token projects within their platforms which is a smart move for them. Its going to be a smart decision for all NEM holders too. Don't wait for ARKs to be developed or you'll end up with copied ideas. Use the funds for new projects.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:24:02 PM

If its for the development, I would actually allow the funds to be used, we might not wait for years for NEM to moon its demand. If you are to keep your NEMs anyway, you'd be patient to see price go up again. It started with less than a cent too.
yes indeed it took only a year and the price went up to this level so what would be the possibility of price increase again after another year, i'm okay if funds needed to be use for more development as we are here to support we already believed and for sure it will make more huge rise up after new development will be offered.
NEMergizer

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:26:41 PM

The proposed NEM authenticator from Atraura Organization seems mainly focused on EASE OF USE. I do not see any new proposed feature other than utilizing multi-sig "which is one of NEM's core features". They will utilize multi-sig in a manner that would make it very easy and simple for users to use it practically for authentication and authorization purposes.

NEM dev team already developed the hard part long time ago "multi-sig". Back then NEM dev team didn't spend $3,000,000+ to develop such impressive core NEM feature.

Atraura Organization is asking for too much funds "$3+ Million" just to utilize NEM technology. It is not smart to waste NEM funds on NEM Dapps. We should vote on the principal that NEM should never fund third party projects unless:

- The research/design been fully developed and approved internally
or
- The added NEM feature been initially requested by the NEM community such as what happened with the hardware wallet request.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:28:24 PM

I followed the NEM forum links and couldn't find any voting there. Can't wait to vote with a BIG NO.

I would also like to vote and have some proper articles/opinions from both sides to make a decision.

The first issue anyone should have right now is to demand a voting system if NEM is truly a currency for the community.
jyrvalor

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:37:25 PM

Here's my 2 nem about the latest community fund proposal.

First thing people need to understand is that the community fund and the development fund are not the same thing.

Community fund was created to fund projects outside of the main nem development.

15 million might sound like much but given that there is currently almost 300 million in the community fund this project would only require about 5% of the fund.

Now about the proposal itself:

Having a development framework would make development on the nem chain even easier.

The guys at Atraura have experience developing for nem so they are not just some random company asking for nems so i think there is a good chance they will finish the project.

Having more projects running on the nem blockchain is the best possible advertisement. (Usually theres an uptick in price on any crypto when new projects are finished)
Not to mention this project would not only help Atraura but every developer that wants to develop for the nem chain.

Last thing i want to say is that the milestones in their request sound very reasonable - for the first ones they only need 1,5 million each.

Red_Sanford

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:44:02 PM

If you look at Dash and their model of the masternodes voting on what to fund each month you can learn how to increase use and utility. Dash has a YouTube channel describing everything about development and   progress etc. Their aggressive advertising has helped them brand their coin. They have paid outside companies to incorporate dash in their websites. Enabling fiat to dash.

Nem is a great platform but it could use some good advertising and videos explaining the utility. This should be done quickly because new platforms are evolving quickly. Dan Larimer has a new project called EOS that seems very similar to Nem.  

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

jyrvalor

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:49:12 PM

The proposed NEM authenticator from Atraura Organization seems mainly focused on EASE OF USE. I do not see any new proposed feature other than utilizing multi-sig "which is one of NEM's core features". They will utilize multi-sig in a manner that would make it very easy and simple for users to use it practically for authentication and authorization purposes.

NEM dev team already developed the hard part long time ago "multi-sig". Back then NEM dev team didn't spend $3,000,000+ to develop such impressive core NEM feature.

Atraura Organization is asking for too much funds "$3+ Million" just to utilize NEM technology. It is not smart to waste NEM funds on NEM Dapps. We should vote on the principal that NEM should never fund third party projects unless:

- The research/design been fully developed and approved internally
or
- The added NEM feature been initially requested by the NEM community such as what happened with the hardware wallet request.

The way i understood that post was that the authenticator would only be the first milestone so it would only cost 1,5 million nem.
NEMergizer

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:50:03 PM

Here's my 2 nem about the latest community fund proposal.

First thing people need to understand is that the community fund and the development fund are not the same thing.

Community fund was created to fund projects outside of the main nem development.

15 million might sound like much but given that there is currently almost 300 million in the community fund this project would only require about 5% of the fund.

Now about the proposal itself:

Having a development framework would make development on the nem chain even easier.

The guys at Atraura have experience developing for nem so they are not just some random company asking for nems so i think there is a good chance they will finish the project.

Having more projects running on the nem blockchain is the best possible advertisement. (Usually theres an uptick in price on any crypto when new projects are finished)
Not to mention this project would not only help Atraura but every developer that wants to develop for the nem chain.

Last thing i want to say is that the milestones in their request sound very reasonable - for the first ones they only need 1,5 million each.

Thanks for clarifying the difference between NEM community funds and NEM Dev funds. From a perspective of spending NEM community funds we should support Atraura. However, still 5% of the NEM community funds is too much to spend on a single project/proposal. Such funds should remains available for years and projects to come. $3,000,000 is too much to spend on the proposed solution. The project can be fully developed with a fraction of the requested funds.
Skelaton4

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:57:14 PM

I would argue that this is a critical time in the history of NEM. Many cryptos are racing to become the chosen Blockchain/coin, innovation at this juncture will help drive adoption. If no one adopts NEM it doesn't matter if we have 1 trillion in the DEV fund if no one is using it. I say go for it.
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 03:15:08 PM

I would argue that this is a critical time in the history of NEM. Many cryptos are racing to become the chosen Blockchain/coin, innovation at this juncture will help drive adoption. If no one adopts NEM it doesn't matter if we have 1 trillion in the DEV fund if no one is using it. I say go for it.

This!

NEM should have something to offer for the users, if it don't these funds will soon be gone with all the massive adoption these days, the projects created for every ICO is aiming for adoption and NEM already have the easy of use. But who would use it when there is nothing inside this chain?

Give away that 15M for the development. Maybe do an ICO which allow investors to only deposit NEM for the crowdfund.
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 03:21:47 PM

With all respect to Albert and Atraura Organization, I am totally and completely against funding any third party organization using NEM funds. NEM funds should only get spent to expand the NEM dev team internally "NOT EXTERNALLY". Any third party organization can create their own crowd funding away from NEM dev funds.
Totally agree with this! Only internal use!

That's ridiculous. There aren't very many of them and they're busy people and not exactly the most reactive or accessible bunch. There's a mountain of money waiting to be used to improve NEM. If an outsider can do it then it should be allocated. Ideas come from everywhere.

I have no clue or opinion about this project, but for instance the upcoming Trezor integration comes from an outside programmer. He did a deal and is being paid by developer funds as far as I know. It's a vast benefit to everyone that wouldn't otherwise have happened.

And this project isn't asking for all the funds upfront anyway.

There were few good points ...

Basically, I would not reject new devs, because they are coming "outside" of NEM.
But the another issues are
a) the possible benefits to NEM
b) the costs

To evaluate the possible benefits, there are needed good examples of the use cases, etc. 5 days is quite short time to study and understand them well enough.

To evaluate the costs there are 2 ways:
how much coding work (men months) the project requires  or/and
how much NEM community values the possible benefits.

NEMergizer

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 03:24:31 PM

With all respect to Albert and Atraura Organization, I am totally and completely against funding any third party organization using NEM funds. NEM funds should only get spent to expand the NEM dev team internally "NOT EXTERNALLY". Any third party organization can create their own crowd funding away from NEM dev funds.

That's ridiculous. There aren't very many of them and they're busy people and not exactly the most reactive or accessible bunch. There's a mountain of money waiting to be used to improve NEM. If an outsider can do it then it should be allocated. Ideas come from everywhere.

I have no clue or opinion about this project, but for instance the upcoming Trezor integration comes from an outside programmer. He did a deal and is being paid by developer funds as far as I know. It's a vast benefit to everyone that wouldn't otherwise have happened.

Basically, I would not reject new devs, because they are coming "outside" of NEM.
b) the costs

To evaluate the possible benefits, there are needed good examples of the use cases, etc. 5 days is quite short time to study and understand them well enough.

Totally agreed on all your points
Scharfenberger

Activity: 186

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 03:43:15 PM

b) the costs

Totally agreed on all your points

Agreed!!
All the major points should be set in stone by a waterproof contract as we're not talking about a giveaway of 50USD.

Scharfenberger

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 03:56:37 PM

Another thought:

I'd like to suggest a capping for every project. Other projects that have been successfully funded by NEM community had a total of around 5 million XEM each (if I'm not mistaken).

Hence, what's about a limit per project of 5 million XEM.
(and under certain circumstances, the inventors can apply for more XEM, if they have reasonable arguments. However, this should just be a exception and not the rule).
Skelaton4

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 04:06:44 PM

One thing to consider is that we are all assuming that NEM is going to INCREASE in value, however, that is not a given. This organization is taking some risk that the NEM they gain from this work will not plummet and they will have received much less money than expected. Nothing is a given in this market. Just a thought.
Scharfenberger

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 04:12:26 PM

One thing to consider is that we are all assuming that NEM is going to INCREASE in value, however, that is not a given. This organization is taking some risk that the NEM they gain from this work will not plummet and they will have received much less money than expected. Nothing is a given in this market. Just a thought.

Since the NEM devs never disappointed us, I highly doubt that NEM's value will decrease in the near future but rather we could face the fact that a funding worth of 5 million XEM could be soon equal to 5 million USD!  
Pages: « 1 ... 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 [1551] 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: