Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:35:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 [1583] 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984217 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:15:51 AM

First time I heard about it.

So let's say I buy 10,001 XEM's.

Then I need to put them into Vested balance mode right?

So my XEM's wont be available any more ? they're like in a "loan" status?

If you can give me some examples/calculations that will be great, so I can jump right on it Smiley

Nope, you can still spend them if you like but your vested balance decreases along with your importance. Your wallet balance becomes vested balance slowly overtime but it is not removed from your wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Metros

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:33:36 AM

If you can give me some examples/calculations that will be great, so I can jump right on it Smiley

Nope, you can still spend them if you like but your vested balance decreases along with your importance. Your wallet balance becomes vested balance slowly overtime but it is not removed from your wallet.

So all I need is to keep 10,001 XEM's in my wallet, convert to vested and it's all automatic right? I don't need to do any thing else besides keeping it on my wallet, closing it and open it in 2020? Smiley
ManonLescaut

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:33:42 AM

yes ive harvested over 6K of XEM from launch Cheesy

What harvesting actually does, is passiv-investing your "parked" money ( at least 10k) for the time you don't move it  (which is most of the time). And that without any risk or costs.
ManonLescaut

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:37:59 AM

So all I need is to keep 10,001 XEM's in my wallet, convert to vested and it's all automatic right? I don't need to do any thing else besides keeping it on my wallet, closing it and open it in 2020? Smiley

Yes. A delegate node ( "Delegate Harvesting") is doing the work for you. and you are not losing the only control over your funds. But check from time to time if the delegated node which is doing the work for you is still active. There is a NEM-Bot  called "NemNotifications" on Telegram where you can get alerts when your dlegated node is down or when you harvested a new block.
Metros

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:54:43 AM

Yes. A delegate node ( "Delegate Harvesting") is doing the work for you. and you are not losing the only control over your funds. But check from time to time if the delegated node which is doing the work for you is still active. There is a NEM-Bot  called "NemNotifications" on Telegram where you can get alerts when your dlegated node is down or when you harvested a new block.

I see. very very interesting. not sure how I've missed that.

So in which wallets can I set/keeping it up? (Or only the one from the guide).

What if I hold 50K coins instead of 10K, is that gives any advantage (besides the fact it is x5 more) ?

Why the node can go down? is there a way to automatically activate it if it goes down?

Can you give some idea about the calculations? http://samesake.com/xem/harvesting-calculator/

So if I setup a a harvest node now with 10001 coins. what would be my vested balance?
If you got some results from your experience that will be awesome!

ManonLescaut

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:08:32 AM

Yes. A delegate node ( "Delegate Harvesting") is doing the work for you. and you are not losing the only control over your funds. But check from time to time if the delegated node which is doing the work for you is still active. There is a NEM-Bot  called "NemNotifications" on Telegram where you can get alerts when your dlegated node is down or when you harvested a new block.

What if I hold 50K coins instead of 10K, is that gives any advantage (besides the fact it is x5 more) ?

Why the node can go down? is there a way to automatically activate it if it goes down?

Can you give some idea about the calculations? http://samesake.com/xem/harvesting-calculator/

So if I setup a a harvest node now with 10001 coins. what would be my vested balance?

https://www.nem.io/install.html
These are the possible Wallets. I use Nano. It is safe and easy to use. massive  easy-to-use features included like namespaces, multi-sig etc. . The fees for these will be lowered within the next few weeks up to factor 20.

The probability to harvest a block is based on your vested amount and "activity" - means amount of transactions  you are producing. The more of it, the higher your Proof-of-Importance-Score = the higher your chance to create the new block and get the included fees in it ( 1 Block each minute). You can not automatically reactivate the delegate node, as it is only a delegate node. So it is not your node. But remember, this delegate node has no access to your funds. You let it only know your Proof-of-Importance score, for the Block-competition.

The calculation show you the amount of days you need to wait until you reach the "vested amount". This is because, once you transfered lets say 10.000k to your Wallet, the software will vest 10% of it each day. That is how you gonna reach your vested amount. After you got at least  10.000 Xem vested, you can start activating "delegate harvesting" in the NanoWallet. Don't forget, your computer doesn't need to be on in order to be able to harvest. All happens in the background.

Metros

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:31:22 AM

Yes. A delegate node ( "Delegate Harvesting") is doing the work for you. and you are not losing the only control over your funds. But check from time to time if the delegated node which is doing the work for you is still active. There is a NEM-Bot  called "NemNotifications" on Telegram where you can get alerts when your dlegated node is down or when you harvested a new block.

These are the possible Wallets. I use Nano. It is safe and easy to use. massive  easy-to-use features included like namespaces, multi-sig etc. . The fees for these will be lowered within the next few weeks up to factor 20.

The probability to harvest a block is based on your vested amount and "activity" - means amount of transactions  you are producing. The more of it, the higher your Proof-of-Importance-Score = the higher your chance to create the new block and get the included fees in it ( 1 Block each minute). You can not automatically reactivate the delegate node, as it is only a delegate node. So it is not your node. But remember, this delegate node has no access to your funds. You let it only know your Proof-of-Importance score, for the Block-competition.

The calculation show you the amount of days you need to wait until you reach the "vested amount". This is because, once you transfered lets say 10.000k to your Wallet, the software will vest 10% of it each day. That is how you gonna reach your vested amount. After you got at least  10.000 Xem vested, you can start activating "delegate harvesting" in the NanoWallet. Don't forget, your computer doesn't need to be on in order to be able to harvest. All happens in the background.

So if I do not plan to make any transactions for the next 12 months.
Will it still be profitable to run the Harvest feature?
ManonLescaut

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:45:27 AM

The probability to harvest a block is based on your vested amount and "activity" - means amount of transactions  you are producing. The more of it, the higher your Proof-of-Importance-Score = the higher your chance to create the new block and get the included fees in it ( 1 Block each minute). You can not automatically reactivate the delegate node, as it is only a delegate node. So it is not your node. But remember, this delegate node has no access to your funds. You let it only know your Proof-of-Importance score, for the Block-competition.

Well, it depends. For me the delegate harvesting is literally just a gift as I am 100% liquid and in full control of my funds.  If you invest into XEM because you believe in the technology behind it - like many of the strong and literate NEM-community do -  and not because of harvesting primarily, than yes it is more than profitable in the mid-long run.

There are better coins than XEM to ride the daily cryptocurrency-rollercoaster with pocket money.
XEM is for long, and it makes a big stake of my funds and therefore I can sleep calm.
Metros

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:54:04 AM

The probability to harvest a block is based on your vested amount and "activity" - means amount of transactions  you are producing. The more of it, the higher your Proof-of-Importance-Score = the higher your chance to create the new block and get the included fees in it ( 1 Block each minute). You can not automatically reactivate the delegate node, as it is only a delegate node. So it is not your node. But remember, this delegate node has no access to your funds. You let it only know your Proof-of-Importance score, for the Block-competition.

Well, it depends. For me the delegate harvesting is literally just a gift as I am 100% liquid and in full control of my funds.  If you invest into XEM because you believe in the technology behind it - like many of the strong and literate NEM-community do -  and not because of harvesting primarily, than yes it is more than profitable in the mid-long run.

There are better coins than XEM to ride the daily cryptocurrency-rollercoaster with pocket money.
XEM is for long, and it makes a big stake of my funds and therefore I can sleep calm.

Tbh, I have a big faith on the NEM system, I really wanna see more projects using NEM to beat Ethereum (And I like Ethereum).

But what I meant, is that currently I don't have much time to deal with crypto world.

So I am looking to do a long-term invest. so I wondered if I can get rewards on the Harvest node without making transactions.. any rewards Smiley

If there was a calculator for that, super.. but nothing so all I got is you hehe
ManonLescaut

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:01:50 AM

Tbh, I have a big faith on the NEM system, I really wanna see more projects using NEM to beat Ethereum (And I like Ethereum).

But what I meant, is that currently I don't have much time to deal with crypto world.

So I am looking to do a long-term invest. so I wondered if I can get rewards on the Harvest node without making transactions.. any rewards Smiley

If there was a calculator for that, super.. but nothing so all I got is you hehe

ATM I harvest with 15k XEM and got average 1 Block per Week with average 15 XEM fees each.  I don't do transactions  either. I wouldn't not wonder if the price of XEM  compare to Fiat and BTC will rise massively within the next 5 years. That's why, the harvesting is a nice side gift from the system.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:14:10 AM

ATM I harvest with 15k XEM and got average 1 Block per Week with average 15 XEM fees each.  I don't do transactions  either. I wouldn't not wonder if the price of XEM  compare to Fiat and BTC will rise massively within the next 5 years. That's why, the harvesting is a nice side gift from the system.

That's one of the best features of NEM, delegated harvesting.  Collecting fees with your PC off.

Don't think mining BTC with a comparable amount would get you anything like NEM ... just wasted electricity Smiley

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Metros

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:38:09 AM

That's one of the best features of NEM, delegated harvesting.  Collecting fees with your PC off.

Don't think mining BTC with a comparable amount would get you anything like NEM ... just wasted electricity Smiley

greentea, You know similar coins with similar concept of harvesting/staking ?
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:06:06 PM

ATM I harvest with 15k XEM and got average 1 Block per Week with average 15 XEM fees each.  I don't do transactions  either. I wouldn't not wonder if the price of XEM  compare to Fiat and BTC will rise massively within the next 5 years. That's why, the harvesting is a nice side gift from the system.

That's one of the best features of NEM, delegated harvesting.  Collecting fees with your PC off.

greentea, You know similar coins with similar concept of harvesting/staking ?

Every POS coin (NXT, Waves...) has ability to delegate staking to a pool but this brings to centralization and you must trust the pool to return you the profits.

NEM is better: you delegate to your own personal pool and you have complete  control even if your pool runs on someone else's node.
Razoo

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:36:56 PM

Are there merchants that accept xem  as payment?
Jiddu

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

into the clusterfuck

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:38:04 PM

Are there merchants that accept xem  as payment?

I know of this: http://mynem.store
Razoo

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:07:57 PM

I wouldn't trust that site. It's not secure.
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:26:51 PM

Just because it is http? You pay by making a separate XEM transfer with your favorite client, payment is not integrated into the store.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
nickelback65

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:44:17 PM

Just because it is http? You pay by making a separate XEM transfer with your favorite client, payment is not integrated into the store.

Gulden allows you to pay at Gulden or Bitcoin merchants.  Is this a possibility with XEM in the future?
Razoo

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:52:26 PM

I don't care how it's integrated, if the site isn't https it doesn't get my business.
bitpszemek

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 05:57:20 PM

It's 100% safe. A lot of nem gadgets are all over th world now (:
Pages: « 1 ... 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 [1583] 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: