Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:08:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 [1555] 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984218 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
samysamy1

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:29:22 PM

About this newbie talk.. Just because a lot of us don't feel like participating in the "pump/dump/fud/price speculation" talk here on bitcointalk doesn't mean we are newbies to nem.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DpT2tjeUDS7HGu3pn3gte20NPND4GQLJ9GtcD3WaAss/edit#gid=10

I'm number 96 on the list.

Stop assuming things about people you don't know, not everything is a conspiracy.

Can't find you on the richlist.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:31:26 PM

NEM Rises to New Heights, as Partner EcoBit’s Green Project ICO Continue

NEM is currently one of the fastest expanding distributed ledger technology platforms in the cryptocurrency space. In the recent days, NEM’s cryptocurrency XEM has seen a meteoric rise in value as it displaced Litecoin as the 4th Largest altcoin, in market capitalization last week.

The recent growth spike has been attributed to the NEM’s recent partnership with EcoBit, a green project supported by the Kelantan State Government in Malaysia.

The recent increase in demand and valuation for the out-of-the-box solution and it’s XEM tokens began earlier in the year with the announcement of the collaboration with EcoBit Project and its Blockchain card on social media site Twitter. EcoBit Blockchain card is a pioneering technology that sees the first ever implementation of Blockchain technology on a smart card, which harnesses NEM technology to enable the transactions of EcoBits tokens.

Source
bitcircle
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:36:48 PM

For the benefit of all oldies and newbies, the atraura project is being proposed by an established nember. It is not some new company. They developed landstead.

The project is aimed at making onboarding easier as we work on our blue ocean approach with mainstreamers. It is an abstraction of the nem core solution. The current core developers will not have time or resources to do it.

It is basically a framework for easy development of applications. The framework will be open source and parked under the nem banner for anyone to use. There is no commercial interest in the project other than the cost to hire heads to do it.

Now, instead of ico, they are requesting aid from the community fund. It is not part of the foundation fund, which belongs to the original  core fund that will be donated to the foundation.

I would urge you to think properly rather than shooting into space with your comments without actually knowing the intents of the project. Whether it is worth 3m or 300k, it needs to be justified of course. But there is obvious need to make things easier for application programming and onboarding developers to write apps easily.

Currently it takes a mainstream guy about 1 month to know NEM application programming. We want to cut that down substantially. The framework is meant for that.

Unless you have worked on nem and know blockchain, as a mainstream programmer, it is hard to understand multisig, let alone programming it.

Framework is supposed to make it easier.

I believe they will have an AMA. Please avail yourselves with questions.

Valuable information that you gave us.

Thumbs up!

That is why NEM is my most favorite project I'm taking it for my early retire investment. I think now that time has been when it will be get pushed to the mainstream and more people are getting involve in it so it will be more big in future.
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:51:33 PM

If you look at Dash and their model of the masternodes voting on what to fund each month you can learn how to increase use and utility. Dash has a YouTube channel describing everything about development and   progress etc. Their aggressive advertising has helped them brand their coin. They have paid outside companies to incorporate dash in their websites. Enabling fiat to dash.

Nem is a great platform but it could use some good advertising and videos explaining the utility. This should be done quickly because new platforms are evolving quickly. Dan Larimer has a new project called EOS that seems very similar to Nem.  

We have been telling the Nem team to do some good marketing for years, but they just won't listen.

Given that this coin is already number 4 on coinmarketcap, I question how much more you expect. They'll market when their product has matured and is ready for the mainstream.  I support this project.
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:09:37 PM

Well why would they suddenly come out of the shadow and ALL support this funding instead of being against it. It also looks like they know many benefits of this projects while we have a ton of questions.
Even if they happen to have a low importance, only their presence here is disturbing. It looks like a psychological operation to try to convince the ones with a higher importance to vote Yes.

Are you saying that Atraura is secretly financing fake accounts to promote their project? Cheesy
People who contribute less care less about ideology and more about profit.
I feel like NEMergizer started negativity with misunderstanding that the project would be funded from dev fund instead of community fund, then random newbies emerged, then old members started a crusade against the young ones.

So let's focus on the issues:
 - Atraura is not internal - same as anyone from community coding for bounty
 - Atraura seems to have approached NEM first - is this really an issue?
 - It seems ridiculously expensive - let's try to find a price both parties are willing to accept.
   Here https://forum.nem.io/t/nem-framework-community-proposal/5174/26 I proposed that part of the bounty would be paid in fixed NEM and part according to future exchange rate. So Atraura is motivated to finish succesfully which will increase the price, but it's not that volatile. Advantage for us is that when the price of NEM is 1$ in a year, we won't suffer $15M loss from this development.

yes; fixed payment and floating range ... that also I was thinking.
The floating part should have the minimum and maximum limits.
Another issue is how the floating part bonus is calculated;
   a)  function( NEM software quality and success among the developers "worldwide" )
   b)  function( XEM price in exchanges )
   c)  some other?

The alternative a) is difficult to evaluate, so maybe that is the reason why many companies are using the b) alternative Sad

And as CoinNews earlier suggested the payments would be divided according to the Milestones.
Maybe also such could be used that 50% is paid after the whole project is completed and approved.

That was the positive part : yes, we are planning the payments Smiley

The negative part is as follows:
To evaluate the possible benefits, there are needed good examples of the use cases, etc.
The 5 days is quite short time to study and understand them well enough. Isn't it possible to use more time to evaluations?

gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:11:02 PM

I don't get all the negativety towards an innitiative as this..

Sure 15M NEM is a lot of money, but if it helps the NEM network and speeds up new releases on the platform, it may very well be worth it.

The Dash example got me thinking though. Wouldn't it be better to put a USD value on each milestone and pay the NEM equivalent upon reaching it? That would prevent a massive overpay or underpay in case the price moves a lot during the development between milestones.

If they are serious it sure is better for them too. So they have fix reliable fiat equivalent payments and if they like to take part of the speculative value they can keep the NEM instead converting them.

However from a NEM fund side you can not do that without setting an absolut upper limit. In that case the 15M NEM or less. That means no matter what they can never get more than that limit. Otherwhise you risk that the whole NEM fund could go just to them  if the value dramatical falls.

My opinion... 3mil dollar is much too much for that project. It's like paying the whole company not just the developers for 2 and more years.

Let us calculate with a sallary of 10k dollar a month a person.
3 mil  / ( 12 * 10k) = 25 ManYears.

That's a LOT software ypu can create.
For coding such 3 or 4 developer are enough. You can't put 25 man on this. So that's a payment for a 6 to 8 year SW development

Of course if you pay the whole company with all the tops stuff doing nothing real SW productive 3 mil is gone fast.

If I read it right they planed that 2 month ago.
If I am not wrong than 15Mil was about 600k dollar? (out of memory dont have numbers at hand)

That is more like what I had valued such a project.

Anyway the 3 Mil is too much in my opinion but the funds are there for such projects and should be used for such.

The more important question to me is really what happens after they made the frame work. How does this continue how will it fit and keept up to date with the NEM development. If you don't support it and maintain it after it's done it is for nothing.

And in this respect I would really like to know what the NEM-DEVs thinks about it. They are the one that have to support and life with it.
If they think thats a good project and welcome it my vote is yes and if they are more negative toward it my vote would be no.
I think they know the most about it and what it will give to NEM or not and are the best to judge it.
Will not cry a drop about 3 mil if they really like the idea and want to have them done that framework.

sheepXcat_sk

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:52:50 PM

Getting a response from 3 newbie accounts makes a lot of sense, right  Roll Eyes
@ sheepXcat_sk: You say "People who contribute less care less about ideology and more about profit." I assume you are talking about yourself with only 5 posts contributed?

yes!
you got me man!
SolarStorm

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:53:50 PM

There is one question about  the atraura project that has not been asked before but should be asked:

Is any other group willing to make the same software for less?

Sofar nobody did make an alternative offer, most likely because programmers in this niche market are still a very rare species Smiley
It would be interesting though if there was some competition.....
(i wish i was a better programmer lol)
NEMergizer

Activity: 313

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:51:38 PM

Well why would they suddenly come out of the shadow and ALL support this funding instead of being against it. It also looks like they know many benefits of this projects while we have a ton of questions.
Even if they happen to have a low importance, only their presence here is disturbing. It looks like a psychological operation to try to convince the ones with a higher importance to vote Yes.

Are you saying that Atraura is secretly financing fake accounts to promote their project? Cheesy
I feel like NEMergizer started negativity with misunderstanding that the project would be funded from dev fund instead of community fund, then random newbies emerged, then old members started a crusade against the young ones.

- It seems ridiculously expensive - let's try to find a price both parties are willing to accept.
   Here https://forum.nem.io/t/nem-framework-community-proposal/5174/26 I proposed that part of the bounty would be paid in fixed NEM and part according to future exchange rate. So Atraura is motivated to finish succesfully which will increase the price, but it's not that volatile. Advantage for us is that when the price of NEM is 1$ in a year, we won't suffer $15M loss from this development.

I agree on all these points. And yes I first mistakenly confused NEM dev funds and NEM community funds.

I support Atraura as much as any third party organization or company interested in building solution on top of NEM technology. My only concern is that the requested funds seems too high. I would like to know more details on where the funds will be spent and why they need such high amount. The requested funds should be lowered even if they really need that much. The community funds should remain available for years and projects yet to come. Giving away 5% of NEM community funds for Atraura's project is not justified yet. We need more details.

5 days for voting is a joke. We should never allow this to happen again!
NEMergizer

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:59:49 PM

There is one question about  the atraura project that has not been asked before but should be asked:

Sofar nobody did make an alternative offer, most likely because programmers in this niche market are still a very rare species Smiley

I can find a group of experienced developers to get us a proposal on the same exact authenticator functionality/app if not more. I don't have much time to do that nowadays but would do it if enough Nemers support the idea of having competitor proposals.
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 09:01:42 PM

Getting a response from 3 newbie accounts makes a lot of sense, right  Roll Eyes
@ sheepXcat_sk: You say "People who contribute less care less about ideology and more about profit." I assume you are talking about yourself with only 5 posts contributed?

yes!
you got me man!

If newbies' posts are suspected, then would not every supporting writer be suspected, too?
NEMergizer

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 09:08:04 PM

You do not have to be a developer. How about reaching out to these guys "krypt.co" and ask them to give us a proposal on NEM integration. They are already in the authenticator business and applying similar functionalities for handling SSH keys privately in mobile apps. I bet you they would do it at a fraction of the requested funds if not for free as it will allow them to expand in the crypto world. Someone has to reach out to krypt.co
rajc

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 09:52:34 PM

One thing is sure, if NEM is $1 in a year noone here will suffer a loss Cheesy
nickelback65

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:51:29 PM

At the very least the core developers of NEM/XEM should publicly weigh in on this project before a vote is taken:

1.  Will it benefit and support the NEM platform in the future?
2.  Is the cost of  this project reasonable as presented.
3.  Will the value of XEM increase for shareholders with its' implementation?

Most of us can only speculate on the value and cost of this project and need the honest assessment of the NEM developers  to form an opinion.
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:36:46 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 04:03:46 AM by rigel

At the very least the core developers of NEM/XEM should publicly weigh in on this project before a vote is taken:

1.  Will it benefit and support the NEM platform in the future?
2.  Is the cost of  this project reasonable as presented.
3.  Will the value of XEM increase for shareholders with its' implementation?

Most of us can only speculate on the value and cost of this project and need the honest assessment of the NEM developers  to form an opinion.

NEM team hasn't a cristal ball to know the future for sure.

Anyway the president of NEM Foundation  (rockethead ) already expressed his thoughts about this project.
jyrvalor

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:00:32 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 05:01:34 AM by jyrvalor

About this newbie talk.. Just because a lot of us don't feel like participating in the "pump/dump/fud/price speculation" talk here on bitcointalk doesn't mean we are newbies to nem.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DpT2tjeUDS7HGu3pn3gte20NPND4GQLJ9GtcD3WaAss/edit#gid=10

Stop assuming things about people you don't know, not everything is a conspiracy.

My security was more than lacking when i received my stake so when i got better about these things i moved my nem to a new private key so no you won't find my name on the rich list. As for the post count i only post when i have a real opinion to contribute as i did this time. I'm the one who first proposed using the sockpuppet stakes to form a fund on the nem forum [edit - it looks like it was on the new forum after all] (I did not figure out the specifics). I've kept a close eye on all the nem topics here and on nem forums ever since 2013 so yes i think i'm pretty well informed about the community fund and what it's supposed to be used on.

As for who you are and why you are attacking people here based on post counts and what not i have no idea.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:09:16 AM

My security was more than lacking when i received my stake so when i got better about these things i moved my nem to a new private key so no you won't find my name on the rich list. As for the post count i only post when i have a real opinion to contribute as i did this time. I'm the one who first proposed using the sockpuppet stakes to form a fund on the old nem forum (I did not figure out the specifics). I've kept a close eye on all the nem topics here and on nem forums ever since 2013 so yes i think i'm pretty well informed about the community fund and what it's supposed to be used on.

As for who you are and why you are attacking people here based on post counts and what not i have no idea.

Why even claim you are on the list if you are not  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

A lot of us are seasoned in the ways of the fud, trolls, newbies, and hype.  Cool
jyrvalor

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:23:50 AM

My security was more than lacking when i received my stake so when i got better about these things i moved my nem to a new private key so no you won't find my name on the rich list. As for the post count i only post when i have a real opinion to contribute as i did this time. I'm the one who first proposed using the sockpuppet stakes to form a fund on the old nem forum (I did not figure out the specifics). I've kept a close eye on all the nem topics here and on nem forums ever since 2013 so yes i think i'm pretty well informed about the community fund and what it's supposed to be used on.

Why even claim you are on the list if you are not  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

A lot of us are seasoned in the ways of the fud, trolls, newbies, and hype.  Cool

Where did i ever claim my name can be found on the rich list?
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 06:29:12 AM

I can find a group of experienced developers to get us a proposal on the same exact authenticator functionality/app if not more. I don't have much time to do that nowadays but would do it if enough Nemers support the idea of having competitor proposals.

I think some of you missed, that this project is not about authenticator, that's an easy part and if you have ready deployment could be done quite quickly.

As far as I understand this project is about building a framework that will simplify development of other applications on top of nem.

I encourage on reading and commenting in the thread https://forum.nem.io/t/nem-framework-community-proposal/5174,
they've also uploaded a plan https://forum.nem.io/t/nem-framework-community-proposal/5174/30

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:07:24 AM

I think some of you missed, that this project is not about authenticator, that's an easy part and if you have ready deployment could be done quite quickly.

As far as I understand this project is about building a framework that will simplify development of other applications on top of nem.

I encourage on reading and commenting in the thread https://forum.nem.io/t/nem-framework-community-proposal/5174,
they've also uploaded a plan https://forum.nem.io/t/nem-framework-community-proposal/5174/30

It seems the devs are for this proposal which is positive. I think the more people working on NEM, the better for all.
I have a few questions though as i wont be around friday for the AMA.
What if the price of NEM drops 90% in the next few weeks. Where does the project stand then ?
I hate the voting system (importance wins and dev have control of a lot of it) and the short time frame allowed to investigate these proposals.
What happened to cryptoapex (50million funded) and why is Nembit86 pushing for this proposal as he is involved in cryptoapex (jabo38Mar '16
Beta has started via invite from CA members. If you are interested, please contact Niko or Nembit86)
Pages: « 1 ... 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 [1555] 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: