Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:29:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 [1265] 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984145 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 05:59:13 AM

Congrats to the investors on the price rise. What do you guys think caused the price rise? I mean this isn't just a plain old regular pump, this is a MAJOR price move. So there must be something in the fundamentals that caused this.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2016, 06:03:28 AM

So can I have my computer fully shutdown and it will still harvest? when using delegated harvasting. let me know please. thanks in advance.

Yes if you use delegated harvesting on another computer you can shut down your computer.

This is a tricky answer. lol
So what if I'm only using 1 computer..
Because you said "If I use delegated harvesting on ANOTHER computer" you mean who ever picked up my delegated harvesting for me? sorry just a little confused.

When you´re using delegated harvesting, the Supernodes do the harvesting for you. So your Computer must not run.

Everytime I turn the computer and then log in to my wallet again I had to start my delegated harvesting again. I thought it would still be on. can you correct me if im wrong. Thanks

your computer has to be on actively trying to make a block.  your wallet or browser don't need to be open.  then important thing is that NIS is on and harvesting.

WayToGo

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:22:15 AM

Congrats to the investors on the price rise. What do you guys think caused the price rise? I mean this isn't just a plain old regular pump, this is a MAJOR price move. So there must be something in the fundamentals that caused this.
DAO hack forced people to look for new promising tech and they found NEM.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:40:20 AM

You think that's the only reason? If it is really that then the people could also leave and dump NEM the same way they did with Ethereum. But since you mentioned it, what makes NEM better than Ethereum? And how will it surpass other cryptocurrencies in terms of speed of mainstream adoption?

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
hardshot

Activity: 457
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:48:41 AM

You think that's the only reason? If it is really that then the people could also leave and dump NEM the same way they did with Ethereum. But since you mentioned it, what makes NEM better than Ethereum? And how will it surpass other cryptocurrencies in terms of speed of mainstream adoption?
Well then this article is exactly what you want to read, I suppose:
http://blog.nem.io/whats-the-difference-between-xem-btc-and-eth/
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 07:28:07 AM

So can I have my computer fully shutdown and it will still harvest? when using delegated harvasting. let me know please. thanks in advance.

Yes if you use delegated harvesting on another computer you can shut down your computer.

Because you said "If I use delegated harvesting on ANOTHER computer" you mean who ever picked up my delegated harvesting for me? sorry just a little confused.

When you´re using delegated harvesting, the Supernodes do the harvesting for you. So your Computer must not run.

Everytime I turn the computer and then log in to my wallet again I had to start my delegated harvesting again. I thought it would still be on. can you correct me if im wrong. Thanks

your computer has to be on actively trying to make a block.  your wallet or browser don't need to be open.  then important thing is that NIS is on and harvesting.

Harvesting is one of those things making people don't understand NEM, and I must say I'm one of them. I've been using harvesting (and delegated harvesting) for quite long, but I still don't get how it works, and what's exactly going on there. Ocassionally, delegated harvesting stops, and you need to launch it manually again. Sometimes, a node switches off and doesn't re-appear for longer time, so you're stuck (I ended up with wallet reinstallation due to this). At times, you need to de-activate delegated harvesting and activate it again, because it doesn't work anymore due to strange errors being reported with numbers and meaningless messages. The harvested amounts are just peanuts, so from investor's point of view harvesting is not an incentive to keep your XEMs long term.
BigSirko

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 08:50:53 AM

NEM does not hype but prefers ninja releases
.  This is why the price has been going up & up since January 2016.

There are more ninja releases on the way with Zaif, Mijin, DragonFly, CryptoApex, BCFinance, Infoteria, et cetera.   Smiley   You can theorize about NEM's value but, when the ninja comes out of the shadow, you'll still be theorizing while the train leaves the gate.  Wink

jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 08:56:00 AM

NEM does not hype but prefers ninja releases
.  This is why the price has been going up & up since January 2016.

There are more ninja releases on the way with Zaif, Mijin, DragonFly, CryptoApex, BCFinance, Infoteria, et cetera.   Smiley   You can theorize about NEM's value but, when the ninja comes out of the shadow, you'll still be theorizing while the train leaves the gate.  Wink

tsk tsk victim of FOMO trolls.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 09:44:01 AM

It was obvious that the price found a bottom at around $66-68 million market cap (or around 1200 sats) on XEM's first correction. I do not think that the correct increase is resulted by the major news. In my opinion, announcing a school program could not make such an impact.

suky321

Activity: 382
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 10:08:04 AM

Agree, I think the price has found a bottom, and now buyers are buying at a lower price.  I could be wrong, but this could just be short term investors looking for a quick buck.

It was obvious that the price found a bottom at around $66-68 million market cap (or around 1200 sats) on XEM's first correction. I do not think that the correct increase is resulted by the major news. In my opinion, announcing a school program could not make such an impact.

DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2016, 10:34:17 AM

You need to switch to remote node ip. Pick from this list http://nodeexplorer.com/ and when you open your wallet first in setting tab change ip from 127.0.0.1 to ip that you chose from http://nodeexplorer.com/

Save settings and then run delegated harvesting.

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 10:34:56 AM

Well then this article is exactly what you want to read, I suppose:
http://blog.nem.io/whats-the-difference-between-xem-btc-and-eth/

Its not just the DAO hack as mentioned. I along with many others said from day one that smart contracts on the blockchain with Ethereum is a bad idea, as either malicious code could be written, or serious security flaws can be found as was a result with the DAO hack.

The DAO hack may very well have sparked things up a bit, but i feel most of the volume was from Japan and other parts of asia where more news about their long term projects has spread, alot of this has only very slowly filtered down to the western world.

Those smart enough have jumped on board and we will see more over time do the same thing.
I think its good that we have been under the radar as its helped avoid alot of unnecessary hype.

Things are only going to move onwards and upwards from now on, as you can see with their latest announcement its expected we will see more marketing and events held. Smiley

I look forward to any opportunity to get involved in any future events here in New Zealand!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 10:39:02 AM

Harvesting is one of those things making people don't understand NEM, and I must say I'm one of them. I've been using harvesting (and delegated harvesting) for quite long, but I still don't get how it works, and what's exactly going on there. Ocassionally, delegated harvesting stops, and you need to launch it manually again. Sometimes, a node switches off and doesn't re-appear for longer time, so you're stuck (I ended up with wallet reinstallation due to this). At times, you need to de-activate delegated harvesting and activate it again, because it doesn't work anymore due to strange errors being reported with numbers and meaningless messages. The harvested amounts are just peanuts, so from investor's point of view harvesting is not an incentive to keep your XEMs long term.

I had a bit of trouble understanding it too, but basically if the server shuts down for any reason, you need to reconnect to the server to send the key for harvesting. If you message bloodyrookie he has some servers named alice that you can give him the harvesting key for and he will keep it harvesting for you Smiley

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
WayToGo

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 02:08:25 PM

Agree, I think the price has found a bottom, and now buyers are buying at a lower price.  I could be wrong, but this could just be short term investors looking for a quick buck.

It looks like its stabilising at the new bottom
AceOfPentacles

Activity: 123

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 04:17:02 PM

NEM is a solid platform and I appreciate the ninja releases instead of the pumps. I am very excited to see what the future holds. I will definitely be hoarding and hunkering down. Grin
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 07:08:43 PM

I had a bit of trouble understanding it too, but basically if the server shuts down for any reason, you need to reconnect to the server to send the key for harvesting. If you message bloodyrookie he has some servers named alice that you can give him the harvesting key for and he will keep it harvesting for you Smiley

Here's a video someone did awhile back on Delegated Harvesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojxGI9xHJeM

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
mastertrader777
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:06:47 AM

Hello NEM - XEM Community,

Would any of you guys be interested in some NEM apparel?

http://www.cryptoscloset.com/product/mens-nem-xem-t-shirt/

www.CryptosCloset.com - Your #1 Online Crypto Apparel Boutique accepting many different crypto currencies.

Let me know what you all think!

Thanks,

Rich

www.CryptosCloset.com
fob123

Activity: 149

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:29:13 AM

quick question guys.
if my public and private key is compromised, but they don't have my password. Is my xem still safe?
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 04:05:36 AM

quick question guys.
if my public and private key is compromised, but they don't have my password. Is my xem still safe?

private key is everything, with this your XEM are compromised! 

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
garp

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 04:16:24 AM

Hello NEM - XEM Community,

Would any of you guys be interested in some NEM apparel?

http://www.cryptoscloset.com/product/mens-nem-xem-t-shirt/

www.CryptosCloset.com - Your #1 Online Crypto Apparel Boutique accepting many different crypto currencies.

Let me know what you all think!

Thanks,

Rich

www.CryptosCloset.com

Interested. Can we pay with XEM?

garp
Pages: « 1 ... 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 [1265] 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: