Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:32:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 [1420] 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984117 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 11:17:59 PM

No decisions on the Silver Coin Fund have been made, and probably won't be for a while.  

1) money to fund the project isn't a problem. NEM has more than enough liquidity and marketcap.
2) the problem is time and resources to run the project.  it is actually quite an endeavor.  the marketing team is instead trying to build projects on NEM that will make it a lot more famous, so those take priority for the time being. at some point we might have more human resources and can assign a team to run this project, but right now the teams are focused on other things that we consider a higher priority, like refining marketing message, website, and partnerships.
3) if the money for some reason isn't used to fund silver coins, it would go towards some other social program to help the community, like maybe Supernodes or Community Fund. at no point would it be used for a tip for the NEM team, nor the community as a direct payout.  

As an original stake holder I would prefer these funds go into the supernode fund myself.

Create those silvercoins 10 unces for holders is not that bad idea rest funds can stay in nem supers-nodes for me.
Supernodes are very good way to spread XEM on market.
Silver is very cheap metal now.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yshin365new

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 12:04:50 AM

No decisions on the Silver Coin Fund have been made, and probably won't be for a while.  

1) money to fund the project isn't a problem. NEM has more than enough liquidity and marketcap.
2) the problem is time and resources to run the project.  it is actually quite an endeavor.  the marketing team is instead trying to build projects on NEM that will make it a lot more famous, so those take priority for the time being. at some point we might have more human resources and can assign a team to run this project, but right now the teams are focused on other things that we consider a higher priority, like refining marketing message, website, and partnerships.
3) if the money for some reason isn't used to fund silver coins, it would go towards some other social program to help the community, like maybe Supernodes or Community Fund. at no point would it be used for a tip for the NEM team, nor the community as a direct payout.  

As an original stake holder I would prefer these funds go into the supernode fund myself.

Create those silvercoins 10 unces for holders is not that bad idea rest funds can stay in nem supers-nodes for me.
Supernodes are very good way to spread XEM on market.
Silver is very cheap metal now.
It's a good idea!  Cheesy
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 12:58:47 AM

Where can I find info on this supernode project?

Read all about it here:
https://forum.nem.io/t/nem-supernode-rewards-program/1735

Extending the supernode program with the funds would be beneficial ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 01:04:42 AM

do you guys think that xem could hit 3k+ satoshis in near months?

Regards...
Yes, I feel this is possible, considering we have been so undervalued for a long time, our marketcap only needs to roughly double to reach that goal Smiley

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
visaco

Activity: 359

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 01:47:05 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2017, 06:19:13 AM by visaco

i think any early stake holder who didn't dump for quick bucks... need a recognition
a honor coin no matter what silver coin copper coin  i m ready to accept inox coin or dirt coin   Smiley

for all the stress that we endured in  these past years  sometimes  i couldn't even sleep because it was too hard to not dump
 it takes balls and true faith in the project for not dumping, when 1stake was=35 000 dollars
but we are here our faith was greater than our greed we supported this project and we deserve a kind of recognition

now imagine if all the early stake holders dumped do you think we will be sitting here talking  about how nem is great .?
i understand the feeling of the new nem adopters...  they hate the idea the rich get richer and i agree with them 100% i will be thinking the same if i was in their position .
for this reason i m saying if you give me something not necessarily with a materialistic value, that recognize my commitment and faith i will be more than happy
Thank you
visaco - 1.0 - User Stake
nem supporter from January 26, 2014
never sold one xem  

I have told you NEM will make you a millionaire and we have made it ...IOST is the new baby Money making machine.  keep an eye on this little Monster...
BigSirko

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 05:33:53 AM

They should give a gold medal which states Hero of the NEMolution. Cheesy
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:15:43 AM

i think any early stake holder who didn't dump for quick bucks... need a recognition
a honor coin no matter what silver coin copper coin  i m ready to accept inox coin or dirt coin   Smiley

for all the stress that we endured in  these past years  sometimes  i couldn't even sleep because it was too hard to not dump
 it takes balls and true faith in the project for not dumping, when 1stake was=35 000 dollars
but we are here our faith was greater than our greed we supported this project and we deserve a kind of recognition

now imagine if all the early stake holders dumped do you think we will be sitting here talking  about how nem is great .?
i understand the feeling of the new nem adopters...  they hate the idea the rich get richer and i agree with them 100% i will be thinking the same if i was in their position .
for this reason i m saying if you give me something not necessarily with a materialistic value, that recognize my commitment and faith i will be more than happy
Thank you
never sold one xem  

Im in the same club as you!

I think there should be a party arranged in Japan for all remaining original stakeholders when we hit $1 billion marketcap  Cheesy  Cool

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
BigSirko

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 11:30:56 AM

Thank you
never sold one xem  

I think there should be a party arranged in Japan for all remaining original stakeholders when we hit $1 billion marketcap  Cheesy  Cool

Arranged meeting of many NEMigarchs not safe.  Could be terrorist attack or really big strong men waiting in alleys to rob private keys.

Even Yakuza and North Korean spies could target the event.

jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 02:03:20 PM

News about the 1st stakeholder bonus?

Have not heard anything about this.
Is this supposed to be the silver coins you were talking about?

Yes it was about the silver coin. or just spread the fund to original stake holders from what I remember. We've been waiting for it. But it's not high on the priority list for the devs.

Would like to onpw about this too.

It might be more viable now that the price is up.
But there is more important things right now that the team are working on Smiley

They distributed the old marketing fund lately so this might be the next plan. Personally i think they should just distribute it all to every original stakeholder as it will bring back a lot of users who might have sold in the early days. It wont affect the market very much either as its about 70k each (211million/3k ?). After all if it wasn't held for the silvercoin project we would have got it on launch day.

I think we, original stake holders, got more than enough and whoever did not believe in the project and sold does not deserve another chance. The fund was set aside for the silver coins and imo that is what should be done. The rest can be used to fund projects build on top of NEM as that is what will make the platform grow.

As you say the fund was set aside for silver coins and it should be used for it or be distributed to every original stake holder . Devs dont have time for silver coin project ,so easiest way just distribute xem .

Exactly. Theres about 3 billion NEM set aside for dev funds already. I think that is more than enough (30%) to make the platform grow.

yes, but to avoid sending 70k to a "dead" account, there could be needed some "I want the refund" message by sending 1 XEM to the fund's account.

nothing wrong to send to dead acc ( like burning some xem)

Why some think that burning is ok ?

I think that the burning should not be done:

a) "Burning money is illegal in some jurisdictions"  == same principal could be used in virtual currencies

b) the amount of XEM would decrease. 
The more XEMs, the better Liquidity, and therefore more happy XEM owners.

The Crypto Baron

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 02:58:38 PM

Where can I find info on this supernode project?

Read all about it here:
https://forum.nem.io/t/nem-supernode-rewards-program/1735

Extending the supernode program with the funds would be beneficial ...

Too rich for my NEM blood, but good luck with this supernode project!

gbcholgi

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 04:58:23 PM

yea i am also one of the original stakeholder! no selling till now, and the silver coin project should be done for the old believer!
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 05:19:51 PM

Yes it was about the silver coin. or just spread the fund to original stake holders from what I remember. We've been waiting for it. But it's not high on the priority list for the devs.

But there is more important things right now that the team are working on Smiley

They distributed the old marketing fund lately so this might be the next plan. Personally i think they should just distribute it all to every original stakeholder as it will bring back a lot of users who might have sold in the early days. It wont affect the market very much either as its about 70k each (211million/3k ?). After all if it wasn't held for the silvercoin project we would have got it on launch day.

I think we, original stake holders, got more than enough and whoever did not believe in the project and sold does not deserve another chance. The fund was set aside for the silver coins and imo that is what should be done. The rest can be used to fund projects build on top of NEM as that is what will make the platform grow.

i think it should be used to reward stakeholders no matter if old or new

a initial share was 2.3 million XEM

at day x 1 silvercoins should be distributed to each stakeholder at 2.3 million XEM or more

this would be for sure each supernode but also each initial stake that the holder did keep and harvest with it

we could create a very exclusive and valueable series of 2000 silvercoins each valued 1500$

the coins not claimed by qualified NEM addresses in a like 6 months timeframe we could later auction and create a additional $ fund for NEM Foundation with this

because its pretty impossible make a single silver coin be of value 1500$ i guess they will carry a paperwallet like private address key with the leftover XEM value split between all 2000 silvercoins

as we see this days how valuable early physical bitcoins are as collectors item u can expect this limited NEM silvercoin be a high valueable collector item too in a few years

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:07:09 PM

i think it should be used to reward stakeholders no matter if old or new

a initial share was 2.3 million XEM

at day x 1 silvercoins should be distributed to each stakeholder at 2.3 million XEM or more

this would be for sure each supernode but also each initial stake that the holder did keep and harvest with it

we could create a very exclusive and valueable series of 2000 silvercoins each valued 1500$

the coins not claimed by qualified NEM addresses in a like 6 months timeframe we could later auction and create a additional $ fund for NEM Foundation with this

because its pretty impossible make a single silver coin be of value 1500$ i guess they will carry a paperwallet like private address key with the leftover XEM value split between all 2000 silvercoins

as we see this days how valuable early physical bitcoins are as collectors item u can expect this limited NEM silvercoin be a high valueable collector item too in a few years

I am a NEM supporter because I believe it's platform is the best implementation of blockchain technology. I believe it can solve many problems and create a lot of value in society and possibly change the world as blockchain tech is sure to do. This silver coin project does nothing to further this goal and would only be a source of profit for initial stakeholders. I don't think this is in the spirit of NEM which had the goal for wide initial distribution. That's why I strongly feel these funds would serve the project and stakeholders best by being reinvested in the supernode or dev funds.
jkoil

Nxt NEM

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:16:02 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2017, 07:39:57 AM by jkoil

When here is now talked about "stakeholders", it raised some questions about "NEM's history" :

how many BTT members wanted a NEM stake (were on the stakeholder list) and
how many of them received it?

Another question is how many has his NEM account in his control?
That can not be answered exactly, but only with estimations.
0 transfers from/to the account   means that
  a) they have forgotten the keys/passwords forever, or
  b) they just sit on their account.

(yea ... the answers are somewhere here and there, and in the blockchain, but now I feel so tired..Wink )
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 09:21:36 AM

when is the birthday of xem? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
kauppalahti

Activity: 235
Merit: 110

HAVUJA PERKELE!

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 09:42:27 AM

When here is now talked about "stakeholders", it raised some questions about "NEM's history" :

(yea ... the answers are somewhere here and there, and in the blockchain, but now I feel so tired..Wink )

That is not difficult to resolve. I have stored all original lists but why bother
when nothing have desided.
jkoil

Nxt NEM

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 09:48:56 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2017, 10:44:14 AM by jkoil

That is not difficult to resolve. I have stored all original lists but why bother

not depending on any forthcoming decisions - just curious.
Eg. how well the start went; how many were dropped out before the launch, etc.

kauppalahti

HAVUJA PERKELE!

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 10:48:40 AM

not depending on any fortcoming decisions - just curious.

Start was extremly well planned and of course implemented because of NEM test enviroment. Not any other project
have had such long test phase. Also for this reason everything have been running smoothly. This is the way of
"ninja launch" test after test and release when all bells and whistles are 100% polished.
It really was not so long ago, so i still remember the list cleaning from socks. History is still here, you just need to
read it if you want live again the birth of NEM https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.0

I belive that the same will follow with Catapult project, it is releast when the beast is ready...
kauppalahti

HAVUJA PERKELE!

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 10:55:14 AM

its hard to see xem giong back to 1000 right now.
Time will tell.

never underestimate the power of zero inflation

coins sold bought and moved to supernodes
are gone from exchange and no inflation will replace them

once the air is out of the selling ballon it goes crazy like it did already once

expect to go higher this time

as soon as the BTC raise stops it can happen any day

the sellwall is just peanuts for all the BTC value that will flood in alts when BTC price shrinks

Up........

Up..
jkoil

Nxt NEM

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 12:45:37 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2017, 01:04:51 PM by jkoil

not depending on any fortcoming decisions - just curious.

Start was extremly well planned and of course implemented because of NEM test enviroment. Not any other project
have had such long test phase. Also for this reason everything have been running smoothly. This is the way of
"ninja launch" test after test and release when all bells and whistles are 100% polished.
It really was not so long ago, so i still remember the list cleaning from socks. History is still here, you just need to
read it if you want live again the birth of NEM https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.0

I belive that the same will follow with Catapult project, it is releast when the beast is ready...

no... no need to read it all again. I assumed that there exists some clear "history" with few numbers.

I had to start an old backup machine to get these numbers:
the raw data of stakeholder candidates had 2915 names' list, where was 2894 different names.

After sockpuppets were removed, there was only XXXX names.
And in the genesis block was sent a stake to YYYY names (not included the funds).

XXXX = ?             [edit: another number found, date 10 Nov 2014:    XXXX was 1013 ]
YYYY = ?

Pages: « 1 ... 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 [1420] 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: