Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:12:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 [1427] 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
visaco

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 06:56:49 PM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin google translated   very hot 

Tomorrow is April Fool's Day

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy i felt for this one ... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I have told you NEM will make you a millionaire and we have made it ...IOST is the new baby Money making machine.  keep an eye on this little Monster...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:16:35 PM

looks like ripple took the massive cake instead of NEM  Cry

Yes, and Augur went above us, we're (again) back on #9 position.

Will be this one and only birthday present to today's NEM anniversary ?

What birthday present?

The only birthday present we get is manipulation tactics.

Who cares if there is an office in the middle of a mountain in Malaysia, I want to see something happening in the USA where it started.

Who cares about all these papers I can't read coming out of Japan, NEM started in the USA not Japan.

I'm tired of no one being critical on this project, sure everyone talks good about NEM in BTCtalk because most BTCtalk members put money towards it.

Let's start being critical about this project, the wallet is still the same. All I see is "ninja news this" and "ninja news that". It's becoming like the P&D's we see everywhere. And why wasn't anyone questioning all these newbie accounts with their broken english and fake hype.

we need utopian future to return, or one of his sockpuppets he switched to after everything went to @!$#...

He disappeared when it was convenient. No confidence in his own project.

Wow all this complaining when NEM is at one of its highest marketcaps since inception

No one is complaining, most of you just don't want to criticize your own investment.

I'm an initial investor, remember that and I want the best for NEM. Problem is I see these manipulators coming in here and trying to destroy something for short term profit, at the cost of long term viability.

I see the long term benefits of crypto for the world. Unfortunately many would rather get a couple dollars and destroy this great concept, when in the long run they could profits thousands of times more.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:20:23 PM

By the way, I think gentlemand might be right.

What is the promise that the community fund will be used to benefit the coin when it hits higher caps? What guarantee do we have that it won't be dumped like many hidden instamines of other coins?

I am going back and saying that he sees the bigger picture that I once was not. Time to let those funds be spread and used for something useful. With the recent obvious P&Ds happening, I don't really trust whoever has access to these funds not to be taken over by greed when the time comes.
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:31:11 PM

What is the promise that the community fund will be used to benefit the coin when it hits higher caps? What guarantee do we have that it won't be dumped like many hidden instamines of other coins?

"All NEM core developer funds vested in the hands of the current core team will be transferred to a trust company set up to manage the fund so that they can be used for the day to day operations of the foundation."

https://blog.nem.io/nem-foundation-inauguration/
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:45:32 PM

http://nemflash.com/getcoin-interview-rene-glance-nem-future/

http://mijin.io/ja/843.html
n3lz0n

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:56:55 PM

blah blah blah...peeps just keep complaining.....what HAVE you done to help the community?.......

you guys try talking to the CEO / Bankers / etc etc and SEE how hard work is involved...

if NEM is a scam or P&D or whatever your saying, it will be dead by now... read the news....news in japanese? google translate it..middle of the mountain in Malaysia?...excuse me?...what would you feel if I say "middle of the mountain in the USA?" what would you feel?.... ..get involve with the community, ask how you can help, NEM made in the US?...... no, you are wrong..., NEM is made by people all around the world(Made on Earth) ...it just happens when Lon was in Japan (CEO Takao) discovered its potential... as I said before, try talking to a CEO and sell NEM and see how far you can go...

anyways.... NEM is a long term investment and NOT pump and dump...go and buy the over hyped/vapourware/overpriced coins out there with a flat innovation...that's what you all want...overnight success....it takes time.....

goodluck!

btw had a bet with a friend of mine... BCCC vs R3 who will win?...I say the BCCC why? they get the job done (period!).... no such thing as never ending coffee break + meeting + chit chat + coffee breaks + chit chat + meeting ..........and the cycle continues.... until the funding runs out..........

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:13:52 PM

Great interview by Rene. 

Congrats on the Malaysian team and their hard work!
http://www.nem.my/

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 11:27:32 PM

blah blah blah...peeps just keep complaining.....what HAVE you done to help the community?.......

you guys try talking to the CEO / Bankers / etc etc and SEE how hard work is involved...

if NEM is a scam or P&D or whatever your saying, it will be dead by now... read the news....news in japanese? google translate it..middle of the mountain in Malaysia?...excuse me?...what would you feel if I say "middle of the mountain in the USA?" what would you feel?.... ..get involve with the community, ask how you can help, NEM made in the US?...... no, you are wrong..., NEM is made by people all around the world(Made on Earth) ...it just happens when Lon was in Japan (CEO Takao) discovered its potential... as I said before, try talking to a CEO and sell NEM and see how far you can go...

anyways.... NEM is a long term investment and NOT pump and dump...go and buy the over hyped/vapourware/overpriced coins out there with a flat innovation...that's what you all want...overnight success....it takes time.....

goodluck!

btw had a bet with a friend of mine... BCCC vs R3 who will win?...I say the BCCC why? they get the job done (period!).... no such thing as never ending coffee break + meeting + chit chat + coffee breaks + chit chat + meeting ..........and the cycle continues.... until the funding runs out..........

Completely agree!
The trolls seem to think we should be getting some sort of pump for a birthday present or something???

And besides, what difference does it matter what is happening in one country over another?
Asia is probably a far bigger market than the USA anyway!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 11:39:21 PM

Getcoin Interview with Rene B. about NEM
BY BRAINOFMASSES · MARCH 29, 2017

This interview was published originally on the russian news outlet of Getcoin.

NEM getcoin interview

Rene B.: I want to extend a warm *Thank You* to the Russian-speaking community for the opportunity to respond to your questions.

You are very supportive of the NEM ecosystem and the worldwide community is grateful to have you. Keep up the good work. Every contribution, however small, counts. Together, we can achieve greatness.

Getcoin: How did you join the NEM team?

Rene: I joined the NEM project in Q2 2016. I heard about NEM at Bitcoin meetups in Malaysia and became interested. Then, I had the honor of meeting Lon Wong at a Starbucks in Kuala Lumpur in May/June – and we talked a lot about blockchain, crypto, and business. We agreed to meet again in the following weeks. I felt reaffirmed that NEM is a project worth supporting more actively rather than only through speculating and chatting. I came back to Lon with the proposal of being more active and supporting the NEM project locally – that was the time when the idea of getting organized regional legal entities was becoming more imminent, too.

Discussions about the NEM Malaysia Chapter and me setting it up as a non-profit association & leading it started in Q3 2016. By November 2016 I held the government’s society registration certificate in my hand. NEM Malaysia has seven core executive committee members and approximately thirty supporters which are being enrolled as ordinary members. The numbers are growing…

Here we are – actively and “officially” supporting the cause. I am proud to be part of NEM.

Getcoin: Could you please share some info about the current status of the platform and team/teams?

Rene: Currently, there is a lot of development going on in NEM – such as the earlier discussed Mijin project with Hitachi, Mijin’s project with Digipolis Belgium, LuxTag, LandStead and several other commercial projects. As for future projects, it is worth mentioning that the NEM.io foundation is building a Turbo Charged Incubator for entrepreneurs who develop based on the NEM blockchain.

(Quoting Lon: “In the meantime, the Nem.io Foundation has been formally recognised by an agency in the Prime Minister’s department in Malaysia as a high impact technology project. The secretariat of the NEM.io Foundation shall be housed in their premises for the next couple of years. The premises will have a lecture theatre, function rooms and conference rooms where we are free to use them to promote our activities. Additionally, we shall soon be setting up a host of servers to help in the development of our services, tests, and applications.
Sometime later in the year, we hope to get our blockchain solution officially tested and certified in accordance with the International Standards Organisation and hopefully, be the first blockchain to do so. NEM.io is also going to be represented in the ISO standards committee in Malaysia, one of the 16 countries in the world who has a seat in the formulation of the ISO standard for Blockchain. We hope to be represented in Japan as well as in Europe. This will make the NEM blockchain a strong case as a standard.“)

Regarding the status of “the NEM blockchain platform,” I have to mainly refer to the highly stable Java-run public network which launched on March 31, 2015 and has now run without interruptions for almost two years. We are looking forward to celebrating the second anniversary in a few days! Later in 2017, the Catapult upgrade should come in – this consists of a core node network upgrade where NEM will move away from Java to C++. This major upgrade will first happen in the private chain system Mijin – then after successful implementation in that “smaller scale,” it will be implemented into the public chain. As of today, our core developers are working hard on the Catapult C++ upgrade whilst maintaining the running of the Java network.

Getcoin: What are the stronger and weaker sides of the NEM Blockchain?

Rene: Strong: NEM blockchain overall has the competitive edge in terms of technological advantage. Flexibility. Public & Private Chain functionality with the option to anchor chains one to another. Furthermore, the NEM blockchain is easy to use with its API. Applications (see even the most famous application using the NEM API “NanoWallet”) can use the NEM blockchain without running a node. This is a major advantage compared with other blockchain platforms.

Weak: Well, if you want to call it “weak”. Privacy. Everything in the NEM public chain is public. Messages can be encrypted (NanoWallet supports that really well, by the way! Try it out!) – but the metadata about transactions, or all XEM transfers are public.

P.S. This list of strengths / weaknesses is not exhaustive!

Getcoin: Are you going to develop/extend the NEM platform in 5-7 years or just maintain/support it?

Rene: We are looking at developing and scaling NEM into a bigger platform that will be adopted by the mainstream. Development, improvements and next innovations won’t stop in the coming months nor years!

Getcoin: Are you going to change the supernode rewards program in the future (rewards, quantity of XEM for it, technical requirements)? What is the key points for changing it?

Rene: Supernode remuneration planning is not my agenda. I can’t comment much on this. Let me quote Jeff (jabo38)

[before the Supernode-Reward doubling in late 2016]: “Generally, I feel like the way to go is lower transaction fees (we are discussing that) and raise Supernode rewards. 

We have enough money in the Supernode Fund to double daily rewards to 140,000 and really get a robust network of supernodes going. Meanwhile, we can attract businesses if the fees on the network are low.

They get a powerful network which is cheap and can build on it.  Eventually transaction load increases and even regular harvesters should be happy.  It is a really long game in bootstrapping.”

Getcoin: How do you see the NEM Blockchain in 5 to 10 years?

Rene: In Malaysia, we are looking at being the anchor of Blockchain technology receiving serious support from the government. NEM will power non-Fintech and Fintech applications which solve real world problems and improve business processes. We will see private chain implementations using NEM technology for corporations and governments, hopefully even some developing countries opt on choosing NEM as the technology platform to build payment solutions or e.g. citizen registry / land registry on.

There are various projects ongoing in that field which I can’t talk about yet. Public announcements will be made once the relevant involved parties are ready to do so. NEM is not a questionable infant project anymore and it has the world’s attention – NEM is serious about business.

Getcoin: Could you please share the current status of the XEM/Blockchain industry in your region? How does government support or forbid blockchain industry, especially XEM or Bitcoin?

Rene: In Malaysia, the government is highly supportive of blockchain technology. Cryptocurrency is not endorsed by the government as a means of payment but is acknowledged as “an unsafe, unregulated, other investment vehicle”.

We are working together with government agencies and other organizations to support the education about blockchain and cryptocurrency.

Malaysia is specific about numerous persistent and varying scam models, mainly HYIP and Ponzi programmes. Fraudsters are taking advantage of misconceptions and Blockchain-illiteracy of the general public. Awareness and education regarding scam detection and avoidance is on the agenda of NEM Malaysia, as well as educating developers and programmers about the use of Blockchain technology and NEM in particular.

Getcoin: What kind of “out of the box” services are you going to release, apart from Apostille?

Rene: I personally expect “out of the box” services mainly to be from non-fintech industry. Besides the free Apostille, we are expecting the commercial project LuxTag, digitized certificates of authenticity initially for luxury consumer products. The other project would be Landstead, a NEM based service to create a registry of land and property.

Fintech projects wouldn’t usually be “out-of-the-box” because they demand high customization and adaption to the clients’ needs. There are various high-tier projects regarding Fintech implementations of the NEM technology ongoing – which I am not able to talk about at this moment. NEM’s partner companies for FinTech implementations are mainly DragonFly Fintech Ltd (Singapore) and Tech Bureau Ltd (Japan), and other players are already entering the market.

Everybody is free to build using the NEM Blockchain technology platform.

Getcoin: Are you going to start strongly marketing NEM(youtube channel, records of use cases)? Is marketing a strategic point of the NEM road map?

Rene: Yes, NEM realizes that it is ineffective to create a great project but not talk efficiently about it. We will market more to the mainstream so more people can develop meaningful services based on the NEM blockchain. Recently, the Vietnamese rapper Son started to rap about NEM, and several community members are posting more and more content on YouTube, too.

The NEM.IO website is undergoing a complete revamp and will relaunch in 2017 – the country chapters like NEM.MY shall follow the design set by that upgrade.

Further, myself, I am working on a storyboard for a series of NEM explainer videos which we are going to record in Q2 2017.

Getcoin: What are the next most imminent plans?

Rene: Next on our agenda is to support  NEM’s presentation (48h non-stop manned booth) at the NASA Space Apps hackathon 29-30th of April in Kuala Lumpur Petronas Towers. Then in May or June, we will host the 2017 NEM Association of Malaysia Signature event, the “South East Asia NEM Blockchain App Hackathon” with serious prize money paid 50% in fiat and 50% in XEM.

NEM Malaysia will be accepting ordinary members from May 2017, too – and prepare various incentives for them. Details are to be published soon.

For myself, I am obviously involved not only in the NEM project but even in commercial activities – namely mainly LuxTag.io. For this project I will be presenting at several events throughout April and May 2017. Further, we are signing our first contract for the pilot project launch with a commercial luxury watch manufacturer soon – I am excited about that! We’ll work hard with my wonderful team on the development and then deliver by Q3 2017.

Rene, President of the NEM Association (Malaysia), 21.Mar.2017
Xarcade

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:35:31 AM

Thanks for saying that  Cheesy

NEM will act as the perfect engine behind this platform and it will empower video game developers even more!

And thank you for inviting me to discuss this new never done before concept in the Red NEM Telegram group.

I shall talk about it in there.
suky321

Activity: 382
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 05:34:18 AM

Thanks, nice reading.  Particularly liked the below from NEM Malaysia president and NEM.io president foundation (Lon Wong):

Later in the year, we hope that NEM Blockchain will be formally tested and certified by the International Organization for Standardization (International Standards Organisation), and we hope that this will be the first standardized blokchain. NEM Foundation is going to be represented in the committee for ISO standards in Malaysia, one of the 16 countries that participated in the development of ISO standards for Blockchain. We hope that will also be presented in accordance with ISO standards committees in Japan and in Europe. This will facilitate the selection of NEM Blockchain as a standard.

As for the NEM platform status, I should mention a highly stable public network, which was launched March 31, 2015 and runs continuously for almost two years.

Later, in 2017, should see the update Catapult - NEM go with each one of us ++ Java. The first big update will take place in private Mijin chain, and then - in the NEM public chain. To date, our core developers are working hard on updating the Catapult C ++ and Java support for the current network.

NEM Platform received strong support from the Malaysia government and aims to become an anchor blockchain technology in Malaysia. NEM will be used in many applications (non-fintech and fintech), which solve real problems and improve business processes.

We see the implementation of private circuits for corporations and governments. We hope that some developing countries would prefer NEM as a technology platform for creating payment solutions, citizen registry and land registry.
In this area, there are various projects that I can not speak. Public announcements will be made after the relevant stakeholders are ready to do it.
visaco

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 06:36:56 AM

are we going to see an integration soon  Wink

I have told you NEM will make you a millionaire and we have made it ...IOST is the new baby Money making machine.  keep an eye on this little Monster...
visaco

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 06:43:06 AM

many nem games are popping up lately  Cheesy

suky321

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 08:34:31 AM

Big jump in marketcap on coinmarketcap now at $161,613,900 8th place.
howi53

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 08:35:12 AM

Sweden looks to the blockchain for land registry.
http://www.coindesk.com/sweden-moves-next-stage-blockchain-land-registry/

I suspect more and more governments/companies will be testing the blockchain for proofing data.

Apostille  Grin

We need more people with Swedish companies to help us represent.  If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.

Read the article. As already mentioned, it seems I am the oldest nembster (I caused the BIG BANG). No skills, which could help you. But I found https://chromaway.com/team where you can connect to landregistry team. Could this help?

Life is like a chicken ladder - short and shitty
dranster

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 08:39:05 AM

XEM 5000 sats this month  Grin
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 09:01:01 AM

And this ladies and gentlemen is the exact manipulation I am talking about.

Newbie accounts hyping it, bots trading like crazy, no one is really buying into NEM. It's all bot action.

This peak is pure P&D, congratulations on making NEM look like one of the many P&D scams.

By the way I have no idea how those flares even are on my account.

I never invested in Zcash, not once have I mentioned it.

I have never invested in Ark either.

Nor am I a Synereo CEO.
suky321

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 09:07:58 AM

If you look at the peaks and troughs on the price charts, in the short term there will be selling by some to make a quick profit, but in the long term the price has increased a lot.  The bigger picture is more positive. 
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 09:12:52 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2017, 09:27:38 AM by LemonAndFriesOne

If you look at the peaks and troughs on the price charts, in the short term there will be selling by some to make a quick profit, but in the long term the price has increased a lot.  The bigger picture is more positive.  

It's all bot action, just look at the activity on the exchanges. Amounts being bought and sold extremely fast. Some ammounts are the same being bought and sold. Yet very little activity on the threads and newbie accounts hyping it. Useless games made that mean nothing to NEM, pointless announcements about some Malaysian government that no one knows what is really going on.

Let the newbies to NEM buy at the high so everyone can dump and potential new users just turn away completely from a very promising project all in the name of short term profit.
dranster

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 09:16:23 AM

Butthurt Train misser spotted above

XEM is going to new ATH and Catapult out soon

see ye
Pages: « 1 ... 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 [1427] 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: