Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:27:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 [1428] 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984064 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 09:19:54 AM

Butthurt Train misser spotted above

XEM is going to new ATH and Catapult out soon

see ye

What are you talking about? I am an initial investor. I still have my stake, it's very good for me. As a matter of fact I'm thinking about riding the waves since it seems that's what everyone does anyways.

If anything, you came in late and now are trying to hype for cents of profit.

These pumps just turn away serious investors and make this project look bad.

P&Ds have historically ruined what other wise would have been good coins and in the end the project is abandoned because devs cash out and newbies are left holding worthless coins.

Also, this pump is happening while the east is awake and the west sleeps, makes you think.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DIMKAZDS

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 09:32:33 AM

If you look at the peaks and troughs on the price charts, in the short term there will be selling by some to make a quick profit, but in the long term the price has increased a lot.  The bigger picture is more positive. 

It's all bot action, just look at the activity on the exchanges. Amounts being bought and sold extremely fast. Some ammounts are the same being bought and sold. Yet very little activity on the threads and newbie accounts hyping it. Useless games that mean nothing to NEM, pointless announcements about some Malaysiaa government that no one knows what is really going on.

Let the newbies to NEM buy at the high so everyone can dump and potential new users just turn away completely from a very promising project all in the name of short term profit.

I'm not really understand, how you suggest to avoid p&d? Delist xem from polo and other exchanges?

And i assure you, most newbies here doesn't give a shit about xem, they here for p&d and quick profit either. (or loss Grin) So don't worry about they gone from this project.

And don't forget about fools day today Wink
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 09:48:19 AM

see ye

can be that insider buying like with zaif guys last  time 300>3000sat ...
i don blame insider info this is crypto

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 10:03:09 AM

By the way I have no idea how those flares even are on my account.

I never invested in Zcash, not once have I mentioned it.

I have never invested in Ark either.

Nor am I a Synereo CEO.

lol  have a nice april , 1st Wink
visaco

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 10:08:48 AM

it is official

I have told you NEM will make you a millionaire and we have made it ...IOST is the new baby Money making machine.  keep an eye on this little Monster...
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 10:17:14 AM

see ye

What are you talking about? I am an initial investor. I still have my stake, it's very good for me. As a matter of fact I'm thinking about riding the waves since it seems that's what everyone does anyways.

P&Ds have historically ruined what other wise would have been good coins and in the end the project is abandoned because devs cash out and newbies are left holding worthless coins.

Also, this pump is happening while the east is awake and the west sleeps, makes you think.

Why do you continue to bitch about pumps/dumps/manipulation? This is a feature of exchanges and it happens with every coin. Its like you are blaming the Nem community/Devs for this. Do you really think giving out about it here will stop these traders doing their thing?
Anyone with any sense ignores newbie accounts no matter what they say or better still do the opposite of what they say. Ignore these short term price fluctuations and buy or sell based on the fundamentals, trust you have of the team, possible future uses etc.
fob123

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 10:38:56 AM

see ye

Why do you continue to bitch about pumps/dumps/manipulation? This is a feature of exchanges and it happens with every coin. Its like you are blaming the Nem community/Devs for this. Do you really think giving out about it here will stop these traders doing their thing?
Anyone with any sense ignores newbie accounts no matter what they say or better still do the opposite of what they say. Ignore these short term price fluctuations and buy or sell based on the fundamentals, trust you have of the team, possible future uses etc.

he obviously is blind. Nem is the least manipulated out of all the top 10 coins. You just need to look at the chart and see for yourself. Doesn't take a genius to work it out. Bots are at it on all the coins so your statement about bots is meaningless.
AntiNoise

Activity: 143
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 10:46:17 AM

XEM 5000 sats this month  Grin

Maybe a bit too optimistic  Grin .

see ye

he obviously is blind. Nem is the least manipulated out of all the top 10 coins. You just need to look at the chart and see for yourself. Doesn't take a genius to work it out. Bots are at it on all the coins so your statement about bots is meaningless.

Everyone here started as newbie   Roll Eyes ---- and a lot of posts says nothing.
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 10:54:53 AM

Everyone here started as newbie   Roll Eyes ---- and a lot of posts says nothing.

Yes everyone started as a newbie And was ignored. And lots of posts says a lot because you can look through their post history and quickly see if its a troll/manipulator etc. Not foolproof but usually pretty accurate.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:12:42 PM

i had tell you that NEM will superpass ETH before end 2017 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 01:27:11 PM

Getcoin Interview with Rene B. about NEM
BY BRAINOFMASSES · MARCH 29, 2017

This interview was published originally on the russian news outlet of Getcoin.

NEM getcoin interview

Rene B.: I want to extend a warm *Thank You* to the Russian-speaking community for the opportunity to respond to your questions.

You are very supportive of the NEM ecosystem and the worldwide community is grateful to have you. Keep up the good work. Every contribution, however small, counts. Together, we can achieve greatness.

Getcoin: How did you join the NEM team?

Rene: I joined the NEM project in Q2 2016. I heard about NEM at Bitcoin meetups in Malaysia and became interested. Then, I had the honor of meeting Lon Wong at a Starbucks in Kuala Lumpur in May/June – and we talked a lot about blockchain, crypto, and business. We agreed to meet again in the following weeks. I felt reaffirmed that NEM is a project worth supporting more actively rather than only through speculating and chatting. I came back to Lon with the proposal of being more active and supporting the NEM project locally – that was the time when the idea of getting organized regional legal entities was becoming more imminent, too.

Discussions about the NEM Malaysia Chapter and me setting it up as a non-profit association & leading it started in Q3 2016. By November 2016 I held the government’s society registration certificate in my hand. NEM Malaysia has seven core executive committee members and approximately thirty supporters which are being enrolled as ordinary members. The numbers are growing…

Here we are – actively and “officially” supporting the cause. I am proud to be part of NEM.

Getcoin: Could you please share some info about the current status of the platform and team/teams?

Rene: Currently, there is a lot of development going on in NEM – such as the earlier discussed Mijin project with Hitachi, Mijin’s project with Digipolis Belgium, LuxTag, LandStead and several other commercial projects. As for future projects, it is worth mentioning that the NEM.io foundation is building a Turbo Charged Incubator for entrepreneurs who develop based on the NEM blockchain.

(Quoting Lon: “In the meantime, the Nem.io Foundation has been formally recognised by an agency in the Prime Minister’s department in Malaysia as a high impact technology project. The secretariat of the NEM.io Foundation shall be housed in their premises for the next couple of years. The premises will have a lecture theatre, function rooms and conference rooms where we are free to use them to promote our activities. Additionally, we shall soon be setting up a host of servers to help in the development of our services, tests, and applications.
Sometime later in the year, we hope to get our blockchain solution officially tested and certified in accordance with the International Standards Organisation and hopefully, be the first blockchain to do so. NEM.io is also going to be represented in the ISO standards committee in Malaysia, one of the 16 countries in the world who has a seat in the formulation of the ISO standard for Blockchain. We hope to be represented in Japan as well as in Europe. This will make the NEM blockchain a strong case as a standard.“)

Regarding the status of “the NEM blockchain platform,” I have to mainly refer to the highly stable Java-run public network which launched on March 31, 2015 and has now run without interruptions for almost two years. We are looking forward to celebrating the second anniversary in a few days! Later in 2017, the Catapult upgrade should come in – this consists of a core node network upgrade where NEM will move away from Java to C++. This major upgrade will first happen in the private chain system Mijin – then after successful implementation in that “smaller scale,” it will be implemented into the public chain. As of today, our core developers are working hard on the Catapult C++ upgrade whilst maintaining the running of the Java network.

Getcoin: What are the stronger and weaker sides of the NEM Blockchain?

Rene: Strong: NEM blockchain overall has the competitive edge in terms of technological advantage. Flexibility. Public & Private Chain functionality with the option to anchor chains one to another. Furthermore, the NEM blockchain is easy to use with its API. Applications (see even the most famous application using the NEM API “NanoWallet”) can use the NEM blockchain without running a node. This is a major advantage compared with other blockchain platforms.

Weak: Well, if you want to call it “weak”. Privacy. Everything in the NEM public chain is public. Messages can be encrypted (NanoWallet supports that really well, by the way! Try it out!) – but the metadata about transactions, or all XEM transfers are public.

P.S. This list of strengths / weaknesses is not exhaustive!

Getcoin: Are you going to develop/extend the NEM platform in 5-7 years or just maintain/support it?

Rene: We are looking at developing and scaling NEM into a bigger platform that will be adopted by the mainstream. Development, improvements and next innovations won’t stop in the coming months nor years!

Getcoin: Are you going to change the supernode rewards program in the future (rewards, quantity of XEM for it, technical requirements)? What is the key points for changing it?

Rene: Supernode remuneration planning is not my agenda. I can’t comment much on this. Let me quote Jeff (jabo38)

[before the Supernode-Reward doubling in late 2016]: “Generally, I feel like the way to go is lower transaction fees (we are discussing that) and raise Supernode rewards. 

We have enough money in the Supernode Fund to double daily rewards to 140,000 and really get a robust network of supernodes going. Meanwhile, we can attract businesses if the fees on the network are low.

They get a powerful network which is cheap and can build on it.  Eventually transaction load increases and even regular harvesters should be happy.  It is a really long game in bootstrapping.”

Getcoin: How do you see the NEM Blockchain in 5 to 10 years?

Rene: In Malaysia, we are looking at being the anchor of Blockchain technology receiving serious support from the government. NEM will power non-Fintech and Fintech applications which solve real world problems and improve business processes. We will see private chain implementations using NEM technology for corporations and governments, hopefully even some developing countries opt on choosing NEM as the technology platform to build payment solutions or e.g. citizen registry / land registry on.

There are various projects ongoing in that field which I can’t talk about yet. Public announcements will be made once the relevant involved parties are ready to do so. NEM is not a questionable infant project anymore and it has the world’s attention – NEM is serious about business.

Getcoin: Could you please share the current status of the XEM/Blockchain industry in your region? How does government support or forbid blockchain industry, especially XEM or Bitcoin?

Rene: In Malaysia, the government is highly supportive of blockchain technology. Cryptocurrency is not endorsed by the government as a means of payment but is acknowledged as “an unsafe, unregulated, other investment vehicle”.

We are working together with government agencies and other organizations to support the education about blockchain and cryptocurrency.

Malaysia is specific about numerous persistent and varying scam models, mainly HYIP and Ponzi programmes. Fraudsters are taking advantage of misconceptions and Blockchain-illiteracy of the general public. Awareness and education regarding scam detection and avoidance is on the agenda of NEM Malaysia, as well as educating developers and programmers about the use of Blockchain technology and NEM in particular.

Getcoin: What kind of “out of the box” services are you going to release, apart from Apostille?

Rene: I personally expect “out of the box” services mainly to be from non-fintech industry. Besides the free Apostille, we are expecting the commercial project LuxTag, digitized certificates of authenticity initially for luxury consumer products. The other project would be Landstead, a NEM based service to create a registry of land and property.

Fintech projects wouldn’t usually be “out-of-the-box” because they demand high customization and adaption to the clients’ needs. There are various high-tier projects regarding Fintech implementations of the NEM technology ongoing – which I am not able to talk about at this moment. NEM’s partner companies for FinTech implementations are mainly DragonFly Fintech Ltd (Singapore) and Tech Bureau Ltd (Japan), and other players are already entering the market.

Everybody is free to build using the NEM Blockchain technology platform.

Getcoin: Are you going to start strongly marketing NEM(youtube channel, records of use cases)? Is marketing a strategic point of the NEM road map?

Rene: Yes, NEM realizes that it is ineffective to create a great project but not talk efficiently about it. We will market more to the mainstream so more people can develop meaningful services based on the NEM blockchain. Recently, the Vietnamese rapper Son started to rap about NEM, and several community members are posting more and more content on YouTube, too.

The NEM.IO website is undergoing a complete revamp and will relaunch in 2017 – the country chapters like NEM.MY shall follow the design set by that upgrade.

Further, myself, I am working on a storyboard for a series of NEM explainer videos which we are going to record in Q2 2017.

Getcoin: What are the next most imminent plans?

Rene: Next on our agenda is to support  NEM’s presentation (48h non-stop manned booth) at the NASA Space Apps hackathon 29-30th of April in Kuala Lumpur Petronas Towers. Then in May or June, we will host the 2017 NEM Association of Malaysia Signature event, the “South East Asia NEM Blockchain App Hackathon” with serious prize money paid 50% in fiat and 50% in XEM.

NEM Malaysia will be accepting ordinary members from May 2017, too – and prepare various incentives for them. Details are to be published soon.

For myself, I am obviously involved not only in the NEM project but even in commercial activities – namely mainly LuxTag.io. For this project I will be presenting at several events throughout April and May 2017. Further, we are signing our first contract for the pilot project launch with a commercial luxury watch manufacturer soon – I am excited about that! We’ll work hard with my wonderful team on the development and then deliver by Q3 2017.

Rene, President of the NEM Association (Malaysia), 21.Mar.2017

That was a really nice interview.  Thank you Rene for taking the time to go through all that.  :-)

Xpedite

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:19:03 PM

Guys, does anyone know why I have a dash icon on my profile?

Is that my punishment for being inactive on this forum ?  Grin ( just kidding eh ;-)  )
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:04:07 PM

i had tell you that NEM will superpass ETH before end 2017 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Now you even find new words in the dictionary, yelin. I love "superpassing". i do that all the time  Smiley

I mean, whats a forum without its own household troll ?  Smiley

Ok, ok, don´t feed the troll, i know.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:26:28 PM

Japan's Bitcoin Law Goes Into Effect Tomorrow
Garrett Keirns (@garrettkeirns) | Published on March 31, 2017 at 15:01 BST NEWS

Japan is set to begin recognizing bitcoin as a legal method of payment starting tomorrow.

The country's legislature passed a law, following months of debate, that brought bitcoin exchanges under anti-money laundering/know-your-customer rules, while also categorizing bitcoin as a kind of prepaid payment instrument.

It's a debate that began in the wake of the collapse of Mt Gox, the now-defunct bitcoin exchange that shuttered after months of growing complications and, in the end, revelations of insolvency and alleged fraud.

According to Japan’s Financial Services Agency, that law goes into effect on 1st April, putting in place capital requirements for exchanges as well as cybersecurity and operational stipulations. In addition, those exchanges will also be required to conduct employee training programs and submit to annual audits.

Yet there may be more work to come in this area.

For example, Nomura Research Institute's Yasutake Okano indicated in a May 2016 report that other Japanese laws may need to change to account for the tech, including the Banking Act and Financial Instruments and Exchange Act.

Reports indicate that other groups in Japan are moving to plug some of those gaps as well.

According to a report from Nikkei, the Accounting Standards Board of Japan decided earlier this week to begin developing standards for digital currencies like bitcoin. Its work mirrors other efforts being undertaken elsewhere, including Australia, which began pushing for such standards late last year.

Image via Shutterstock
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:43:15 PM

Japan's Bitcoin Law Goes Into Effect Tomorrow
Garrett Keirns (@garrettkeirns) | Published on March 31, 2017 at 15:01 BST NEWS

Japan is set to begin recognizing bitcoin as a legal method of payment starting tomorrow.

The country's legislature passed a law, following months of debate, that brought bitcoin exchanges under anti-money laundering/know-your-customer rules, while also categorizing bitcoin as a kind of prepaid payment instrument.

It's a debate that began in the wake of the collapse of Mt Gox, the now-defunct bitcoin exchange that shuttered after months of growing complications and, in the end, revelations of insolvency and alleged fraud.

According to Japan’s Financial Services Agency, that law goes into effect on 1st April, putting in place capital requirements for exchanges as well as cybersecurity and operational stipulations. In addition, those exchanges will also be required to conduct employee training programs and submit to annual audits.

Yet there may be more work to come in this area.

For example, Nomura Research Institute's Yasutake Okano indicated in a May 2016 report that other Japanese laws may need to change to account for the tech, including the Banking Act and Financial Instruments and Exchange Act.

Reports indicate that other groups in Japan are moving to plug some of those gaps as well.

According to a report from Nikkei, the Accounting Standards Board of Japan decided earlier this week to begin developing standards for digital currencies like bitcoin. Its work mirrors other efforts being undertaken elsewhere, including Australia, which began pushing for such standards late last year.

Image via Shutterstock

I´m beginning to believe you are a group, some of you stupid, some not so mutch, the "jelins"  Smiley

gadsden76

Activity: 130
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 05:50:55 PM

Is that my punishment for being inactive on this forum ?  Grin ( just kidding eh ;-)  )

On my Profile also....synereo, ark, etc, factom, ......  Huh

You can trade them in for a free coin.  Just go to the Meta section of the forum and look in the thread there...

Not all those who wander are lost.
-Tolkien
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 06:44:17 PM

On my Profile also....synereo, ark, etc, factom, ......  Huh

Check the date Wink
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 07:32:39 PM

Looking to buy all badges @0.1 btc/badge. Buying in bulk.
n3lz0n

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 10:09:12 PM

Join our official Telegram NEM rooms to speak with the rest of the NEM community.
See you there! (as of 02-April-2017)

What is NEM?
NEM is a peer to peer platform and it provides/will provide services like payments, messaging, asset trading and smart contracts. There shall be a lot more to come as NEM shall be an evolving solution. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwFsIRFIIms)

NEM Red (699 members)
https://t.me/nemred

NEM Australia (19 members)
https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEB5SdvCtFxW8riKPg

NEM D-A-CH [german] (63 members)
http://nem.my/join_telegramgroup_german

NEM:: Dutch (12 Members)
https://t.me/NEMdutch

NEM Russia (496 members)
https://t.me/NEMru

NEM Greece (8 members)
https://t.me/NEMgreece

NEM Italia (14 members)
https://t.me/nemitalia

NEM: Korea (7 Members)
https://t.me/NEMKorea

NEM Spain (26 members)
https://t.me/nemspanish

NEM Philippines (32 members)
https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAAvm7uTODMLyQsisMA

NEM Polska (48 members)
https://t.me/nempl

NEM New Zealand (18 members)
https://t.me/NEMNZ

NEM Japan Community (369 members)
https://t.me/nemjapan

NEMberia (349 members, Price speculation room)
https://t.me/nemberia

NEM Thailand (5 Members)
https://t.me/nemthai

NEM Turkiye (4 Members)
Link: TBA

NEM::USA (31 Members)
https://t.me/nemusa

NEM: UK (9 Members)
https://t.me/NEMuk

NEM Ukraine (476 members, NEM and other Cryptocurrencies too)
https://t.me/BFU_Cryptochat

NEM: Vietnam (3 Members)
https://t.me/NEMVietnam

NEM HELPDESK Team (68 members, Newbie area, you have problems? come by and we will assist you)
https://t.me/nemhelpdesk

NEM Telegram in a MAP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0XmdKKgkCM&feature=youtu.be

NEM Link List 2017 (as of 28/3/2017)
https://www.reddit.com/r/nem/comments/61ucnw/nem_link_list_2017/

Supernode Total: 602 Nodes
(Source:https://supernodes.nem.io/)

If your country do not have a room yet. Feel free to create one in the Telegram and let us know.
Questions about NEM? Please visit our FAQ page on https://blog.nem.io/faq-en/

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:47:55 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2017, 09:24:20 AM by pfrtlpfmpf

"DigixDAO grand poobah"  Smiley

I´ll lay down and piss myself . . . Thank you ! Having so much fun, i don`t even care how much one xem is at moment.
Damn, you took it off our Profile. I thought 1.April would last 24 hours ? Well, it´s a time zone thing, i guess .
Pages: « 1 ... 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 [1428] 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: