Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:50:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 [1964] 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984247 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cyrax1

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 06:37:54 PM

Stupid coin, the events did not play out much, there is little time, there will be no growth, the current is drained every day -5%
because there is a risk of transferring the snapshot, so people began to sell coins.

What risk are we talking about?
Guess he means that System launch might be postponed due to some emerged technical things (link bellow) which need to solve before launch, and this brings in a question if snapshot itself will be postponed as well:

https://forum.nem.io/t/500-nodes-performance-test/26565/41

The new kids of the block know always the most of everything Wink

Well, why price is going as it is going I have no clue, just hope that this snapshot date will hold as good as I will hold my XEMs:) And with my money in the game, of course I am interested if it is going to be postponed.
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 07:10:04 PM

Stupid coin, the events did not play out much, there is little time, there will be no growth, the current is drained every day -5%
because there is a risk of transferring the snapshot, so people began to sell coins.

Guess he means that System launch might be postponed due to some emerged technical things (link bellow) which need to solve before launch, and this brings in a question if snapshot itself will be postponed as well:

Well, why price is going as it is going I have no clue, just hope that this snapshot date will hold as good as I will hold my XEMs:) And with my money in the game, of course I am interested if it is going to be postponed.

Look eg. Poloniex's coin courses. Sort them by the Volume.
Almost all the coins have a negative course change.

When Bitcoin goes up strongly, then almost always the alt coins go downwards.
cyrax1

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 07:41:07 PM

Look eg. Poloniex's coin courses. Sort them by the Volume.
Almost all the coins have a negative course change.

When Bitcoin goes up strongly, then almost always the alt coins go downwards.

Thanks:) Yes, seems like not good for alts if it goes too good or too bad for BTC. Hope my XEMs will not lose too much in BTC value during this period...
ormin79

Activity: 152
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2020, 07:21:40 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2020, 07:52:50 AM by ormin79

two levels where XEMBTC should stop this downward move: around 600sat and 400sat. 600sat x 30000 = 18cents,
400sat x 30000 = 12cents, all depends on where this Bitcoina mania will stop, and finally gives fuel for alts and XEM, near snapshot it should be some day or two with spectacular price action in case of XEM.

All this snapshot drama is to collect cheap XEMs from impatient, as always.

News is for sell, not for buy. You must buy not the news, only rumors and in technical places on charts, not in FOMO.

Other alts also have snapshot uncertainty? I dont think so Cheesy so not only the snapshot date manipulation (how many more time) is the fuel for this behaviour of market forces.

I wrote, better is wait for XYMs, than sell XEMs now, even if they will be temporary lower in case of USD nad BTC.
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 09:43:56 AM

@ormin79
, have few questions for you as you seem to know much about this prices action!

1) why you always look "compare" price to USD?
Shouldn't  we look prices against BTC? Isn't the BTC the base (main) currency in crpyto?

2) I have noticed when btc rises "normaly" i mean without sudden spikes the
prices of almost all other crypto fall against BTC but falls just as much to be more or less stable against FIAT currency!
why is that?

ubfpt

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 10:31:29 PM

Everything postponed to february, not even a date.
Fasten your belts gentlemen
We re going down
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 11:14:57 PM

Anyone got a final breakdown of where all the XYM funds go?  will all all the dev funds, silvercoin etc wallets be converted to XYM too ? Also after the 6 years is up, what will happen to unclaimed XYM

Wallets were discussed here. https://forum.nem.io/t/core-team-wallet-transfers/26584?

As for the unclaimed funds after 6 years. I don't expect there to be a lot, but it was discussed to burn it.

So the silver coin fund has been taken ( amalgamated) and put into the Core fund ??
ormin79

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2020, 07:11:27 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2020, 07:55:31 AM by ormin79

@ormin79
, have few questions for you as you seem to know much about this prices action!

1) why you always look "compare" price to USD?
Shouldn't  we look prices against BTC? Isn't the BTC the base (main) currency in crpyto?

2) I have noticed when btc rises "normaly" i mean without sudden spikes the
prices of almost all other crypto fall against BTC but falls just as much to be more or less stable against FIAT currency!
why is that?

1) technicals shoould work in both cases, but yes BTC is main currency and that is the reason why i've looked into chart and described two levels of support for XEMBTC (600sat and 400 sat)

2) This is very complicated. Now all it looks like only BTC is chosen by market, rest of alts wait for occasionally pumps, few tries to bite, other wait for own trend change (in case of XEM we have bad infos, postponing of snapshot, so downtrend looks to be propelled by that). Other thing is liquidity. In case of XEM buywalls are not so big, so dumps are very painful and faster.

The NEM team one more time shows (with snapshot postponing) that they works only for big players/whales, if whale want have cheaper XEMs, they will deliver.

Funny thing is that 9 of swords showed me the truth, but i want not to believe. It's not the end however. If they will do this snapshot finally and whole crypto will be in strong uptrend the chances for high start of XYM are still good. Who is impatient or buyed for around 30cents, can now be more angry i understand that. Other situation is when someone have not invested all or much money in that case, only few percent of capital, so can sleep easy and wait for changes.

12cents level is logaritmic and 6cents is normal mode, one more time formation in USD, in XEMBTC i dont see for now so clear formation. There is one more, old support @ 285sat so we have three supports around 600sat, 400sat, and 300sat...

Ive cutted my portfolio exposition in XEM by a half and wait for lower levels for rebuy, half for Bitcoins, half for JPY (Zaif).

Happy new year holders of XEM, maybe it will be not bad as it looks now from charts;)
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 08:17:06 AM

Don't you find it weird that the sell was triggered a week ago while the announcement was only today ? Was the snapshot delayed ?

ormin79

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2020, 08:48:53 AM

It's not weird it's insider knowledge, they knew first what will be announced, so they have more time to cut position, and the same will be with rebuy from lower levels, we will see sudden pump and few days/week after that we will see announcement.

from forum.nem.io

"Opt In and Snapshot

There is a further subject that needs to be addressed - whether Opt In closing and Snapshot should stay where they are, or move with the launch. This is a subject that we think only the community and token holders should decide and will therefore be put to a PoI vote 44 with further details shared shortly on the forum.

In order to allow as much time as possible for the vote to run, we will change the Opt In close date to the 14th of January as well, giving approx 2 weeks for voting to be completed. A post will be made in the next few days to start this vote, with full details."

I vote for option that snapshot should stay @14January, other than that is bullying on holders, that should stop immediately.

fragout
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 10:40:54 AM

I had planned to sell half of my remaining NEM pre-snapshot and catch a possible pump, but the insider dump has changed my mind and I dumped the lot (not a lot).
Nem will be ~$0 after the snapshot and there is no reason to expect symbol wont go to the Nem price before the airdrop was announced which is around $0.04.
I might buy back some symbol after launch but we will see. It was a great ride on the Nem train from the beginning and I am somewhat sad its over (for me at least). I could have made serious money if I had played it differently with my Nem holdings over the years but I cant complain as everyone has a story like that.
tbc
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 10:42:26 AM

How is information that is accessible to the public insider information? You have to realize this ANN thread is not the main source of information anymore.

Personally, I couldn't care less about moving the snapshot date. I have been patient long enough. Sounds like you are just looking to dump your XEM ASAP after the snapshot and you can't wait to reallocate it into other coins.
jkoil

Nxt NEM

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 11:52:19 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2020, 12:10:45 PM by jkoil

I had planned to sell half of my remaining NEM pre-snapshot and catch a possible pump, but the insider dump has changed my mind and I dumped the lot (not a lot).
Nem will be ~$0 after the snapshot and there is no reason to expect symbol wont go to the Nem price before the airdrop was announced which is around $0.04.
I might buy back some symbol after launch but we will see. It was a great ride on the Nem train from the beginning and I am somewhat sad its over (for me at least). I could have made serious money if I had played it differently with my Nem holdings over the years but I cant complain as everyone has a story like that.
tbc

That is a strong assumption that XYM = XEM.

Is there any other coin-pairs which have been equal in that way or could it be so that XYM is eg. 5 times the price of XEM_before_snapshot.

Is that assumption that XEM will be ~0, based to the alt coin history ?       XEM would disappear from the crypto exchanges, if that 0-price is happening.

Year ago the richest Top50 owned 59,9 % of all XEMs.
Month ago 64,1 %.
Now 65,1 %.

That indicates that the "big boys" trust to XEM or at least trust to that the receiving of XYM will be beneficial.
fragout
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 12:36:15 PM

tbc

Is there any other coin-pairs which have been equal in that way or could it be so that XYM is eg. 5 times the price of XEM_before_snapshot.

Is that assumption that XEM will be ~0, based to the alt coin history ?       XEM would disappear from the crypto exchanges, if that 0-price is happening.

Month ago 64,1 %.
Now 65,1 %.

That indicates that the "big boys" trust to XEM or at least trust to that the receiving of XYM will be beneficial.

Xem will go to zero as the Xem devs are moving to the new coin and XYM is NEM 2. There is no reason to hold Nem after the snapshot.  I suppose its possible someone will take over the the development of the old chain but why ?. The price that XYM will be at launch is anyone's guess but my guess was 0.04 which was the last price Nem was before the split was announced. The ongoing price of XYM assuming it launches at all will be based on its merits, marketing etc like any other coin.
PS: It seems though (could be wrong) that the XYM devs/core are scooping up all the old Nem funds for XYM "development" and who knows what they will do with the unclaimed XYM after 6 years.
jkoil

Nxt NEM

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 01:43:01 PM

tbc

Month ago 64,1 %.
Now 65,1 %.

Xem will go to zero as the Xem devs are moving to the new coin and XYM is NEM 2. There is no reason to hold Nem after the snapshot.  I suppose its possible someone will take over the the development of the old chain but why ?. The price that XYM will be at launch is anyone's guess but my guess was 0.04 which was the last price Nem was before the split was announced. The ongoing price of XYM assuming it launches at all will be based on its merits, marketing etc like any other coin.
PS: It seems though (could be wrong) that the XYM devs/core are scooping up all the old Nem funds for XYM "development" and who knows what they will do with the unclaimed XYM after 6 years.

"my guess was 0.04 which was the last price Nem was before the split was announced"

Why using the split announce day's value, when there has happened a lot after that?  Wouldnt the snapshot_day_minus_1_day be more right?
K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 06:07:21 PM

We vote, it is desirable that the date of the snapshot is not transferred.))
https://forum.nem.io/t/poi-vote-open-symbol-launch-change-snapshot-date-or-not/26695
KimNg

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 08:49:19 PM

We vote, it is desirable that the date of the snapshot is not transferred.))
https://forum.nem.io/t/poi-vote-open-symbol-launch-change-snapshot-date-or-not/26695

A couple more items to vote on:

[PoI Vote Open] Symbol Tokenomics - Launch Date Impacts
https://forum.nem.io/t/poi-vote-open-symbol-tokenomics-launch-date-impacts/26697

[PoI Vote Open] Symbol Tokenomics - Network Fee Usage
https://forum.nem.io/t/poi-vote-open-symbol-tokenomics-network-fee-usage/26698

2021 Happy Nem Year! Smiley

yshin365new

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 11:10:20 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2021, 01:00:43 AM by yshin365new

Happy New year!
I vote for change[postpone] snapshot date in accordance with Symbol launching date.
1. Early snapshot can result in early and more NEM[XEM]_price_down, and this will cause low starting price of Symbol[XYM].
2. By postponing snapshot date, more XEM holder can participate in pre-opt-in.
   (As of 31/12/2020, only about 1/3 of XEM finished pre-opt-in.)
ormin79

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2021, 07:57:16 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2021, 08:34:09 AM by ormin79

We have New Year's pump (or other say dead cat bounce, form my point of view dynamical reaction on 600sat level and 1st September high @17.4cents), pump after dump, if that pump will invalidate H&S formation it will be cruel, because many of us has cutted our NEM bags. I wrote that insiders are few steps before us and if we will see bullish info for few days it will be confirmation. If not - that was only technical correction with maybe some price manipulation to retake XEMs from weak hands.

Lower price of XEM after snapshot will not have much impact on XYMs start price, only demand for XYMs and dump trough the buywalls (hard to say if they will be big or small) by those who had XEMs in the day of snapshot in wallets and had chosen to opt-in (3.3bln XEMs for now). The more pre op-in XEM holder, the higher wil be selling pressure on buywals in the first day of XYM. I hope for nice ride in that day, because it will be pure demand vs cashout (profit realisation) play...

Our journey with XEM is goin to an end, that's other true. Sad but true. Something is ending, something is the new beginning.

Happy new NEM Year;)
cyrax1

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 08:18:12 AM

Vote is ongoing, and people can see ongoing results. Even if number of voters is still very low, maybe some people are taking assumptions about final outcome and taking their bets... Just saying:)
Pages: « 1 ... 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 [1964] 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: