Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:54:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: BITMAIN has Tested Its 28nm Bitcoin Mining Chip BM1382  (Read 143972 times)
cozk

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:39:03 AM

DO NOT BUY THESE ASICS!!! I keep telling you people!

Right now, at 13.4 billion difficulty, a 500 Ghash miner will get you 0.01868 BTC per day!  That's it!

And when the difficulty adjusts to 17.1 BILLION in 3 days, it will make 0.01471 BTC per day!

As of now it'll be 16.6 in 2.5 days.

M

We don't even know the price of the S3 yet. Bitmain was able to sell the S2 for around $250 shipped and still make a profit, and I would expect that their cost to product the S3 would be similar to what it cost them to produce the S1.

I'm sure Bitmain could get very aggressive with pricing if they wanted to, although the first batch will probably be overpriced. People tend to overpay for shiny new hardware.

Also, as we saw with the S2, it's also more of a gamble to buy the first batch of anything. It may take Bitmain a batch or two before they get all the kinks worked out.

S2 shipped for $250 WHERE?  If so Ill take 2 right now.

Any PSU experts looking here?
Id like to take that DELL PSU setup and run some of these possibly.

It only has one PCIE plug though and one more unknown plug that breaks out to SATA power.

Can you get adapters to go from the 24pin, I THINK, to fan out to multiple PCIE plugs?

Thanks

He meant S1... clearly.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:41:53 AM

Hash power improvement on hardware can't keep up with the diff.

As someone said above, no ROI, no care. And it looks like it will be the case.

Hash power improvement causes the diff. People think more hash is better and get proved wrong every diff rise.

What you need to aim for is the most BTC per kWh. but that doesn't fit the more hash is better mindset.

No, hardware proliferation caused the diff. (number of hardware units).

Hash power improvement in a single unit/chip can't keep up the diff. rise caused by this proliferation.

Long term, mining bitcoin will be like selling chewing gum. You'll have to work pretty hard to get almost nothing.

gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:47:09 AM

Hash power improvement on hardware can't keep up with the diff.

As someone said above, no ROI, no care. And it looks like it will be the case.

Hash power improvement causes the diff. People think more hash is better and get proved wrong every diff rise.

What you need to aim for is the most BTC per kWh. but that doesn't fit the more hash is better mindset.

Hash power improvement in a single unit/chip can't keep up the diff. rise cause by this proliferation.

Long term, mining bitcoin will be like selling chewing gum. You'll have to work pretty hard to get almost nothing.

Actually selling chewing gum is very profitable.  For example  "Britney Spears has found herself in a sticky situation – her old chewing gum is being offered for sale on eBay, reports the Associated Press, noting that bidding on one piece of gum chewed and spat out by the pop princess, 22, reached $14,000. "   http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,692094,00.html

Und3rd0g

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:26:56 AM

Assuming you start with one S3 on July 1 (with BTC @ $600) here is what you can expect during July; .3789 BTC or $227.

ernie-

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 04:30:49 AM

Hash power improvement in a single unit/chip can't keep up the diff. rise caused by this proliferation.

The number of hardware units mining BTC has decreased over time. There are far fewer people with ASIC hardware than CPU and GPU owners which were the mainstay of BTC mining for years. People just use to walk up to an existing PC, install some software and start mining, can't get much easier or widespread than that. What has increased is the hash power from the introduction of ASICs last year. The mining is concentrating, fewer people mining BTC, focused on buying larger and larger units, chewing more and more energy to get less BTC daily than the did a year ago. The majority of miners have moved onto other coins they can still mine profitably with CPU and GPUs. I mined my first 6 BTC on a HD 5770 GPU I literally got out of the trash can. Now I have several antminers and I am not sure that any have paid for themselves yet, as Bitmain's modelling is based on too low an electricity price. Before I jump into the S3 I am going to do the ROI modelling very carefully.

xstr8guy

Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:57:10 AM

Right now, at 13.4 billion difficulty, a 500 Ghash miner will get you 0.01868 BTC per day!  That's it!

And when the difficulty adjusts to 17.1 BILLION in 3 days, it will make 0.01471 BTC per day!

At the current price of $568 per BTC, that is $ 8.35 a day, before power costs and before purchase price.

ROI - NEVER!!!!! Shocked

Send your money to ME if you are so determined to piss it away on something!!!!!  Cool

At least I will invest and spend your money wisely, instead of letting it go to some ASIC company owner laying on the beach and laughing at all the people who bought an already obsolete miner.

If the unit costs $568 and I am earning $8.35 a day.. that's pretty good... >.>...

And 10 or 12 days after that you'll be making $6.60 per day. 10-12 days after that it will $5.25 and so on and so on.
cxboyminer

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:13:02 AM

Basically, from simple maths, 1 CX750 can run a 180GH/s S1 and a 500GH/s S3 with no problem?

S1 normal speed <--- 360W
S3 normal speed <--- 390W

360+390=750

Did I do anything wrong here?

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
timk225

Activity: 955

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:20:08 AM

spazzdla very dumbly didn't read my post very well and assumed that $568 per BTC (bitcoin) meant $568 for this S3 miner.  He was wrong.
Und3rd0g

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:23:14 AM

At the current price of $568 per BTC, that is $ 8.35 a day, before power costs and before purchase price.

ROI - NEVER!!!!! Shocked

Send your money to ME if you are so determined to piss it away on something!!!!!  Cool

At least I will invest and spend your money wisely, instead of letting it go to some ASIC company owner laying on the beach and laughing at all the people who bought an already obsolete miner.

If the unit costs $568 and I am earning $8.35 a day.. that's pretty good... >.>...

And 10 or 12 days after that you'll be making $6.60 per day. 10-12 days after that it will $5.25 and so on and so on.

I am not arguing with you but, @ 500GHs these units will net you $18/day and assuming another 25% diff increase $14/day.  After that, assuming continued 25% diff increases (which I do not expect) it would get very ugly.
ernie-

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 05:29:17 AM

I am not arguing with you but, @ 500GHs these units will net you $18/day and assuming another 25% diff increase $14/day.  After that, assuming continued 25% diff increases (which I do not expect) it would get very ugly.
No they wont, at current 504GH/s will only gross $11.01/day that's assuming zero power cost and zero pool fees! Net of course is substantially less than that.

allcoinminer

Merit: 504

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:34:10 AM

Basically, from simple maths, 1 CX750 can run a 180GH/s S1 and a 500GH/s S3 with no problem?

360+390=750

You math is correct. But in practical case you need to allow some free room in between the power supply output and power consumption.
There 360 and 390 are rated power consumption from the manual and they can be lower or higher slightly for each device.
So, I will advice you not to load one S3 and one S1 in to a 750 Supply.
Most probably you may need to undervold and downclock your S1 in 2 months and that will make you run if S3 is not overclocked.
Better take a decision after you secure the S1 and S3 if you already bought the 750 Power Supply Unit.
Else buy a Dell Server PSU and mode it or buy an already moded server psu. Better stick to 1000W or above.
Und3rd0g

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:39:05 AM

No they wont, at current 504GH/s will only gross $11.01/day that's assuming zero power cost and zero pool fees! Net of course is substantially less than that.

I will semi-agree to disagree.  My calculations do not take into account power costs or pool fees (use http://eligius.st/ if worried about pool fees).  I am pretty confident that my math is on track my friend.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:53:50 AM

I will semi-agree to disagree.  My calculations do not take into account power costs or pool fees (use http://eligius.st/ if worried about pool fees).  I am pretty confident that my math is on track my friend.

Well you're wrong.

https://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

Your current earnings if you had an S3 hashing this very moment is $11.00 per day. And in 2 days it will be $8.80 less power cost. And that's assuming that your pool of choice has 100% luck and the price of BTC doesn't change.
Und3rd0g

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:08:36 AM

I will semi-agree to disagree.  My calculations do not take into account power costs or pool fees (use http://eligius.st/ if worried about pool fees).  I am pretty confident that my math is on track my friend.

Well you're wrong.

Your current earnings if you had an S3 hashing this very moment is $11.00 per day. And in 2 days it will be $8.80 less power cost. And that's assuming that your pool of choice has 100% luck and the price of BTC doesn't change.

My bad xstr8guy.   500 Ghs will get you $11/day today.  Assuming continued 25% increase that means $5.75/day in August.  Ugh.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:13:28 AM

Well you're wrong.

My bad xstr8guy.   500 Ghs will get you $11/day today.  Assuming continued 25% increase that means $5.75/day in August.  Ugh.

Yes, it's pretty damned dismal. I'm done buying any new miners unless there is some massive breakthrough in ASIC development. I'm just hashing with what I have and watching my earnings decline every adjustment. I couldn't add another watt to my circuits anyways. But I can't help but window-shop and wish.
cxboyminer

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:10:36 AM

360+390=750

You math is correct. But in practical case you need to allow some free room in between the power supply output and power consumption.
There 360 and 390 are rated power consumption from the manual and they can be lower or higher slightly for each device.
Most probably you may need to undervold and downclock your S1 in 2 months and that will make you run if S3 is not overclocked.
Better take a decision after you secure the S1 and S3 if you already bought the 750 Power Supply Unit.
Else buy a Dell Server PSU and mode it or buy an already moded server psu. Better stick to 1000W or above.

Cool! I got the cx750 for my s1 already. Probs under lock once I get my hands on an s3.

▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
ernie-

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 07:20:39 AM

360+390=750

Cool! I got the cx750 for my s1 already. Probs under lock once I get my hands on an s3.

Be very careful, it's not the total power consumption that's the issue, it's how much current each 12volt circuit can deliver. Read the numbers on the power supply and understand what each connector can actually safely supply, or you risk a meltdown.

allcoinminer

Merit: 504

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:15:56 AM

360+390=750

Be very careful, it's not the total power consumption that's the issue, it's how much current each 12volt circuit can deliver. Read the numbers on the power supply and understand what each connector can actually safely supply, or you risk a meltdown.

Here that will not be an issue. Corsair CX750 80Plus Bronz rated power supply gives above 85% efficiency above 50% load (230V AC).
For Both CX750 and CX 750M the single 12Volt rail supports upto 744W thats why I said to undevolt/underclock the S1 slightly to accommodate it.
S1 can be underclocked successfully till 160W to 166W as of now.
After that someone is trying to undervolt further to keep it running.
After S3 you will get 744 - 390 = 354W which can easily and safely accommodate and underclocked S1.

Ref: http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/download-files/manuals/corsair-psu-spec-table-091813.pdf
Always, make sure to check your Power Supply hardcopy Manual comes with PSU for 12V Rail Specification.
cxboyminer

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:35:13 AM

About underclocking, what is the lowest freq?

▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:49:07 AM

About underclocking, what is the lowest freq?

Who would know the answer to a question for a machine that doesn't exist yet?   Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: