Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:40:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 [276] 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 ... 385 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come  (Read 785444 times)
cestballot

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

Nexus pool : http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2016, 07:37:20 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2016, 10:05:24 AM by cestballot

http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/ News :
IP: 51.255.38.3 9549

We will stop this pool soon. Cry

After a lot of DDOs attack and multiple vector attack we found and solved some bug.
Viz fix it, big thanks Viz (we don't found any manipulation on pool balance)

Now Nexus will have a better Networks without windows Node Smiley (Windows server is just a joke, but I started my personnal node with it, 2 year ago)

2016-10-07 : IP: 51.255.38.3 9549 windows server pool will be definitively close

But we will be back with better linux pool soon Smiley

You can use paulsreen Pool. nexusminingpool.com 9549

Edit : I'll work with a new admin to create a new pool with my actual pool database.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 02:45:33 PM

Quick update everyone:

Nexus network was attacked recently which is why the wallets are down on Bittrex and Cryptopia.  If you are in our Slack group, you would know that Nexus team was successful in fending off this attack to the chain and prevented double spending.  We are working to bring exchange wallets back online.  These early attacks on the network are good for Nexus, as it strengthens the network and helps us close any attack vectors.  Nexus has been under heavy attack since the beginning, but it has escalated intensely over last few months.

Please check here to make sure you are on the correct block height: http://nexusoft.io/platform/

Using the Nexus-QT, go to Help --> Debug Console to see which block your wallet is on.

If your wallet forked off the main chain during the attack, you can fix this fairly easily.  

On Windows, make sure you can see Hidden Items (or Hidden Files/Folders) in your Windows Explorer

Then go to C: --> Users --> (PC Username) --> AppData --> Roaming --> Nexus

1.  Backup wallet.dat by copying it to another folder
2.  Backup any Nexus.conf files you have IF you are mining (you probably won't have any config files if you are not mining)
3.  Then Delete everything EXCEPT your wallet.dat and any config files
4.  Download the blockchain bootstrap here if you don't want to redownload the whole chain from peers: http://nexusminingpool.com/downloads/blockchain.rar
5.  Unpack the database files into the Nexus folder
6.  Now run the Nexus-QT.exe client again
7.  Wait for wallet to load (can take ~20 mins to load database)
8.  After that, go to Help --> Debug Window --> Console, and type: repairwallet
9.  You should see your correct balance once the next block propagates

If you need more assistance, our community can provide nearly 24 hour help in Slack: http://nexusearth.com:3000/

Onward, and forward.  There is a HUGE update coming soon from Colin with the new Lower Level Database (LLD) and some updates to Trust Key expiration as well.  Stay tuned for that update in next couple weeks.  We plan to have binaries for Windows, Mac, Linux on that next update as well.
Archru

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 06:35:35 PM

Quick update everyone:

Nexus network was attacked recently which is why the wallets are down on Bittrex and Cryptopia.  If you are in our Slack group, you would know that Nexus team was successful in fending off this attack to the chain and prevented double spending.  We are working to bring exchange wallets back online.  These early attacks on the network are good for Nexus, as it strengthens the network and helps us close any attack vectors.  Nexus has been under heavy attack since the beginning, but it has escalated intensely over last few months.

Please check here to make sure you are on the correct block height: http://nexusoft.io/platform/

Using the Nexus-QT, go to Help --> Debug Console to see which block your wallet is on.

If your wallet forked off the main chain during the attack, you can fix this fairly easily.  

On Windows, make sure you can see Hidden Items (or Hidden Files/Folders) in your Windows Explorer

2.  Backup any Nexus.conf files you have IF you are mining (you probably won't have any config files if you are not mining)
4.  Download the blockchain bootstrap here if you don't want to redownload the whole chain from peers: http://nexusminingpool.com/downloads/blockchain.rar

If you need more assistance, our community can provide nearly 24 hour help in Slack: http://nexusearth.com:3000/

Onward, and forward.  There is a HUGE update coming soon from Colin with the new Lower Level Database (LLD) and some updates to Trust Key expiration as well.  Stay tuned for that update in next couple weeks.  We plan to have binaries for Windows, Mac, Linux on that next update as well.

Why would NXS be frequently targeted when there are 50+ cryptocurrencies that are much more liquid?  What's in it for an attacker who can hardly convert $1,000 NXS per day into BTC?  Greatest respect to the NXS team, but frequent NXS unavailability is trying. 
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 08:33:05 PM

Why would NXS be frequently targeted when there are 50+ cryptocurrencies that are much more liquid?  

they not primary motivated by financial gains

its more that hackers are fascinated by a coin that have so much new codeparts

and nexus say thx to each attack

because the more tested the more nexus can prove its superior codebase

this last attack series did not create any damage beside some people need to resync chain

but it created valuable information about the many security features that did prove to well protect the coin

and also about a few codeparts that can be even more improved which will be part of next wallet releases

that nexus run superior key strengh is by far not the only advanced security technology included in nexus codebase

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Malooka
Copper Member

Activity: 289
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 08:49:44 PM

Down over 15%

It's looking like I invested 3 BTC in a real loser at this point.
merc84

Activity: 799

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:40:54 AM

Down over 15%

Nexus is definitely not a "loser" but if ur just around for quick short term gains this is probably the wrong project for you, its definitely a long term project.
paulthetafy

Activity: 820

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:52:03 AM

Down over 15%

You're basing the success of the project solely on the current price?  I think you should join slack (350 members now), view the developments happening on github, follow twitter, research into the future plans for this project.  Remember there has been no active marketing here yet, people are just working on the tech and building the industry relationships in preparation.  It is WAY under the radar of most of the crypto community right now, which is why the price is so volatile.  It is also cheap, the market cap it tiny.   If we can deliver on the promise to launch blockchain tech into space on cubesats (and bear in mind that the lead dev is the son of one of the pioneers of modern space technology, the co founder of Space-X, and now owner of Vector Space Systems), do you really think that this coin will not be a $100m+ market cap coin? 50-100x gains from here within 2-3 years seems a realistic projection.  So, as an investor of significantly more than 3 BTC, I am not phased in the slightest by the current lack of buy support or volatile price.  Use it to your advantage, buy more, lower your cost base.  
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 03:13:44 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2016, 03:25:49 AM by tokyopotato

Quick update everyone:

Why would NXS be frequently targeted when there are 50+ cryptocurrencies that are much more liquid?  What's in it for an attacker who can hardly convert $1,000 NXS per day into BTC?  Greatest respect to the NXS team, but frequent NXS unavailability is trying.  

This is actually easy to explain. Nexus is targeted because it is not a clone of other coins.  How many of those 50+ cryptocurrencies with higher market cap are developing innovation?  Very few.  They are just utilizing already tested code that is known to be relatively secure but highly limited in distributed functionality and lacks proper decentralized architecture.  Yes, there are some attack vectors that have been exploited in the pool miner and open-source codebase to DDOS the network and wreak havoc in one way or another, but the community and codebase has continued to be resilient and in fact becomes stronger with each additional attack.

The attack vectors will be closed and Nexus will be launched into space.  I don't give investment advice -- but would not advise giving up when we are nearing something very big.  Wink
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 03:55:24 AM

The attacks have been resolved and prevented in the future. Network is still under certain forms of attack but now resilient to these. Yes when you are innovating it takes groups of users such as this hacker group to exploit code for their own purpose, the only result is a stronger, more secure Nexus.

I'm currently getting in contact with Richie to get the bittrex wallet back online, the Nexus Network is safe, secure, and moving right along. Difficulty is moving up, market has bounced back from the recent large dump. It is amazing to see how quickly everyone works together when there is an issue, and how quickly the market recovers from large dumps. This has happened numerous times and the market always recovers very quickly.

I'm pleased to see such an amazing community of amazing people working on this project together, and am proud to be working side by side with them as it continues to grow.
The partnership with Vector to be on Galactic Sky is coming together very well, as one of the first use cases and currency tied together in a real world project besides some of my research and development in alternative energy systems such as hydrogen batteries, wireless power transmission, RF communication frequencies and coil configurations along with many others.

Everything is moving along exactly as it should, and getting stronger as a by product. The LLD fork is on github, reduces load time to less than a minute, and increases database stability, reduces required resources, and provides multiple increases in operations / second compared to other key/value database engines. Trust update being released very soon, ahead of schedule, but being a catalyst to a whole new set of features.

I'll provide more information in the coming days as to releases, tests, and a more concise feature roadmap.

As Always,
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
bittamak

Activity: 444

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 04:35:56 AM

It's always good to see Dev gets on to the top and fix the issues...one of the innovative coins out there...
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 06:48:44 AM

The attacks have been resolved and prevented in the future. Network is still under certain forms of attack but now resilient to these. Yes when you are innovating it takes groups of users such as this hacker group to exploit code for their own purpose, the only result is a stronger, more secure Nexus.

I'm currently getting in contact with Richie to get the bittrex wallet back online, the Nexus Network is safe, secure, and moving right along. Difficulty is moving up, market has bounced back from the recent large dump. It is amazing to see how quickly everyone works together when there is an issue, and how quickly the market recovers from large dumps. This has happened numerous times and the market always recovers very quickly.

I'm pleased to see such an amazing community of amazing people working on this project together, and am proud to be working side by side with them as it continues to grow.
The partnership with Vector to be on Galactic Sky is coming together very well, as one of the first use cases and currency tied together in a real world project besides some of my research and development in alternative energy systems such as hydrogen batteries, wireless power transmission, RF communication frequencies and coil configurations along with many others.

Everything is moving along exactly as it should, and getting stronger as a by product. The LLD fork is on github, reduces load time to less than a minute, and increases database stability, reduces required resources, and provides multiple increases in operations / second compared to other key/value database engines. Trust update being released very soon, ahead of schedule, but being a catalyst to a whole new set of features.

I'll provide more information in the coming days as to releases, tests, and a more concise feature roadmap.

As Always,
Viz.

Well considering Colin is making all this without any ICO it is tremendous progress.

The only last thing to make NXS perfect:
Vector IPO by burning half of the NXS supply  Wink
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 09:09:12 AM

let me translate:

Down over 15%

is:

i dumped 3 BTC value KR and want to buy back more of them cheaper
please guys dont make me regret my dump and not be able buy back cheaper than i sold

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
R4F

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 07:21:42 AM

Friends! Help! After the last attack on the network I have not loaded wallet. starts, and he just shuts down when loading the index blocks. What to do?

[Russian language]
Дpyзья! Пoмoгитe! Пocлe пocлeднeй aтaки нa ceть y мeня нe зaгpyжaeтcя кoшeлeк.  cтapтyeт, a пpи зaгpyзкe индeкca блoкoв oн пpocтo выключaeтcя.  Чтo дeлaть?
-Night-

Activity: 97
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 02:19:57 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2016, 02:32:28 PM by -Night-

Friends! Help! After the last attack on the network I have not loaded wallet. starts, and he just shuts down when loading the index blocks. What to do?

[Russian language]
Дpyзья! Пoмoгитe! Пocлe пocлeднeй aтaки нa ceть y мeня нe зaгpyжaeтcя кoшeлeк.  cтapтyeт, a пpи зaгpyзкe индeкca блoкoв oн пpocтo выключaeтcя.  Чтo дeлaть?

Make a backup of the wallet.dat and nexus.conf (if you have). Take away the purse. Take away all the contents of the nexus folder (path: C: -> Users -> (PC Username) -> AppData -> Roaming -> Nexus) Download new purse with the first topic of the page. Put it somewhere. Start. Give full synchronization. For convenience, you can slip http://nexusminingpool.com/downloads/blockchain.rar from 10.03.2016 (path: C: -> Users -> (PC Username) -> AppData -> Roaming -> Nexus), the then come out of the purse. Replace wallet.dat created on their own, which is backed up. Bring nexus.conf back (if you have). Start. Everything should work.

[Russian language]
Cдeлaй peзepвнyю кoпию фaйлa бyмaжникa wallet.dat и nexus.conf (ecли ecть). Удaли кoшeлeк. Удaли вce coдepжимoe пaпки nexus (пyть: C: --> Users --> (PC Username) --> AppData --> Roaming --> Nexus) Cкaчaй зaнoвo кoшeлeк c пepвoй cтpaницы тoпикa. Пoлoжи кyдa-нибyдь eгo. Зaпycти. Дaй пoлнocтью oтcинxpoнизиpoвaтьcя. Для yдoбcтвa мoжнo пoдcyнyть  http://nexusminingpool.com/downloads/blockchain.rar oт 03.10.2016 г. (path: C: -> Users -> (PC Username) -> AppData -> Roaming -> Nexus) Зaтeм выйди из кoшeлькa. Зaмeни coздaвшийcя wallet.dat нa cвoй, кoтopый peзepвиpoвaл. Bepни nexus.conf (ecли был) oбpaтнo. Зaпycти. Bce дoлжнo paбoтaть.
borris123

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 09:29:16 AM

why is it taking so long for poloniex to add nexus?
bittamak

Activity: 444

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 09:57:13 AM

why is it taking so long for poloniex to add nexus?

May be they are considering coins that are hyped too much ...if they give importance to the tech/innovation, nxs should have been added by now
Crypthos

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 01:49:38 PM

Been seeing for days the coin supply on coinmarketcap its stuck at 42,027,331 NXS,  on nexusoft.io is 42,733,678 NXS
phenotango

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 02:09:55 PM

[Russian language]
Дpyзья! Пoмoгитe! Пocлe пocлeднeй aтaки нa ceть y мeня нe зaгpyжaeтcя кoшeлeк.  cтapтyeт, a пpи зaгpyзкe индeкca блoкoв oн пpocтo выключaeтcя.  Чтo дeлaть?

Make a backup of the wallet.dat and nexus.conf (if you have). Take away the purse. Take away all the contents of the nexus folder (path: C: -> Users -> (PC Username) -> AppData -> Roaming -> Nexus) Download new purse with the first topic of the page. Put it somewhere. Start. Give full synchronization. For convenience, you can slip http://nexusminingpool.com/downloads/blockchain.rar from 10.03.2016 (path: C: -> Users -> (PC Username) -> AppData -> Roaming -> Nexus), the then come out of the purse. Replace wallet.dat created on their own, which is backed up. Bring nexus.conf back (if you have). Start. Everything should work.

[Russian language]
Cдeлaй peзepвнyю кoпию фaйлa бyмaжникa wallet.dat и nexus.conf (ecли ecть). Удaли кoшeлeк. Удaли вce coдepжимoe пaпки nexus (пyть: C: --> Users --> (PC Username) --> AppData --> Roaming --> Nexus) Cкaчaй зaнoвo кoшeлeк c пepвoй cтpaницы тoпикa. Пoлoжи кyдa-нибyдь eгo. Зaпycти. Дaй пoлнocтью oтcинxpoнизиpoвaтьcя. Для yдoбcтвa мoжнo пoдcyнyть  http://nexusminingpool.com/downloads/blockchain.rar oт 03.10.2016 г. (path: C: -> Users -> (PC Username) -> AppData -> Roaming -> Nexus) Зaтeм выйди из кoшeлькa. Зaмeни coздaвшийcя wallet.dat нa cвoй, кoтopый peзepвиpoвaл. Bepни nexus.conf (ecли был) oбpaтнo. Зaпycти. Bce дoлжнo paбoтaть.

Do the same rules apply for linux or ubuntu users? I am having the same problem.
pdogg147

Activity: 339
Merit: 266

Advancing Liberty Through Blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 07:14:43 PM

Been seeing for days the coin supply on coinmarketcap its stuck at 42,027,331 NXS,  on nexusoft.io is 42,733,678 NXS

Thanks, I will check on this and see what is going on.

pdogg147

Activity: 339
Merit: 266

Advancing Liberty Through Blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 08:32:28 PM

Thanks, I will check on this and see what is going on.

It is correct now Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 [276] 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 ... 385 »
  Print  

Jump to: