Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:18:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmark  (Read 622158 times)
melvster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 10:13:43 PM

We would like to officially announce a new project in development for Bitmark (BTM - a blockchain that allows website users to send reputation points to other users). As a broad team of new developers, we see the enduring potential of BTM once implemented within features that a website or service provides (e.g., Reputation 'marks' prevail such at Poloniex regardless of trading volume). This unique aspect of Bitmark seems to lend security to itself once implemented within a community. Therefore we have decided to adopt the project and develop improvements, essential services and ultimately begin working to assist other reputable community-based websites in order to implement an economic reputation feature.

We look forward to a successful venture together and will be launching the official thread shortly outlining projects and improvements which are due moving forward.

With 2015 being called a record breaking year for social media sites, we see a strong opportunity to enhance an Internet in which community-based websites are so rapidly emerging.
The future of the web truly will seem to be social in nature.
We encourage you to watch as we take this vision forward and move Bitmark into the spotlight its timing so truly deserves.

TeamBTM

scam alert

shock horror, an anonymous dev, with account created today -- I wonder who it could be ...  Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
melvster

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:09:24 PM

so a little update

I have no idea who teamBTM is, but they have not contacted the community either the devs or medic the PM, thanks for your 'interest' tho Cheesy

Regarding Nathan / coinsolidation.  We've been unable to contact him.  He has stolen money from the foundation and many community members (including me) and developer loans.  I insist that every person that has lost money on him on this project is made whole and things attempted to be put right.  The sooner the better.  I dont know the details of the civil complain filed mentioned earlier in the thread, but a body of evidence is being gathered for a larger civil plus criminal investigation.  It will be open and transparent, everyone that was wronged is invited to take part.

Regarding development I've removed nathan from now as the lead developer but there is always a path to come back.  The community will determine this. 

I've restored my status from member to owner.  I was made owner a year ago, but did not have time to commit to btm development.  I have a bit more time now having done a lot of work on the API side.  We'd like more developers.

Enough with the negativity.  Some positives. 

* Bitmark price has stayed up rather well despite no development.

* The coin did not die a mining death as some predicted, mining has been rather healthy.

* The coin still has a relatively pure bitcoin implementation which insulates it from any controversial decisions made by the bitcoin core team.  The coin had no premine, and so everyone has had a chance to get in cheap.  There can be no resentment towards the coin, the algo or the parameters -- these remain the best selling point of btm

* Marking is still going strong in poloniex after one year.  This shows that once marking is introduced, people like it.  That's a great data point.

It would be great to see marking used in new scenarios.

As for me Ive been working on a multi database marking API which is 100% decentralized and im pretty happy with.  You could call it alpha stage, so ill be testing it out, firstly on klaranet.

I've also been mocking up a decentralized social network which ill add marking to, based on the Solid standard.  I'll let you know when it's live, but for now, here's a screenshot Smiley

monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 12:12:07 AM

We would like to officially announce a new project in development for Bitmark (BTM - a blockchain that allows website users to send reputation points to other users). As a broad team of new developers, we see the enduring potential of BTM once implemented within features that a website or service provides (e.g., Reputation 'marks' prevail such at Poloniex regardless of trading volume). This unique aspect of Bitmark seems to lend security to itself once implemented within a community. Therefore we have decided to adopt the project and develop improvements, essential services and ultimately begin working to assist other reputable community-based websites in order to implement an economic reputation feature.

We look forward to a successful venture together and will be launching the official thread shortly outlining projects and improvements which are due moving forward.

With 2015 being called a record breaking year for social media sites, we see a strong opportunity to enhance an Internet in which community-based websites are so rapidly emerging.
The future of the web truly will seem to be social in nature.
We encourage you to watch as we take this vision forward and move Bitmark into the spotlight its timing so truly deserves.

TeamBTM

scam alert

shock horror, an anonymous dev, with account created today -- I wonder who it could be ...  Shocked

Just another typical day in crypto land  Grin

Moving on.. do you know of a working block explorer, and a site that shows difficulty etc stats? (Many of the links on the front page are dead). 

Oh, and thanks for the (real) update.
TeamBTM

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 12:29:16 AM

scam alert

shock horror, an anonymous dev, with account created today -- I wonder who it could be ...  Shocked

We've sent you a PM Melvster. Only positive intentions from us as we have not seen your account activity since April 2015. We were under the impression there was no developer involved, no website, block explorer and stalled transactions. Let's discuss and perhaps work together on these matters. We are very excited to work with the Bitmark community.

TeamBTM
melvster

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 01:47:54 AM

Just another typical day in crypto land  Grin

Moving on.. do you know of a working block explorer, and a site that shows difficulty etc stats? (Many of the links on the front page are dead). 

dbkeys mentioned this one: http://seed.zmark.org:3000/blocks
melvster

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 01:54:51 AM

scam alert

shock horror, an anonymous dev, with account created today -- I wonder who it could be ...  Shocked

We've sent you a PM Melvster. Only positive intentions from us as we have not seen your account activity since April 2015. We were under the impression there was no developer involved, no website, block explorer and stalled transactions. Let's discuss and perhaps work together on these matters. We are very excited to work with the Bitmark community.

TeamBTM

Our community has not had optimal experiences with private communications.  If your intentions are good, please engage in public, and the community will judge.  Be warned, we've been burnt before by anonymous devs, so expect some skepticism.
loutchano

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 01:56:13 AM

New Pool Bitmark

http://mineblocks.no-ip.org:2627/pool/BTM/

Configure your miners

stratum+tcp://mineblocks.no-ip.org:3404 -u YOUR WALLET -p x

Happy mining !!

YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 04:16:22 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2016, 04:50:31 AM by YoyodyneSystems

First and foremost (and I have repeated this already) = The original dev is NOT part of this coin anymore and is NOT invited back in any way so let's move on from that please. The guy is long gone and he cannot ever be trusted again anyways.

I would ask that if someone is to start a new thread that it be one of the people that is trusted and been with Bitmark since the early days. I am all for new blood working with the existing community but a new bitcointalk account trying to take over BTM with a new thread under that new account is totally out of the question. That person could be literally anyone. No offense.

So let's discuss who is the best person to create a new thread to start with.
And please don't make the thread until we agree because it's a pain in the ass for searchers looking for BTM.

New github
New Explorer
New Thread
New Site
New Domain

etc...

There is also a slack channel for the devs that are already working on new ideas. I will stop in there shortly.
tdokta

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 07:28:53 AM

First and foremost (and I have repeated this already) = The original dev is NOT part of this coin anymore and is NOT invited back in any way so let's move on from that please. The guy is long gone and he cannot ever be trusted again anyways.

I would ask that if someone is to start a new thread that it be one of the people that is trusted and been with Bitmark since the early days. I am all for new blood working with the existing community but a new bitcointalk account trying to take over BTM with a new thread under that new account is totally out of the question. That person could be literally anyone. No offense.

So let's discuss who is the best person to create a new thread to start with.
And please don't make the thread until we agree because it's a pain in the ass for searchers looking for BTM.

New github
New Explorer
New Thread
New Site
New Domain

etc...

There is also a slack channel for the devs that are already working on new ideas. I will stop in there shortly.

agreed, those still developing BTM, such as Melvster, DBKeys, or others in the slack group that are doing stuff should be able to maintain and update the BCT thread for BTM. any new thread needs to be started by someone we know is not a scammer nor is anonymous.
tdokta

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 07:30:20 AM

scam alert

TeamBTM

Our community has not had optimal experiences with private communications.  If your intentions are good, please engage in public, and the community will judge.  Be warned, we've been burnt before by anonymous devs, so expect some skepticism.

areed, who is this TeamBTM, are "they" known?
tdokta

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 07:32:32 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2016, 08:22:02 AM by tdokta

scam alert

TeamBTM

interested to know where the  impression of no developer comes from as community members are developers and others have hired developers to do work for BTM. just because there is no update in bct, doesn;t mean there isn't anything going on.

thanks Melvster for the update about the soild social implementation
melvster

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 10:35:57 AM

New github
New Explorer
New Thread
New Site
New Domain

etc...

Medic and I are in control of the github repo, not an issue there.

We need a new explorer, the zmark one is working, there's others I think, we should make a list.

New site -- we never had an old site -- someone volunteered to make one, but nathan shot it down saying he had something better.  Turned out to be untruthful.  So we've actually never had a site, that has hurt us.  If you'd like to make a site, talk to medic or amarha.

New Thread, ill leave this to medic (PM) and amarha (community manager) since we cant update OP it could be useful, but there's a lot of info here.
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 11:37:59 AM

New github
New Explorer
New Thread
New Site
New Domain

etc...

Medic and I are in control of the github repo, not an issue there.

We need a new explorer, the zmark one is working, there's others I think, we should make a list.

New site -- we never had an old site -- someone volunteered to make one, but nathan shot it down saying he had something better.  Turned out to be untruthful.  So we've actually never had a site, that has hurt us.  If you'd like to make a site, talk to medic or amarha.

New Thread, ill leave this to medic (PM) and amarha (community manager) since we cant update OP it could be useful, but there's a lot of info here.

Sounds good so far then Smiley

I do think a new thread would be wise as not being able to update the OP in this one is a problem. Not to mention that making it clear there are new devs, and a new life for the coin, is important. Maybe amarha can start the new one? And a link to this old one can be posted in the OP of the new one to reference old material.
TeamBTM

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:05:13 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2016, 06:16:58 PM by TeamBTM

Great to see there is some activity here and devs on Slack.
If it would be of help, perhaps the community can agree of some projects that need attention (as suggested by YoyodyneSystems) and we could possibly assist there.
If we develop a project, it could then be submitted to the lead devs.
We are not looking for credit or ownership; the Bitmark community is in our best interest.
We might also suggest either starting a new thread or obtaining the credentials for main OP account.

Also, if anyone has contact info for medic (PM) and amarha (community manager), we would like to begin communication in order to proceed with some projects.

TeamBTM
TeamBTM

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 03:13:45 AM

Great to see there is some activity here and devs on Slack.
If it would be of help, perhaps the community can agree of some projects that need attention (as suggested by YoyodyneSystems) and we could possibly assist there.
If we develop a project, it could then be submitted to the lead devs.
We are not looking for credit or ownership; the Bitmark community is in our best interest.
We might also suggest either starting a new thread or obtaining the credentials for main OP account.

Also, if anyone has contact info for medic (PM) and amarha (community manager), we would like to begin communication in order to proceed with some projects.

TeamBTM

We are likely going to start a new thread very shortly that will be the new official thread and it would be created by one of the trusted BTM community members. Then any project you work on or would like to discuss could be posted there. Until that thread is made -- this thread remains the main thread.

You should come to slack for active discussion.

This forum is probably best for updates and some discussion but I think slack is where the work gets done.
I will be in slack again tonight.

Sounds good.. will do!
melvster

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 06:23:47 AM

generally the feeling is that community integrations have worked well ... we have a few, but would like more

how can this be achieved?

looking at the stats, for every 40-60 people that show interest in the project, one goes away and does a community integration, and maybe 2 or 3 get close

so to get more integrations, we need

- more people interested in the project, so some will integrate marking.  Note as marking spreads more people organically find out about it

- technology make integration easier so that number drops from 1 in 50 to lower, maybe 1 in 40 would be a good next metric, and perhaps eventually 1 in 10

- repeat integrations -- the first is the hardest, but once you've done one, it's possible to do more with a lower learning curve, you could imagine say half a dozen a year

at some point it becomes like a snowball effect where new people find out about the project constantly and help with all of the above

until then, baby steps

getting the next integration would be a great milestone ...

dannygroove

Activity: 306

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 05:10:35 PM

Please invite the following to slack..
team.bitmark@gmail.com
zooloo@dr.com

Invited.
melvster

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 05:23:03 AM

Some comments from slack to explain our strategy:

The project is not abandoned.  The founder Nathan Rixham aka consolidation aka @markpfennig was funded to work on the project for one year.  He then took all the source code and broke of contact, leaving many people including the foundation with lost funds, loans and other broken promises.  We are perusing this to try and recover the code.  It might go to legal action which could take years, but we are resolved to follow through to make sure those that were scammed are made whole.

As far as the crypto currency goes, it does what we need, we are not a crypto currency oriented project.  We are a mass market oriented project which is get a large user base using marking in daily use.

We operate as a global team transparently, with this being our main communication and decision making area.  In truth there's not much to decide.  The strategy has always been constant, to grow the user base and to grow marking, leading to a successful product.

We operate on a consensus basis, we dont vote, unless something is clear and unanimous.  I suppose our only requirement is to prevent a hard fork, which isnt on our radar at the moment.

hope that helps!

to break it down a bit further, by my calculations for member of the bitmark user base puts about 1-3 satoshis on the coin, our main user base right now is poloniex, but super net have said they want to implement too ... theres a few others interested in marking based projects, one nice thing is that if any one marking project goes viral the whole of bitmark goes viral

my guess is that poloniex has a user base around 10k and growing

if we get to 1 million users we may be able to play in the same league as litecoin

but i would say a more realistic goal is to try and get to a broad user base of around 25,000

which hopefully through poloniex and other efforts isnt out of the question

that will hopefully be a spring board to hit 100k users which I think would then start to create a virtuous circle of growth
dbkeys

Activity: 484
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:55:09 AM

Just to clarify, the code for Bitmark is available as open-source on github:
https://github.com/project-bitmark/bitmark

DNS Seeder / Node Trackers
Megaquake

Activity: 630
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 08:53:22 AM

Wallet 0.9.4 will not sync

my node list
addnode=73.192.30.99:9265
addnode=107.170.46.136:9265
addnode=54.186.33.252:9265
addnode=167.88.35.8:59640
addnode=188.1.220.4.41:56207
addnode=24.78.238.136:43850
addnode=144.76.64.123:38206
addnode=174.36.9.130:50271
addnode=188.226.243.53:9265
addnode=192.241.159.120:59906
addnode=64.223.117.245:51505
addnode=203.86.203.232:51495
addnode=101.78.164.114:50413
addnode=83.11.0.245:62265
addnode=84.189.0.141:33301
addnode=71.236.56.171:59338
addnode=101.78.164.114:57899
addnode=66.45.248.25:53361
addnode=60.7.113.29:65159
addnode=98.165.210.129:56906
addnode=120.34.97.168:7206
addnode=70.187.163.212:54629

any ideas or nodes to replace these?

Mines at Kano.is best profit in the world!

在Kano.is的BTC
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: