Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:07:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CannabisCoin [CANN][X11][Official] Unmoderated General Discussions.  (Read 492707 times)
Capt Drake

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:13:36 PM

Lol, the orderbook is filled with 420 orders  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
phx710

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:15:58 PM

Serious post. Did anyone notice the wallet automatically calculates USD value of your coins. Can we assume this is so you can buy any strain at the place. I think he said this?
BitcoinBoost

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:17:42 PM

Let's all remember.. winning Internet forum battles are important, not reaching out to potential investors. Oh wait. Smiley I'm an roi whore sometimes, hopefully you won't love me any less.

How are the media contacts coming along?

uleoja

Activity: 50

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:21:27 PM

https://i.imgur.com/On3XlLJ.png
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:22:53 PM

Serious post. Did anyone notice the wallet automatically calculates USD value of your coins. Can we assume this is so you can buy any strain at the place. I think he said this?

Which wallet? Mine doesn't, I hope I don't have an outdated version  Embarrassed windows 0.8.6.2 beta

phx710

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:24:24 PM

Which wallet? Mine doesn't, I hope I don't have an outdated version  Embarrassed windows 0.8.6.2 beta

Sorry on my HTC Android.
az420

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:24:33 PM

This fellow has a valid point: just because someone isn't blowing smoke up your arse doesn't mean it is FUD.

Also, here's something from the Arizona government website about medical marajuana:

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/36/02806-02.htm&Title=36&DocType=ARS The key bit is:
The amount to be dispensed would not cause the registered qualifying patient to exceed the limit on obtaining no more than two-and-one-half ounces of marijuana during any fourteen-day period.

With such small amounts over so much time are there enough buyers to hold up the market for the coin? Remember, to buy marajuana in Arizona you need a special card from the state.  

There are 50,000 people with this card in Arizona, 35% actually buy pot at dispensaries and how many of that lot will both a) be into crypto and b) buy their pot at Herbal Wellness? And if it is true the dispensaries compete why would others take the Herbal Wellness Cannabis coin?

Just some real questions here rather than rockets and moons and such.  I think this is a capital idea and have a plan to invest but it is getting to the point where a significant investment takes more than fun money ...

You aren't allowed to be a voice of reason here . You aren't allowed to tell people the reality of things so they don't get robbed of their hard earned crypto. TO THE MOON OR GTFO!!!!

I don't understand the point of coming here and tell us the reality of things from your perspective when we all are grown ups here.

Why didn't you try to do this when CANN was at 1k?

I smell a FUDDER.

1) After reading this forum discussion, I realized that many of you who are investing in or mining Cannabis Coin were not aware of the dynamics of the Arizona Medical Marijuana Industry. DeltaNine is painting a different picture in an effort to create excitement for his Cannabis Coin. Many of you seem to be from different countries, and as such are even more out of the loop. It seems that most of you love marijuana like I do, but just aren't aware of the REAL situation going on in Arizona. I wanted to let you all know the truth. I completely understand that I'm telling you something that you don't want to hear, and it makes me sad that I have to be that guy. But let's be real. Every point that I made was factual, done specifically to any avoid dispute. I intentionally left "my perspective" out of it.

2) I actually JUST found this forum the other day by way of a Press Release that was issued to the Arizona Medical Marijuana Community. The link to this forum, as well as their youtube account, is all on the cannabiscoin.net website. That's where I got all my information.

I stated this before, but let me say it one more time for good measure. I am NOT a crypto-currency aficionado. I do not own Bitcoins, nor do I own any form of crypto-currency. I do know a guy who mines Bitcoins, and that is literally the extent of my knowledge and involvement with crypto-currency.  I AM however an Arizona medical marijuana patient/grower who has worked in the medical marijuana industry in California since 2005, and Arizona since 2009. I AM an advocate for medical marijuana patients in Arizona, and I'm a member of my local NORML chapter. If you think I'm a FUDDER, your giving me too much credit. I'm an extremely intelligent marijuana smoker who fights for whats best for patients. I just call it how I see it, and if you see it differently, then lets have an intelligent conversation about it.

Thanks and lots of love to all!
flapman1

Activity: 142

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:24:47 PM

Yep, that was me on LCTD, FUDing my heart out.  Personal thing that was ... they insulted a lady friend of mine.  Their bloody price just doesn't recover, does it? Brought it on themselves.

Not FUDDing here m8.  You don't want us in here locked and loaded.  Bitcointalk is set so that a well done FUD can kill a coin dead in one or two posts. Easy as pie.

Quite the contrary, Cannabiscoin looks to be the real thing but there's a few bits that need to add up.  

1.) Is the coin just to work in one dispensary and is that a major chain?  Dev claims it to be the McDonalds of Pot, others say different.

2.) I just can't see how the market will hold the coin at the $1.00 + value with so few who will use it.  Despite the enthusiasm here most of you lot aren't even in Arizona and it would cost you more to get there and buy at even under a dollar than it would to buy at home (airfare, hotels, meals, gas, all that is an expense).  Of the 35% of the 50,000 card holders in Arizona, how many even know what crypto is and if they do will they be buying. Even if Herbal Wellness has stores in other states all the ones with legal pot have rules that limit to the sale of it.

If you were to say you had venture capital, deals with other dispensaries, vast fields of pot then so much the better.  Can one even do business deals with dispensaries? Those are supposed to be non-profit, aren't they?

These are real questions.  To the people with the spaceships, moons, happy talk and all the rest the market doesn't doesn't give a crap about all that.  If the idea is good and there's a long term profit whales are in for it, if not they dump.

And how does Arizona law work with this, as medical pot sales are non-profit but there will be great loads of people making quite a profit from it (albeit indirectly) next week? Medical pot is still very illegal per Federal Law in the US; Obama couldn't care and thinks pot should be legal but if there's a big stir and the news is full of kids in Lambos he'd have to do something.

He ist just fudding. Dont u think its strange he comes up with that shit today?

And take a look at flapmans posts in this forum. He is fuding so much coins. I noticed that on LTCD too.

Ignore this 2 guys and dont quote their posts. Its not worth it.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:25:06 PM

Grin

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:25:41 PM

Sorry on my HTC Android.

Ahh okay, but I did just notice current version is 0.8.6.3, so I'm out of date apparently. Can I still send coins from the old wallet? Do I just download the new wallet then send the coins from my old one to the new one?

RockHound

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:26:10 PM

First of all, THANK YOU to the Cannabis Coin team!

Please let me preface my comment by saying that I'm a seriously ill medical marijuana patient who is intrigued by the overall potential good that the Cannabis Coin can represent, but I am NOT super knowledgeable when it comes to crypto-currency in general. My specialty is Medical Marijuana.

With that being said....

Cannabis Coins sound like a really cool idea in theory, but at the moment it's seems like nothing more than a glorified sales promotion from a medical marijuana dispensary... Unless I'm completely mistaken.. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Based on what I've read and seen, I've concluded that;

1) DeltaNine is the founder/creator of Cannabis Coin.

2) "Cannabis Coin" has a Youtube video entitled "Phoenix Facility 10/10" (video taken by DeltaNine) of a Medical Marijuana Dispensary Cultivation Facility that has yet to be inspected (presumably, Herbal Wellness Center in Phoenix)

3) "Herbal Wellness Center" appears to be the ONLY dispensary in the United States that accepts Cannabis Coin for payment of medical marijuana.

4) The fact that DeltaNine had access to the Herbal Wellness Center's Cultivation Facility prior to it being inspected by AZDHS, combined with the fact that "Herbal Wellness Center" is the ONLY dispensary in the United States to accept Cannabis Coin, strongly suggests that DeltaNine is either a part owner of "Herbal Wellness Center" or at least has an existing business relationship with it's registered owner, Long Nguyen. (Arizona law requires that the address of a Licensed Medical Marijuana Cultivation Facility may not be released to the public, and so DeltaNine simply could not have had access to film this Cultivation Facility on 10/10 unless he was an employee of the dispensary or at least personal friends with the owner.)

5) If I mine or buy any Cannabis Coin, I can only spend them at one dispensary, which appears to be owned by or directly associated with the very same people who made the Cannabis Coin.

In a nutshell, this is a really cool idea but it just doesn't seem legitimate until a majority of the dispensaries are willing to accept the Cannabis Coin as payment for medicine. Until that time, it appears to be just a clever promotion by a dispensary to generate revenue.

With all that being said, I would say that the POTENTIAL for the Cannabis Coin is enormous! If more and more dispensaries decide to accept Cannabis Coin, this will become a legitimate option for patients.

No disrespect intended to anyone and lots of love to you all!

1) True!

2) That facility passed state inspection! Smiley

3) HWC is the first. Other dispenseries will follow suit.

4) I believe that was the CANNdy facility, not the HWC facility.

5) see my answer on 3.

HWC is just the first dispensery.
No need to doubt D9. He knows what he's doing!
CANN will expand to more dispenseries. HWC is only the beginning!

Kind Sir,

Shame on you for implying that I'm a "hater" for simply speaking up about what I observed. I spoke nothing but the truth, including when I said that Cannabis Coin does have the potential to become legitimate in the future, but only if it becomes universally accepted by a MAJORITY of dispensaries.

First of all, Arizona DHS regulations only allow an entity/person to receive a Medical Marijuana Dispensary License. Unlike other states, Arizona does NOT distribute separate licenses for dispensaries, cultivation facilities, and infusion facilities. A Licensed Dispensary MAY choose to open 1 addition Cultivation/Infusion Facility, but it is done so under the umbrella of the same Dispensary License.

So to say that the "Phoenix Facility" is actually the "CANNdy Facility" and NOT Herbal Wellness Center's Cultivation/Infusion Facility, would suggest that DeltaNine has a 2nd dispensary license of his own that is separate from that of the Herbal Wellness Center. However, that would first raise the question of "If he has a dispensary license of his own, why would HIS dispensary not accept the Cannabis Coin as well?" And of course the entire notion would be disputed by numerous facts including the pictures that DeltaNine has posted of himself in the dispensary, wearing HWC clothing, his speaking of the quality of the cultivation facility, etc.

My overall points are really super simple and quite factual;

DeltaNine, who created the Cannabis Coin, clearly owns the Herbal Wellness Center.

The Herbal Wellness Center is currently the ONLY dispensary in the United States to accept the Cannabis Coin.

Those 2 facts led me to the logical conclusion that the Cannabis Coin is essentially a gift card that fluctuates in value, as opposed to a form of universally accepted currency that has developed enough legitimacy to justify asking ALL seriously ill medical marijuana patients to convert to it. Rather, this seems like a cool idea for the patients who ALREADY shop at the Herbal Wellness Center and/or any participating dispensaries and anyone who wants to mine coins and/or purchase them as an investment opportunity.

My other point is simply that the other dispensaries in Arizona are going to be VERY reluctant to accept the Cannabis Coin because the creator of the Cannabis Coin owns a competing dispensary and the medical marijuana industry of Arizona is like a huge SOAP OPERA. We can't even get competing dispensaries to sell marijuana to EACH OTHER, how are we going to get them all to accept a form of currency that is owned by a competing dispensary???

For example only;

If "Bloom Dispensary" (another dispensary in Phoenix) decides to accept Cannabis Coin, and then Bloom has a falling-out with the Herbal Wellness Center and later decides to NOT accept Cannabis Coin, all of Bloom's customers will then be stuck with Cannabis Coin that they can't use at Bloom, but can only use at Herbal Wellness Center. Bloom really can't just assume that patients will know how to go online and convert their leftover CANN to BTC or USD, so Bloom will fear that their customers will all then go to the Herbal Wellness Center to spend their remaining Cannabis Coin instead. This is probably reason #1 why other dispensaries will be reluctant to accept Cannabis Coin. The hatred amongst the different dispensary owners is reason #2.

In your previous post, Normaldoyle, you said that your "Pretty sure CANN acceptance will hit Colorado and Washington in the future." You being "Pretty sure" is my point precisely. You and I have to wait and hope that other dispensaries decide to accept this form of currency for it to become legitimate. In the meantime, right now, in the real world that we're actually living in at this exact moment, there is only ONE dispensary that accepts Cannabis Coin, and that dispensary is owned by the creator of the Cannabis Coin.

Until a majority of dispensaries accept Cannabis Coin, we can't justify asking seriously ill people to convert to this form of currency. That would NOT in the best interest of seriously ill patients.

Thanks and lots of love to all!

Just read your post, so thought I'd do a bit of investigating.

So I just called the Herbal Wellness Center and spoke to a nice chap named Long, he is the Operations Manager and confirmed that D9 has no corporate affiliation with their company whatsoever - The Herbal Wellness Center are just supporting and giving back to the community by acting as a platform to test out the CANN business model.

D9 does not own this dispensary he is just a licensed cultivator/supplier.

Secondly, I think it unfair that anyone is to be labelled "FUDSTER" or alike : )   Your questions/concerns are warranted, because like most of us, we had the same questions a week-month ago too.

I think this project has enormous potential and if it were mine, i would have gone about it the same way D9 and team are doing. i.e:

-Reaching out the reputable Dispensaries

-Testing out implementation / POS system / Promotion via a generous exchange ratio (In time, I feel this can be amended, by community consensus)

Virtuoso
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:27:17 PM

4) The fact that DeltaNine had access to the Herbal Wellness Center's Cultivation Facility prior to it being inspected by AZDHS, combined with the fact that "Herbal Wellness Center" is the ONLY dispensary in the United States to accept Cannabis Coin, strongly suggests that DeltaNine is either a part owner of "Herbal Wellness Center" or at least has an existing business relationship with it's registered owner, Long Nguyen.

I like how you've gone from "strongly suggests" D9 is a part owner of HWC, or has an existing business relationship with the owner (no kidding, Sherlock?) to stating definitively that he's the own of HWC.

In just a day you've made that shift.

Yep.  You're a man with an agenda.

Do you work for a competing dispensary and you're trying to hurt HWC?

You are so right... FUDDER what else... he is sad because he was to late.... maybe someone can give him a choclate ice....
WarrEagle

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:27:31 PM

Two quick things

1. If I owned a competing dispensary, I would be buying coins and planning on selling laminated reloadable wallets and taking part in the movement. This coin could unite the competition in dispensaries.

2. AZ recognizes other states MMJ cards correct? that means that any of us from the other 23 states that have MMJ programs can travel to AZ and also get in on this deal.

Market cap is a stretch. But so many other coins have hit $5 and $10 a coin without a single defined purpose other than anonymous sending. Why would this coin be unable to achieve that value? Market cap alone? Please, Litecoin did it on just plain hype. Give it a rest. We won't buy that crap you keep shoveling in here.

DELETED
Bitcycle

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:27:48 PM

I AM however an Arizona medical marijuana patient/grower who has worked in the medical marijuana industry in California since 2005, and Arizona since 2009.

So you're a competitor to HWC.

Got it.  Noted. Exactly as suspected.
M1SHO

Activity: 258

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:28:52 PM

@az420 - good try manipulating the text :    3) The United States government recently changed certain regulations to categorize Bitcoins and other forms of digital currency as a form of legally recognized currency in the United States that IS subject to US forfeiture and money laundering laws.

The proper one must be :  

In some environments, virtual currency operates like “real” currency -- i.e., the coin and paper money of the United States or of any other country that is designated as legal tender, circulates, and is customarily used and accepted as a medium of exchange in the country of issuance -- but it does not have legal tender status in any jurisdiction.

The notice provides that virtual currency is treated as property for U.S. federal tax purposes.  General tax principles that apply to property transactions apply to transactions using virtual currency

Grin

source : http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Virtual-Currency-Guidance

The World's First Gold-Backed Crypto Currency INNcoin - http://4thjulycoin.com/
zyronx
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:30:44 PM

its because cryptsy was down. the wallet grabs the price from there. they are still having issues there sending info to
all android apps. bitcoinchecker is not picking them up yet either.

CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:30:53 PM

Oh boy!

Ok Fuddsters, we get your points as they have been quoted multiple times. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and now please take you low activity accounts that you obviously only use to fud and move on. We appreciate your efforts as it has slowed the rise and allowed us to continue to expand our position.
I hear CCN is having a good couple days, please head over there so we can all buy cheap CCN as well.

To those excited about CANN: There is no need to feed these trolls. If they post something you disagree with 1 rebuttal post is enough then push the ignore button, it does wonders for your blood pressure. I, like you, think that CANN has a long way to go and although I bought my first bag @ 300sat I am still buying at every stop. 50k is not unrealistic but there is a good chance we are headed into the 6 digits.
Keep your cool, everything is going to be fine.

To everybody else/curious investors: Read the thread from the beginning before the pictures of rocket ships & obvious fud. It's a long read but by the end you will know whether you want to invest your BTC instead of relying on the last 10 pages or whatever you reading threshold has been thus far.

and of course, Happy trading Smiley
monkeydong1

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:33:57 PM

I wonder how much cann coin is gonna go down today  Roll Eyes.

Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:34:42 PM

Just read your post, so thought I'd do a bit of investigating.

So I just called the Herbal Wellness Center and spoke to a nice chap named Long, he is the Operations Manager and confirmed that D9 has no corporate affiliation with their company whatsoever - The Herbal Wellness Center are just supporting and giving back to the community by acting as a platform to test out the CANN business model.

D9 does not own this dispensary he is just a licensed cultivator/supplier.

Please note that if anyone repeats the claim that D9 owns HWC, they are now repeating something known to be factually untrue.
KryptoUffe

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:36:37 PM

Had to register to get this one out.

Im quite sure our community is ok with dumb questions and critics. (but) There is those who say that this coin is shit because we cant prove 105 tons
or its only 1 dispensary and bla bla and cant succeed etc.

good points IF we were VALUED in dollars but after huge rise we are still in CENTS.

some things to consider:

anyone who followed this for atleast few weeks or willing to study CANN believe Deltanine and rest of team is working
hard and is capable! We have good odds at rapidly expanding.

Those who Value Cannabis and can easily see where this is going if you are only for the monees might not be that simple

First coin i have more than 2 friends invested in so thanks for those who dumped 15k to 7 k
if u didnt my friends who love it for the ideology couldnt get in under 4 cents

Prize is still stupidly low for this 1 off a kind coin,
420 and crypto history in making right here !

Pages: « 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: