Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:46:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Swarm Fund 1.0 - [OFFLINE THREAD]  (Read 139875 times)
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1432

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:13:49 AM

Haven't really read up on swarm...  But I'm curious... What if I have a project/idea, how can i get funding via swarm?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:17:45 AM

I guess my key question is:
Is what Swarm gets tied to what the Swarm campaign generates in terms of funding? There don't seem to be any links anywhere specifying the terms.

As I said before, the details will be made clear way before the new projects start their funding. But to already give a little answer to your question, SWARM is way cheaper than
let's say kickstarter and others taking between 5% and 10% of the crowdfunded money. SWARM's also kinda different to them. SWARM supports the new projects with time, legal advice etc.
It's quite thinkable that Swarmcoin holders get a fee in coins for the new projects. Counterparty provides the possibility to pay out coins (like BTC) as a sort of "dividend". And because
SWARM is holding coins themselves, the answer to your question would be yes, it should be a win-win situation where everyone involved shares risk and (hopefully) some profit.

zeeman

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:21:00 AM

Haven't really read up on swarm...  But I'm curious... What if I have a project/idea, how can i get funding via swarm?

Great to hear you are interested in the project. Here's a link if you want to apply for being reviewed for funding. This round 5 new projects will
get funding.

http://swarm.force.com/

Take a close read here as well for some more info about where SWARM is standing at this moment:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113541/swarms-accepting-submissions-for-second-class-investments-and-announces-legal-framework-for-dcos

Feel free to ask any questions....

zeeman

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:28:05 PM

Voting on the Blockchain - Version 1.0

SWARM has partnered with the Bitcoin Foundation to help them vote on the blockchain.

"For the past several weeks, the Bitcoin Foundation has been working to develop an on-blockchain voting system that provides even greater transparency into the voting process -- with every vote being recorded on the blockchain. “The Foundation's mission is to advance blockchain technology and this is an important new avenue of innovation,” said Patrick Murck, Executive Director of the Bitcoin Foundation. “While we may not have the smoothest experience in this experimental launch, it's important for us to push the boundaries and spark innovation -- even if things get a little messy sometimes.”
We found a willing partner in Swarm and the new platform is finally ready for its first election. The Bitcoin Foundation is the first to attempt a vote of this kind on the blockchain and we are excited to have our Bitcoin Foundation members participate in this historic moment."

Great thumbs up for both the teams!

Here's the article:

http://blog.bitcoinfoundation.org/voting-on-the-blockchain-version-1-0/
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:56:52 PM

ohh this is interesting.. :thumbsup:
dataMaestro

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:57:43 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2015, 01:10:36 PM by dataMaestro

I guess my key question is:
Is what Swarm gets tied to what the Swarm campaign generates in terms of funding? There don't seem to be any links anywhere specifying the terms.

As I said before, the details will be made clear way before the new projects start their funding. But to already give a little answer to your question, SWARM is way cheaper than
let's say kickstarter and others taking between 5% and 10% of the crowdfunded money. SWARM's also kinda different to them. SWARM supports the new projects with time, legal advice etc.
It's quite thinkable that Swarmcoin holders get a fee in coins for the new projects. Counterparty provides the possibility to pay out coins (like BTC) as a sort of "dividend". And because
SWARM is holding coins themselves, the answer to your question would be yes, it should be a win-win situation where everyone involved shares risk and (hopefully) some profit.

Thank you - this clarifies things a bit. I think the scenario I wondered about was whether Swarm gets a fixed x% of a startup's coins even if the crowdsale only manages to raise the minimum $5,000 from Focus and not much more than that. Maybe that's unlikely, but with market conditions being what they are these days, just wondering what happens under such a scenario.
baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:54:20 PM

Glad to hear about the BTC Foundation Voting.  This will provide a big boost to SWARM and to Counterparty in general.

Question: I hold some (small) amount of SWARM, and I have since the pre-sale.  I have not however received any additional "project coins" which is what I thought would be happening.  Do I have the wrong idea?

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
zeeman

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:26:19 PM

Glad to hear about the BTC Foundation Voting.  This will provide a big boost to SWARM and to Counterparty in general.

Question: I hold some (small) amount of SWARM, and I have since the pre-sale.  I have not however received any additional "project coins" which is what I thought would be happening.  Do I have the wrong idea?

Same here, I had the SWARM-PRE, SWARM and a number of voting coins over a period of a few months. I did got Comiccoin and some voting coins for that project as well. What I know is that the projects after that were responsible for paying out that "dividend" themselves, and that there where some issues with that. For the next projects this should be fixed in a technical way now. Which means that the SWARM-platform will take care of that. No need for teams to run command-line clients etc. This "dividend" will only work if you use the Counterparty-platform. No idea where the coins go if you store them on Poloniex or something...     
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:34:29 PM

Will swarm allow funding in fiat currencies?
zeeman

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:43:48 PM

Yes, you can use a creditcard or other payments on Stripe (they are integrated on the website). That will make it a lot more easy for people who don't want to buy BTC first. Now you can create a Counterwallet and buy coins from the project you like and get them sent to your wallet.
dataMaestro

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:12:20 PM

Yes, you can use a creditcard or other payments on Stripe (they are integrated on the website). That will make it a lot more easy for people who don't want to buy BTC first. Now you can create a Counterwallet and buy coins from the project you like and get them sent to your wallet.

Wow - that's cool. So coins can be bought directly without going through purchase of BTC as an intermediary step?
zeeman

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:33:09 PM

Wow - that's cool. So coins can be bought directly without going through purchase of BTC as an intermediary step?

Yes indeed  Cool
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:24:23 PM

Same here, I had the SWARM-PRE, SWARM and a number of voting coins over a period of a few months. I did got Comiccoin and some voting coins for that project as well. What I know is that the projects after that were responsible for paying out that "dividend" themselves, and that there where some issues with that. For the next projects this should be fixed in a technical way now. Which means that the SWARM-platform will take care of that. No need for teams to run command-line clients etc. This "dividend" will only work if you use the Counterparty-platform. No idea where the coins go if you store them on Poloniex or something...     

Voting "REBOOT"... using different platform
https://blog.bitcoinfoundation.org/runoff-election-reboot/
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:41:09 AM

Thanks, also what is the reason for such a short window to apply, applications close only 4 days after the original announcement right?
zeeman

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:29:55 AM

Voting "REBOOT"... using different platform
https://blog.bitcoinfoundation.org/runoff-election-reboot/

"No system is perfect on its first day out. So thanks for hanging in there and for your willingness to think outside of the box with us.
“These are growing pains. The important thing to remember is that we are all in this, building the digital economy, together"

I heard there were some problems  Shocked In the beginning the blockchain voting for SWARM itself was done by sending out voting coins (payed out as "dividend") to the
counterparty wallets. This was a bit confusing, so now there's a new platform, not without a little pain at the start.  Grin
zeeman

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:34:31 AM

Thanks, also what is the reason for such a short window to apply, applications close only 4 days after the original announcement right?

I don't really know about that. But a lot of teams are interested, last funding there where over 50 teams who applied as far as I remember...
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 07:35:40 AM

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/19401/developing-story-bitcoin-foundation-elections-shambles-candidates-call-restart/
krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 10:12:11 PM

it is quite easy to vote using a blockchian, here I explain how:
http://youtu.be/OCYesv79ITc?t=5m32s

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

zeeman

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 12:00:28 PM

it is quite easy to vote using a blockchian, here I explain how:
http://youtu.be/OCYesv79ITc?t=5m32s

Great presentation! Thnx. This is exactly the system SWARM uses on Counterparty.
zeeman

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:52:26 PM

The 25 most exciting bitcoin startups, according to Business Insider...

http://uk.businessinsider.com/25-most-exciting-bitcoin-startups-in-the-world-ethereum-21-coinbase-coindesk-2015-3?op=1

Swarm's at number 8  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: