Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:21:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Swarm Fund 1.0 - [OFFLINE THREAD]  (Read 139875 times)
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:22:44 PM

If I may ask, since Counterparty produces the tokens, where is the functionality gap that requires so much work?  Maybe the web interface to Counterparty?  Or distributing the tokens to SWARM holders?

I'm not in the Dev-team but I am volunteering for Swarm and this is the way I understand it. The Swarm CMS will get you a log-in to a counterwallet. It creates a .pdf for you with your login pass phrase. Swarm doesn't know your login. So they have to do a lot of work in your browser without critical info leaving your computer. Now take this a step further, you want people to have their own wallet (with an address in it) and allow them to issue a x-number of tokens for their own project. Next step is to allow others to buy them using BTC or a creditcard. Again, without being able to know pass phrases etc. So you need a vending-type of technology to send people coins when they pay with BTC. It also needs to work with creditcard payments. If 20 projects would launch in 1 week, and 15K people want their coins, it needs to be the technology that does this. It's to much work to do by hand. At the same time you want at least 1% to be distributed to the SWARMCoin-holders. That's another part of the story. And next to that all the projects will have their own pages with info etc.     
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:43:43 PM

Vennd used to provide something like that vending machine you describe.  The last I heard they were shutting down temporarily to deal with the legal implications:

http://www.vennd.io/

Swarm expects to accept credit card payment for tokens?
zeeman

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 08:06:12 AM

Vennd used to provide something like that vending machine you describe.  The last I heard they were shutting down temporarily to deal with the legal implications:

http://www.vennd.io/

Swarm expects to accept credit card payment for tokens?

I think they're using Vendd indeed. Yes, they'll accept creditcards. I tested it and it works fine.
ShapeShift.io

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 05:43:15 PM

ShapeShift.io has released the first-ever cryptocurrency exchange app for iPhone. Buy or sell Swarm instantly and on-the-go with the ShapeShift App.

Download the app: http://apple.co/1FU6Njm

Learn about the app in this Forbes article: http://onforb.es/1dtZqVX

NOTE: ShapeShift will be adding their Android app soon. Stay tuned!

Follow us on our new profile: ShapeShift.com

bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:31:53 AM

I'm expecting this to be fully automated within the next week so that every time anyone issues assets there will be an automatic distribution. This may happen when the asset is created or when someone clicks the "start crowdfund" option our interface.

Any update on this?

BTW, what are your favorite Swarm projects currently?  Vevue looks interesting.

What I last heard is that the team gathered in Palo Alto and that some of them are working 18H a day to build the thing. A lot of programming needs to be done. I like Vevue indeed. Nice people as well, trying to do things right, working a lot of hours on their project for a very long time now. I really can't wait to see the projects go live   Cheesy

How is it going with this?
zeeman

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:08:18 PM

I'm expecting this to be fully automated within the next week so that every time anyone issues assets there will be an automatic distribution. This may happen when the asset is created or when someone clicks the "start crowdfund" option our interface.

Any update on this?

What I last heard is that the team gathered in Palo Alto and that some of them are working 18H a day to build the thing. A lot of programming needs to be done. I like Vevue indeed. Nice people as well, trying to do things right, working a lot of hours on their project for a very long time now. I really can't wait to see the projects go live   Cheesy

They're still working very hard on the Swarm CMS. Can't wait to see it go live, same for the team that's doing all the work. But it will take some more weeks they just told be.  
hnin

Activity: 754
Merit: 510

EverdreamSoft Team

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 03:31:24 PM

Purchase your SWARMCD, unique blockchain-based trading card!

EverdreamSoft is now launching another from its series of limited editions of blockchain-based cards: SWARMCD.

SWARMCD has been created exclusively for Swarm and can be purchased with XCP tokens, Swarm or BTC. SWARMCD is playable as “Ayana, the Swarmborn” in
EverdreamSoft’s Moonga and Spells of Genesis games, or tradable freely outside these games, on the blockchain.
ATTENTION: THE EVERDREAMSOFT’S ASSET MADE FOR SWARM IS CALLED SWARMCD, NOT SWARMCARD!
The 1st card of the serie will be sold for 1 XCP (or its equivalent in BTC or SWARM) and the price will gradually increase with the number of cards being purchased (for more
details see the SWARMCD distribution chart below). This means that the sooner you purchase your SWARMCD, the less you’ll pay. In the future
we expect the cards to acquire more value as they are collector items.
The first 19 cards are available on DEX starting now, then the sale will be moved on Tokenly.

SWARMCD DISTRIBUTION CHART

All EverdreamSoft’s special blockchain-based cards are playable in Moonga and SoG, as well as freely tradable outside the games. When you
purchase one of our blockchain-based cards, you will own your game asset not only within the game, but also on the blockchain.
So far we have created special blockchain-based trading cards for FoldingCoin, Storj, GetGemz and Counterparty XCP - FDCARD, SJCXCARD, GEMZCARD and XCPCARD - and we
have lot of other projects onboard.
EverdreamSoft is a swiss based company specialized in the field of mobile games development. With Moonga, our main trading card game, we were among the first to have a
free-to-play game on the AppStore in 2009. Since then, the genre has evolved in unexpected ways.
Spells of Genesis is our upcoming mobile game, which will integrate bitcoin and blockchain technology in its game economy as well as in its storyline. It’s targeted for
release later this year.
The game launch is preceded by the BitCrystals Token Sale, a crowdfund which will allow us to raise funds necessary to the full game development. The BitCrystal Token
Sale will start on July 29th
, 2015 on Swarm

bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 12:26:15 PM

Any update on this?

They're still working very hard on the Swarm CMS. Can't wait to see it go live, same for the team that's doing all the work. But it will take some more weeks they just told be.  

How is the project going?
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:22:55 PM

Any update on this?

How is the project going?

Is this project dead?  No response here and no blog entries all year.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:37:41 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 10:25:57 PM by statdude

Anyone got any unofficial updates?

Is there an IRC channel or anything

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
zeeman

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:33:56 AM

Anyone got any unofficial updates?

Is there an IRC channel or anything

Work on the Swarm CMS is delayed. This is indeed an unofficial update. Read all the Newsletters here and/or subscribe to stay informed. There is a channel on Slack, but that's for volunteers and the Swarm Team only.
There's a Forum where you can post any questions. You might ask them here as well.

bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:10:09 PM

zeeman, is it a technical issue, legal, financial...?  No response here:

https://discourse.swarm.fund/t/state-of-the-swarm/232/3

So Joel Dietz is now an official advisor to competing crowdfunding platform Weifund?

http://weifund.io

His Facebook page says "I just had the biggest nerdgasm since I read the ‪#‎Ethereum‬ whitepaper."  So maybe he is moving on from Counterparty/Swarm to Ethereum/Weifund?
zeeman

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:43:23 PM

zeeman, is it a technical issue, legal, financial...?  No response here:

https://discourse.swarm.fund/t/state-of-the-swarm/232/3

So Joel Dietz is now an official advisor to competing crowdfunding platform Weifund?

http://weifund.io

His Facebook page says "I just had the biggest nerdgasm since I read the ‪#‎Ethereum‬ whitepaper."  So maybe he is moving on from Counterparty/Swarm to Ethereum/Weifund?

I've not been very active for the project over the last couple of weeks. Missed that question on the forum. I'll try to get some more info. Reply here as soon as I can.
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:54:09 PM

Looks like he s more interested in ethereum atm. He s advisor weifund and co-founder EtherCasts and both projects are in "full swing". But he s also specified as "founder swarm.fund" at weifund page Huh.... Wired....that´s crypto ....wired.
Question is: Is it that easy to ditch a project with 1300btc (wasn´t it?) ipo? On the Qt?
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:35:46 PM

zeeman, any info for us at all?
zeeman

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 01:08:42 PM

zeeman, any info for us at all?

Nope, asked some of the team for an update here on the forum and on Swarm forum. Hope they jump in.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 01:12:13 PM

They won't communicate with us but do they with you?
fractastical (OP)

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

Swarm

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 05:50:49 PM

Here is a set of updates in no particular order:

[1] I was always extremely interested in the possibilities of a fully developed smart contract platform. I only got seriously involved in Bitcoin/Blockchain after I read the Ethereum whitepaper and wrote several whitepapers immediately following, including this (https://github.com/fractastical/distributed-governance). I also co-ran the EtherCasts channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/EtherCasts) which continues to be active. I've advised several Ethereum related projects and always believe that the ultimate "swarm" would require some sort of smart contract capable platform.

[2] Although I initially made the decision to adopt Counterparty, I've been rather seriously disappointed with Counterparty as an option at several points in the history of our project. Although I created and curated several of the main channels, including both the main Skype and Dev skype channel and partially bootstrapped the Counterparty developer community via my own efforts, I was pretty disappointed with decisions made internally.

The primary problems we've had along these lines have been:

(a) Too much downtime and breaking changes released into the core protocol
(b) No consistently reliable APIs
(c) Weird decisions made re: initial Counterparty Foundation board
(d) Not enough efforts made to cultivate a positive developer community / too much hostility

Consequently, I decided not to run for the Counterparty board and I removed myself from the Counterparty promotional channels I created.

[3] I think in general we've had a larger problem with the legal sphere, particularly in the United States. In general, the crowdfunding projects we've been most excited about have been the most legally problematic, and we've spent a lot of time working on our own internal legal details around this DCO model. This has taken an enormous amount of time and been very frustrating. Among other things, we've had very favorable responses from other countries but have had an incredibly difficult time figuring out what we can do in the U.S.

[4] Although we've stayed away from the traditional venture pathways, we've started working with incubators that are very progressive on the blockchain front. These folks are taking an active interest in pushing together a better version of the software that is cross-chain compatible. To do so, we have had to innovate on several layers:

(a) permissioned blockchains
  (b) crosschain compatible identity systems
  (c) distributed reputational systems

Due to the inherent technical difficulties, I think it's probably a 6-8 month timeframe before this next wave of innovation is fully complete and release ready, but there should be interesting things to test out along the way.

[5] We've also implemented the fullness of our new DCO legal model internally, which has led to the provisional appointment of several delegates which ostensibly represent the will of the members of the Swarm and decide what to do with the funds and IP generated by the Swarm. These delegates have been working hard to expand our developer team and make sure that there are more regular updates.

[6] The Swarm Fund, which we've setup in order to take stakes in projects and apply the "wisdom of the crowd," has been running in alpha status. The main barriers here are regulatory but they are moving forward slowly.

[7] In general, I will let Thomas post the specific near-term development updates since he is basically managing progress on that end and has promised weekly updates. We had some setbacks here due to the sickness of one developer who was in the middle of refactoring some key services, but my understanding is that he is going to have that ready soon.

bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 06:08:05 PM

Thank you for the update.  Where does this leave SWARM investors?
zeeman

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 06:51:12 PM

Here's an update by Thomas:

Hi everyone,

I'm Thomas, I first met Swarm through investing in the 2014 crowdsale. From there I followed the progress and last March my start-up www.vevue.com was selected to be one of the first companies to organize as a DCO and launch on the Swarm platform.

A lot of progress has been made on the DCO front as can be seen here;

DCO marketing campaign  designed by Vevue team member Kathrine

DCO Step by Step guide

First DCO contract

Marketing Analysis

Why DCO?
DCO is the business model in which crypto-equity tokens are issued. Due to current SEC laws, issuing securities is illegal, which makes Swarm illegal. The DCO model is a pending model that provides Swarm room to move forward. Also, although Swarm may technically be illegal in the US, it's still legal in many parts of the world. Being decentralized keeps the platform mobile from changing laws.

Part of the DCO Model involves promoting delegates, basically employees at this stage. Over the last few months, along with others, two members of the Vevue team have joined Swarm as delegates. Delegates are selected by the Swarm community, then placed in positions of influence to help propel the platform forward. Over the coming months I will use my position as a delegate to implement the DCO Step by Step guide in bringing 100% transparency to the Swarm community.

The Swarm software is approximately 90% complete. Right now we're in the process of expanding the Swarm programming team from one programmer to several. We're doing this in an effort to take pressure and stress off Pavlo, the programmer that has been working tirelessly for over a year on Swarm. This will also help as the Swarm platform launches and there is extra work involved with troubleshooting and expansion. Pavlo is currently working on the final phases of programming but due to being in and out of the hospital during the summer, has fell behind. This is why we're being proactive about using developers from our team at Vevue/Whizpool and familiarizing them with Swarm code. Whizpool will bring a new level of organization and transparency to progress updates through implementing their Project Management Software system. We plan to have the first update available before September 1st.

What does this mean for Swarm coins value?
As an owner of Swarm coins I feel they have value. Due to delays and complications, others may feel differently. Part of the reason for implementing delegates is to help avoid future delays. I think the value of that decision is already beginning to show in the fact Kathrine is available to help with marketing/design and we're in the process of adding to the development team.

Delays
I think the biggest reason for delays is beyond Swarms power. Most in the Blockchain industry did not expect an almost 2 year downtrend in Bitcoin's price. From our start-up at Vevue to Swarm and many others, the burn rate of funds has been hit hard. Delegates was one answer of many to stay alive and keep progress moving forward.

Hopefully we're near the end of this downtrend... Vevue is within 3 weeks of entering beta with its newest update. We're still planning to do our initial launch through Swarm and hope to be the first successful company to launch on their platform.

Weifund
I haven't spoken with Joel about this but trust his networking skills will continue to add value to Swarm and the DCO business model.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: