Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:50:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Swarm Fund 1.0 - [OFFLINE THREAD]  (Read 139875 times)
vincentvincent

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:28:46 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2017, 06:57:31 AM by vincentvincent

After the conversion the site https://tokenswap.swarm.fund/ never seems to update the timestap of the field "Last update".
For days on a row it is stating te same value for the timestamp.
I already mailed with the support mailaddress without a reaction.

This is what is shows after the conversion for days:
You have successfully burned: 0 SWARM 1.0 tokens
Last update: 2017-08-12T11:45:47.724Z

It started working now: the page shows a more recent time stamp:
Last update: 2017-08-16T13:05:32.925Z
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr_uk_btc

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:02:59 PM

Hi guys I just wanted to try and get this forum ticking over again and explain a little about how I see the past / current situations that Swarm Fund faced.  I am a Swarm 1.0 investor and have recently become more involved with the community via Telegram. I've been speaking closely with Joel and other founders and feel I've now understood a little better. Yes as an early investor I could be accused of being biased but I'm going to write this anyway as it all makes sense to me anyway. Happy to hear your feedback.

It seems to me that Swarm 1.0 got to a stage in 2014 / early 2015 when they realised that having to actively seek start-up projects for their crowdfunding platform was a dead end. They were trying to build a business around trying to assist start ups in the hope that somewhere down the line these guys would make a profit and be worth something....this is clearly a long drawn out process and is not good for valuations or a good business model.  It seems a lot like the chicken and egg dilemma. You have a new fundraising platform .....and there are no projects worth investing into on it..... So you get very few investors visiting the platform / website.... this dilemma is what I feel eventually drove Swarm back into stealth mode between 2015 and 2017.  Despite the irregular communications however there was still work going on behind the scenes, which anyone that followed Joel could see as he was still talking at conferences and using the title "Founder, Swarm".

During this stealth period the team grew and diversified significantly.  Many working groups that included regulators, Stanford / MIT academics and industry professionals were notched up and a unique DAO-like framework that involves full control of the foundation by the token holders has now begun to be built. Their Github is testament to this.  

With their new Token Offering in September Swarm Fund is returning and their chicken and egg dilemma it seems has been resolved. Swarm Fund will not have to wait for projects to come to them. During their stealth period Swarm Fund established a handful of fund partnerships which are waiting to accept capital now. So.... a large proportion of the Token Sale capital will be deployed immediately into EXISTING & PROFITABLE PARTNER FUNDS across a variety of otherwise exclusive verticals (Distressed Real Estate, SaaS /  Tech and Renewables to name a few). So in a nutshell (not an eggshell).... the capital raised over and above the Token Sale software dev cap will be begin to be put to work immediately via their deployment into these existing businesses. Swarm won't give up the identity of these existing parter funds at the moment, however any seriously interested investors can sign an NDA and one of the founders will be happy to discuss it over a web conference call.

Any profits generated via the sub-funds are redistributed via a software licence fee that is either paid into a Swarm Token Pool for reinvestment or distributed amongst token holders as a bonus, in a stake-weighted manner.  It is the Swarm Token holders stake-weighted vote that decides which of the above happens.

Plus, given that all tokens have full, rather than limited, voting rights (i.e. the investor has to do some work to receive any gains from the foundation),  this also means they are not counted as Securities by the SEC referenced Howey Test.

Joel recently wrote a pretty decent Medium post on their blog about all this Smiley :  

https://medium.com/@Swarm/the-problem-with-icos-c64f67dd8c04

Oh.... a note on the Swarm 1.0 tokens for redemption. There are a bunch tied up in Poloniex at the moment and many people are trying to make contact with them to get them released. I was lucky enough to move mine back to Counterparty wallet before the wallets were blocked but I'm trying to help out by launching a Thunderclap campaign to do a massive social media hit. Anyone interested should get in touch with me (@MrCheek) via the Telegram group: https://t.me/swarmfund

I hope I've been able to clear a few things up here! It took me a while to get the full picture but I'm now up to speed and keen to hear everyone's thoughts.

Cheers!
mrcastelo

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:45:49 PM

About Swarm: https://cointelegraph.com/press-releases/swarm-fund-launches-compliance-oriented-token-offering-tailored-to-evolving-regulatory-environment
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:46:57 PM

I love their PR firm (not sarcasm): https://www.anwnetworks.com/who_we_are
spawn4ever

Activity: 574
Merit: 111

vite

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:02:43 PM

How much money u got on pre-sale?

mrcastelo

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:45:31 AM

Is swarm fund like an ETF in the stock market? For investors like me who have very limited funds but want to invest in real assets this would be a good starting point.

Satish147

Activity: 420

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 09:15:44 AM

Hi Swarm Team,

How Swarm is entirely different from other crypto hedge funds

I observed that by holding Swarm tokens, we can access to SUN tokens of any project inside Swarm Platform

But my doubt is, whether SUN tokens are allotted only after paying additional funds for that or by holding Swarm tokens itself we can get SUN tokens of any project in the form of SUN tokens

Satish147

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 09:20:56 AM

Hi Friends,

I written article on Swarm Fund

Link to the article : https://steemit.com/ethereum/@satish143/swarm-fund-crowdsale-tokenizing-real-assets

Hope you like it

Please upvote, if you really like it.

Thank you

mr_uk_btc

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:44:04 PM

Swarm Fund isn't a crypto hedge fund. We are providing the bridge from crypto into real world, exclusive opportunities, most of which are usually out of reach for normal investors. See the Partner Funds video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-dDl3ip3mM&t=7s
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:09:23 PM

Does swarm fund (2.0), the one that has ICO right now, have it's own ANN thread, or is it just the website (and thread on bounty topic)? Smiley
fractastical (OP)

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

Swarm

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:12:26 PM

Does swarm fund (2.0), the one that has ICO right now, have it's own ANN thread, or is it just the website (and thread on bounty topic)? Smiley

We will be continuing to use this one for the time being.  We have updated the OP.

fractastical (OP)

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

Swarm

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:16:13 PM

Is swarm fund like an ETF in the stock market? For investors like me who have very limited funds but want to invest in real assets this would be a good starting point.

Hi, we will initially be deploying capital in a collection of partner funds that have been curated by our financial experts. You can learn more about these partner funds in the recent testimonial video we produced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-dDl3ip3mM

Hullo

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:18:07 PM

Though hard cap of $255 million is very high but seeing the fomo and hype for this project I am sure it is achievable successfully. We have under 2 hours time for the crowdfunding to start. Let's see what kind of response is getting from the investors in first couple of hours.
Satish147

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 05:31:27 PM

Now a days ICOs are able to raise money from investors due to its nature of "immediate liquidity" and "low level of entry". Because of these two primary reasons the people around the world are interested to participate in crowdsale to earn immediate gains. But with this the innocent investors who believe in ICOs are getting caught by holding their huge savings in new startups with a simple reason of "hype".

But Swarm Fund here to help you by tokenizing Real assets

Don't miss the chance

Satish147

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 05:35:04 PM

Though hard cap of $255 million is very high but seeing the fomo and hype for this project I am sure it is achievable successfully. We have under 2 hours time for the crowdfunding to start. Let's see what kind of response is getting from the investors in first couple of hours.

I completely agree with you because the team has exceptional experience and expertise in managing funds previously of around more than $ 10 billion.

Satish147

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 05:40:06 PM

Swarm Fund isn't a crypto hedge fund. We are providing the bridge from crypto into real world, exclusive opportunities, most of which are usually out of reach for normal investors. See the Partner Funds video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-dDl3ip3mM&t=7s

I got your point and How SUN tokens will be allotted to Swarm token holders

Whether by holding Swarm tokens we will get only access to purchase SUN tokens or whether we will be getting SUN tokens without putting any additional funds

Satish147

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 05:50:27 PM

Hi, we will initially be deploying capital in a collection of partner funds that have been curated by our financial experts. You can learn more about these partner funds in the recent testimonial video we produced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-dDl3ip3mM

Hi Fractastical,

The video is really nice

In that the partner funds are explained how Swarm fund is helping both for institutional fund managers to get investors and how small investors are getting big opportunity through SWARM.

Hope Swarm will definitely successful in this crowdsale

zahl

Activity: 66
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:18:08 PM

The project is great and looks promising, but they are simply too greedy.
33% of tokens are going to those who will participate in ICO.
It means that all ETH and 67% of tokens will go to the team and the "advisors".
And they wish to collect millions of $$$??? Shit, they are arrogant.

Is it only me to feel that it is totally not fair and doesn't respect ICO investors?Huh?
waszurHölle

Activity: 149

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:15:54 PM

i am a bit confused, i took part in the sale in the beginning, clicked on "contribute with ETH" and was directed to https://purchase.swarm.fund/contribute but when i check this page now it says "not found" and the swarm.fund side now says " ambassador-only presale"  Huh
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:38:20 AM

LOL why are you falling for this scam again?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: