Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:43:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Swarm Fund 1.0 - [OFFLINE THREAD]  (Read 139875 times)
fractastical (OP)

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

Swarm

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:38:33 AM

what a huge ipo!how you dare to do this?

A few different reasons.

(1) Raising a large amount of money makes a large statement to the world at large that we are serious. It will get a lot of press makes us the no. 1 contender in the space.

(2) A large amount of money allows us to not only build our platform but also finance other projects that fulfill our objectives.

(3) A lot of people are spending money on other things like the Bitcoin Foundation that don't seem to be helping Bitcoin succeed, whereas we believe that our platform will greatly increase the public acceptance of Bitcoin.

(4) We can spend a decent amount on legal advocacy (and potentially even lobbying) to establish the potential of cryptoequity worldwide.

(5) We believe that there are enough people with enough capital that care about the same issues that we do

IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:42:03 AM

IIRC, You were talking of a working prototype of the SWARM platform. When will it be available for (beta?) testing ?

Good luck with the project.

fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:12:25 AM

IIRC, You were talking of a working prototype of the SWARM platform. When will it be available for (beta?) testing ?

Good luck with the project.

Thanks. We will have something ready (i.e. dashboard) by the time we launch the first couple coins in about a month. Fuller platform will be ready in August.

freedomfighter

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:37:22 PM

Technically, where is the investment information i.e. address for sending BTC from counterwallet etc.?

how many swarmcoins are given per 1 BTC?

what will be the max amount of swarmcoins? is there such a number?

can one send XCPs or do you only accept BTCs?

Thanks
Lordoftherigs

Activity: 313

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:02:06 PM

Can someone tell me what is the current price of  SWARMPRE on the Counterparty decentralized exchange ?

Thanks Smiley
andreasan

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:50:49 PM

Was joking. Which reminds me of what I find missing around here. Humor. And women.  

Lol, good answer. Good luck!
fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:03:41 PM

Technically, where is the investment information i.e. address for sending BTC from counterwallet etc.?

It's listed on our website, but here it is for you, "12GZL7shupvmHapCmhw81GDa5GmaTqaZdk"

Right now it's about 5000 coins per BTC.

100,000,000. It is a locked asset visible on Blockscan.

We are sending out the information on XCP acceptance in our newsletter, scheduled to go out in one hour. Sign up here.

DavidAU

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:54:11 PM

Can someone tell me what is the current price of  SWARMPRE on the Counterparty decentralized exchange ?

Thanks Smiley

1 bitcoin = 5739.0316461
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:57:32 PM

Hi
Considering there are a total 100 million swarmcoin, How is that number divided up?

For instance, if you raise 1500btc instead of the goal of 4500 btc in phase one and you raise 1000 btc of the goal of 17000btc in phase two. What do I get if I invest 1btc in phase one and 1 btc in phase 2
thankyou
freedomfighter

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:52:00 PM

It's listed on our website, but here it is for you, "12GZL7shupvmHapCmhw81GDa5GmaTqaZdk"

We are sending out the information on XCP acceptance in our newsletter, scheduled to go out in one hour. Sign up here.

I like your concept BUT i dont like the fact that you value it, at this early stage @ 40k BTC (5000 per BTC and 100M coins) or 25 million dollars.  It will place you in the top 7 projects value wise with more value than your native host counterparty. does this make sense to you?  To me this isnt realistic with a pre-sale for a project that doesnt really exist yet but in theory
fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:17:10 PM

For instance, if you raise 1500btc instead of the goal of 4500 btc in phase one and you raise 1000 btc of the goal of 17000btc in phase two. What do I get if I invest 1btc in phase one and 1 btc in phase 2
thankyou

There won't be a phase 2 unless we finish phase 1. If you put in one 1 btc in the first phase and 1 btc in the second then you will get the corresponding number of SWARMPRE as described at that rate.

Considering there are a total 100 million swarmcoin, How is that number divided up?

The 8 million swarm reserves is subtracted and the remainder of 92 million SWARM is distributed prorata to all SWARMPRE holders. So if we only sell 46 million SWARMPRE then each purchaser will get 2 SWARM for each SWARMPRE (i.e. 92 / 46 = 2).

tjc

Activity: 145

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:23:30 PM

I like your concept BUT i dont like the fact that you value it, at this early stage @ 40k BTC (5000 per BTC and 100M coins) or 25 million dollars.  It will place you in the top 7 projects value wise with more value than your native host counterparty. does this make sense to you?  To me this isnt realistic with a pre-sale for a project that doesnt really exist yet but in theory

It makes sense for investors like me looking for a venture capital type investment but do not have the actual capital to ever get into that market. Super high risk. A new business with huge growth potential and a high chance of total flop. Its distributed capital for projects you and the community believe in. And even though they can't say it, folks who pay in are actually investing in a way as opposed to providing seed money in exchange for a token gift or early access (kickstarter).

For me, the meta concept is worth supporting even if this particular venture does not work out.
fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:46:26 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 04:39:21 PM by fractastical

I like your concept BUT i dont like the fact that you value it, at this early stage @ 40k BTC (5000 per BTC and 100M coins) or 25 million dollars.

100M / 5000 = 20k BTC. Still quite a lot, but a lot less than $25mm.

It will place you in the top 7 projects value wise with more value than your native host counterparty. does this make sense to you?  To me this isnt realistic with a pre-sale for a project that doesnt really exist yet but in theory

Here's what the Bitangels due diligence report says:

It is worth noting that the SWARM team does not expect to collect the maximum number of bitcoins by selling out all of their tokens (though it is possible if demand has been underestimated). Instead, the project has set a range of price points and is leaving it up to the market to decide the proper price of SWARM Coins.

This is basically correct. We don't anticipate raising the full second round unless there are exceptional circumstances.

That said, I think a project like ours should be valued not in the sense of the market cap of a project, but also the potential net effect that it will have on the Bitcoin price in general.

For example, we've already had press coverage in a number of publications that don't usually cover Bitcoin and expect a lot more in the near future.

Of course, large press exposure for us will lead to a substantial increase in Bitcoin price, so I feel justified in saying it's worth putting ~1% of one's overall Bitcoin holdings into SWARM for that reason alone.

Although I mostly kidding in a previous comment, this ideally includes engagement with the non-male part of the world demographic, something we've been having quite a bit of success with as well (many participants in our sale have been first time Bitcoiners and non-men).

So even if you see Swarm as nothing more than good marketing for Bitcoin, I think it will be money well spent by the community.  More money equals more press and is ultimately better for Bitcoin as a whole.

nikola384

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:54:13 PM

Are those GOLDTICKETs proportional to anything like BTC invested/time of the investment (earlier more or something) or just random amount of GOLDTICKETs?

fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:09:02 AM

Are those GOLDTICKETs proportional to anything like BTC invested/time of the investment (earlier more or something) or just random amount of GOLDTICKETs?

They are proportional to the number of SWARMPRE owned. You can figure out the proportion by looking at the GOLDTICKET you have vs. the SWARMPRE you have.

tobeaj2meraa

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:12:21 AM

when will IPO end?
fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:16:28 AM

when will IPO end?

Crowdsale ends on July 20th or when all swarmcoins are sold out.

runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:53:47 AM

Is it just me or do the numbers look a little skewed?

"[If] We raise 10,000 BTC, 1/3 to salaries, 1/3 to SWARM coin launch funds, and the rest to Swarm Agents and miscellaneous."

A full 3,333BTC (nearly $2million) on day 1 salaries?

Another 3,333BTC (nearly $2million) on "Swarm Agents and miscellaneous".  Who are these agents?  It almost sounds like another salary.  Obviously there were set up costs involved, but a third of all raised funds - as much as is available for the projects themselves?

And for those all important projects... just a third of the BTC raised.  Seems awfully inefficient.
fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:06:13 AM

Is it just me or do the numbers look a little skewed?

"[If] We raise 10,000 BTC, 1/3 to salaries, 1/3 to SWARM coin launch funds, and the rest to Swarm Agents and miscellaneous."

A full 3,333BTC (nearly $2million) on day 1 salaries?

Another 3,333BTC (nearly $2million) on "Swarm Agents and miscellaneous".  Who are these agents?  It almost sounds like another salary.  Obviously there were set up costs involved, but a third of all raised funds - as much as is available for the projects themselves?

And for those all important projects... just a third of the BTC raised.  Seems awfully inefficient.

The salaries are calculated over 18 months with a team size that varies somewhat depends somewhat depending on how much we raise

As for the rest I actually agree and have been wanting to adjust our calculations. Although I expect that miscellaneous costs (esp. legal) will be high, I think that we should keep them to a minimum and put as much as possible into associated projects. 

runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:57:06 AM

The salaries are calculated over 18 months with a team size that varies somewhat depends somewhat depending on how much we raise

As for the rest I actually agree and have been wanting to adjust our calculations. Although I expect that miscellaneous costs (esp. legal) will be high, I think that we should keep them to a minimum and put as much as possible into associated projects. 
Is there a commitment to transparency regarding salaries and "agents and miscellaneous" (genuine Q, I haven't seen it)?  Regular reports, published BTC addresses, that sort of thing?

It's 2/3 of the BTC investors are handing over, which makes it every bit as important as knowing what projects we're investing in.

Kudos for the idea, the brand, the momentum.  Good luck!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: