Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:53:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Swarm Fund 1.0 - [OFFLINE THREAD]  (Read 139875 times)
deliciousowl

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:54:17 AM

Cross-posting this for you SWARMers:

12 Myths about CounterpartyXCP

Myth 1: Counterparty is just Bitcoin 2.0 marketing hype.

Myth 2: Counterparty’s internal currency, XCP, is just another alt-coin.

Myth 3: Counterparty is just another project where the developers want to get rich quick. They will just run away with the money.

Myth 4: Counterparty development is dead and nothing works yet.

Myth 5: Counterwallet stores your passphrase and private keys on their servers!

Myth 7: If Bitcoin can be used in Counterparty, then XCP doesn’t have value.

Myth 8: I want to create a poll on the Blockchain, but Counterparty doesn’t have a voting feature.

Myth 9: You can’t store XCP or assets in cold storage. There is no 2FA!

Myth 10: Counterparty is polluting the Bitcoin blockchain with useless data and weighing down the network. This is a “free ride” on top of Satoshis hard work!

Myth 11: Counterparty is missing multi-sig support.

Myth 12: Broadcast feed betting is centralized.

deliciousowl

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:39:23 PM

So does it "mysteriously fail with some addresses" or were there "some counterwallet bugs that prevented us from doing the SWARM distribution"? Are you hoping it gets resolved in the next 24 hours or are you investigating alternartive options? Which bug (or is it now several bugs, lol) is specifically causing the sudden and mysterious issue? Posting a link listing ALL of the counterwallet bugs in existence is not sufficient. Post the specific bug (s).

Funny how you were perfectly able to distribute all the original swarmpre, swarm, swarmvoteone AND swarmvotetwo without this undefined bug which you have yet to specify and provide a source, yet when the vote goes against the option that you attempted to manipulate investors into choosing, well it suddenly appears affecting distribution of the remaining tokens. That IS MYSTERIOUS!

It's a slight glitch that should be resolved within a day or so. Joel (fractastical) of SWARM has comprehensively reported the issues ASAP to the Counterwallet dev team. Relax, not everything has to be a conspiracy Smiley

deliciousowl

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:03:47 PM

So does it "mysteriously fail with some addresses" or were there "some counterwallet bugs that prevented us from doing the SWARM distribution"? Are you hoping it gets resolved in the next 24 hours or are you investigating alternartive options? Which bug (or is it now several bugs, lol) is specifically causing the sudden and mysterious issue? Posting a link listing ALL of the counterwallet bugs in existence is not sufficient. Post the specific bug (s).

Funny how you were perfectly able to distribute all the original swarmpre, swarm, swarmvoteone AND swarmvotetwo without this undefined bug which you have yet to specify and provide a source, yet when the vote goes against the option that you attempted to manipulate investors into choosing, well it suddenly appears affecting distribution of the remaining tokens. That IS MYSTERIOUS!

It's a slight glitch that should be resolved within a day or so. Joel (fractastical) of SWARM has comprehensively reported the issues ASAP to the Counterwallet dev team. Relax, not everything has to be a conspiracy Smiley

It does when the swarm team keep trying to f*** the investors in the **s.

Now that's just silly

samlowes52

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:19:13 PM

Is there a commitment to transparency regarding salaries and "agents and miscellaneous" (genuine Q, I haven't seen it)?  Regular reports, published BTC addresses, that sort of thing?

We've committed to holding a monthly meeting with our advisors (at the moment Vitalik Buterin, David Johnston and xnova of Counterparty), after which we release the minutes and a monthly progress report including expenditures.

The agenda suggested was:

(1) Reporting on the previous month's accomplishments in a format similar to the following:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkAYilpVrnk4dHQ2R0UyVzAtM05faER6M1RoWXpUZFE&usp=drive_web#gid=3

This includes detailed breakdowns of code commits, lines of code, and growth metrics like number of active users, ideally with associated graphs.

(2) Reviewing the past month's expenditures

(3) Approving projected expenditures for the next month expenditures

Meeting notes will be transcribed and made available to the public.
And what about this? I don't see any reports from you guys? It would be nice to here from your so called advisors Vitalik Buterin, David Johnston and xnova of Counterparty
samlowes52

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:27:20 PM

IIRC, You were talking of a working prototype of the SWARM platform. When will it be available for (beta?) testing ?

Good luck with the project.

Thanks. We will have something ready (i.e. dashboard) by the time we launch the first couple coins in about a month. Fuller platform will be ready in August.

And I guess it is not August yet? Or did you forget to code after seeing a million dollars? Have you paid for a lifetime gym membership, hookers and blows, et al.?
fractastical (OP)

Activity: 309

Swarm

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:00:38 PM

Exactly. Counterparty team fixed the problem rapidly and the SWARM distribution went out as planned. First distribution of COMICCOIN should also be received by the time you read this message.

fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:02:57 PM

And what about this? I don't see any reports from you guys? It would be nice to here from your so called advisors Vitalik Buterin, David Johnston and xnova of Counterparty

This was finished. http://blog.swarmcorp.com/2014/08/01/swarm-financial-audit-complete

fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:10:08 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 07:21:27 PM by fractastical

Have you paid for a lifetime gym membership, hookers and blows, et al.?

Nope.

And I guess it is not August yet? Or did you forget to code after seeing a million dollars?

I'll be posting back soon with the summary of our latest sprint. The first one is here http://blog.swarmcorp.com/2014/08/22/swarm-sprint-i-review/.

New site and related features, including new project funding page, are live at www.swarm.co

samlowes52

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:34:08 PM

Have you paid for a lifetime gym membership, hookers and blows, et al.?

Nope.

And I guess it is not August yet? Or did you forget to code after seeing a million dollars?

I'll be posting back soon with the summary of our latest sprint. The first one is here http://blog.swarmcorp.com/2014/08/22/swarm-sprint-i-review/.

New site and related features, including new project funding page, are live at www.swarm.co
GOOD Smiley Eagerly waiting for the distribution and summary.
fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:37:31 PM

First fan video for Hunt for Satoshi posted on Vimeo

Watch it here

Post your own and you could win a copy of the Hunt for Satoshi signed by Gavin Andresen.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:53:46 AM

So whats next? I see the Comic book (VERY COOL) But what about the software?

more or less retired.
samlowes52

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:42:42 PM

Thanks for the distribution. I see that we have also got the COMIC COIN. Yes it will be really helpful if we can get away from that counterparty cluster. It's too confusing, very slow and charges huge fees.
A platform is really needed now. I know that you're busy developing but a few pics of the platform would be great Smiley
IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:29:08 AM

SWARMcorp website is offline....
fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:30:17 PM

Big announcement coming on Tuesday of next week.

IamNotSure

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:37:07 PM

Big announcement coming on Tuesday of next week.

nice.

Do you plan to add SWARM to a centralized exchange ? Because Counterparty exchange lacks of liquidity and it would be nice to let the market discover the price of SWARM.
fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:03:55 PM

Do you plan to add SWARM to a centralized exchange ? Because Counterparty exchange lacks of liquidity and it would be nice to let the market discover the price of SWARM.

It's been on my agenda for a long time and really any exchange could integrate SWARM at any point, but so far we've had limited successes in communication with exchanges. Anyone who wants to provide contacts at any of the main ones, would be much appreciated.

IamNotSure

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:57:17 AM

It's been on my agenda for a long time and really any exchange could integrate SWARM at any point, but so far we've had limited successes in communication with exchanges. Anyone who wants to provide contacts at any of the main ones, would be much appreciated.

Try contacting melotic. They've intergrated XCP and SJCX, and they handle counterparty assets depostis and withdrawals quite fast. They lack volume on other coins so they might be intrested in having the exclusivity on an asset.
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:05:18 AM

Try contacting melotic. They've intergrated XCP and SJCX, and they handle counterparty assets depostis and withdrawals quite fast. They lack volume on other coins so they might be intrested in having the exclusivity on an asset.

Or Poloniex, they have more volume and also incorporate lots od CP assets.
fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:51:06 AM

IamNotSure

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:57:52 AM

Or Poloniex, they have more volume and also incorporate lots od CP assets.

Poloniex has added SWARM trading.

https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_swarm
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: