Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:08:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitshares-PTS to double/triple in price in the next 45 days!!?  (Read 15217 times)
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:33:02 PM

This shitcoin is still around???  Weren't they supposed to pay everyone their bitshares-x like....4 months ago or something but never did?  

To be honest, I was a bit frustrated with length of time they've taken and would have liked BitShares XT tradeable earlier. However it should be worth the wait.

By comparison, I have circa 50% in Bitcoin still, though I like Bitcoin, it is pretty centralised because you only have to get to two people to destroy confidence in the system at a crucial time.
The confirmation times & transactions per second are excruciatingly slow hence the need for Bitpay etc.
But the big one for me is that a lot of merchants let you pay in Bitcoin but transfer straight to $.

BitShares X if it eventually is able to do what it says on the tin, will have a system that's more decentralised but with enough trust (knowing who will produce next block) that they can handle MasterCard/Visa volumes and process them incredibly rapidly. More importantly you will 'hopefully' be able to hold BitUSD or BitGold on a blockchain. So it's not a shitcoin, more like the - 'could change everything coin' so I guess actually you could call it 'the shit' coin Smiley

The first chain will have interest payments removed and be light on features but this is the idea for those that are interested. (Buying PTS now won't get you a stake in it, you'll have to wait a few weeks till it becomes tradeable.)

BitShares is a revolutionary new bank and exchange that could rival the value of the largest banks in the world such as JP Morgan and Bank of America in just a few years. How could this new upstart grow so quickly?  BitShares offers a bank account that earns 5% interest where funds can be transferred in minutes anywhere in the world with more privacy and security than a Swiss bank account.  Your account can never be frozen, your funds cannot be seized, and the bank can never face collapse due to loan defaults or fraud.  All of this is made possible without requiring any employees, lawyers, regulatory compliance, vaults, buildings, and other infrastructure required by traditional banks.  Unlike existing banks, you can hold your balance denominated in gold, silver, oil, or other commodities in additional to national currencies while earning 5% interest.  

In addition to acting as a bank, BitShares also serves as an exchange where currencies, commodities, and stock derivatives can be traded with most of the features used by professional traders including shorts and options.   The Bank takes a cut on every transaction and pays 100% of these transaction fees as dividends to the shareholders.  BitShares can achieve this feat using the same technology that makes Bitcoin possible, irrevocable decentralized automated consensus forming.    

You can keep track of progress and learn more here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=3.0

Yea right.  Every other day someone comes out with a coin that will "revolutionize everything".  I won't go through all of your points one by one, suffice to say though bitshares doesn't do any of the things you say it does.  Bitshares doesn't do anything, actually.  None of the "revolutionary" features are active.  They are all way overdue.  What you have is a lot of promises from a company that has failed to deliver on a single promise.

Yes there's been delays. Hence the low share price & volume. I believe BitShares XT & DPOS will be released in the next few weeks so that's one of the reasons why I believe there's a unique buying opportunity.

Waiting till something's released or all features are active is safer but not as lucrative.

You can see how development and testing is going here
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=3.0

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:40:07 PM

dudes,  BitShares was debunked as bullshit earlier, why keep postig the shite?

~CfA~

source?

I would like to see that as well.
jshow5555

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:09:53 PM

This shitcoin is still around???  Weren't they supposed to pay everyone their bitshares-x like....4 months ago or something but never did?  

To be honest, I was a bit frustrated with length of time they've taken and would have liked BitShares XT tradeable earlier. However it should be worth the wait.

By comparison, I have circa 50% in Bitcoin still, though I like Bitcoin, it is pretty centralised because you only have to get to two people to destroy confidence in the system at a crucial time.
The confirmation times & transactions per second are excruciatingly slow hence the need for Bitpay etc.
But the big one for me is that a lot of merchants let you pay in Bitcoin but transfer straight to $.

BitShares X if it eventually is able to do what it says on the tin, will have a system that's more decentralised but with enough trust (knowing who will produce next block) that they can handle MasterCard/Visa volumes and process them incredibly rapidly. More importantly you will 'hopefully' be able to hold BitUSD or BitGold on a blockchain. So it's not a shitcoin, more like the - 'could change everything coin' so I guess actually you could call it 'the shit' coin Smiley

The first chain will have interest payments removed and be light on features but this is the idea for those that are interested. (Buying PTS now won't get you a stake in it, you'll have to wait a few weeks till it becomes tradeable.)

BitShares is a revolutionary new bank and exchange that could rival the value of the largest banks in the world such as JP Morgan and Bank of America in just a few years. How could this new upstart grow so quickly?  BitShares offers a bank account that earns 5% interest where funds can be transferred in minutes anywhere in the world with more privacy and security than a Swiss bank account.  Your account can never be frozen, your funds cannot be seized, and the bank can never face collapse due to loan defaults or fraud.  All of this is made possible without requiring any employees, lawyers, regulatory compliance, vaults, buildings, and other infrastructure required by traditional banks.  Unlike existing banks, you can hold your balance denominated in gold, silver, oil, or other commodities in additional to national currencies while earning 5% interest.  

In addition to acting as a bank, BitShares also serves as an exchange where currencies, commodities, and stock derivatives can be traded with most of the features used by professional traders including shorts and options.   The Bank takes a cut on every transaction and pays 100% of these transaction fees as dividends to the shareholders.  BitShares can achieve this feat using the same technology that makes Bitcoin possible, irrevocable decentralized automated consensus forming.    

You can keep track of progress and learn more here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=3.0

Yea right.  Every other day someone comes out with a coin that will "revolutionize everything".  I won't go through all of your points one by one, suffice to say though bitshares doesn't do any of the things you say it does.  Bitshares doesn't do anything, actually.  None of the "revolutionary" features are active.  They are all way overdue.  What you have is a lot of promises from a company that has failed to deliver on a single promise.

Yes there's been delays. Hence the low share price & volume. I believe BitShares XT & DPOS will be released in the next few weeks so that's one of the reasons why I believe there's a unique buying opportunity.

Waiting till something's released or all features are active is safer but not as lucrative.

Interesting... I should investigate more. Where is it better place to start https://bitsharestalk.org/ or https://bitshares.org/  ?

bitcoincal

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:18:38 PM

Yea right.  Every other day someone comes out with a coin that will "revolutionize everything".  I won't go through all of your points one by one, suffice to say though bitshares doesn't do any of the things you say it does.  Bitshares doesn't do anything, actually.  None of the "revolutionary" features are active.  They are all way overdue.  What you have is a lot of promises from a company that has failed to deliver on a single promise.

Is there any point in donating to AGS in these last few days? Now that Bitshares X is no longer avialable, what do you think is the best venture:BitShares DNS, BitShares Lotto or BitShares Music.

1CuWECCUQwkmQTpJdXd6Ga5tXKoJ5f8tPb
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:56:46 PM

If you invest in Angelshares or are holding Protoshares (bitshares-pts) in your wallet at the time of snapshot, you get all 3. AGS and PTS do not get used up when you claim your new DAC. They are good for all future DACs from that company.

FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:08:27 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 10:34:30 PM by FandangledGizmo

Interesting... I should investigate more. Where is it better place to start https://bitsharestalk.org/ or https://bitshares.org/  ?

Both are good  Smiley I know it must be a lot too take in if you're new  Huh it's not like just understanding 1 new feature which is all we're often asked to do with a new coin. I can try help with a summary of their main activities -

BitShares X

Summary:  http://invictus-innovations.com/bitshares-as-dac-bank
View Progress: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=3.0

BitShares DNS

Video Summary  http://vimeo.com/user24356268/review/89219239/9a45e730ca
Check Progress   https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=50.0

BitShares Music

Let's talk Bitcoin interview gives a good summary (Starts at 31 minutes, or skip to 40 minutes for simple explanation.)

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/bitcoins-gravy-18-silver-bullets-and-the-5th-beatle

We will be the first full blown, feautured, public, in your face, we take credit card, paypal, crypto, buy your song,
look out iTunes, get out of my way Amazon, I am coming up the middle, I am coming right up the middle!

View Progress  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=54.0

BitShares Gaming

Graphic Summary: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4597.0
View progress: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=55.0

Those are the main ones they're working on I think.

There's also Keyhotee which isn't a company as such, but very interesting

Video summary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pZaTdEtK-8

Keyhotee is a platform for taking back control of your digital life by combining your identity, your communications, and your finances into a single secure program. Keyhotee is under active development and currently provides an alternative to BitMessage

Some development going on in Lending & Insurance DAC's too...

FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:30:47 PM

Is there any point in donating to AGS in these last few days? Now that Bitshares X is no longer avialable, what do you think is the best venture:BitShares DNS, BitShares Lotto or BitShares Music.

Yes! You get circa 4.5 AGS for every PTS you donate at the moment. So if you want a long term stake, it's the best value in my opinion.

I think the most people's favourite is BitShares DNS, this whole new web domain system. http://vimeo.com/user24356268/review/89219239/9a45e730ca

My favourite though, is BitShares Music, the guy they've got developing the main front centralised end, Eddie Corral is great, lots of experience & connections in the music industry and a lot of passion.

So you'll be able to buy shares in artists and songs and get a % of their sales. But for me the real potential is with record labels, who can use it as a way to give fans ownership of their favourite artists and give them a real incentive to go out and share and promote their music.
The best part is, that if it's offered by a record label, you can potentially buy shares in the whole revenue of artist, like all album sales, concerts, etc. That will be huge, imagine Hollywood Stock Exchange for real and for music, with fans buying shares in the next JayZ song or album. The future of this industry is massive. Some other guys like Counterparty are experimenting with selling shares in artists too but they just won't have the full service company that BitShares Music is developing with Eddie Corral.

The other one is BitShares Gaming, some people say it's the big sleeper. Lots of development going on.

Lotteries alone are a $250 Billion+ per annum industry but over half of the price you pay on a lottery ticket goes to government, ticket vendors and administration, plus they're generally restricted by borders. So there's a big opportunity for a well done blockchain, (Which is obviously borderless) based lottery system to undercut the industry there. 5 years from now I can see there being a weekly world lottery  Smiley

Big opportunities in a lot of areas so I'm definitely excited about the future DAC's. Of course the big question is whether BitShares will become market leader in some of these areas. IMO they're far ahead with having thought about these things, got the development funding and developing the technology etc., so they look the best placed out there at the moment.

Once DPOS is up and running which forms the base of their blockchains I think the pace of development is going to take a lot of people by surprise, so much stuff waiting in the wings right now.

brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:33:36 PM

Considering the company has failed to deliver on even a single promise yet, I think it would be prudent to see them actually do *something* before throwing away money on this company.  My 2 cents.
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:58:03 PM

Brian_23452

What do you expect?  BTS is still under development and they have been nothing but open and honest compared to a lot of other developers.  State something besides they have missed a deadline as that's a moot point when you look at their github or even follow the progression of test nets.

In the last 6 months what significant progress has been made elsewhere?  BTC?  LTC?
brian_23452

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:10:20 AM

Brian_23452

What do you expect?  BTS is still under development and they have been nothing but open and honest compared to a lot of other developers.  State something besides they have missed a deadline as that's a moot point when you look at their github or even follow the progression of test nets.

In the last 6 months what significant progress has been made elsewhere?  BTC?  LTC?

Well I don't think that anyone has claimed BTC or LTC will triple in price in the next 45 days, I think thats a key difference.  Another key difference is that both of the coins you mentioned are ALREADY fully functional and can be used for their intended purpose.  There that....see if you can come up with any other differences, I bet you can!

What do I expect?  I guess I just expect a company I invest in to do something....ANYTHING....before asking for money.  Why is it that everyone in cryptos from the devs on down expect to be paid FIRST and THEN develop a working product?  

Anyways, sorry, for a brief moment I thought we were looking for serious discussion on the merits of PTS.  Didn't realize you guys were just trying to drum up the price so you could empty out the bag your holding.  
nikola384

Activity: 76

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:15:00 AM

Interesting... I should investigate more. Where is it better place to start https://bitsharestalk.org/ or https://bitshares.org/  ?

I would say start with https://bitshares.org/ the forum is full of info but is far from well organized. Progress is being made on that front too, but when I miss 2 weeks of being there I am lost again.

brekyrself

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:29:15 AM

Brian_23452

What do you expect?  BTS is still under development and they have been nothing but open and honest compared to a lot of other developers.  State something besides they have missed a deadline as that's a moot point when you look at their github or even follow the progression of test nets.

In the last 6 months what significant progress has been made elsewhere?  BTC?  LTC?

Well I don't think that anyone has claimed BTC or LTC will triple in price in the next 45 days, I think thats a key difference.  Another key difference is that both of the coins you mentioned are ALREADY fully functional and can be used for their intended purpose.  There that....see if you can come up with any other differences, I bet you can!

What do I expect?  I guess I just expect a company I invest in to do something....ANYTHING....before asking for money.  Why is it that everyone in cryptos from the devs on down expect to be paid FIRST and THEN develop a working product?  

Anyways, sorry, for a brief moment I thought we were looking for serious discussion on the merits of PTS.  Didn't realize you guys were just trying to drum up the price so you could empty out the bag your holding.  

I could care less about drumming up the price as indicated in the thread subject, but how can you say they have not come up with anything?  They produced PTS with it's original algorithm however more importantly look at their github and compile a working test bts wallet with ease.

Forget about investing for a minute and be happy a group of people are trying to take btc tech to the next level.
brian_23452

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:44:02 AM

Brian_23452

I could care less about drumming up the price as indicated in the thread subject, but how can you say they have not come up with anything?  They produced PTS with it's original algorithm however more importantly look at their github and compile a working test bts wallet with ease.

Really?  Subject title is "Bitshares-PTS to double/triple in price in the next 45 days!!?".  First line of the OP is "Bitshares has been off the radar for a bit and I wanted to let you know that it is set to explode soon!!!!"  Last line of the OP is "All in all I think it is the perfect time to buy...".  Everything in between is about how awesome an investment this is, how it is going to "explode" in price.  And you are seriously going to claim you aren't trying to pump up the price? 

Forget about investing for a minute and be happy a group of people are trying to take btc tech to the next level.

I would love to forget about investing for a moment.  But I can't, because virtually everything in this entire thread is you guys (guys?  or maybe the same guy?) posting about buy buy buy this company. 

A cursory review of your post history shows that you two, every couple of weeks post the same shit about how this shitcoin is "set to explode buy buy buy!!!!! this time we mean it guys!!!!!".    Move along folks, nothing to see here, just some bagholders trying to pump their shitcoin so they can dump it.
brekyrself

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:21:10 AM

Brian_23452

Really?  Subject title is "Bitshares-PTS to double/triple in price in the next 45 days!!?".  First line of the OP is "Bitshares has been off the radar for a bit and I wanted to let you know that it is set to explode soon!!!!"  Last line of the OP is "All in all I think it is the perfect time to buy...".  Everything in between is about how awesome an investment this is, how it is going to "explode" in price.  And you are seriously going to claim you aren't trying to pump up the price? 

I would love to forget about investing for a moment.  But I can't, because virtually everything in this entire thread is you guys (guys?  or maybe the same guy?) posting about buy buy buy this company. 

A cursory review of your post history shows that you two, every couple of weeks post the same shit about how this shitcoin is "set to explode buy buy buy!!!!! this time we mean it guys!!!!!".    Move along folks, nothing to see here, just some bagholders trying to pump their shitcoin so they can dump it.

More like trying to build awareness so people become aware of BTS and it has a successful launch.  Too many non innovative cryptos clog all the threads and leave the positive ones buried.  Its funny how you call PTS or BTS a "shitcoin" yet have no technological reason, or any reasons for that matter to back up your opinion.

Open your eyes and learn about due diligence,  www.bitsharestalk.org
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:23:53 AM

A cursory review of your post history shows that you two, every couple of weeks post the same shit about how this shitcoin is "set to explode buy buy buy!!!!! this time we mean it guys!!!

You're lying about my posting history!

This week (Jun 24th) is the first time I've posted on Bitcointalk since Feb 12th. This week is also the first time I've ever promoted BitShares. Please anyone feel free to check my posting history, this week is the first time I've ever started a thread promoting a coin/company in the entire time I've been a Bitcointalk member.  

(I joined Bitcointalk early last year and I was a huge Bitcoin fanboy & did very well from it. However once I understood the centralisation of mining problem, I started to become concerned.

There was too much power in the pools, yet nobody was panicking...

I tried to raise awareness about dealing with the issue the last time Ghash.io got over 45%. I was even in contact with BitPay and trying to put together a programme where the companies like them who had the most to lose if Bitcoin crashed could come together and work on and fund a solution to the problem, maybe at least an incentive programme for P2P mining pools.

However it became clear that Bitcoin was unable to deal with the mining issue. That's when I first started looking at alt-coins and trying to see who had best solved the problem. That brought me to NXT. So around Feb 13th I stopped posting here and tried to support the NXT community but shortly after that I discovered Daniel Larimer and BitShares and I've been on their forums ever since.

Even though we have over 5000 forum members, and BitShares is very well know, as it was the last 25 days of BitShares-AGS, I thought it would be a good idea to come out and promote and educate people who were interested in BitShares but hadn't looked into yet.
I started this topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=664298.msg7491392#msg7491392 that didn't generate too much interest.
So then I started this one, to be a bit more attention grabbing.)

As for your other points...

Well I don't think that anyone has claimed BTC or LTC will triple in price in the next 45 days, I think thats a key difference.  Another key difference is that both of the coins you mentioned are ALREADY fully functional and can be used for their intended purpose.  There that....see if you can come up with any other differences, I bet you can!

I think those are valid points. Counterparty for example delivered a basic working system with very little funding they also used proof of burn so didn't even benefit from donations meanwhile BitShares has got thousands of BTC but haven't delivered anything yet, so I can see where you're coming from.

Also the fact that I'm speculating the price will 2X+ in the next 30-45 days, well that's a big claim. So of course people like you should be giving me some heat. I think that's fine.

(Other: I have XCP, from POB stage, but economically, shareholders getting shares in a company based on how much money they throw in a bonfire, (Which is what POB was) is pretty crazy and I think they're going to run into medium term funding & development difficulties like Bitcoin. So I prefer the BitShares funding model.)

I hope other people will go to the website and forum and look at the development and draw their own conclusions. They're very close to being released and if you haven't bought before the day they are you're going to be like...

brian_23452

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:10:05 AM

A cursory review of your post history shows that you two, every couple of weeks post the same shit about how this shitcoin is "set to explode buy buy buy!!!!! this time we mean it guys!!!

Wow, way to ignore everything I said proving all you do is try to pump your shitcoin.  If you weren't so defensive, you would notice I quoted HIM, not you.  And if you checked his post history you would see that he does in fact pump this shitcoin every few weeks. 
Don't feel bad, he got confused too where he said "I could care less about drumming up the price as indicated in the thread subject...." as if he wrote the subject, not you.  It's almost as if you are working together.....

FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:22:46 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 11:33:06 AM by FandangledGizmo

Wow, way to ignore everything I said proving all you do is try to pump your shitcoin.  If you weren't so defensive, you would notice I quoted HIM, not you.  And if you checked his post history you would see that he does in fact pump this shitcoin every few weeks.  
Don't feel bad, he got confused too where he said "I could care less about drumming up the price as indicated in the thread subject...." as if he wrote the subject, not you.  It's almost as if you are working together.....

Sorry my first language is English, didn't realise you were a foreigner.

Shows that you two, every couple of weeks, post the same shit...

In English, that sentence states that I do this every couple of weeks. Maybe you will have more luck trolling in your first language.

As for him, he seems to be a long term BitShares specific supporter and promoter, I'm glad he's taken the time to add to this thread. I even value your input, though not as much... Smiley - As I said given the delays, as well as 'pumpy' nature of my personal price speculation thread, some of your points aren't without merit.
indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:49:19 AM

looks like a bag holder thread unfortunately
jshow5555

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:53:14 PM

I have a question about this DNS project of bitshares – how can they sell something that is not theirs. I know at the end of the day godaddy and the rest do the same, but they have a complex network that makes it almost look legit.
And in this project of theirs, Bitshares will sell domains that that do not belong to them and  to make matters worse the domains will not even be accessible by any browser.

Weird world.

FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:17:31 PM

I have a question about this DNS project of bitshares – how can they sell something that is not theirs. I know at the end of the day godaddy and the rest do the same, but they have a complex network that makes it almost look legit.
And in this project of theirs, Bitshares will sell domains that that do not belong to them and  to make matters worse the domains will not even be accessible by any browser.

Weird world.

Hi jshow5555, I'm not the most technical person but I believe The DNS will exist on a BitShares blockchain, so shareholders in BitShares-DNS are free to sell domain names that exist/created on it.

The advantages are -

- It's a decentralised top level domain and alternative to the traditional DNS system. So no central entity controls it. This makes your domain name resistant to being seized or compromised and you can only lose control when you choose to share your private key.

- In traditional DNS you would need to trust a certificate authority to communicate securely. This third party involvement opens you up to attackers who can spy on your communications. BitShares DNS addresses this issue by using blockchain technology much like what is used in Bitcoin.

- They've also got a new auctioning system that should mitigate the problem of domain name squatting.

-  It helps protect the values of the web by giving power back to the people.

The disadvantages are

I think you will need a 1-click browser extension install to access it. 

This system can exist in parallel with current systems, and software will be made available to use it.  Eventually once it's become popular enough the major browser vendors may provide integration with this system by default, but it will work fine without any support from existing DNS "authorities.

I hope that helps answer your question a bit, as I said I'm not very technical and BitShares DNS is the one upcoming DAC I haven't really been paying attention to.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: