Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:48:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitshares-PTS to double/triple in price in the next 45 days!!?  (Read 15203 times)
sfinder

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:23:11 PM

there are going to be 5 snapshot on PTS in the next couple weeks  and PTS price will go to the moon due to AGS donation is ending in 18 days

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shenjie

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:49:38 PM

so many snapshots!
are you dev or Photographer?
 Grin
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:34:57 AM

Joke all you guys want, when these DACS come out they will set a new precedent for alt coins. I see a very bright future for these types of innovations.

Lottoshares is another one that had a snapshot just recently. The code is in testing now and should be released soon.

dr_chen

Activity: 494
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:54:23 AM

there are going to be 5 snapshot on PTS in the next couple weeks  and PTS price will go to the moon due to AGS donation is ending in 18 days

PTS is  substantially undervalued.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:13:26 AM

What's the difference between buying in with PTS or AGS?

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:31:18 AM

Sadly none of these will get you any Bitshares (the main one) as it has already been quietly distributed.

Keep pumping to dump your PTS on unsuspecting newcomers.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:33:09 AM

This shitcoin is still around???  Weren't they supposed to pay everyone their bitshares-x like....4 months ago or something but never did?  

To be honest, I was a bit frustrated with length of time they've taken and would have liked BitShares XT tradeable earlier. However it should be worth the wait.

By comparison, I have circa 50% in Bitcoin still, though I like Bitcoin, it is pretty centralised because you only have to get to two people to destroy confidence in the system at a crucial time.
The confirmation times & transactions per second are excruciatingly slow hence the need for Bitpay etc.
But the big one for me is that a lot of merchants let you pay in Bitcoin but transfer straight to $.

BitShares X if it eventually is able to do what it says on the tin, will have a system that's more decentralised but with enough trust (knowing who will produce next block) that they can handle MasterCard/Visa volumes and process them incredibly rapidly. More importantly you will 'hopefully' be able to hold BitUSD or BitGold on a blockchain. So it's not a shitcoin, more like the - 'could change everything coin' so I guess actually you could call it 'the shit' coin Smiley

The first chain will have interest payments removed and be light on features but this is the idea for those that are interested. (Buying PTS now won't get you a stake in it, you'll have to wait a few weeks till it becomes tradeable.)

BitShares is a revolutionary new bank and exchange that could rival the value of the largest banks in the world such as JP Morgan and Bank of America in just a few years. How could this new upstart grow so quickly?  BitShares offers a bank account that earns 5% interest where funds can be transferred in minutes anywhere in the world with more privacy and security than a Swiss bank account.  Your account can never be frozen, your funds cannot be seized, and the bank can never face collapse due to loan defaults or fraud.  All of this is made possible without requiring any employees, lawyers, regulatory compliance, vaults, buildings, and other infrastructure required by traditional banks.  Unlike existing banks, you can hold your balance denominated in gold, silver, oil, or other commodities in additional to national currencies while earning 5% interest.  

In addition to acting as a bank, BitShares also serves as an exchange where currencies, commodities, and stock derivatives can be traded with most of the features used by professional traders including shorts and options.   The Bank takes a cut on every transaction and pays 100% of these transaction fees as dividends to the shareholders.  BitShares can achieve this feat using the same technology that makes Bitcoin possible, irrevocable decentralized automated consensus forming.    

You can keep track of progress and learn more here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=3.0

Yea right.  Every other day someone comes out with a coin that will "revolutionize everything".  I won't go through all of your points one by one, suffice to say though bitshares doesn't do any of the things you say it does.  Bitshares doesn't do anything, actually.  None of the "revolutionary" features are active.  They are all way overdue.  What you have is a lot of promises from a company that has failed to deliver on a single promise.

Yes there's been delays. Hence the low share price & volume. I believe BitShares XT & DPOS will be released in the next few weeks so that's one of the reasons why I believe there's a unique buying opportunity.

Waiting till something's released or all features are active is safer but not as lucrative.

You can see how development and testing is going here
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=3.0

You won't be getting any of those revolutionary bank or exchanges tokens with PTS. Why even speak of that in a PTS thread.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

delulo

Activity: 441

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:04:15 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 12:49:00 PM by delulo

All the drama aside...  I think the OP named the thread what it is to get the attention of people. It worked but it sounds a bit suspicious... Don't take it too serious guys!

All speculation / investment considerations aside... There are many innovative projects in the crypto space (like counterparty, Ethereum, NXT etc.), many hyped non- innovative marketing driven shitcoins, and many scams. I don't know how big the market demand will be and whether everything the Bitshares guys are doing will work.
But what I know is that Invictus and Bitshares is an honest and innovative endeavor! And in my Opinion bitshares is among the most interesting / innovative projects (it certainly is not just another coin, it is based on a different perspective on how to make use the the innovation introduced by Bitcoin) and the forum is intellectually appealing which makes it a good place to discuss things. I made the experience that BTT is not as open minded... Have a look https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=5.0

Form your own opinion on the uncertainties I mentioned above!! No project has no disadvantages!!!! But don't call it a scam. Consider that they are out there with their real identities. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5370.msg71622#msg71622 ... It is a group of about 15 (?) devs working (see github) all with their public identities out there. It is just not likely to be a scam...

And we all agree that missing deadlines and promises sucks but I guess that is the down side of taking a new and therefore innovative but risky (many unforeseen obstacles) path. The bitshares guys did not do a good job communicating this! It was too open. They said what they actually thought themselves at every moment (release in february for example) before they could be sure themselves...
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:42:55 PM

Sadly none of these will get you any Bitshares (the main one) as it has already been quietly distributed.

Expand?

FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:32:42 PM

This shitcoin is still around???  Weren't they supposed to pay everyone their bitshares-x like....4 months ago or something but never did?  

To be honest, I was a bit frustrated with length of time they've taken and would have liked BitShares XT tradeable earlier. However it should be worth the wait.

By comparison, I have circa 50% in Bitcoin still, though I like Bitcoin, it is pretty centralised because you only have to get to two people to destroy confidence in the system at a crucial time.
The confirmation times & transactions per second are excruciatingly slow hence the need for Bitpay etc.
But the big one for me is that a lot of merchants let you pay in Bitcoin but transfer straight to $.

BitShares X if it eventually is able to do what it says on the tin, will have a system that's more decentralised but with enough trust (knowing who will produce next block) that they can handle MasterCard/Visa volumes and process them incredibly rapidly. More importantly you will 'hopefully' be able to hold BitUSD or BitGold on a blockchain. So it's not a shitcoin, more like the - 'could change everything coin' so I guess actually you could call it 'the shit' coin Smiley

The first chain will have interest payments removed and be light on features but this is the idea for those that are interested. (Buying PTS now won't get you a stake in it, you'll have to wait a few weeks till it becomes tradeable.)

BitShares is a revolutionary new bank and exchange that could rival the value of the largest banks in the world such as JP Morgan and Bank of America in just a few years. How could this new upstart grow so quickly?  BitShares offers a bank account that earns 5% interest where funds can be transferred in minutes anywhere in the world with more privacy and security than a Swiss bank account.  Your account can never be frozen, your funds cannot be seized, and the bank can never face collapse due to loan defaults or fraud.  All of this is made possible without requiring any employees, lawyers, regulatory compliance, vaults, buildings, and other infrastructure required by traditional banks.  Unlike existing banks, you can hold your balance denominated in gold, silver, oil, or other commodities in additional to national currencies while earning 5% interest.  

In addition to acting as a bank, BitShares also serves as an exchange where currencies, commodities, and stock derivatives can be traded with most of the features used by professional traders including shorts and options.   The Bank takes a cut on every transaction and pays 100% of these transaction fees as dividends to the shareholders.  BitShares can achieve this feat using the same technology that makes Bitcoin possible, irrevocable decentralized automated consensus forming.    

You can keep track of progress and learn more here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=3.0

Yea right.  Every other day someone comes out with a coin that will "revolutionize everything".  I won't go through all of your points one by one, suffice to say though bitshares doesn't do any of the things you say it does.  Bitshares doesn't do anything, actually.  None of the "revolutionary" features are active.  They are all way overdue.  What you have is a lot of promises from a company that has failed to deliver on a single promise.

Yes there's been delays. Hence the low share price & volume. I believe BitShares XT & DPOS will be released in the next few weeks so that's one of the reasons why I believe there's a unique buying opportunity.

Waiting till something's released or all features are active is safer but not as lucrative.

You can see how development and testing is going here
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=3.0

You won't be getting any of those revolutionary bank or exchanges tokens with PTS. Why even speak of that in a PTS thread.

It's a fair point, though in the part you quoted a poster commented on BitShares X, so I responded to him as well as informed thread viewers what BitShares X was, and included the clear caveat -

(Buying PTS now won't get you a stake in it, you'll have to wait a few weeks till it becomes tradeable.)

Imo it is pretty relevant to the future BitShare-PTS price, because at the moment the valuation of PTS reflects that of a company that has some great DAC ideas & development but hasn't released much. If BitShares XT is released soon (while already allocated on 28/2/14) will significantly change the perception of BitShares and increase it's profile imo.  

Also to gauge the impact of future DAC's on PTS price, I think it was relevant to look at the impact BitShares X had, which was very large considering it was just 1 DAC from a new, unproven company & also that much of the demand for it was channelled via BitShares-AGS (Which is closing in 17 days).

But I take it on board. I would like to be able to discuss all aspects of Bitshares in this thread but I will try to make especially clear that BitShares X has already been allocated/snap-shotted.
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:15:25 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 06:04:06 PM by FandangledGizmo

there are going to be 5 snapshot on PTS in the next couple weeks  and PTS price will go to the moon due to AGS donation is ending in 18 days

Expand?

When he says BitShares he is referring to BitShares X, the Bank & Exchange DAC. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12.0
I actually agree with him that it has the potential to be the biggest.

That was allocated as I've mention many times on 28/02/2014. However it was done anything but quietly  Smiley They had up to that stage, probably even now, one of the longest, most public IPO's. It was advertised from November 2013 and only allocated at the end of Feb 2014.  If you look at http://www1.agsexplorer.com/ and zoom into the last few weeks of February you can see that just via BitShares AGS it was generating circa 150 BTC in investment a day + the equivalent value in BitShares-PTS donations. Also for example, The BitShares forum has over 5000 members. Counterparty & Mastercoin only have 600+ and 300+, respectively by comparison. (I own a decent amount of XCP though, but very little MSC.)

But of course the poster is free to offer his perspective. As for his second assertion

I think you might be able to pump/hype some low market CAP crypto-currency via a thread I guess. But BitShares-PTS is a $7 Million CAP and though I think it's a tightly wound spring, the only thing that will move the price in any meaningful way is significant BitShares progress/releases imo.  You can look at it's price history here, it's probably one of the most stable, least volatile/pumpable out there, for the last 3 months, https://coinmarketcap.com/pts_90.html

But of course with some posters it's catch 22  Smiley They either think you're 'pumping' something too much or if they miss it, they will feel you didn't do enough promoting and are therefore 'quietly distributing' it. But of course I do concede that while the title of thread will generate more interest it is also asking for some heat.  

But the last time I can remember being this excited and confident about something was actually Bitcoin, I was and still am a big gold bug. I used to post actively on a precious metals forum that has an absolutely great bunch of guys, but as I'm sure you're aware they can be pretty sceptical and negative about Bitcoin, 'It's not 'real' money  Smiley ' but I was so confident and excited I started this thread on 19/03/2013 http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f4/bitcoin-discussion-2207/

My first post was related to Cyprus bank confiscations -

I think regardless of your views on BC's as an alternative currency, it's pretty clear that people in southern Europe are realizing their bank deposits are at risk in a big way. So I believe the likelihood of Southern Europeans moving 600 million dollars in BC's this month > than the likelihood of a major event happening that destroys the price of BC's this month.

In the next post in the same thread I wrote,

I ask myself in this world with trillions of dollars of bank deposits under threat how much money could I see moving into a digital currency that is in principal decentralized, anonymous, and can't be artificially inflated beyond it's current construct. I can easily see more than 10 billion dollars going in there this year. Which would mean the price could easily increase 10-15 fold.

Both those predictions that I was confident enough to put about Bitcoin on a precious metals forum, - That Cyprus confiscations would be great for Bitcoin and that $10 Billion could go into Bitcoin into 2013 turned out to be pretty good.

So I while the pumpy nature of a price speculation thread will generate some heat, you can look at my post history, and see this is the first time I've started a thread promoting something and it's only because I'm as confident and excited about BitShares now as I was about Bitcoin in March 2013.
mozurt

Activity: 286

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:25:03 PM

Will AGS eventually be traded on one of the exchanges?
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:41:52 PM

Will AGS eventually be traded on one of the exchanges?

No, but it will get you a share in future DAC's as long as BitShares are creating DAC's &/or other developers making DAC's want to honour it.  

I also got this question via private message

What's the difference if I invest via the AGS or PTS?

The main difference is that PTS is liquid.

This means you can buy & sell it on an exchange like BTER or Crypsty.

The advantage is if you buy PTS, but decide you don't like it or you don't have faith in BitShares you can always sell it.
Or maybe if you just like 1/2 of the upcoming DAC's you can buy PTS, wait for the shares in those companies to be allocated and then sell your PTS afterwards. (Though the PTS price will probably be lower just after, ex-dividend like a normal company share.)

AGS on the other hand (which is only available for the next 17 days) is 'illiquid'
This means that your AGS will get you shares in all the future DAC's that are allocated after your donation but you can never sell your AGS, only the shares in the DAC's you are allocated via AGS when they become tradeable.

So which is better?

Well there will be 2 000 000 PTS in total and there will be 2 000 000 AGS creating a total of 4 Million.

Based on the averages at the moment, if you donated PTS to AGS or BTC to AGS today you would probably get 4-5X more AGS than the equivalent amount of $ would buy you of PTS. http://www1.agsexplorer.com/ (Though I expect that ratio to tighten up in the last few days of AGS donations.)

So personally, because I like BitShares and have confidence in it, nearly all my BitShares investment, 90% plus has been done via AGS because I think's it's better value, despite it being illiquid.

The other 10% is in PTS, but part of that is for a two month trade as I think we're going to see some developments soon and AGS closing means new demand for BitShares will have to flow through PTS.

So long term BitShares-AGS, I think a small investment here could be very rewarding.  
Short term I think there's a little PTS play here too as highlighted in the title.

Though this is predicated on the idea that there will be some significant developments soon, but clearly I'm a BitShares fan and supporter, I also have a two month trade predicated on the future price of PTS as indicated above. So please take the time to look at it, evaluate for yourself and draw your own conclusions.

https://bitsharestalk.org/
http://bitshares.org/  

If you are interested but sceptical, it may be a good to idea to wait till they release something that you & others you respect think is investment worthy. I suspect as long as you are aware and paying attention, then you should still be able to get in at a reasonable price even if you wait, then at least you have less of a risk as some people are suggesting of being exposed to some kind of pump/bagholder scenario.  
Korean

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:12:46 PM

How are you basing your ROI calculations on? How do these DAC generate the profit for you?
brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:44:31 PM

How are you basing your ROI calculations on? How do these DAC generate the profit for you?

They don't.  But the bags are getting sooooooo heavy.......
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:58:37 PM

How do these DAC generate the profit for you?

Most alt-coins at the moment are unprofitable, (BitCoin via inflation is effectively charging you $100 per $1000 of Bitcoin you own a year, paid to miners to process transactions and secure the network)

BitShares DAC's by contrast are designed not only to not have that problem but also to offer a product/service that makes them profitable and valuable as individual companies in their own right.

1. Profits from revenues generated from the product/service will either be distributed to shareholders as dividends or destroyed (thereby having the same effect by increasing your % stake.)

Some examples I can think of  -

BitSharesDNS - Will use an auction system to sell domain names, some of proceeds will be given to shareholders.
BitShares Lottery - A % from each lottery ticket will be given to shareholders.
BitShares XT (Already allocated 28/02/14, buying PTS now won't get you a stake in it) -  transaction fees, inactivity fees, and margin-call fees and the profits that result from charging these fees are paid to the shareholders.

2. The product/service will generally only be accessible for shares in the DAC, therefore the more popular the DAC becomes and the more people use it the more demand there will be for the shares.

How are you basing your ROI calculations on?

Evaluating ROI now with any accuracy is very hard, but for my personal view, it's clearly much higher than the current PTS price reflects.

Considering the amount of BTC donated in the last days of Bithares X allocation, as well as the drop in PTS price after the snapshot date, I think I concluded the market was already valuing that undelivered DAC from an unproven company at >$15 million+ at the time.

Though not released or linked to BitShares in any way, MaidSafeCoin is a DAC of sorts and even with a very unclear profit strategy, they have a current valuation of circa $7 million.

Beyond that, I don't have any indicators for gauging how the market might value some upcoming BitShares DAC's. It's a brand new area  but personally I believe blockchain based businesses will distrupt a lot of industries in a major way.  (Also remember that for BitShares X a lot of the demand went through BitShares AGS and in 17 days that all new demand will go to BitShares PTS.)  

I'm happy to try answer any questions I can, but I am a BitShares supporter and investor and have an interest in their success, please take the time to look at it, evaluate for yourself and draw your own conclusions.

https://bitsharestalk.org/
http://bitshares.org/  

I will also say again - If you are interested but sceptical, it may be a good to idea to wait till they release something that you & others you respect think is investment worthy. I suspect as long as you are aware and paying attention, then you should still be able to get in at a reasonable price even if you wait, then at least you have less of a risk as some people are suggesting of being exposed to some kind of pump/bagholder scenario.  
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:20:46 AM

'Behind the scenes with BitShares' - 2 min video they released this week.

http://vimeo.com/m/98988328

nikola384

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:03:47 PM

While I see convincing arguments why I should buy PTS, the price is going down  Wink
So I can load up for cheap! Great news for me!

clout

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:24:59 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 04:52:27 PM by clout

They don't.  But the bags are getting sooooooo heavy.......

Brian have you done any research into BitShares? I don't think you have. Or you would understand why pts is extremely undervalued and this is a good entry point for investing in next generation blockchain technology. Bitshares-PTS is a simple clone of bitcoin. Its specs are not where it gets its value from. The value of PTS comes from the fact that it gives you a share of future distributed autonomous companies that are being launched by Invictus Innovation and other developers using the bitshares_toolkit. I encourage you to check out the alfa testing that is going on currently.

Some major enhancements to the blockchain technology have already been implemented that make it much better than any other crypto-currnency/crypto-equity platforms to date

The BitShares platform uses Delegated Proof of Stake, which allows for greater, more effiecient security and transaction processing than bitcoin at a fraction of the cost. Blocks are produced every 15 seconds and *full* confirmation is around 12 minutes. If exchanges such as bter and mintpal uses the same confirmation metric as they currently use for bitcoin then your funds would be confirmed by the exchanges in 2 minutes and 6 minutes respectively. Won't that be great for arbitrage! Additionally, the testing network has sustained transaction volume of 50 - 100 transactions per second already. Bitcoin's 7 tps isnt even comparable.

Another key enhancement in the BitShares platform is TITAN (Transfer Invisibly to any Name). The BitShares blockchain allows users to register names in the blockchain. These names have an associated public key that can be used to derive child keys for the purpose of stealth addresses. Now you can send directly to names instead of cryptographic public keys and all transactions are inherently anonymous. There is no need for mixing, or master nodes.

Additionally, the current network also allows for user issued assets.

There has been a lot of innovation within the BitShares ecosystem as the developer have laid down the groundwork for optimized decentralized transaction processing which will in turn allow for the creation of better distributed autonomous companies. From what I know DNS and Bitshares Bank will be ready for testing very soon. Much of the delay for the DAC software has been due to the teams focus on creating a blockchain that renders all other blockchains obsolete. I encourage you to contribute to the testing and discussion on the forum. Bashing a project you have little information on is not constructive and there is a lot of money to be made in investing in this innovation.

For more information please visit:
brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:10:41 PM

They don't.  But the bags are getting sooooooo heavy.......

Brian have you done any research into BitShares? I don't think you have. Or you would understand why pts is extremely undervalued and this is a good entry point for investing in next generation blockchain technology. Bitshares-PTS is a simple clone of bitcoin. Its specs are not where it gets its value from. The value of PTS comes from the fact that it gives you a share of future distributed autonomous companies that are being launched by Invictus Innovation and other developers using the bitshares_toolkit. I encourage you to check out the alfa testing that is going on currently.

None of those "distributed autonomous companies" exist.  PTS gives you stake in non existent companies, hence its non existent value.  I wonder, can I buy these companies that don't exist yet, with dollars that don't exist yet?  I'm guessing that while they expect you to take their word that you will eventually get something, they don't take IOUs but only hard cash.  Funny how these scams always work the same way.

Some major enhancements to the blockchain technology have already been implemented that make it much better than any other crypto-currnency/crypto-equity platforms to date...

Yea sure.  Something like 400 altcoins exist and they all promise to be "major enhancements to blockchain technology".  Maybe they are and maybe they aren't but no one cares because you can't actually buy anything with them. 

The BitShares platform uses Delegated Proof of Stake (http://bitshares.org/delegated-proof-of-stake/), which allows for greater, more effiecient security and transaction processing than bitcoin at a fraction of the cost. Blocks are produced every 15 seconds and *full* confirmation is around 12 minutes.

Except the devs fucked up the difficulty re targeting so no one is mining it.  So transactions now take literally DAYS to confirm, not seconds or minutes.  Your first clue that they don't care should have been when they never fixed this.

Listen, I do appreciate PTS for what it was.  For a brief window of about 3 or 4  weeks, it was *immensely* profitable to mine.  I probably made more BTC in that one month mining PTS than I have made mining everything else put together before and since.  But come on that's all it ever was, a quick buck for the devs that the rest of us could ride along for.  When they took the snapshot and then never released the DAC that should have finally clarified for you that there was no substance behind the hype.  But then in that 3 day window when the difficulty was normalized, there people like you were again, still buying. 

So I get it, I get that you bought into the hype and bought these coins, and I appreciate that.  But the time to get out was months ago, back when you still had a chance of convincing people that these DACs were real.  Not now, after every deadline has been missed and no one believes it anymore.  It amuses me when I see you and the other pumpers trying to build up this coin so you can dump it off on some other unsuspecting new person.  Of course you all deny that's what you're doing but come on.  Really?  If you seriously believed all the hype about this coin that you spew, you wouldn't be altruistically sharing that information with us and thus diluting your own profits, you would just buy the coins quietly and keep your mouth shut.  You wouldn't be advertising, you would be hoping no one else notices! 

Anyways, you want to make money in this game?  Ditch the shitcoins and buy BTC.  It's a currency, not a fucking social movement or the answer to all of life's questions even the ones you didn't ask yet, so it doesn't have all the cute gimmicks.  It doesn't have some fake anonymity, or puny interest rate, or DACs, or shitty video games built into the browser, or whatever gimmicky shit people are putting in alt coins these days to cover up the fact that the currency can't actually be used as a currency.  BTC is boring, all you can do with it is buy shit. 
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: