Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 02:59:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitshares-PTS to double/triple in price in the next 45 days!!?  (Read 15217 times)
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:32:42 AM

Anyways, as that guy said, there is little reason to argue about this.  PTS is currently trading at 0.0069BTC on Cryptsy, we can all just come back in a month or two and see what new low it has achieved.

Well I guess you guys were right after all, PTS sure did double/triple in price, if by double/triple in price you meant lose 10% and still dropping. 

It was only me who specified a potential doubling in price by Aug 8th. I expected we would have a couple of snapshot announcements by then, as far as I can tell there are 2 snapshots that will be announced in Aug, but it's likely they will come after Aug 8th.
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:40:09 AM

I thought the price was supposed to double. I think the sellers haven't go the memo.

Looking into, and seeing other IPOs like Ethereum, Bitshares actually look good. The stealth support was unknown to me so that was a good surprise. I will invest the bit when more sellers come on market.

Agree, it's a best crypto IPO (distribution) which I know IMHO

To me the best distributions so far have been XCP and NEM. May be there are some others which have slipped my notice.
But as far as raising big money goes they have done well, though the rush to award themselves the coins well before while actually releasing it after IPO was over was very sneaky and successful.

I always find it funny people think XCP IPO was good, (I have XCP myself from POB stage), but burning all that potential development money was one of the biggest wastes in Crypto.

Besides having a long donation period and raising thousands of BTC via AGS and PTS, which is POW, so could also be mined. BitShares X has been trading far below the price those investors paid. So it has been even cheaper now for people to get in than the initial investors.
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:33:16 AM

Anyways, as that guy said, there is little reason to argue about this.  PTS is currently trading at 0.0069BTC on Cryptsy, we can all just come back in a month or two and see what new low it has achieved.

Well I guess you guys were right after all, PTS sure did double/triple in price, if by double/triple in price you meant lose 10% and still dropping. 

It was only me who specified a potential doubling in price by Aug 8th. I expected we would have a couple of snapshot announcements by then, as far as I can tell there are 2 snapshots that will be announced in Aug, but it's likely they will come after Aug 8th.

And despite that you are still going to put your faith in a company that has as of yet produced nothing of value, and is nothing but promises?  Some people never learn. 
Well good luck. 
clout

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:00:47 PM

And despite that you are still going to put your faith in a company that has as of yet produced nothing of value, and is nothing but promises?  Some people never learn. 
Well good luck. 

BitShareX was launched on July 19th... download the wallet at bitshares-x.info
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:41:32 PM

I've got a few PTS on Cryptsy and I want to move them to
a wallet in order to participate in future "snapshots" to allocate DAC shares ..

I went here .. to download a windows wallet  

http://bitshares.org/resources/downloads/

but, I get a "502 Bad Gateway" message ..

I checked the bitshares forum  (what a mess !! )
looking for a wallet link and only found a thread filled with comments
about how they can't get it to work ( the wallet that is ) ..

Whoever is responsible for the layout and management of the BitShares Forum
needs to make the wallet and basic coin description/attributes the first thing you find ..

Any help/guidance on this ??
TIA ..

Triff ..

megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:45:52 PM

I've got a few PTS on Cryptsy and I want to move them to
a wallet in order to participate in future "snapshots" to allocate DAC shares ..

I went here .. to download a windows wallet  

http://bitshares.org/resources/downloads/

but, I get a "502 Bad Gateway" message ..

I checked the bitshares forum  (what a mess !! )
looking for a wallet link and only found a thread filled with comments
about how they can't get it to work ( the wallet that is ) ..

Whoever is responsible for the layout and management of the BitShares Forum
needs to make the wallet and basic coin description/attributes the first thing you find ..

Any help/guidance on this ??
TIA ..

Triff ..

Yes. the forum needs a little house cleaning. Here is the link to the wallet.

https://github.com/BitShares/BitShares-PTS/releases

Triffin

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:53:20 PM

Thanks .. I'll trundle over there and have a look  Grin

Triff ..

huxdy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:01:58 AM

Bitshares is great  Cool
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:00:41 AM

The Decentralized Namespace Service

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6509

Announcing the Decentralized Namespace Service - get your share by holding PTS before the end of August 21st

Featuring:

.p2p  - .bit killer and DNS cash cow
KeyID - replacing usernames everywhere

Enabling services like

Browsing .p2p websites - no spying, no seizures!
"SignIn with KeyID" - think google/facebook signin only MORE SECURE. OUTRAGEOUSLY SECURE if the website is a .p2p site.
"KeyMail"  -  more on this later... will be a critical piece of infrastructure for BTS ecosystem as a whole

Features ready NOW (test net incoming):
* .p2p Punishing Throttled Auction (with hard-coded throttle) for initial distribution  -  more on this later
* .p2p Sell/Buy embedded market
* .p2p TITAN transfers
* KeyID "points" with upburn/downburn  - how much money will people spend adjusting a meaningless number associated with their account? Probably a bunch!
* Everything in the toolkit except Markets - *maybe* we will add BitUSD far in the future

Features ready at launch at end of august (hopefully, it's just a goal):
* Punishing auction throttle size set by delegates, with fallback to fixed rate
* .p2p "offers" - put up bids before a domain is for sale or before it even exists. Not everyone wants to risk the Punishing Auction.
* SignIn with KeyID  -  we can already do this with ID-to-ID but we want to be able to do ID-to-.p2p because then you can check the site you are logging in to is who you think it is

Features ready after launch:
* DNS servers / browser plugins / "invisible" clients  -  seamless browsing experience
* DNS delegates that act as smart oracles for other decentralized application platforms - ethereum, ripple, etc... KeyID usernames *all over crypto land*.

Allocation:

1bn to AGS
1bn to PTS
1bn MYSTERY sharedrops onto other crypto. Targets might include BTC, NMC, NXT, ETH (snapshot using presale), PPC. They will likely be scaled so that they all give the same price per DNS and all have the same price *disadvantage* compared to PTS - this is why I feel OK not disclosing the exact allocation yet.. UP TO 100m of the sharedrop *might* be reserved for backpay and bounties but I fear the consequences of perceived unfairness and so I'll probably try to avoid this.

7bn delegate subsidy, about 45% of the pool paid out per year.

Delegate subsidy equation (assuming 10 second blocks):
     block_pay = delegate_subsidy_remaining / 5000000
So the *maximum* number of new tokens created after T years is given by:
     7000000000 - (7000000000 * (1 - 1/5000000)^((3153600)*T))
(there are 3153600 blocks per year)

Watch out for:
* PAID positions for content creation and development (web, core client, and DNS infrastructure)
* Instructions for migrating Keyhotee and BTSX names
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:06:32 AM

Announcing the VOTE DAC (SNAPSHOT DATE: 8-21-14)

In democratic societies throughout the world, elections are plagued with accusations of illegitimacy stemming from all sorts of issues, such as flawed registration processes, inconsistent voter ID laws, cases of widespread voter fraud, non-sensible restrictions, vulnerable voting machine technology, and a general lack of transparency.

We must acknowledge that the key issue that needs to be solved is the lack of transparency in government run elections, in the Unites States and across the globe. If we can properly address this singular issue, we’d essentially solve all the other problems that plague the industry and would have the opportunity to begin hosting accurate elections that result in an agreeable consensus.

With the 2016 U.S. Presidential and Congressional Elections right around the corner, it seems that the time has finally come to leverage the latest technology to develop a voting system that permits the hosting of secure and transparent elections with agreeable outcomes that makes efficient use of taxpayer money.

In today’s world, it is finally possible to host verified and transparent elections in an end-to-end voting system encoded within a Decentralized Autonomous Company (DAC). A voting DAC is the key to solving the transparency problem current electronic voting systems face today, as it provides a valuable service that allows people to vote in elections that are secure, transparent, and free from corruption.

In the near future, Follow My Vote will releasing the first voting DAC in history using the BitShares Toolkit for building DACs, which will be called the VOTE DAC. Development will happen in stages, with the first stage being the development of a proto-DAC, as it will be released with limited features. We will refer to the partial ownership of the VOTE DAC as a VOTE or VOTES, similar to how one would refer to owning shares of a traditional company. Launching initially as a proto-DAC will allow for the trading of VOTES while the remaining features are under development.

The VOTE allocation of Follow My Vote’s VOTE DAC will include 10 billion VOTES. Half (50%) of the VOTES (5 billion to be exact) will be allocated over time to delegates that will be responsible for maintaining the blockchain throughout the life of the company, starting with 50% allocated within the first year of operations and 50% of the remaining VOTES thereafter, year over year. The other 5 billion VOTES will be allocated up front to, among other things, cover the cost of the development of the DAC itself and marketing necessary to acquire its initial user base.

The share allocation for 'The Vote DAC' is as follows with more detail about the breakdown given in the link -  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6508

4.2.2) BitShares PTS: 1.5 billion VOTES
4.2.3) BitShares AGS: 1.5 billion VOTES
4.2.4) Follow My Vote: 1.5 billion VOTES
4.2.5) NuSpark: 50 million VOTES
4.2.6) Virginia Tech: 50 million VOTES
4.2.7) New River Valley: 400 million VOTES

Check Out Follow My Vote’s Whitepaper For More Info!
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:09:07 AM

Double BitShares-PTS snapshot announced for Aug 21st! (See two posts above)

1. The Decentralized Namespace Service - get your share by holding PTS before the end of August 21st

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6509

2. The VOTE DAC (SNAPSHOT DATE: 8-21-14)

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6508
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:09:14 AM

Many thanks for the updates guys it is very much appreciated.  I wish I could have bought some on the dip but funds were tight and people weren't selling much IMO.  I hope to be holding some pts before the boom I suspect will come.  Exciting tings in Plans for Bitshares and I'll be watching closely with much anticipation.  Big ups the the Devs and community!
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:44:30 AM

so the news released for bitshares-pts is referencing angelshares and protoshares in the snapshot.  are bitshares (btsx) included in the snapshot or is this specifically for protoshares holders?

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:54:09 AM

so the news released for bitshares-pts is referencing angelshares and protoshares in the snapshot.  are bitshares (btsx) included in the snapshot or is this specifically for protoshares holders?

Correct it is referencing AGS & PTS. (& no BTSX is not included in the snapshot.)

It can be a bit confusing, but BTSX is the bank & exchange DAC, so only future Bank & Exchange versions will snapshot BTSX.

AGS & BitShares-PTS (protoshares) are the ones completely new DAC's will snapshot off the first time.

Triffin

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:58:23 AM

BitShares-PTS (protoshares) is the one completely new DAC's will snapshot off the first time.

Is there a 'step by step' description of the 'snapshot' process somewhere ??
I assume you have to hold your Bitshares-PTS in your local wallet and then ?? 

Triff ..

jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:00:32 AM

thanks for the response, and angelshares is not traded anywhere that i can see correct? (why would you lol you invested in something awesome)
so i picked up a few protoshares, had more a few months ago but didnt really know what it meant.  
I cant wait for btsx bank/exchnage in wallet to open up Cheesy

FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:11:33 AM

BitShares-PTS (protoshares) is the one completely new DAC's will snapshot off the first time.

Is there a 'step by step' description of the 'snapshot' process somewhere ??
I assume you have to hold your Bitshares-PTS in your local wallet and then ??  

Triff ..

Yes you just have to have them in your local wallet at the time of the snapshot. (After the snapshot date you can sell the PTS if you want. When the DAC is released the DAC wallet will know when you import your PTS wallet or the private key how many you held on snapshot date and therefore how many shares in the new DAC you get.)

(Some of the exchanges may honour the snapshot too, like bter & BTC38 did for PTS that was on their exchange at snapshot time, but it's not guaranteed.)

The FAQ has some good info http://bitshares.org/faq/
As does the BitShares wiki http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Main_Page
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:15:16 AM

thanks for the response, and angelshares is not traded anywhere that i can see correct? (why would you lol you invested in something awesome)
so i picked up a few protoshares, had more a few months ago but didnt really know what it meant.  
I cant wait for btsx bank/exchnage in wallet to open up Cheesy

Correct. Angelshares is how they raised development funds. There was a 200 day donation period that raised a few thousand BTC.

http://www1.agsexplorer.com/

It's one of the reasons, I started this thread. I think the PTS price will do very well now that it is the main vehicle for new investment in BitShares related DAC's.
jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:23:52 AM

great thanks again

madawc

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:51:37 AM

What would you recommend me to buy-PTS or BTSX? I have about 17k BTSX and no PTS.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: