Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:13:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Armory - Weapon Marketplace  (Read 60517 times)
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 11:09:38 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2012, 11:22:16 PM by Otoh

its a false sense of security (last i checked which was a few years ago).  per capita, the UK has just slight HIGHER rates of murder.
The US has always been higher.  The most recent numbers have 4.8 (US) to 1.23 (UK) per 100,000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

triplehelix - ur tripping dood, everyone knows US>UK for that since forever & nearly 4 times > WTG gunslingers on ur "just slight HIGHER rates of murder" lol

edit: guessing that the UK murder rates may have increased in the last few years, don't think that it was so PolPot before that though compared to the US, 3.9% difference doesn't make this possible & before it was maybe more on your end, like 5% or 6% more

If the point of this debate is that more gun laws = less crime, then you lose, Otoh. Mexico has much stricter gun laws than the USA, and rates of homicide are 300% higher in Mexico. Mexico did not allow any right to bear arms until 1917. Still severely restricted today. See here: https://davekopel.org/Espanol/Mexican-Gun-Laws.htm

nope, that was not my point, it was solely to point out the inaccuracy in that guy's post stating that there was a higher murder rate ever in the UK than in the States, ever - except maybe in the medieval ages or something 1,000 BC

the possible reasons for it I don't wish to go there, it's the Internets FFS, same reason I don't argue creationism/science here, what do you expect

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 11:18:20 PM

nope, that was not my point, it was solely to point out the inaccuracy in that guy's post stating that there was a higher murder rate ever in the UK than in the States, ever - except maybe in the middle ages or something 1,000 BC

Ok then.

But i think if the USA had twenty cameras on every street corner like UK, there'd be lower homicide rate.

Liberty does not lead to an abundance of morality. IMO, increased liberty leads to moral decay.

triplehelix

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 11:25:28 PM

nope, that was not my point, it was solely to point out the inaccuracy in that guy's post stating that there was a higher murder rate ever in the UK than in the States, ever - except maybe in the medieval ages or something 1,000 BC

the possible reasons for it I don't wish to go there, it's the Internets FFS, same reason I don't argue creationism/science here, what do you expect

yeah, i posted again saying it probably wasn't the murder rate, but crimes commited with weapons (knife vs gun), where the UK has a much higher rate than in the US.
zer0

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 06:17:36 AM

slight problem: how do you ship clandestine ammunition? almost all international mail goes on passenger aircraft in the cargohold, and I witnessed them during my 8mos stunt after highschool as a ramp runner being run over, slammed around, forked by forklifts, and all sorts of other issues like it rolling around inside the plane and being crushed into the wall during emergency landing.

there's a good reason you're supposed to declare ammunition to the captain before they take off. then again, they do stealth ship Thermite out of Estonia and Hungary in the mail so I guess it could be worse.

hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 12:16:00 PM

For those of you saying more guns = more crime, how about you explain Switzerland to me then. Almost every house has a military rifle and it's one of the safest low crime places on this planet.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 12:26:32 PM

For those of you saying more guns = more crime, how about you explain Switzerland to me then. Almost every house has a military rifle and it's one of the safest low crime places on this planet.

No africans and mexicans on Switzerland?  Roll Eyes

Now a serious answer: No poverty. Good social security. The former being a consequence of the latter.
I have family there, uncles and cousins. I know a little more about Switzerland than what's on wikipedia Smiley
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 01:02:46 PM

free heroin Tongue

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 01:24:18 PM

free heroin Tongue

ROFLMFAO

yeah, that's included on the Good Social Security system I talked about.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 03:48:08 PM

For those who believe if someone says "More guns do not mean you will have less crime":

My beliefs are more guns != less crime and more guns != more security --> please note that I do specific NEGATIONS.

If I say "It doesn't rain outside" you still can't draw any conclusion about the weather - it could be snowing, sunny, foggy, cloudy...

I say that you can NOT fight crime, invasion by any enemy force (aliens always seem to target the USA in movies...) or increase personal security by just making it as easy as possible for everyone to get a firearm.
This does NOT mean that you will have less crime, not be invaded or have awesome personal security just by banning firearms.

Read up a bit about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_conclusion_from_a_negative_premise

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
zer0

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 05:29:35 PM

It's a complete myth you can't easily get weapons in Canada. Right now the Canadian gun market is flooded with brand new Russian and Chinese SKS rifles w/bayonets (which apparently you can't buy anymore in the US, oddly enough) and you can buy them in lots of 10 for only $100 each, or $200-300 for a single one. Simply cut the pin in the magazine  that restricts it to 5 rounds (i think it's 5 rounds) or mail order a banana clip and there's your militia rifle.

They aren't 'restricted' either, anybody with a firearms cert can get one, and getting a FAC is dead easy unless you're a criminal.

Canada is also one of the few places on earth where you can carry loaded weapons on an airplane going up north. There's a few carriers I remember that allowed it, since there's a good chance freakin polar bears are hanging around the runway in Tuktoyaktuk.

As for Canadians ordering from a site like this it's automatic 2 years in prison if you get caught with a loaded restricted weapon and no license. At least get your FAC, then order your anonymous guns it shaves down the sentence to misdemeanor unless you're a known gangster

Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2012, 05:45:51 PM

It's a complete myth you can't easily get weapons in Canada. Right now the Canadian gun market is flooded with brand new Russian and Chinese SKS rifles w/bayonets (which apparently you can't buy anymore in the US, oddly enough) and you can buy them in lots of 10 for only $100 each, or $200-300 for a single one. Simply cut the pin in the magazine  that restricts it to 5 rounds (i think it's 5 rounds) or mail order a banana clip and there's your militia rifle.
You mean you don't remember all of those bank robberies committed with bayonets?!

Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 06:13:30 PM

100 years later:

"Daddy, why does the man in the statue have a kitchen knife taped to his gun?"
pandemic

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 06:44:07 AM

They aren't 'restricted' either, anybody with a firearms cert can get one, and getting a FAC is dead easy unless you're a criminal.

Canada is also one of the few places on earth where you can carry loaded weapons on an airplane going up north. There's a few carriers I remember that allowed it, since there's a good chance freakin polar bears are hanging around the runway in Tuktoyaktuk.

As for Canadians ordering from a site like this it's automatic 2 years in prison if you get caught with a loaded restricted weapon and no license. At least get your FAC, then order your anonymous guns it shaves down the sentence to misdemeanor unless you're a known gangster

Better check your facts. Yes you can get SKS rifles for pretty cheap. If you "simply cut the pin in the magazine" it turns into a MAJOR criminal offense. Also, no airline carrier is going to allow a loaded firearm on a plane. You have to have the weapons locked up and safe. FAC hasn't been used for years. PAL is the new license. It's not "dead easy" to get either. There's a written and practical test, background check, and paperwork to go through to get it. Not hard but not 'dead easy'.
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 02:35:41 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2012, 03:27:52 PM by vampire

Quote from: foggyb
If the point of this debate is that more gun laws = less crime, then you lose, Otoh. Mexico has much stricter gun laws than the USA, and rates of homicide are 300% higher in Mexico. Mexico did not allow any right to bear arms until 1917. Still severely restricted today. See here: https://davekopel.org/Espanol/Mexican-Gun-Laws.htm

Lol comparing mexico with drug cartels that own towns.

NYC pretty much banned all weapons, the violent crime rate is low. The largest city in USA didn't even get in top 30, Detroit with CC is number one.
Omni

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 02:48:11 PM

There are very few legit offers on the Armory. I mean.... Its not like I have ever been on it..  Roll Eyes
I wouldn't be too worried yet.

stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 05:52:08 PM

NYC pretty much banned all weapons, the violent crime rate is low. The largest city in USA didn't even get in top 30, Detroit with CC is number one.

1) Correlations don't establish cause-and-effect
2) Cherry picking correlations in an attempt to prove one's point is disingenuous.

As Holliday pointed out, Baltimore is hard to explain away based on gun laws there.  What's more, Baltimore is in Maryland, one of the most restrictive gun law states.  While most states are what's called "shall issue" (i.e. states issue CC permits based purely on background check), Maryland is one of the few "may issue" states where you need a "good reason" to CC.

Bottom line: criminals have guns regardless of which state they're in because they don't obey the law by definition.  They obtain guns easily for cash with no background check and carry them concealed all the time.  Laws can't stop this.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
vampire

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 06:45:57 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2012, 07:04:25 PM by vampire

1) Correlations don't establish cause-and-effect
2) Cherry picking correlations in an attempt to prove one's point is disingenuous.

As Holliday pointed out, Baltimore is hard to explain away based on gun laws there.  What's more, Baltimore is in Maryland, one of the most restrictive gun law states.  While most states are what's called "shall issue" (i.e. states issue CC permits based purely on background check), Maryland is one of the few "may issue" states where you need a "good reason" to CC.

Bottom line: criminals have guns regardless of which state they're in because they don't obey the law by definition.  They obtain guns easily for cash with no background check and carry them concealed all the time.  Laws can't stop this.

Btw in Baltimore:

Concealed carry by permit
No permit to buy a handgun
Violent rate a lot less than detroit

Bottom line it's very hard to get a gun in NYC and in 40 years it become docile.
vampire

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 07:42:16 PM

Btw in Baltimore:

Concealed carry by permit

LOL! If you are brother of the mayor, maybe. You have similar chances of getting one in NY state.

No permit to buy a handgun

But you have to pass a Federal background check to purchase a handgun in either state.

Violent rate a lot less than detroit

Detroit - Violent crime per 100,000 people = 1,887.4

Baltimore - Violent crime per 100,000 people = 1,455.8

Detroit - Murder per 100,000 people = 34.5

Baltimore - Murder per 100,000 people = 34.8

Bottom line it's very hard to get a gun in NYC and in 40 years it become docile.

Bottom line, it's very hard to get a gun in Baltimore, and it's a shit hole.

Seriously, what's the point of throwing out numbers that fit your preconceived notions? We could probably go back and forth all day. As long as we don't force each other to live by what we think is correct, everything is peachy.

Now you are just lying, not surprised. In MD you can get a handgun easily without a state license.

25% less crime is huge, keep it coming.
vampire

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 08:06:08 PM

Now you are just lying, not surprised. In MD you can get a handgun easily without a state license.

25% less crime is huge, keep it coming.

I said you needed to pass a Federal background check in both states. I never said anything about a state license.

Personally, I wouldn't live in Detroit or Baltimore.  Roll Eyes

You said that its hard to get a gun, it isn't hard to get a gun at all. MD has only restrictions on CC.

In NYS you need a license for handguns, NYC has very restrictive licensing aside from NYS license. Handguns don't prevent crimes. People think its easy to shoot someone under stress, it's actually very hard.

Defensive weapons like shotguns do, easy to use and handle.

Most people with handguns don't know how to handle them, because no one requires them to take any training. Most of the guns that criminals use were stolen from clueless owners or bought by family members. The owners of these guns should be responsible very dearly for misuse of weapons.

vampire

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 05:13:17 AM

You said that its hard to get a gun, it isn't hard to get a gun at all. MD has only restrictions on CC.

I stand corrected. It's very difficult to purchase a handgun in New York.

LOL. You're so silly. Buffallo has CC. in NYC hard to get a weapon, but NYS has CC.

Buffalo, NY is 7th on the violent crime per 100,000 list.

Exactly the point. In the same state a city that has CC and a city that doesn't. Lets see stats are again against you.

Handguns don't prevent crimes.

Now that is a lie.

Nice talking to you. I think I'll start carrying two pistols now.  Wink

They don't. If someone pulls a gun on you, you will be dead before you'll get yours out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: