Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:09:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bytecoin [BCN] vs MONERO [XMR] who will be the winner in the Cryptonote War  (Read 15697 times)
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:21:09 PM

I don't advocate Monero
I simply despise scam coins with scam premines like Bytecoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
feina24h

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

Monero is way better,No Premine and devs are active plus huge community

Fair Launch, No Premine and Active Devs = Logicoin
stabland

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:08:57 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 03:30:07 PM by stabland

I don't advocate Monero

YOU simply HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:17:28 PM

Just some simple market facts:

BCN:

24-hour Volume: 6 (coinmarketcap.com)
Only 6 buy orders and 12 btc of support (on polo, no other exchange accepts it)

XMR:

24-hour Volume: 187
Plenty of buy orders and 118 btc of support on poloniex (and now add mintpal/bittrex/hibtc/bter)

Nobody wants BCN. It's no wonder that their devs have to buy hero member's account or make countless newbie account in order to hype their coin. How else would they able to unload their 80% (pre)mined coin?
stabland

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:41:06 PM

MONERO = PUMP'N'DUMP (because monero "devs" has to return money they wasted to it)

Do you really think somebody spent $8000 for Mintpal voting just because he is kind Santa?
Do you think they rent enormous amounts of  amazon servers and botnets just for fun? LOOOOOOL

PUMP! PUMP! PUMP! AND DUMP. Dump is coming!
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:46:48 PM

What's the prize? They're both dead on arrival. Bloat bloat bloat.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:47:23 PM

This isn't even a competition. Monero's long term competition is Bitcoin with Side chains, the CryptoNote war is already over.
stabland

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:48:16 PM

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/24409000/ngbbs50e4c4e6e051d.jpg
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:49:06 PM

The pool bloat is now over, the Monero chain grows about 40mb per week. This is a good deal for an anonymous coin.

So it's not "bloat, bloat, bloat".

Do some research and you'll be smarter for it.
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:51:08 PM

The pool bloat is now over, the Monero chain grows about 40mb per week. This is a good deal for an anonymous coin.

It seems to me that before entering a race, your vehicle should at least be able to move.

Adaptive block sizing means right now it's hard to get money around in XMR chain because it is saturated. However, over the next hour the blockchain will expand its blocksize and this will be less of an issue. Please wait for your tx to be included in the blockchain.

Just wait for your tx to be included. That'll work well. You guys are a riot. Also I was not referring to pool bloat, but denomination bloat. Your blockchain will be many times larger than a standard blockchain. Can you say centralization?
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:51:47 PM

"You win"

Actually no.

Monero is now only growing at double the bitcoin blockchain rate.

20mb vs 40mb per week.

So you're either saying that it's not worth having an anonymous coin if the blockchain is double the size per week than Bitcoin, or you just have no idea what you're talking about.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:52:53 PM

It seems to me that before entering a race, your vehicle should at least be able to move.

Adaptive block sizing means right now it's hard to get money around in XMR chain because it is saturated. However, over the next hour the blockchain will expand its blocksize and this will be less of an issue. Please wait for your tx to be included in the blockchain.

Just wait for your tx to be included. That'll work well. You guys are a riot.

Except we are moving, and fast.

You're either misinformed or just spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt.
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:54:29 PM

Just wait for your tx to be included. That'll work well. You guys are a riot.

Except we are moving, and fast.

You're either misinformed or just spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt.
Fast? Hilarious. I'll check back in a year, and I doubt that it'll be ready for prime time even then. You are the one who is misinformed if you think Monero is even close to being even usable.
stabland

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:55:13 PM

"You win"

Actually no.

Monero is now only growing at double the bitcoin blockchain rate.

20mb vs 40mb per week.

So you're either saying that it's not worth having an anonymous coin if the blockchain is double the size per week than Bitcoin, or you just have no idea what you're talking about.

YEAAAAAH! MORE BOTNETS FOR MONERO!
darkota

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:55:26 PM

Darkcoin Facts:

1) 50% Instamine by the devs at launch, Darkcoin devs had Block Reward set to 500 coins per block, they hold over 1million Darkcoins in their posession

2) Masternodes are a centralized entity, if someone bought up all the masternodes, they would de-anonymize Darkcoin

3) Darkcoin uses coinjoin for mixing, the maker of coinjoin, gmaxwell, stated that Coinjoin itself is hardly even anonymous, and that Darkcoin's "anonymity" is a joke.

4) Darkcoin's name affiliates it with Dark acitivities, like drugs, the Darkweb, etc, no normal bitcoin user, not to mention regular joe, will ever use Darkcoin

5) Dozenz more of issues, they're too long to list on this thread

Bytecoin Facts:

1) 82% instamine by a small group of miners over the course of 2 years

2) Bytecoin devs are shown to be incompetant, they recently tried copy/pasting code from other Cryptonote coins and it resulted in their own codebase getting even buggier than it really is, resulting in users loosing their coins when they sent them in a transaction.

What do Darkcoin and Bytecoin have in common? They were both hugely unfairly mined, with Darkcoin having a 50% instamine at it's launch by it's own development team, and Bytecoin having a 82% premine over the 2 years it was kept secret by a very small group of miners.

darkota

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:58:15 PM

I own 210 Darkcoins, which is the most of any altcoin I own.

However, I am not deluded as some Darkcoin fanboys are.

Darkcoin's own devs freaking instamined the coin by 50%, 50 fucking percent! Who do you think those top addresses with 200k dark each in them belong to? The Devs!!

Darkcoin's name itself will never gain it acceptance by Anyone.

Darkcoin's "anonymity" is based off coinjoin, and gmaxwell, the maker of coinjoin, even said that it's hardly anonymous, and that Darkcoin's "anonymity" is a joke!

The only reason Darkcoin is going up in price, is it's being pumped and dumped over and over again by large whales for profit, I've seen 300 btc+ buy walls been put up just to drive the price up, so the whales can dump. Once RC4 is over, Darkcoin will not be supported by those large whales anymore, and the price will come crashing down to nothing.
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:58:57 PM

Darkcoin FUD:

I already explained to you in another thread that masternodes will be trustless through encrypted data. There will be no way for masternode owners to unmask transactions through collusion. Darkcoin made serious improvements to Coinjoin, Gmaxwell's comments refer to the old version. Point number 4 is abject bullshit because there are already users of Darkcoin who are not criminals. Also I'm glad if the devs have alot of Darkcoin. I wouldn't support the project if they didn't.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:00:48 PM

Fast? Hilarious. I'll check back in a year, and I doubt that it'll be ready for prime time even then. You are the one who is misinformed if you think Monero is even close to being even usable.

Interesting.

I have moved lots of Monero around and run into no issues at all.

I see, you're not misinformed, you're the one trying to misinform. I will remember you as a liar.

darkota

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:01:31 PM

Darkcoin FUD:

I already explained to you in another thread that masternodes will be trustless through encrypted data. Darkcoin made serious improvements to Coinjoin, Gmaxwell's comments refer to the old version. Point number 4 is abject bullshit because there are already users of Darkcoin who are not criminals.

You're just speaking fucking bullshit and you know it. I know you are always in the darkcoin thread, and I know you have huge stake in Darkcoin. You should really think about not putting down other coins which hardly have any issues, like even Bytecoin. Cause Darkcoin has a HELL of a lot of issues.

Serious improvements to coinjoin my ass. Gmaxwell comments are not for the old version, he made those comments less than 4 weeks ago.

Darkcoin's name will always be affiliated with the Darkweb, and DRUGS. No one in their right mind will ever use that coin to purchase anything.

Think twice before commenting on other coins, even Bytecoin with it's 82% premine is more reputable than Darkcoin with it's 50% instamine...by it's own Developers!
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:01:42 PM

Darkcoin FUD:

I already explained to you in another thread that masternodes will be trustless through encrypted data. Darkcoin made serious improvements to Coinjoin, Gmaxwell's comments refer to the old version. Point number 4 is abject bullshit because there are already users of Darkcoin who are not criminals. Also I'm glad if the devs have alot of Darkcoin. I wouldn't support the project if they didn't.

The coinjoin concept is trustless by default. How does encrypting data make a difference? You seriously have no idea what you are talking about.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: