Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:23:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bytecoin [BCN] vs MONERO [XMR] who will be the winner in the Cryptonote War  (Read 15697 times)
iso3789 (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:47:25 PM

Dear Cryptonote followers

I've started this thread because some of you are discussing this on the Coinmarketcap thread and that's the wrong place for that.

So let's talk here about the pros and cons of this two innovative coins and write your opinion down
why MONERO or BYTECOIN is better

Let's have fun and don't be to personally!

Don't forget we are all in the same boat because everyone of us likes Cryptonotes!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:56:38 PM

XMR is not 83% premined.
end of discussion lol
+1

The real question is not so much about Bytecoin, but of the other Cryptonote coins, which one will acheive widest adoption? The most focus now is on Monero, but Fantomcoin and Quazarcoin are of the same family and have their own unique properties. People should check those out in addition to XMR.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
HardwarePal

Activity: 565
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:59:33 PM

The one that has the biggest community , no scams behind it (underground 80% premine).
But all in all it needs the three devs BBR's - XMR's - BCN's willingness to work on there projects and fix the flaws.

XMR is the leader in my opinion and will prevail.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 10:01:53 PM

XMR is not 83% premined.
end of discussion lol
+1

The real question is not so much about Bytecoin, but of the other Cryptonote coins, which one will acheive widest adoption? The most focus now is on Monero, but Fantomcoin and Quazarcoin are of the same family and have their own unique properties.

Quazarcoin has none unique property. It just copies Monero from the start and that with a lag...

XMR for me too because i own some. And i own XMR instead of BCN because of the premine and active community. You may call it whatever you like but noone serious would ever invest in something a few people hold 82% of it...And by few i expect it to be less than 25...

As for fantomcoin i dont really know but why would i need it?
c789

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:06:07 PM

XMR is not 83% premined.
end of discussion lol
+1

The real question is not so much about Bytecoin, but of the other Cryptonote coins, which one will acheive widest adoption? The most focus now is on Monero, but Fantomcoin and Quazarcoin are of the same family and have their own unique properties.

Quazarcoin has none unique property. It just copies Monero from the start and that with a lag...

XMR for me too because i own some. And i own XMR instead of BCN because of the premine and active community. You may call it whatever you like but noone serious would ever invest in something a few people hold 82% of it...And by few i expect it to be less than 25...

Quazarcoin has a longer block period and a slower release phase. Those make it different.

Fantomcoin offers merged mining and 18.4 million coins vs 184 Billion coins of BCN. Those make it different. Also, less coins means more value per coin.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:07:19 PM

Those who only own Bytecoin will probably call Monero a copy-and-paste clone. Those who only own Monero will probably call Bytecoin a premined scam. Both descriptions are incorrect although they have some sense of truth in them and I think neither coin is necessarily "better" than the other simply because each one has its own pros and cons.

Bytecoin pros:

They were the first to implement CryptoNote.
Skilled dev team who wrote the code and understand it.

Bytecoin cons:

Poor distribution as most coins were mined by the deep web community.

Monero pros:

Much more transparent distribution.
Benefits from a much more inclusive community.

Monero cons:

Dev team didn't write the code themselves and so are probably less familiar with it.
HardwarePal

Activity: 565

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:12:06 PM

Those who only own Bytecoin will probably call Monero a copy-and-paste clone. Those who only own Monero will probably call Bytecoin a premined scam. Both descriptions are incorrect although they have some sense of truth in them and I think neither coin is necessarily "better" than the other simply because each one has its own pros and cons.

Bytecoin pros:

Bytecoin cons:

Monero pros:

Monero cons:

Dev team didn't write the code themselves and so are probably less familiar with it.

Like I said all Cryptonote coins will help each other if the devs keep on working.

BCN will be "haunted" forver imo due to the bad distribution whatever the devs do.

I would rather lose my investment on XMR than try to persuade people that BCN's distribution was fair.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 10:18:26 PM

XMR is not 83% premined.
end of discussion lol
+1

Quazarcoin has a longer block period and a slower release phase. Those make it different.

Fantomcoin offers merged mining and 18.4 million coins vs 184 Billion coins of BCN. Those make it different. Also, less coins means more value per coin.

As i have written again less coins doesnt mean something has more value. Some diseases are rare but not valuable...Merge mining is good but i see no purpose right now...

As for Quazrcoin much difference such wow
slb

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 10:26:54 PM

I prefer developers over speculators, so Bytecoin is my choice Smiley Do you really prefer Darkcoin situation or Bytecoin situation? Developers should have credit. Forks count show it all. I don't think there will be clear winner tho.
BTW nobody knows anything about Bytecoin coin distribution. It's anonymous coin, remember Wink Any premine statement about how many people have those 80% are just nonsense.

Forknote (create cryptocurrenies easy) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1079306.0
Dashcoin (anonymous cryptocurrency) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1020627.0
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:29:33 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 02:05:30 AM by Bizmark13

Bytecoin pros:

Bytecoin cons:

Monero pros:

Monero cons:

Like I said all Cryptonote coins will help each other if the devs keep on working.

BCN will be "haunted" forver imo due to the bad distribution whatever the devs do.

I would rather lose my investment on XMR than try to persuade people that BCN's distribution was fair.

Yes, the mysterious distribution is my biggest concern with Bytecoin and it's the reason why I didn't go all the way with BCN but invested in Monero as well. Another fact to consider which I forgot to mention is that the distribution opens the price to possible manipulation (i.e. a BCN whale could seriously crash the price). This is not the case with Monero, of course.

Interestingly, the distribution of Bytecoin has many parallels with NXT's initial distribution and attempts by the community to launch forks of NXT with a wider initial distribution.

Finally, there is the moral question to consider among this all. Bytecoin was the one that started it all, and to have it fail would, to me, represent a failure of open source principles. It is apparent that whoever wrote the code behind Bytecoin and its forks put in a lot of effort into it and so there is also the moral idea that the Bytecoin devs have every right to reap the rewards of their creation.

EDIT/DISCLAIMER: I am invested 50:50 in both BCN and XMR.
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:37:07 PM

Monero obviously.

Bytecoin didnt even have a working Miner for christs sakes...PLUS it has a 82% premine....

The premine can be found on the Bytecoin Blockchain geniuses, just because a coin is anonymous and you can't identify a address to a person, doesnt mean that you cant see that 83% of Bytecoins entire coin supply was mined before it became known.

The Bytecoin Blockchain is proof of the premine..Anyone argueing against it either hasn't checked the blockchain, is a troll/blatantly lying, or is a bytecoin bagholder.
babybonobo

Activity: 278

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:43:58 PM

I definitely prefer ByteCoin and duckNote over Monero.

It has to do with the devs, community and the coins' brandings for my choices.  Noob geniuses love to yell "premined LOL!OL!!!!111" at ByteCoin, while the people who actually do their research sit quietly mining and buying with confidence.  I'm not here to convince anyone because it's a lost cause--there are fanboys for every altcoin now, so half of the people "investing" in altcoins have no idea what they are investing in and just jump on the hype train.  That's the case with DogeCoin, that's definitely the case with DarkCoin, and possibly Monero (although I just think their branding, logo, name, and devs are terrible).

I see the Shibisms more and more every day in these coins' communities, and all I can do is laugh or pray for their naivety.  Half of the people here can't even get their numbers straight for how much ByteCoin was mined before the "public release" as they are too concerned with branding it "premined"--a cancerous word in cryptoland.  Most fail to understand that bitcoin is 60% mined already and that most altcoins have a very high percentage of ownership by a very few addresses.

To each their own.  IMO ByteCoin and duckNote are the real deal, in their own special ways.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 10:50:44 PM

I definitely prefer ByteCoin and duckNote over Monero.  It has to do with the devs, community and the coins' branding for my choices.  Noob geniuses love to yell "premined LOL!OL!!!!111" at ByteCoin, while the people who actually do their research sit quietly mining and buying with confidence.  I'm not here to convince anyone because it's a lost cause--there are fanboys for every altcoin now, so half of the people "investing" in altcoins have no idea what they are investing in and just jump on the hype train.  That's the case with DogeCoin, that's definitely the case with DarkCoin, and possibly Monero (although I just think their branding, logo, name, and devs are terrible).  I see the Shibisms more and more every day in these coins' communities, and all I can do is laugh or pray for their naivety.

Is buying with confidence the 6000$ volume for an alleged 2 years coin that is supposed to be well known on darknet ? lold
graphfox

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:54:58 PM

supposed to be

lold
babybonobo

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:58:18 PM

I definitely prefer ByteCoin and duckNote over Monero.  It has to do with the devs, community and the coins' branding for my choices.  Noob geniuses love to yell "premined LOL!OL!!!!111" at ByteCoin, while the people who actually do their research sit quietly mining and buying with confidence.  I'm not here to convince anyone because it's a lost cause--there are fanboys for every altcoin now, so half of the people "investing" in altcoins have no idea what they are investing in and just jump on the hype train.  That's the case with DogeCoin, that's definitely the case with DarkCoin, and possibly Monero (although I just think their branding, logo, name, and devs are terrible).  I see the Shibisms more and more every day in these coins' communities, and all I can do is laugh or pray for their naivety.

Is buying with confidence the 6000$ volume for an alleged 2 years coin that is supposed to be well known on darknet ? lold

Oh, hi 12 year old.  If that mindset works for you, that's great.  You're not thinking very far though, and I'll leave it at that.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 11:00:06 PM

Oh, hi 12 year old.  If that mindset works for you, that's great.  You're not thinking very far though, and I'll leave it at that.

This is for all the DRK fanboys and hypemachines out there.

ddeMJNhqY8Vca4nzDa2RTF45MoXJFANMX6nWHBshnTxs49QXK98eC3HiZnyt1DHSoj3h6NCtnkSsk8R j6ZgjgKeC2ApPfx6Q6

Oh,hi 6 year old.
darkota

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:06:20 PM

I definitely prefer ByteCoin and duckNote over Monero.

It has to do with the devs, community and the coins' brandings for my choices.  Noob geniuses love to yell "premined LOL!OL!!!!111" at ByteCoin, while the people who actually do their research sit quietly mining and buying with confidence.  I'm not here to convince anyone because it's a lost cause--there are fanboys for every altcoin now, so half of the people "investing" in altcoins have no idea what they are investing in and just jump on the hype train.  That's the case with DogeCoin, that's definitely the case with DarkCoin, and possibly Monero (although I just think their branding, logo, name, and devs are terrible).

I see the Shibisms more and more every day in these coins' communities, and all I can do is laugh or pray for their naivety.  Half of the people here can't even get their numbers straight for how much ByteCoin was mined before the "public release" as they are too concerned with branding it "premined"--a cancerous word in cryptoland.  Most fail to understand that bitcoin is 60% mined already and that most altcoins have a very high percentage of ownership by a very few addresses.

To each their own.  IMO ByteCoin and duckNote are the real deal, in their own special ways.

It's funny cause Babybobo calls other coins bad, but he likes a coin with a 82% premine(Bytecoin) and a coin that has no dev team, innovation, and was based off Dogecoin which he hates so much(Ducknote). Babybobo is either a troll or someone with a very severe case of dumbass disorder.

*There is no disputing the Bytecoin Premine btw, you can check the Bytecoin Blockchain for yourself and see that over 80% of the total coin supply was mined before Bytecoin was made known.
c789

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:13:03 PM

Disclaimer: I have invested in all of the crytonote coins, including XMR. But given its emission curve, I don't think it's going to hold up as well long-term. Check out the above chart which compares XMR to BTC to QCN. For XMR, roughly 86% will be mined in 4 years. I don't think that's great for long-term purposes. FCN and QCN look better in this respect.

Before all the bashing begins: I said I have invested in XMR. I'm just saying...look at the math.

babybonobo

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:15:26 PM

Wow...stalkers everywhere on here.  Nearly every post I create somebody looks through this account's history to see what I've posted.  How is that post even relevant?  You Monero and DarkCoin fanboys can try to slander me as much as you want, but it's a boring discussion.  I've owned and sold both XMR and DRK, and I even told others when the best point to sell would be and I still got all these trolls on my back.  It's absolutely annoying to talk to you dumbasses.  There is actually a lot to consider with ByteCoin's origin, but you obviously have not looked into it far enough yourself and I'm not doing that DD for an asshole like you.  Thanks for the duckNote advertisement though Cheesy, I'm not wasting any more of my time arguing over the internet...let's get back on topic, creep.

IMO duckNote's aura is similar to DogeCoin's, but also very different.  It is abstract and you probably wouldn't understand, because you don't feel the same sentiment, but yes if you simplify DogeCoin to being "silly" then I could see why you would see duckNote as being "based off Dogecoin".  It's a different style of humor in my opinion though and obviously has much different tech.

Enjoy arguing with yourselves and creepin' on others.
darkota

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:17:50 PM

Wow...stalkers everywhere on here.  Nearly every post I create somebody looks through this account's history to see what I've posted.  How is that post even relevant?  Thanks for the duckNote advertisement Cheesy, I'm not wasting any more of my time arguing over the internet...let's get back on topic, creep.

IMO duckNote's aura is similar to DogeCoin's, but also very different.  It is abstract and you probably wouldn't understand, because you don't feel the same sentiment, but yes if you simplify DogeCoin to being "silly" then I could see why you would see duckNote as being "based off Dogecoin".  It's a different style of humor in my opinion though and obviously has much different tech.

You Monero and DarkCoin fanboys can try to slander me as much as you want, but it's a boring discussion.  I've owned and sold both XMR and DRK, and I even told others when the best point to sell would be and I still got all these trolls on my back.  It's absolutely annoying to talk to you dumbasses.  There is actually a lot to consider with ByteCoin's origin, but you obviously have no looked into it far enough yourself and I'm not doing that DD for an asshole like you.  Enjoy arguing with yourselves and creepin' on others.

Yea, because you can definitely feel a coin's "aurora" over the internet..Makes sense.  Roll Eyes

I have one question for you and one question only, what drugs are you taking?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: